The Capitals Flower

By sunflowersRus

The 67th hunger games is coming around. What happens when district four's tribute is none other than the very... More

Part 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chpater 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Part 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Part 3
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 2

4.7K 88 4
By sunflowersRus

Dahlia's Pov:

Today is the day of the reaping. I make my way over to Finnick's house. My hair is tied up in two long French brains and I have a skip in my step.

My name is in the reaping two dozen times and before I would be worried. But I need to be strong for Finnick, he worries enough for the both of us. My name would've never been in so many times if I had enough food.

My mom died and my dad left her when I was young. I have only managed to stay out of the orphanage by pretending my dad is still here. Which has been difficult but anything is better than the orphanage.

I get to Finnick's house and ring the doorbell. I take in a deep breath, I can't let him see me nervous. I have to be strong for him. A moment later the door swings open.

"Hello!" I say

"Hey, come in." Finnick says opening the door just wide enough for me to get through.

I walk in and sit on the leather couch in his large living room. His whole house is huge, but that is expected in victor's village. He follows obviously anxiously.

"What's on your mind?" I ask

"How many times is your name in again?" He asks a little to quickly.

"Twenty-four." I answer immediately, how is one to forget how close they are to death.

He just nods with his arms crossed. I could tell he was worried.

"Don't worry. It isn't even that much." I say sitting up. A lie.

"Only in three years you put your name in there twenty-four times?" He asks.

"I'm not proud of it." I say getting up and walking over to him.

"I'm worried about you. I couldn't live with myself if you got reaped and well, you died." He says

"Don't worry. You'll be just fine, I'll be just fine. I promise." I say hugging him. Another lie.

"You don't know that. What happens if you do get reaped?" Finnick asks.

"Then you will be able to tell me you told me so." I say as he hugs me back.

"I'm just worried about you." He says.

"Don't be. I am fine. And I will be fine after the games too." I say trying my best to comfort him.

He smirks and lifts me over his shoulder. I laugh as he drops me onto the couch. I look at the clock and jump off the couch realizing we only have two minutes to get to the justice building.

It is good I got dressed before I got here. I'm dressed in a purple sundress that Finnick brought me back from the capital.

"We have to leave now." I say panicking as I take my hair out of the braids quickly. Wavy strands of brown fall down my back.

"Are you sure you don't just want to skip this one? Stay here with me?" He asks.

"You know we can't. Come on." I say opening the door for both of us.

He walks out pouting. I laugh and kiss him on the cheek.

"Race you!" I say taking off to the justice building.

He is faster then me there is no doubt about that. He wins obviously. I check in and go to the group of fifteen year old girls. Finnick sits with the other victors.

They play the video we have all heard too many times. Blah blah blah reballion blah blah blah don't do it again blah blah blah kill kids.

"Okay ladies first." The escort says.

Everyone looks around nervously. I try my best to stay calm. I look over at Finnick who seems more calm them earlier. The escort puts her hand on the bowl full of names picking a random one from the top.

She unfolds it carefully. My heart is beating fast. The girls around me all stay silent but the anticipation is making me want to scream.

"Dahlia Rodrigues" She says simply.

I look around for someone, anyone willing to vollenteer. I see Finnick panic is in his eyes but he manages to look calm. I quickly calm myself down and walk out with my head held high.

I look way more confident then I feel. When I get up there I stay silent looking out at the crowd. I take my hands out of the fists they were in. Calming down quickly, ignoring the knot in my stomach.

I can't give them the satisfaction of me being angry. I am known for being laid back in district four so I may as well keep that act up.

"Now for the boys." The escort says.

She reaches into the bowl and pulls a slip of paper. She unfolds it but she seems to wait less time to read the name.

"David Hughes." She says.

Before anyone can even try to find the boy a voice pipes up.

"I vollenteer as tribute." A boy about eighteen says.

He has brown ashy hair with striking blue eyes. He is muscular, obviously a student at the academy where they train the kids for the games.

"What's your name?" The escort asks him.

"Devan Atreo." He says standing at least a foot taller then me.

"Well a round of applause for this years tributes Devan and Dahlia!" The escort says.

The crowd erupts into cheers. We both walk into the justice building. Devan goes to talk with his family well I just go to the train. No one would come to visit me there is no point in sitting around waiting for something that is not coming.

When I get in the train I see Finnick nervously pacing the floor.

"Well I guess you told me so." I say sitting down smiling, I still have to be strong for him. Even if I'm just within deaths grasps.

He just chuckles a little and shakes his head.

"This is serious you know that right?" Finnick says.

"Yeah I do, but how hard could it be?" I ask. Harder than I'm making it seem.

He gives me a 'your joking right?' look and I chuckle.

"Don't worry. We can do this!" I say motioning for him to sit next to me on the couch.

