The Return

By HedaCanaryTargaryen

A fan fiction of TV series The 100 SPOILER WARNING: There are some spoilers for season 7 Trigger Warning for... More

Part 1| The Entry
Part 2 | Do I know you?
Part 3| Back to the real world
Bardo Time Everybody!|Part 2
Part 6|Welcome to Bardo.
Old Lovers vs. New| part 7
Part 8|The Reunion.
Part 9| Killing Cadogan
Forever After
The Link for the Sequel of The Return

Part 4.5 | Bardo Time Everybody! Part 1

573 31 3
By HedaCanaryTargaryen

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know before you start reading that 1: this will be a longer chapter then I normally write
And 2: Thank you for putting up with how long I take to write a chapter.
So with out further ado... enjoy!
Oh also! I'm probably only going to do 2-3 more chapters on this storyline. But I'm thinking about continuing on this timeline and just adding more chapters, characters and enemies along the way. So if that's something you would like to see... please comment and let me know! Also so sorry for how long this took to get out. It normally takes me about a week to put out a new chapter, but this one took a lot longer due to the holidays! So I just wanted to say before we start, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and Happy Kwanzaa!

-HedaCanaryTargaryen

Octavia POV

Location: The Bunker

Everyone was helping Clarke devise a plan to get to Madi... they had only been working a few minutes and already the groups spirits had started to deteriorate as they noticed the extremely limited amount of possibilities there were to get to bardo.

"What if we just fix the helmet?" Octavia asked.

"Who knows how long that will take? I don't even know if I can do it." Raven said.

"You can do it. You have to." Murphy said.

Indra looked over at Clarke, with an unusual look of sadness plastered upon her face. She wasn't used to seeing Indra look so sad, she wondered if she related to Clarke since she had felt the pain before of not knowing if your daughter was alive or not. She saw Indra start to compose herself once more. Indra must have seen her staring because she gave a little bit of a glare, which honestly made her a little scared.

"All we need the mask for is to see where the stone is... once we see where it is we can mark it and come up with a plan." Murphy said.

"How would we even get it out?" Indra asked with a confused tone of voice.

Everyone shared a look not knowing what to do. They were about to scratch their plan when they heard someone speak up.

"We go old school." Clarke said.

Everyone turned to her with a look mixed between compassion and confusion. She was glad Clarke was still able to put up a fight to save Madi. She honestly didn't know if Clarke had even heard any part of their plan, since she seemed to be so lost in her own mind. Everyone waited a moment wanting to see who would speak up next.

"What do you mean... old school" Murphy said signing quotation marks with his hands.

She saw Clarke turn towards Raven with a smile. It took Raven a minute to figure out what Clarke meant but once she did... she nearly started jumping up and down out of sheer excitement.

"Wait a minute... are you saying what I think you're saying? Please tell me you are! Please please please?!?!?" Raven said with the biggest look of anticipation.

Clarke simply nodded with a bit of a grin.

"Oh my goodness! YESSS!" Raven threw her hands up high in the air while everyone else just looked at her extremely confused.

"Hey princess... mind sharing with the rest of the class." Murphy asked.

"You know I hate it when you call me that." Clarke said with a slight glare.

"Uhhh yeah. Why do you think I do it?" Murphy said with a grin.

Octavia noticed Clarke starting to ball up her fists and knew she was going to lunge at Murphy. She wasn't mad at him... ok maybe she was a little, she just was already freaking out over everything with Madi and when you add Murphy's jack*ss comments along with it... well she's going to overflow.

"Hey hey hey! Why don't we continue the plan?" Octavia said looking at both of them sternly.

Clarke and Murphy glare at each other before Clarke continues explaining the plan

"So... Raven will work on fixing the helmet. We only need 2-3 minutes max in order to find the stone." Clarke said. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Alright next part... which is my personal favorite part........... OLD SCHOOL TIME!"Raven said mimicking an explosion with her hands.

"Right. So basically Raven will build a bomb that will break all the cement between us and the stone. However, she needs to make sure the blast stays inside the room... or else we die" Clarke said trying to seem hopeful.

