Violet Witch

By NVMelissa13

"Let's go for a party." They said. "It'll be fun." They said. Well my best friends were so wrong. So very v... More

Cast and Book Covers
Prologue
1| My First Party
2| Just Like Cinderella
3| Jumping Around The Earth
4| Explanations And Heartbeats
5| Starting Our Journey
6| My First Magic Trick
7| I Hate Waitresses
9| Training
10| Sleuthing Around
11| Damn Jungles And Stupid Feelings
12| Falling To My Death
13| Secrets, Heartbreak and Kisses
14| Mood Swings And Magic
15| Nightmares Can Come To Life
16| I Have A Familiar!
17| He's My Great Great Grandpa, I Think
18| Angels And Allies
19| Ellie, Quinn And Battle Strategies
20| Keep It Safe
21| To The Castle
22| The End...
23| ...Is Just The Beginning
24 I Resurrected. Yay?
25| Graduation Presents
Epilogue
Author's Note

8| Endless Diamond Sky

778 65 9
By NVMelissa13

I closed any eyes as wind swept past my face.

"Don't you dare close your eyes Melody." Lucas whispered in my ear.

"I'm not sure they can open." I said wrapping my arms around his neck tighter.

He chuckled.

"It's beautiful and your missing the view." He said.

I sighed and opened my eyes. I gasped as I looked around. All I could see was an endless diamond sky. It was beautiful.

"This is beautiful." I said.

"You've seen nothing yet." Lucas said and pumped his wings to fly faster.

We shot through the air like shooting stars and I loved it. I laughed and held Lucas tighter as my stomach flipped.

He flew under, over and even through clouds. I was smiling the whole time.

The feeling of soaring and tumbling was indescribable. Lucas flew higher higher and higher until we were above the clouds, only stars surrounding us.

I looked around with a smile on my face.

"This is amazing." I whispered.

"Yeah... it's is." He said.

I looked at him to find him looking at me.

"What? Do I have something in my face?" I asked wiping my cheek.

Lucas laughed and mumbled. "Only you, Melody. Only you."

I shrugged.

"Hold your breath Melody. This only gets better." He whispered.

He tilted to the side, wrapped his wings around us and dropped to the ground. Fast. My stomach twisted like I was in a rollercoaster and it was amazing.

He flew down next to Sydney who was running. She gave a happy bark and sprinted faster. Then we slowed down and Lucas landed. I swayed a bit because my whole body was wobbly.

"You good?" Lucas asked.

"Yep." I said moving away from him and stumbling a bit before I regained my balance.

I looked around. We were in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by short grass and a few cactus.

"Where are we? Why are we here? Are you tired? Did you sprain you won't carrying me? Is my-" Lucas cut off my rambling.

"Nothing is wrong. I just though we'd camp here for the night. We will go to the Antique store at first light." He explained.

I nodded. "Cool, cool. What now?" I asked.

"You are going to make us a tent and fire." He said.

I looked at him skeptically. "I'm not a girl guide. I mean I tried it once in forth grade but I just liked the idea of camping when everything was provided." I said stressing the last point.

"That's your problem. Your thinking like a human and not a witch." He said tapping my head.

"So... magic?" I asked.

He nodded. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I took the backpack off my back and placed it on the ground. I closed my eyes and searched for my inner peace.

It was easier to pull magic from myself this time. I sent it outwards and thought of a tent. Nice and big enough for even Sydney. I didn't want her to sleep outside.

I used magic to pull some dry wood and leaves from the ground then, I thought of a spark that would strike the grass and light a flame.

I opened my eyes.

"Oh, my God." I said looking around. There was a huge violet tent in front of us and a fire a few feet in front of it.

"I did it!" I shouted jumping in Lucas' arms.

"That you did." Lucas said holding me.

I took a deep breath of his cologne and pulled back taking a few steps away from him. He's like a drug. You know you can't take it but you need it.

We talked over the fire for a while before putting it out and retreating to the tent. Sydney slept horizontally in front of the entrance while Lucas and I slept vertically in front of her.

"Good night Lucas." I said.

