๐—œ๐—น๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—”๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜€...

By rxcxnteur

Infidelity is plain unremarkable for movie star, Evelyn Bellamy - you'd say the same if you see what goes dow... More

Disclaimer
I: "The H of the Hollywood sign"
II: "Beyond the Sea"
III: "In the Wee Small Hours"
IV: "Non Compos Mentis"
V: "Life Jackets"
VI: "Night of Confessions"
VII: "Love Conquers All"
VIII: "So This is Love"
IX: "Kathleen"
X: "Secret Admirer"
XI: "Cri de Cล“ur"
XII: "Deux Mondes"
XIII: "Croque Madame"
XIV: "Surrounded by Trojans"
XV: "Love and Peace" [18+]
XVI: "The Other Woman"
XVII: "Gift of Knowledge"
XVIII: "The Paisans"
XIX: "Cola Courage"
XXI: "Michael Vogel"
XXII: "Thanksgiving '48"
XXIII: "Errands with Jack"
XXIV: "Prima Donna"
XXV: "Mont Tremblant"
XXVI: "Valentine's Day"
XXVII: "Summertime"
XXVIII: "The Infamous Ring"
XXIX: "Happiness"
XXX: "Living Poets"
XXXI: "The Lost Eden"
XXXII: "Life Imitates Art"
XXXIII: "Do You Really, Robert?"
XXXIV: "High Noon"
XXXV: "Ghost of Delphine"
XXXVI: "Nighthawk"
XXXVII: "Diner Talk"
XXXVIII: "Mona Lisa"
XXXIX: "Dรฉtente"
XL: "The Other Man"
XLI: "'Tis the Damn Season"
XLII: "A Midnight Soirรฉe"
XLIII: "5,835 Days"
XLIV: "A Hollywood Deal"
XLV: "The One That Got Away"

XX: "Finale (To Love)"

907 45 27
By rxcxnteur

"Thanks, Ted." Evelyn placed her hand on Ted's shoulder, the boy could feel the warmth of the grip on his body. It was as gentle as the waves of a calm sea, and though the thing Evelyn was about to do will come to a crescendo in any way but calmly — she looked peaceful. "Ask him everything, Eve. Leave no stone unturned." Ted had confidence that Bobby wouldn't be able to run now, not when a woman like Evelyn knows she's being played. "I will." Ted was taken aback by the smile on the girl's face as she spoke.

The smile on Evelyn's face did not originate from happiness or yielding abdication, but it was the feminine rage inside her; the wrath that only comes once in every woman, the kind that wouldn't budge with reasoning or excuses any longer. It was a definite end to Bobby's hope of continuing their relationship furthermore. When Evelyn found herself ascending through the stairs yet again, she sensed a crack slowly forming in her heart — in her gentle, loving heart. Then it winds up knocking her onto her knees, the pain and the agony drained her of her energy to go on. They've shared too many secrets of the world for it to just expire like this. Finally, she lifted her head to see Bobby's room was empty. For a moment, Evelyn felt a kind of relief in her chest, she could breathe. But as she descended the stairs, she heard Rose calling out to her children, announcing dinnertime.

"Evelyn? I didn't know you were here!" Jean grabbed the girl by her shoulder just as she was about to exit the house. "Jean, hi. I was going to see Bobby, but he's not home, is he?" Evelyn tried as hard as she could to hide the strained voice, the mucus in her nose — she sniffled once or twice during their conversation. "Oh, you know Bobby, he rarely eats dinner anymore. He's on the roof, looking at the sunset, I think." Jean had a wide smile on her wonderfully sculpted face.

"Ah, I see. Well, I'll be going up, then." Evelyn couldn't stand looking at Jean's cheerful face, her positive aura collided with her opposite one. "Wait, Eve—" The slender girl reached out for Evelyn's wrist. "Join us for dinner, will ya? And get Bobby's ass down here." Jean gently caressed Evelyn's face for a short second before making her way back into the kitchen. She left the younger girl pondering alone at the entrance.

Evelyn took the same path to find the route to the roof. Fingers of the night would soon surrender the setting sun. The girl had always hated the mist that comes when twilights do, the atmosphere was always unreasonably sorrowful. The sound of the sea could be heard, unwavering waves and gawking seagulls coincided along. It could not have been more forlorn and dreadful for the damsel, even her love and peace had no power of aiding the poor ambiance she was enwreathed in.

