Deca [h.s]

By tpwkyana

DISCONTINUED "If you ever think about touching my girls, or even speak or make eye contact with them. I will... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20

10

1.3K 36 16
By tpwkyana

Valerie Colver

It's been a few days since Tilly got sick and she has been feeling a lot better. It turned out to be a little fever that could be treated with drugstore medicine and luckily Doctor Wilkinson had it in stock. We also got some updates on the people who were following us. It was someone named Marco. Zayn told us that he was working alongside Vince to get a hold of me. The navigation source said that they were around our area so Harry and Zayn tried to limit access to the outside world.

This limitation upset Harry from what I've made out. I think he was upset because he couldn't give Tilly the birthday party she wanted. It upset me too, it would be my first birthday with her and I wanted it to be special. I'm sure Gigi understood the consequences of going outside but she also wanted to make the party special because of all the changes Tilly was facing, knowing this she still begged Zayn to take us to a local store.

Parenthood is hard.

I wasn't sure if Zayn gave in because I left the room when I saw Harry leave. The rest of the men also left. Tilly had been hanging out with her Uncles as we were discussing what our plans were and as promised they would get the information after they kept her distracted. I turned into the right corridor to see Harry sitting in a chair, rubbing his face. The bags underneath his eyes told me that he hasn't been sleeping good.

I knocked on the wall, "Hey." I smiled making my way onto a chair across from him. We haven't had time to talk since the hideout has been busy.

"Hey." He rasped out. He was definitely exhausted, maybe I'll take Tilly for the day and let him sleep.

"So how are you feeling?"

He shook his head and let his eyes close for a second, "shit, tired, stressed, awful, like the worst father, an-"

"Why worst father?" I could assure him that he wasn't that.

"That's for another day blondie." He said before rubbing his eyes once again. Definitely going to take Tilly for the rest of the day.

"So I've been hearing Tilly calling you mommy a lot lately." Now we haven't talked about this yet. The first time he heard this was at the hotel and I made sure to leave before anything else happened. I felt my heart sink, was it okay to say that it is a sensitive topic for me?

"Oh-um-about that, if you don't-" I wanted to continue but if he said something I didn't want him too, I would be heartbroken. She is my kid, blood or not.

"-No, that's fine. She does need a motherly figure. I think you're doing great Val and I really do appreciate it." That was the first time he called me by my name.

"I-I was wondering-uh, nevermind..." He seemed embarrassed to ask what he wanted. This was the first time I noticed his dimples and his cupid shaped lips. They fit his face perfectly, not to mention how his nose moves when he talks, just like Tilly's.

"It's okay Harry, you can ask it." His green eyes flickered from my eyes to lips then eyes again.

It took him awhile to get his words together, "I was wondering if you wanted to do something tomorrow with me?" I liked the tension between us. He was afraid that I would say no.

I wanted to tease him and say no just for his reaction, "I'm not interested." I played along. His posture immediately sunk and he wanted out.

"I'm kidding Harry. I would love to do something with you." I saw him relax as he smiled a little. I never noticed the size differences in his teeth, they were like bunny teeth, cute.

"I want to show you something. Would you like to come and see it?" I nodded.

"Sure." I spoke as I followed behind him into a hallway I've never been to. Again the designs down this way were amazing, I'd have to ask Gigi who designed them. Harry and I came across a gated door with many locks on it. The top read,

In the remembrance of Jackson Anderson Colver.

"Am I going to see anything I don't want to see?" I didn't want to see someone's head or headless body.

"No, I promise Baby V and you can give me a hug if you do get scared." Baby V, I couldn't help the smile on my face.

"The tattoo on your neck. Does it stand for Jackson Anderson Colver and does the 98 stand for the year I was born?" I knew I was right, but I wanted a conformation.

"It sure does doll." He mentioned before getting the door open. The inside was like a treasure chest. It was filled with gold, diamonds, and wealthiness, just how he liked it.