"Great." Indra said blandly.

"Alright so here's the plan for
Operation Blow the Bridge 2.0
since we don't have any rocket fuel this time around... we are going to have to use the fuel from the generator that powers the fans to keep out radiation." Raven said.

Clarke looked at Murphy with a bit of a smirk.

"Yeah yeah I know I'm doing the dirty work." Murphy said.

"Slow your roll Murph... we still have to get the helmet working." Clarke said.

"You know I hate it when you call me that Clarke." Murphy said with an agitated tone.

"Paybacks a b*tch ain't it." Clarke said chuckling.

"Anyway... what Clarke meant by "we still have to get the helmet working" was that I am the one who still has to get the helmet working." Raven said letting out a huge sigh knowing she has a long road ahead of fixing the helmet.

Four hours later

Murphy POV

He was getting pretty bored and didn't know what to do so he decided to go check on Raven and see how her work was coming along.

When he walked into the little makeshift workshop room, he was greeted by extremely frustrated Raven

"Ugh DAMNIT!!!" Raven said angrily, roughly placing her tools back onto the table.

"That good huh?" Murphy said standing in the doorway with his arms crossed.

"Ha yeah... it just keeps fritzing out when ever I try to turn it on." Raven said.

"Hmm... well I don't know much about mechanics but I do know that if it is fritzing you should just restart it completely." Murphy said.

Raven looked at him with a smile.

"What? You know not all of us are mechanics Raven so sorry if I got it completely wrong." Murphy said sounding very agitated.

"No... Murphy that's actually a brilliant idea." Raven said with a smile.

"It is? Well I mean of course it is... what else would you expect coming from me?" Murphy said trying to sound cool and confident.

Raven ran up to Murphy and hugged him.

"Why is this happening?" Murphy asked with a look of disgust on his face.

"Because you're the best. Thank you Murph Murph." Raven said while still having her arms wrapped around Murphy.

"You know I-" John was saying before he was cutoff.

"Hate it when I call you that, well deal with it." Raven said as she let go of Murphy.

She started to walk back to her work area.

"Alright now let me work." Raven said

"Aye aye captain." Murphy said saluting to Raven before he left.

He heard Raven chuckle a bit as he walked away.

As he normally does, he decided to go annoy someone else. His next victim of annoyance... Octavia, he knew she could kill him but he didn't really care all that much. With everyone back on Sanctum there wasn't many people to annoy... and he knew Indra wouldn't react and also knew that Clarke would gouge his eyes out without a second thought... so Octavia it was.

He walked over to the fighting pit where he saw Indra sharpening her sword.

"You know guns will work better against the sheep right?" He said to Indra pointing at her sword.

"Maybe... but it's always good to go back to your roots." Indra said without looking up from what she was doing.

"Well I don't know how accurate that is, especially when the sheep have invisibility masks and machine guns. I don't know how well your "roots" will hold up." Murphy said.

"Guess we'll have to wait and see..." Indra said standing up as she walked over to him.

"Ha I guess so." Murphy said as she closed the distance between them.

"What do you want Murphy?" Indra said as she swiftly put the sword to his throat.

"Um um Indra... I jus- just wanted to know, Ow where Octavia was." Murphy stuttered out.

Indra pushed the blade a bit harder into his neck.

"She's outside, she doesn't like to be in here." Indra said slowly pulling the sword off of his throat.

"Huh surprising... would've thought she loved being in the room where she used murder as entertainment." Murphy said wiping the little drops of blood on his neck away.

Indra swiftly turns around and puts her sword back on Murphy's neck.

Murphy let's out a slight grimace in pain.

"Looks like my "roots" should hold up after all." Indra said with a smirk as she took the sword off Murphy's throat once again.

Murphy walked outside to talk to Octavia. He was still a little scared but he tried to hide it.

He found Octavia wrapped in a blanket sitting on a log in front of the fire.

"Mind if I join you?" He asked

"Do I really have a choice?" Octavia said as she snapped a twig and threw it into the fire.

"No... not really." Murphy said as he sat down on the log with a sigh.