"Hey." Evelyn greeted the boy with such genuine enthusiasm. Nobody could ever guess she had such a vigorous, fiery soul that was glowing inside. Bobby turned around, a camera, and a cigarette in his hands. "Smile." He did so as he looked at the girl through the camera, he captured an image of her. "How did I look?" The girl walked closer, Bobby had his eyes on the silver Leica IIIC, he moved the knobs to its default positions. "It's dark, but something in you glowed." The man stared lovingly into Evelyn's eyes, his eyes were an antonym to the color; it was warm and gentle.

"It's been a minute." Evelyn dropped a hint. She leaned on a sturdy shaft, arms crossed as if she was prepared to go into it headforemost. "Yeah. Sorry about that, honey." Bobby randomly said, he trod carefully on the roof to get closer to the sun. "Didn't think you'd ever call me that, honestly." Evelyn enjoyed the moment before the imminent disaster happens. Bobby chuckled, his head turning at Evelyn, "Heh, you've changed me." The pure and simple response created a dilemma for Evelyn; was it Bobby's intention to hurt her, or was it actually planned by his father who dictates everything? "Have I truly, honey?" She spoke airily despite the shrouded feeling of bitterness. "Yes, honey." Bobby slipped the camera down his large pocket.

After the silence had passed, Bobby settled down on the edge of the roof, Evelyn hesitantly did so. It had been months since they sat there, confessing their love to one another, the magical moment lasted only for some time before the veil of being in love clandestinely was raised aloft.

"Bobby, do you still love me?" The air thickened, the sunset was no longer beautiful in Evelyn's eyes; it had turned grim, becoming metaphorical. "I told you I'll love you 'til my dying day." With the same smile glued on his face, Bobby was unable to catch a glimpse of the underlying implication. "I said that first. And I fully mean it." "So do I, Eve." Then slowly Bobby began to understand what was occurring, though doubtfully.

"Do you think we'd ever walk down the aisle together?" Evelyn continued with her series of peculiar questions, knowing well Bobby wouldn't protest. "I do. Someday." The boy admired Evelyn as Ted did; he gazed at the girl from her side, watching her eyes opening and closing. "When's that?" Evelyn's eyes met Bobby's as she turned to reply to the stare he'd given her. "Let's do it now. Let's get eloped as I've always said." The man's lips curled into a smile, too cheerful for his position. "Hah. Unfortunately, that's not in the options anymore." Evelyn had to keep her laugh in, she held her hand inside the other, the back of her neck drenched with sweat. "Why not? Come, let's do it now." Bobby abruptly rose, his body straightened in a blink of an eye.

"Sit down, honey," Evelyn muttered, no longer smiling. She watched the skies blackening, as her heart was clouded by the man's lies. "Eve?" Bobby bent his legs, squatting on the roof. His expression shifted. "Why are you doing this to me? What's with the lies, Robert?" Evelyn did not dare to look the man in the eyes, she knew she'd only drown again in his sea. She remembered when she could float, how she could swim in the ocean effortlessly, Evelyn had no anticipation of how she'd forget how to swim quickly. "Oh, again? With this?" A look of disbelief was given to the girl, Bobby's eyes added insult to injury.

"Again, Robert?" Evelyn began sniffling again, she faced Bobby with her quivering lips, shaky voice, and empty, lachrymose eyes. "Again with the 'not telling me you're getting married to a woman you hated'?"  A loud confrontation commenced. The aghast look Bobby had instantly dropped once the truth was naked in the open. "Ted told you." He looked away. Looking away from the woman he once loved — might've still loved, if there was an ounce of truth in his utterances. "Damn right, he did." Evelyn scolded. Her legs dangled faster on the edge when Bobby walked away from their favorite spot. "Tell me the truth, Robert." With a heart shattering like glass, Evelyn preserved her voice to be stern and confrontational.

"It was my father—" "No, it wasn't." "Yes. It was." Cutting off each other's words; they had too much to say in too little time. "He's been in contact with George, Ethel's dad. They're trying to create a bridge for their businesses with this wedding." Bobby went on with his explanation, his hands gesturing as he spoke with a stressful head. "And you made no refusal whatsoever?" Evelyn sat in the hurt alone. Her fingertips grazing against the harsh texture of the roof tile. "What could I possibly say, Eve? My father is a dictator." Bobby's voice rang through the girl's ears, deafening her with his reckless words. The silent stares they exchanged only heightened the tension — Evelyn blinked and it ended.

