The Merman from ashore-Mermai...

By Doodlewritez04

Izuku Midoriya has been raised by sea creatures and only remembers bits and pieces to where he's from. Izuku... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilouge
ATTENTION READERS!!! IT'S FINALLY HERE!!

Chapter 9

3.2K 114 137
By Doodlewritez04

A/N: Hey everyone, hope you guys are having a good day! Before you read this, there's going to be a time skip from six months in the story. This will be one of the last chapters I will post until the day after Christmas is over. Just to keep you all in mind. Anyway, enjoy the chapter! :)

Edited: Oh and happy birthday to Eri!!!

Shigaraki POV

"So, will you let them work with you?" Kurogiri asked while messing with a pen of mine. Three complete strangers walked into my basement and wanted to work with me. Obviously, they look like complete idiots. I mean, how can they contribute to this?

"Get these lunatics out of my sight," I said and looked back at my work and taking notes.

"Come on! Don't be such a downer!" The girl with messy buns said and hovered over my shoulder, "You never know how much of an asset we can be, like me! I'm Himiko Toga!"

"And what can you do? Are you even a scientist to begin with?" I could hear giggling from behind me.

"I am a researcher. What I do is collect blood from humans, animals and take them in to form some kind of new chemical. I'm also part of a blood drive."

"You do blood science?"

"Yup! When I saw your flyer for finding a merman, all I could think about was the precious merman's blood. It would make an amazing addition to my collection~!"

"Uh-Huh, and what about you mister 'dark and mysterious'? Why do you want to take part in this project?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "Meh. Thinking you need a hacker of some sort. I will be able to pinpoint his location. More or less, I'd thought it'd be fun to chase a little fish. As for the bird clinging on my arm is my assistant, Keigo Takami." He points at the man nuzzling on his collar bone.

"Oh Dabi, I'm more than just your little royal messenger~" Dabi groaned and grabbed Takami by the back of his shirt and kept him from a distance.

"I've also got a call that a couple more people will be joining in on this project soon," Kurogiri added as he walks towards the stairs. "I say it's best if we leave the merman alone for a while."

"Huh?! Why? The sooner we get him, the sooner I get to be Endeavor's assistant and have the position to fire Bakugo!" I retorted and threw my hands in the air.

"Oh, so it's about the position you've been wanting. It's like rival against rival." Dabi smirked at me as he pushed Takami away from him.

"I guess you could say that. It should've been me to be the famous Endeavor's assistant! Mark my words, I will take back what's rightfully mine!" I lowly cackled and soon it got louder and louder by my excitement.

"Geez, tone it down a bit. Mr. Kuro, how come we have to wait?" Toga asked as she slouched into one of my other chairs.

"Because, we need to find a way for you guys to get what everyone needs. Each of you has something to gain. I'd say this is the best way for you to have what you want. As far as I've heard, Bakugo is letting the merman stay with him for a while. He probably doesn't even know what the merman's true identity is. Besides, isn't it better to have more people to believe in you?"

Kurogiri... he's Endeavor's secretary and has been helping me to get to the top. If it wasn't for him, I don't know where I would be right now. He's been my mentor since the beginning. I'll take his word for it and wait, "I understand. But what should we do while we let them have fun?"

"Like Dabi said, he's a hacker. He can secretly find where the merman is staying and be able to see how close they become. Toga has more than just her knowledge of blood science, and Takami is also known as 'Hawks' in the alleys. He's got the eyes of the bird and can record every single action of what they do."

"So, what I'm getting is, you want us to stalk these guys and gather as much info as possible?" Toga guessed as she tilted her head.

"Precisely, with my position as secretary, I can give you guys every single detail about Endeavor and Bakugo. I want Tomura to be able to corrupt Endeavor and take over this science center."

"That's pretty clever of you Kuro. I'm getting all fired up with this goose chase. When will the other guys show up?" Dabi smirked and cock his eyebrow.