Octavia must have noticed the blood on his neck because she let out a small laugh.

"Clarke do that to you?" Octavia said pointing at his wound with a smile on her face.

"Indra actually." Murphy said as he wiped the remaining blood on the sleeve of his shirt.

"Must have made her mad." Octavia said.

"I have that affect on most people." Murphy said with a smile.

"Oh yeah I'm sure." Octavia said sarcastically.

They looked up at the stars as the light of the fire illuminated their faces.

"I wonder what the Ark is like after 125 years just floating around unmanned in space." He said.

"Probably broken." Octavia said with a face that could only be described as saying "duh."

"Wow Sherlock you're really onto something there aren't you?" Murphy said in a condescending manner.

Octavia laughed.

"It's late we should go back inside and get some sleep. Since we both know it's going to be a while before Raven gets the mask working." Murphy said.

"I- I don't know Murphy... I just feel sick to my stomach whenever I am in that bunker." Octavia said as she was throwing random sticks and leaves in to the fire.

"Octavia, you made the best decision you could have in that situation. Nobody blames you for what happened down there, we all forgive you. It's time for you to forgive yourself." Murphy said genuinely.

Octavia was looking up at the stars trying to keep her tears in.

"I jus- I don't know if I can Murphy. All of it was my fault." Octavia said now crying.

"Octavia this was no ones fault. Not yours, not Indra's, not Kane's... it was no ones fault." Murphy said.

Octavia wiped her tears from her eyes.

"That was surprisingly very helpful Murphy." Octavia said with a sniffle.

Murphy gave a nod in acknowledgement.

"Did you rehearse your speech?" Octavia said wrapping the blanket closer around her body.

"Ha of course I did... you think I can be that compassionate off the top of my head?" Murphy said smugly.

Octavia shook her head and stood up.

"You're right it's late... we should head back inside the bunker."

Murphy nodded as he stood up and grabbed the bucket of water behind the log and threw it on the fire.

The two of them walked back to the bunker where they saw Indra training with her freshly sharpened sword.

"We're heading to bed. We should probably wake up early and go fishing." Octavia said

Indra nodded to them in acknowledgement. They then made their way to a room with some bunk beds.

"I call top bunk!" Murphy said as he ran into the room and jumped up onto the bed.

"You're such a child." Octavia laughed a little bit.

They soon fell asleep.

The next morning

Octavia POV

They were awoken by the sound of Raven shouting ecstatically.

Octavia automatically woke up and become on guard ready to fight any body who dared to try her.

Raven ran into the room.

"OMG! OMG GUYS I DID IT!" Raven said jumping up and down like a little kid

Murphy groaned as he was just now woken up from Raven's screaming.

"What did you do?" Octavia asked.

"Other then wake us up?" Murphy sighed as he rubbed his eyes that were still adjusting to the light.

"Ignore him... he's cranky." Octavia said.

"No I'm not."

"Anyway Raven what did you do?" Octavia asked.

"I FIXED THE HELMET!!!"

"That's great all we have left to do is make the bomb!" Clarke said.

Octavia hadn't noticed that Clarke was on a couch on the other side of the room. She must have tried to get some sleep.

Everyone looked over to Murphy with a smirk.

"Yeah yeah I know." Murphy said with a frown.

End of  Part 1

Hey everyone so I was going to make this all one big chapter however since it was taking me so long, I decided to just split it in to 2 parts instead. I hope you enjoy!

                                       -HedaCanaryTargaryen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69K 1.6K 21
"don't waste your time believing in fairy tales, they don't exist here." EDITING {based off of season 1 of The 100} Mera Henry I'm nothing, nothing...
4.7K 233 43
Life could be peaceful, Tyra had come to learn. Her brother was back in her presence, the man she loved still breathed, and peace could live even wit...
166K 5.1K 19
Clarke left Camp Jaha and walked off into the wilderness. Three months she struggled to survive on her own until she met someone, who took her in and...
147K 2.9K 40
"It's you - he said still hugging her - I always knew that - he puts his hands on her face, looks right into her deep blue eyes full of tears, and sm...