He sits and I lean on him well we sit in a comfortable silence until Devan comes in with the escort and Mags.

"So what's the strategy?" He asks with his arms crossed.

"I don't want to kill anyone." I say bluntly.

Finnick face palms and Devan chuckles. But Mags smiles sweetly.

"Don't worry beauty. I'll do the killing and you can just get us sponsors." Devan says sitting next to me.

I smile and almost don't notice the annoyed look on Finnick's face.

"Sounds like a deal. My survival skills are also pretty great so I can help you with that." I say

"Are we going to join the careers?" Devan asks Finnick more than me.

"Your choice. You see if you join them you will be off their kill list until you outlive your worth to them. But if you join them you will constantly be hunting other tributes." Finnick says.

"How about we go on our own? We could get our own food and find our own water. We could easily survive just us two." I suggest.

"Whatever you want beautiful." Devan flirts.

Finnick glared at him but I just smile. He was being sweet. Mags shows us the other tributes on a screen. Finnick gives us advice the whole way there.

When we got to the capital there was a crowd of people waiting outside. The dress I am wearing is slightly wrinkled but other wise I look okay.

I get out of the train and a handful of boys start whistling at me. I look around, confused by the sudden interest. Devan sees this and immediately gets out of the train car. He puts his arm around me as if protecting me from the boys.

He cracks his nuckles and immediately every boy stops. When Finnick gets out of his train and all the girls are trying to touch him. He smirks and keeps walking.

Devan keeps his arm around me protectivly. No one else bothers to cat call me. Finnick flirts with a few girls but I don't mind. I trust him.

We finally get to the building we will be staying at. Devan doesn't let me go until we get inside. Finnick seems annoyed.

"Okay, Dahlia you go with your prep team and Devan you go with your's." Finnick says.

Devan is led away by a few brightly colored, ridiculous looking individuals. But before I can leave with my team Finnick holds me back.

"Dahlia, I don't think you should trust Devan. I don't know why but I just don't trust him." Finnick says.

"I think I can trust him. He seems nice." I say lightly.

"Just watch out for him." Finnick says.

"Okay. I will." I say leaving with my prep team.

They practically faint when they see how long my hair is. After a few brutal hours of them ripping every hair from my body and making me look presentable I finally get in my dress.

It has way more cleavage then I am comfortable with. It sparkles in the light and is a beautiful ocean blue. There is a small flower tucked behind my ear. I try to cover the cleavage awkwardly.

I go to where the other tributes are. No one is really talking. When Devan sees me he just stares at me.

"Hi!" I say smiling.

"You look absolutely ravishing." He says, eyes focused on my chest.

"Thank you." I say moving my arms in an attempt to cover my cleavage.

We wait at out chariot until the tribute parade starts. I smile, blow kisses, and wave well Devan just stands there looking tough. The cheers are deafening, and just like that we became a form of entertainment.

The parade seems to end quickly. We both go up to our floor. I practically run to my room. I throw the uncomfortable dress off and change into a pair of pajamas.

Tomorrow we start training. I will need to be rested. So I go to sleep forgetting about dinner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 239 23
Amity Tides may have survived the 70th Hunger Games but will she survive the life of a victor? - A Finnick Odair x OC love story [This is a MATURE bo...
11.2K 354 10
α΄›Κœα΄‡ Κœα΄œΙ΄Ι’α΄‡Κ€ Ι’α΄€α΄α΄‡κœ± α΄‘Ιͺʟʟ α΄…α΄‡κœ±α΄›Κ€α΄Κ ᴇᴠᴇɴ α΄›Κœα΄‡ α΄˜α΄œΚ€α΄‡κœ±α΄› ᴏꜰ Κœα΄‡α΄€Κ€α΄›κœ±, α΄€Ι΄α΄… α΄›Κœα΄€α΄›'ꜱ ᴇxα΄€α΄„α΄›ΚŸΚ α΄‘Κœα΄€α΄› Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄˜α΄‡Ι΄α΄‡α΄… ᴛᴏ α΄˜α΄α΄Κ€ α΄€ΚŸα΄‡xΙͺꜱ Κ€Ιͺʙʙᴏɴ. [ꜰΙͺΙ΄Ι΄Ιͺα΄„α΄‹ ᴏᴅᴀΙͺΚ€ x ᴏᴄ] α΄˜α΄œΚ™ΚŸΙͺκœ±Κœα΄‡α΄…: 05.0...
5.7K 71 28
Y/N Y/L/N is announced to be the district 4 female tribute for the 73rd Hunger Games. She has to leave her little sister with her dead beat siblings...
17.8K 351 18
in which; The district 4 tribute fights for her life in the 74th annual hunger games. β‹†ο½‘β€§ΛšΚšΙžΛšβ€§ο½‘β‹† This is FIRE KILLS; She was the spark that started...