"I'll let you know as soon as I can, make sure the plan goes through and don't make a single mistake," he said and went back to walking up the stairs. I turned my gaze at the people who have now joined in on my team.

"How about we get to know more about each other?"

-Timeskip to December(Christmas time)-

Bakugo POV

I hate this time of the year. Here I am getting pulled around by Deku looking around at all the stupid lights. With the Beach being closed due to weather, I have to stick around at the science center, especially since it's already Christmas Eve. I'm tired and my legs hurt, I just wanna go home. "Oi! Hurry up! I wanna go to bed!"

"Too bad! I've been cooped at your place for so long, the last time I went it felt like forever," he pouted.

"We went out last week! Stop being such a baby. You've only been here for six months and you still haven't got rid of that attitude!" I spat, he turned away and got out a notebook in front of him. Did he just ignore me? It's obviously that journal I gave him. Tch!

~

"Hey, Kacchan! Can I get this? Please!" He pleased as he showed me a little book.

"Why do you want an empty journal?"

"I like writing a lot, and I want to make every moment count by everything we did together and everyday feels so much fun!" He smiled gleefully at me.

"God, you're so annoying. If that will shut you up, I'll buy it for you!"

~

I really regret getting him that journal. "What do you even write?" I asked as I try to take a peak in his book, but he shoved me away lightly.

"That's only for me to know and for you to not!" He stuck his tongue out at me and looked away from me.

"You're such a pain..." Deku stopped moving for a moment and turned his eyes at the window. I joined over to him to see what he was looking at and it was a brown leather bag. "Do you like that?"

"Huh? Um, sorry. It looked very nice, but the price seems a little high."

"Don't you have any money?"

"I do, but I'm only using it for emergencies and it's not that much of an emergency." He stuffed the journal in his bag he was carrying and looked back at me. "It's starting to get chilly and like you said you're getting tired from all the work." He softly chuckled.

Liar. He really wanted that bag, but he didn't want to waste his money for something stupid. Deku started shaking a bit. "Ha ha... it's really cold, huh?"

I took off my scarf and wrapped it around Deku's neck, I could see pink forming on his cheeks and his eyes not meeting mine, "What are you doing?"

"You were shivering, so I gave you my scarf."

"But what about you? Won't you be cold too?" He yelped when I pulled him closer to me.

"Nah, I'll be fine. Unlike you, I don't get cold easily," I said and we continued walking. Deku had sparkles in his eyes when we came up to the huge Christmas tree in front of us.

"Whoa! It's so pretty..." Deku awed at the lights. I rolled my eyes at the tree and then at-. Huh? His eyes... since when were they always so shining bright. Looking at Deku being all excited about a light show made him smile so bright it can blind people. Out of all the times he's been excited about new things, I'd have to say this may be one of his favorite things he yet sees. He immediately closed his eyes shut tight and whispered something. After he was done he looked back at me. "Hey Kacchan?"

"Y-yeah Deku?" The hell? Why am I stuttering? I never stuttered like this or to anyone!

"Is there anything you wanna wish for? I know people call it Christmas and if you see a really big tree, your wish will come true!"

"Ha?" I really need him to cut off on tv for a while... "What's there to wish about? I already have everything I need."

"I don't know, maybe some kind of idiot to make them fall head over heels for you~" he smirked and started laughing.

"Oh shut up! I don't need someone to love! Even if someone did love me, I would ask if they're crazy enough to do that! Anyway, what about you? What did you wish for?"

"Heh. I wished... is none of your business~!" He shoved me lightly and giggled. "Uh, Kacchan!" I saw him slipped on some ice and I managed to catch him before he took the fall. Deku held onto my arms tightly and buried his head on my chest.

Ba-dump! Ba-dump!

What the-? Did my heart just... skipped a beat just now? "Um, thanks for the save. You can let go now..."

"Sure, sorry." I apologized and his grip from my jacket left. His hand moved to my other and we both started walking home. "I thought you wanted to be out a little more."

"Mmm... no thanks! Besides, I wanna get to bed early because Santa might come by!" Oh god... how am I gonna tell him about the old guy with the beard?