"I can't believe you." Shaking her head like it was the worst thing anyone had ever done to her, Evelyn was ashamed of herself. "Eve, please— you know him! It's not even definite, a lot can happen in two years." Bobby gently reached for his lover's shoulder, he flinched when she turned with an indignant expression painting her exterior. "I can't believe you'd lie to me," Evelyn said begrudgingly. "What?" Bobby's eyebrows furrowed, he pushed his bright hair back. "You don't know how much I love you, do you? You take it all so lightly and carelessly." Evelyn's fingertips gradually turned rosy as she kept touching the roof tile, and soon started having little cuts resembling a paper cut on them.

"I'm marrying her for business, it's not personal. I promise." Bobby watched on guard as Evelyn attempted to stand up on the edge of the roof. "Oh-ho-ho, look at you. Your tongue has gotten more silver lately." The girl made her way to a more stable surface to stand on, coincidentally, right next to the man. Evelyn stared deeply into the eyes of the speechless man, they breathed unsteadily; practically gasping for air amid the impassioned conversation.

Bobby, out of the blue, in the heat of the moment, cupped Evelyn's face tightly in his hands. He slammed his lips against hers, tasting her pain and hurting. The girl had no resistance; she knew there was a chance that that would be their last kiss — at least for four more years. Their hands touching and caressing one another, their complexions covered by salty tears — it was, without equal, the best kind of imperfection.

"Hell, you didn't even tell me about your law school." Evelyn pulled away from the kiss, leaving the man begging and wanting more. She laughed at their foolishness, their idiotic way of saying goodbye. "I'm sorry, Evelyn. I didn't mention it because I figured you already knew. Since my father told everyone about it." There was a true sense of remorse in his voice, Bobby took his hands off the girl's face and replaced them on her shoulders. "You didn't think about talking to me? Not only about college, but about us?" Evelyn was flushed; her cheeks heated and red, eyes almost the same. Bobby emitted a sigh, turning away from the girl. "I just wanted to forget about it until the time comes." His thoughtless behavior hurt Evelyn egregiously. The girl was baffled; the grin on her face resembled a Cheshire cat.

"You might just be the most inconsiderate person in the world." Eyebrows wrinkling, Evelyn seemed much older than she was — maybe as old her mind. "I'm inconsiderate for wanting to live in the moment?" Bobby questioned sternly. "I'm already living in the future, Bobby. I think about us in the future all the time; I think about us walking down the aisle, having children, and you being the President, me the first lady, someday." It was a mouthful to speak, and somewhat laughable. If the world's a stage and Evelyn was an actress, the audience would say the script was poorly written. "And I want that. We'll have that. It'll just take a little longer than we expected." Bobby said, having intolerable amounts of confidence; enough to try the patience of a saint.

The silent stares only provoked their longing; electricity traveled throughout their bodies, causing their warm delicate lips to once again be greeted. Like ear-shattering thunderstorms, their souls came into collisions — wrecking any kinds of insecurities or perils. Heavenly shades of night were falling, and deepening shadows gather splendor as the day was done. The tenderness of the kiss left Evelyn with no choice but to resist and persist; her heart would open its gate again if it goes on any further.

"No." Evelyn cried out. Her simple utterance brings anything but simplicity to their situation. "No?" Bobby reluctantly probed. "No. You'll learn to love Ethel." The girl steadily nodded her head, implying she understood the condition better. "You'll care for her. You'll fall in love with your children she'd bear someday." She resumed. Evelyn's heart ached the most at that moment, but she knew she'd have to prepare a medkit during Bobby's wedding. "I only want you, Eve." The man had a desperate reassuring voice, touching the girl's hands and holding them right. "But you don't only love me. You love her enough to marry her. And for me? That's a whole lotta love." Defeated eyes and a strayed smile — a certain look that was treacherous to her feelings — appeared on Evelyn's visage. "Only you." Bobby shook his head as best one can.

"Funny how we're both leaving." Evelyn slipped her cold hands into the pockets of her burnt sienna pants. "I'm leaving for Harvard, you know?" She added. "Harvard? Eve, that's great." A wide grin acquired Bobby's face. "I'm leaving before you. Fall semester." Evelyn explained in such a nonchalant way. "It will save me the tears." She almost looked angry with her teary eyes accompanying the distorted expression. "Distance brings fondness." Bobby's relentless denial was working the woman's nerves. "The battleship is already sinking, Bobby, you think it can hold up until nineteen-fifty-two?" And let there be darkness — it surrounded them as the clock struck eight o'clock.