"This is a memorial the boys and I set up for him. Your grandfather was a good man. Mindful, thoughtful, selfless and compassionate." A big picture of him hung up against the wall that made him look like a king.

"You asked me a couple days ago about what really happened." I stopped looking around and nodded. I didn't want to the stories to be true. It was hard to imagine how he felt.

"The stories aren't true. No one killed him." I felt a rush of relief.

"What was really true was he was sick, really really sick. He suffered from colon cancer." That did run in the family.

"During the time he was diagnosed, Vince and him were at war. You wouldn't expect a father and son to be at war with each other but that's what happened." Vince was the son of Jackson. Their relationship was a normal father and son relationship until Vince turned 15. This was when his behavior got reckless. Jackson sent him to a program to help with it, which was where the hatred began. Vince was angry. He wanted to get away with the fighting and continue his actions.

Grandpa was always was there for mom and I. Although the two men didn't like each other, grandpa always got a hold of information. I don't think Vince knew that his father had a hold of us, but it would always work. Mom would tell Vince that we were leaving for the weekend for a girls trip and he would be okay with it. It was probably because he would be able to commit un loyal acts.

"This is something he wanted me to give you and your mom." He handed me a blue safe.

To my Baby V and my Penelope

These words were displayed on the box. Harry passed me the key and I used it to open the box. There was money, rings, gold and many notes.

Hey Baby V,

You've probably met Harry now since I asked him to give the box to you. It's painted in your favorite color, did you notice? I'm sure you did. How's life? Probably really bad, but I promise you it'll get better. I'm sorry for not being there for you. It eats me alive every single day just thinking about how lonely you and your mother are. You're so strong V. I'm so proud of you. I'm currently writing this in Dr Wilkinson's office. She says that I have a couple days left. I'm not scared to die. This is the life I sighed up for and this is how I have to go. How's Tilly? She's cute isn't she? She's such a character. While I'm writing this she's beside me. She doesn't understand that I'll be gone soon so I explained it as I would be going on a trip. A trip to Bora Bora. Remember that? You had a blast. I'm running out of paper V. Trust Harry please. I know he's a tough cookie but once you get to know him he isn't too bad. Harry and the boys know what they're doing. You stay strong V. I love you.

- Your old man.

Without thinking I crashed into Harry's chest. I was overwhelmed with finally knowing the truth, the talk, the note and the mention of my mother. "Thank you so much Harry." I got out before the room filled with my cries.

"Hey, hey, please don't cry. Look at me." He lifted my chin with his hand and cupped my cheeks. "Jackson will haunt me if you continue to cry." He smiled, using his thumbs to wipe underneath my eyes. He brought me into his chest again and tightly held me there, rubbing my back and putting his chin on top of my head.

"It's okay to cry Val, let it all out." And I did.

"Remember Val. H.S, this is very important." I rolled my eyes at the repeated words.

"I know gramps. You tell me this everyday." I told him. He smiled and fixed his crooked suspenders.

"I know, I know. I'll stop now." He teased. He passed me his homemade pancakes and pulled a chair from under the table. He took a seat on it.

"Okay, what letters did I tell you to memorize?" I groaned and face palmed. He let out a long laugh beside me.

"I'm just teasing you." He said again. He picked up is fork this time and ate his pancake he cooked. It was only one because the old man had to shed some pounds apparently.

"Okay, one last time. What letters?"

If old age didn't kill him, I would.

"H.S." I said annoyed.

"Yep, H.S. Remember it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

334K 7.5K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...
138K 2.7K 55
{ COMPLETED } When the most famous mafia leaders member die a new member comes into work for him his name is harry styles. Tate the mafia leaders dau...
3.5K 31 47
sequel to REVENGE The man chuckles "there's nothing bad about being protective Louis, it just means you care for them" Louis nods "I do... a lot, he'...
701K 13.9K 66
'The arena was huge. I mean, I knew this girl was famous, but this is as big as the stadiums I would play in during my One Direction days, and those...