We both continued walking and talking to each other as time passed by. He's so carefree... Dammit..

"Deku, why don't you go inside the house, I need to go pick up something from work." I handed him the keys to my apartment and left him by the door. "Just head to bed, I promise I'll be back."

-Christmas Morning-

"Kacchan! Wake up! It's Christmas! Santa came by!!" Deku pounced on me and woke me up with a pain in my spine.

"If you keep doing that to my spine, I won't hesitate to beat your ass..." I groaned and felt the weight off my back. My hand scratched my head as I hopped out of bed and followed Deku into the living room.

"I'm so excited! I wonder what Santa brought us!" Deku hurried over to the tree and searched for presents. Geez he's so innocent. It wouldn't be right if I crushed his thoughts about the big guy with the beard. I'll just have to play along. I went over to the couch and started watching Deku searching for a present. "Kacchan! He came!" He squealed and rushed over to sit next to me.

"No way, were there any presents for me?"

"Mm.. I didn't find any... maybe you got sent up onto the naughty list~" he grinned at me.

"Whatever, I can still check on my stocking. Now open up your present."

Deku looked back at the present and started unwrapping the present from the gift bag. Tissue wrapper being thrown on the floor. From the look in his eyes widen with his mouth agape. He pulled something out of the bag and pulled it to his chest. "He got me the bag I've always wanted! How did he know?!"

"Don't know. The guy must be psychic." Idiot, I bought him that gift. He was looking all sad and gloomy when he couldn't get it. At least, he's smiling now. I'm happy for that.

"Oh! I got something for you too!" Ha? Deku got me something? He got off the couch and went over to his old bag and got out a piece of paper from it. "I made this myself!"

He showed it to me, and it was a picture of me. "Was that your first time drawing?"

"Yes! I'm not very good at it. Besides, it's something from the heart." He handed me the paper as he sat back down next to me. "I never got to say thank you."

"Thank you? For what?"

"For letting me stay here. I wanted to show my thanks by making an omelet, but that didn't work out. I just thought you were still mad at me. So, thank you for letting me stay with you. It feels more like home than from where I'm from." Deku leaned onto my shoulder and his eyes slowly shut to sleep.

He must've been up too late waiting for Santa. I pulled him closer to me and we both laid down on the couch. "Hey Deku."

"Mmm... Kacchan?"

"Wanna make some cookies later?" I gently ruffled his hair.

"Sure, that sounds fun..." he said as he snuggled closer to me. He's so precious...

Over these past six months, I've been slowly starting to get to know more and more about Deku. I still wished he would tell me from where he's from. More importantly, he's been making me feel all so weird inside. Just what the fuck is wrong with me?!

-The next day-

'So, from what I'm hearing about your Christmas was that you've been feeling all weird about Midoriya.'

"Yeah, he's always making me feel so... so..."

'Warm and tingly on the inside?'

"Exactly! Wait, how'd you know that?"

'Because, you're in love with-' Call ended. Me? In love with Deku? No! That's not possible! I don't need someone to love! If it had to be anyone, why'd it have to be Deku?! Have I really fallen in love with my own roommate?

Thanks a lot Dumb hair for that thought...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 4.3K 39
Mermaid AU. #1 in mermaid au 5/29/2020 #1 in Midoriyaxreader 3/9/20 #1 in Fantasy AU 12/10/19 #2 in izuku x reader 10/17/19 "Merfolk of all s...
195K 6.1K 25
(Y/N) (L/N) is new to the Underwater Alliance, or UA for short. It's a research center specializing in the care, wellbeing, and study of all things a...
32.8K 1.7K 35
[Book 2 of Midoriya Izuku x OC Series] ✔️ [Togata x OC] - Primarily After suffering through grueling tests and the loneliness that came with abiding...
700 35 20
Just a little BakuDeku summer read. Katsuki was injured in a motorcycle accident and was told he would have to retire. He takes on a job at his old c...