"Sorry it has to end like this, but I'm more sorry to myself for believing your words." Evelyn referred to their promise to love each other 'till their dying days. "You think I want this?!" Bobby strained his voice by roaring at the top of his lungs. For once it was the man who had teardrops glistening his cheeks. "You think I want to marry Ethel, the woman who only loves me for my status?!" He thought he went too far for shaking Evelyn's shoulders, but the smile she had didn't fade. "You forced her to love you, Bobby. That's your trademark, isn't it? Play your cards right, and a royal flush as the final move to put strings on us." Evelyn wiggled her fingers in a way a puppeteer would to his puppet.

Bobby glanced away. A frown on his face, but his eyes were cunning, as if his cover had been blown. "I don't know what Ted told you, but she was exploiting me, so why shouldn't I?" He endeavored a justification for his actions. "Then you're no better than she is." A prelude to a disaster was happening right there and then, her words tragically resonated with him. "Congratulations, you two make a great couple." Evelyn kept punching him where it hurts the most, his gentle heart. "I'll attend the wedding if you'll let me." The more she spoke, the more Bobby came to a realization that she was damaged beyond repair.

"Eve, look into your heart— my love for you is unquestionable, you know it too!" Bobby was sweating badly. In his head, he knew the chance to mend their special affair was long gone, but the heart will always tell you a lie to keep itself alive. "Bobby," Evelyn was willing to surrender, she placed her weapons on the ground with grace. Her dignity remained her priority, but so was Bobby's. "You can't force stars to align when they already died." A lovely face, a sweet smile from a honey dripping lips, Evelyn beamed. "Come on, you know that's not true." Bobby's charm no longer worked, it was dull and dry. "Oh, face it, Bobby. We have died." Words never hurt them both so much, it pierced through them in two different ways. Evelyn had said everything she wanted — perhaps more, so her next step was stepping back, she moved her foot forth and another one followed.

"Don't do this, Eve." But Bobby was relentless; he hurried after the girl, carefully treading on the roof. Evelyn's wrist slipped out of the loose grip her lover had on her. "Let's just let it go—" "Jesus, no!" "...let me let you go." In their eyes, they understood. But their souls were conjoined the moment Bobby lent his hand at Evelyn, asking her to join him playing volleyball thirteen years ago. "Learn to live with it, nincompoop." Evelyn was stabbing at her heart with an imaginary knife, but it seemed like Bobby was volunteering himself to take the unimaginable suffering.

"Don't forget my name when you're writing the invitations. I want to see my very best friend walking down the aisle." Evelyn didn't mean any single word she had just said, it was beautifully and convincingly spoken that Bobby had felt a little sting in his eyes. He watched as the girl trusted her own judgment to leave him behind.

However, she halted, and a glimpse of hope rose within the man's wounded self. "Changed your mind?" Bobby slightly smirked, his heart racing like a sportscar when Evelyn turned around with eyes gleaming like diamonds under the moonlight. "I forgot to tell you— Jean said it's dinner time." They traded their facial expressions; a smile on Evelyn's and an empty, pitiful one on Bobby's.

꧂꧂꧂꧂꧂꧂꧂꧂꧂꧂꧂꧂꧂꧂

P.S: Hi, folks. I apologized for yet another late update; I'm on a Christmas vacation and however going home tomorrow. Can't wait to update more soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.7K 1.3K 31
amยทbivยทaยทlence /amหˆbivษ™lษ™ns/ noun the state of having mixed feelings or contradictory ideas about something or someone. It all started with Elliot's...
23.5K 1.3K 66
[Book 2] You can't escape the mafia. Stella's world has fallen apart more than once. Even so, she tries to hold on to the shattered pieces of her hu...
2.4M 90.9K 45
KELLY & STEPHEN Kelly Jane had a huge crush on Stephen ever since the moment she laid eyes on him. Even though he has a bad reputation when it comes...
12.1K 396 55
โ™ก BODYGUARD AND PRINCESS ROMANCE โ™ก I dropped my arms to my side, as he placed the one back onto the side of my head, while the other gripped at my w...