Hazardous

By Katerinaravenclaw

3010, the world isn't the same as you remember it. It's been taking over by the radiation poisoning from many... More

Jaylynn: Welcome to BlueBrook
Luke: Welcome to BlueBrook
Luke: Meet the Nurse
Jaylynn: The Camp
Luke: Mutants
Jaylynn: Dr. Lockwood and Kayleigh
Luke: Titan
Jaylynn: Grief
Luke: Memories
Jaylynn: The City
Luke: Clouds
Jaylynn: The Park
Luke: Fiona
Jaylynn: The Past
Luke: Dash
Luke: The Abandoned Hotel
Jaylynn: Luke
Luke: The Voices
Jaylynn: The mysterious yellow eye
Luke: Anger
Jaylynn: Hurt
Luke: Pain
Jaylynn
Luke: A new group
Jaylynn: Dash
Luke
Jaylynn: Danger in The Camp
Luke: The Witch Doctor
Jaylynn: Near Death
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
Luke
Jaylynn
EXTRA
News!

Jaylynn: Radiation

98 4 1
By Katerinaravenclaw

The light grey fog cast shadows over the entire camp, as I sat on the small porch of my cabin. I bit my nails, and began worrying again, not just about Luke, who had left hours ago, but also Dash. When he had found that I was worried about Luke, Dash set off to find him. I leaned back against the chair, pulling my legs up to my chest. The cold air brushed against me, and I shivered, pulling my leather jacket close to my body.

"Hey, you okay?" Melody came up, and rested a hand on my shoulder. I nodded, and kept looking around camp.

"Lev and I are going for dinner. Come with us?" She held out her hand for me,

"Okay." I replied, and got to my feet. I rested my hand in her's, and she pulled me toward the food building. Lev walked up, and groaned,

"This fog doesn't look good."

"No." Melody sighed, and ran a hand through her brown hair. I nodded in agreement, and headed down into the food room. Melody took a seat at our table, and patted the seat beside her. I slipped into the seat, and rested my hands on the table.

"I'm going to go get some food for us." Lev waved, and went to go find our dinners.

"They'll be okay. I promise you." Melody put her warm hand on mine,

"I hope so." I whispered.

"Everything will be fine. You'll see." She said. Lev approached us, and put down macaroni and cheese in front of me.

"Thanks." I smiled, and began stuffing my face with the food. I had to admit, I was starving. Lev and Melody chuckled, as I gulped down the food,

"What?" I giggled. Melody shook her head, chuckling softly as she took a bite of her hamburger. I smiled, and pulled my pop towards me, taking a sip.

"Hello!" I heard the clatter of heels, and turned around to see Kayleigh and Kylen, who had his arm draped around her shoulders.

"Hi." Melody waved with her robotic arm,

"What are you two doing here?" Lev asked, and leaned back in his chair.

"Fiona and Hunter decided they wanted to go on a mission to find us supplies." Kayleigh shrugged, and took a spot beside me.

"Yeah, and those jerks stole our table." Kylen growled, pointing at their usual table, which was taken over by the army soldiers in our camp.

"Calm down." Kayleigh sighed, and pulled on Kylen's hand to get him to sit down.

"Well, we do need those soldiers though. As backup in case mutants attack." I shrugged,

"True." Kylen nodded. Then, the lights in the room suddenly flickered, and went off.

"What the-" Lev glanced around, and I could hear the shrieks of panic around the room.

"This is totally like a horror movie." Kayleigh squeaked, as the sound of her loading her gun echoed through the darkness.

"Warning! Warning!" a robotic voice said. The lights then turned back on, and began flickering. "High levels of radiation have been detected." The robotic voice kept repeating itself, and I tried to see Melody and my friends through the darkness. Shuffling, a sudden scream, and then gunfires made my blood run cold.

"Melody? Lev?" I called out my teammates names, no response. My breathing grew heavy, as the lights flickered off, and I struggled to find my way through the darkness. I shoved my hands into my belt, pulling out both my handguns and removing the safety.

"Hello?" I whispered, and ran my hands along the cold wall. The room was silent, and I couldn't even hear one footstep. I froze in my spot when I heard the low breathing,

"Is anyone there." I called out, shaking in my frozen spot. A snarling noice made it's way towards me, and I backed up, sprinting across the floor. A scream escaped my throat as a creature launched itself onto my back, taking me down. I hissed, trying to get off my back, but the creature didn't move, the mutant didn't move. It dug it's sharp claws into my back, and I growled in pain.