"Good night Melody." He responded.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. Key word. Tried. So many things were running through my mind and capturing my attention. I loved sleep but I hated the dreams. So I'm my case, insomnia is a kind of small blessing. I felt Lucas pull me towards him. I opened my eyes in surprise. His were closed.

"Your thinking too much. Sleep." He whispered.

I sighed internally and rested my head on his shoulder. My eyes became heavy and I closed them, falling into a very unpleasant slumber.

I was lying in something. I'm not sure what it is but it was comfortable. And squishy. Looking up, everything was beautiful. The sky was such a bright blue, it was blinding. The clouds, white as snow, floated across the sky rhythmically, majestically, unnaturally.

The leaves around me were a perfect deep green with yellow and pink flowers that were so mesmerising and healthy. An insect flew by, I couldn't quite get what it looked like. It landed on a flower and sucked some nectar before flying away.

Butterflies of every colour flew by, all flying in a specific pattern. It was concerning. So, I cried. I cried out to my mother and father but my cries went unheard.

That is until something came in front of me. It was ugly. The only way to describe it is a chicken woman. She had a break and long black talons on her fingers and toes. Her arms had feathers under them that she used for flight.

She screeched at me and tried to get me but something in my chest became warm and her hands hoovered over me. There were more like her, they came day after day to try to get me but with none succeeded.

Then I was in a cave. The only light was from a waterfall of lava somewhere in the distance. Bars stood in front of me holding a figure that was immobile. It was encased in a black substance like a butterfly in a cocoon.

It's eyes opened and I saw white with black slits. Then, I heard a maniacal laughter and I was then standing in my apartment.

On my bed lay Ellie and Quinn, they were dead, throats slit open. I screamed. Then I was standing in a castle, the throne room by the looks of it. A woman appeared on the throne but she was gone before I could make out her features.

The laughter again.

"I'm waiting." A voice whispered in my ear.

It was feminine from the sound of it and her voice was beautiful in a deadly sort of way. It sent chills down my spine.

My eyes snapped open and I started taking in many deep breaths in panic. I felt arms wrap around me and I panicked. I started thrashing around. It was the chicken women. They caught me.

"Melody! Melody it's me. It's Lucas. Your alright. Your safe. Breathe." I stopped thrashing around and stared breathing deeply trying not to panic. I moved closer to Lucas. He would protect me. "That's right. Breathe. I got you. I got you." I heard Lucas whisper.

It was then I realized I was caged tightly and protectively in his arms. I held on to him for support and whimpered. That dream wasn't like the others. It was different. More... tangible I could say.

"I'm here Melody. That's right. Calm down." Lucas said.

I nodded and took deeper breaths. I felt something warm on my leg only to see Sydney resting her head on me, her icy blue eyes looking sadly at me. Soon, I managed to calm down. My body has stopped shaking and I felt fine. Well, as fine as I could be.

"Thank you." I told Lucas.

"No problem. You ok?" He asked. I nodded against his chest.

"What was your dream about?" He asked.

"I'm not ready to talk about it." I whispered.

"Ok. Now, just go to sleep. You need the energy. I'll be right here the whole time." he said playing with some of my hair.

I nodded against his chest and willed my fear stricken body to go to sleep. It wasn't easy but I soon fell into a deep slumber.

Not too many nightmares this time.

*******

Happy Valentine's Day! What are you all up to? I'm going to watch Netflix and listen to sad songs.

I'm feeling love in the air. Ew. Hopefully it's not contagious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 5.5K 37
"D-Daniel, your name is Daniel." I said and stopped on the road. He didn't look at me and I take a couple of steps, leaning up against a tree. He st...
3.5K 65 5
WARNING: EXCERPT ONLY! "And you smell delicious too." He whispered beside my ear. "Like honey and cinnamon were mixed to create a scent so irresistib...
353 58 29
Femi's life was always quite chill, even as Satan's daughter. She wasn't the typical evil demon everyone thinks she is. But things are starting to ge...
2.5K 307 58
"She is a monster.", they said. Well, they are not wrong. I'm not a normal monster like the others from the nightmares. Whenever I go, I spread deat...