I hissed, and tried to pry my hand out my under me. I took a deep breath, and tugged my hand out. This was my chance, I threw my arm toward the creature, releasing the trigger on my handgun. The mutant shrieked as it collapsed onto the ground, dead in an instant. I sighed, and pulled myself onto my feet, regaining my normal breathing. There's bound to be more though. I looked around the room, and found myself bolting toward where I could faintly see light. The light loomed closer as I ran towards it, and found stairs ahead. A smile appeared on my lips, as I darted up the stairs, and out of the food building. When I exited the building, my mouth dropped open in horror. Mutants were all over the camp, attacking everything in their sight. Buildings were getting smashed, and destroyed, as mutants plowed right through them. My gaze swept over the camp, in an attempt to find anyone. Then I remembered Apprentice, who I had left in the cabin, and I sprinted as fast as I could toward my house. A mutant ran on his stumbling legs towards me, and I quickly aimed my gun, shooting it right in the head. I continued on, and then found my cabin, which had all the windows smashed.

"Apprentice!" I screamed, and threw open the door. My dog was nowhere to be found.

"Oh no." I gasped, and searched through the clothes and equipment that had been thrown on the floor. A quiet bark made me spin around on my feet, and I looked to see Apprentice, hiding under my bed. I laughed in joy, and jogged towards my dog, helping him out from under the bed. He barked, and licked my gas mask, and I smiled

"Bad dog. You took your gas mask off!" I giggled, and retrieved it from my bedside table, placing it over his face. Apprentice grunted, and tried to take the mask off with his paw.

"No." I shook my head, and got to my feet, running my hand over his collar. My dog had a meter on his collar that told me how high the radiation was, and my jaw dropped. Eighty percent, that was the highest it's ever been in this area.

"Come on boy." I searched the cabin for my backpack, and smiled when I found it, slipping it over my shoulders.

"Let's go find the others." I told my dog, and left the cabin, with Apprentice trotting beside me. "Melody!" I almost screamed in joy when I spotted my friend fighting off mutants with her arm. But where was Lev? I glanced around, and then let out a sigh in relief when I saw him fighting not to far away. A mutant advanced to claw Melody's normal arm, but I shot it down before it could. "There you are!" Melody exclaimed as she kept fighting.

"We were getting worried." I giggled, and shot another mutant. Melody killed the last mutant, and we ran to Lev, to find he had defeated the mutants fighting him too.

"What's the plan?" I asked them,

"Kayleigh and Kylen left, and went to go find their teammates. Everyone else has left too, as far as I know." Melody explained,

"We should head too. The radiation is really high here, eighty percent.". Lev and Melody exchanged glances with me and then each-other.

"We're getting out of here." Lev breathed,

"Fortunately, we both have our backpacks." Melody chuckled, and I smirked.

"I guess we'll have to find another base then." I said, and sighed.

"Oh well." Melody shrugged,

"Then let's find Dash and Luke first."

"Okay.".

The three of us travelled through the empty streets, trying to find any sign of Luke and Dash. A flash of blue hair made me grin, and I ran towards it.

"Dash!" I called out,

"Oh hey! You guys on a mission?" Dash asked, and I told him the story. Dash gasped,

"Really. That's bad." He put his hands on his gas mask,

"Don't worry about it." I brushed it off. A black haired person came up beside Dash, and I growled, and walked towards him.

"It's time you stop taking off mister. I'm getting sick and tired of it." I hissed at him, and punched him in the arm. Dash, Lev and Melody starting chuckling behind me, as Luke groaned, and rubbed his arm.

"Don't do it again." I smirked, but Luke didn't respond.

"Got it?"

"Yes." Luke muttered.

"Okay, so where are we headed?" I asked my team,

"To the edge of the city. I've heard the radiation is low around that area. There's plenty of hotels and stores, so we'll be able to find shelter." Melody explained to us.

"Then let's go." Lev said, and the five of us headed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.2K 636 12
Suddenly, I feel a hand that intertwines mine. The touch is warm but still not enough to comfort me after the news I've just got. I feel someone is...
55.8K 10.1K 105
Arabel Lee was tired of her boring life, even as a beloved celebrity. She wished for more, wished to return to the time when she wasn't the only one...
564K 8K 6
Leah was having a time adjusting to her new life after her mother remarried. Her step brother hated her, she had trouble making new friends and she...
432K 23.8K 28
My father left me and my mother when I was nine. When I was twelve, he came back for me, and caused destruction in his wake. Little did I know what w...