DELICATE | ginny weasley

By -estesfolklore

"is it cool that i said all that? is it chill that you're in my head? 'cause i know that it's d e l i c... More

DELICATE
o. the death of cedric diggory
act one: the troubles of aoife finnigan
i. the cherry on top
ii. fix-ups and fluffnuggets
iii. aoife loves madonna!
iv. quidditch and the quibbler
v. busted
vi. heights and flights
vii. truth or dare
vii. the aftermath
ix. the astronomy tower and arden montgomery
act two: better or worse
i. the girl with the blue hair
ii. kisses and good company
iii. the new girl

x. the hospital wing

1.2K 99 118
By -estesfolklore

"WHERE THE FUCK IS LUNA?" Edelyn said, running a hand through her hair. "I haven't seen her for hours."

"I don't know," Kiara said. "She'll probably be in the forbidden forest or something... yeah that's it."

"She wouldn't be there at this time, it's nearly pitch black," Aoife said. She glanced out of the window, chewing the inside of her cheek. "It's nearly curfew."

"Well where would she be?" Kiara said. "If she's not in the forest, she could be at the library? Or maybe she's with Ginny and that."

"Maybe," Aoife said vaguely. "I'm going to check the library."

"I'll come—"

"No, it's okay," Aoife said quickly, fingering the cigarette packet in her pocket. "You check she's not with Andrew, or wandering about somewhere."

"Okay," Edelyn nodded. "Don't get caught after curfew Aoif, you don't need another detention."

"I'll be careful," Aoife promised. "Don't get caught either."

"Duh, course not," Edelyn grinned. Aoife slipped out of the dormitory and then out of the common room, walking briskly towards the library. It was deserted, only one table occupied in the whole room.

"The library is about to close," Madam Pince said snippily.

"Sorry, I was just looking for somebody," Aoife mumbled.

"Aoif?" Aoife whirled round at the sound of Seamus' voice, Dean hovering a few inches behind him. "What're you doing out this late?"

"Could ask you the same," Aoife said.

"We were returning some books," Seamus said, dumping a pile of books onto Madam Pince's desk. "We don't need them anymore, O.W.Ls are done."

"And thank fuck for that," Dean muttered.

"Come on, we'll walk you back," Seamus said. Aoife rolled her eyes.

"I'm not five Shay, I can make it back to the common room myself," she said.

"Well I want to make sure you actually go back to the common room and not to the bloody astronomy tower," Seamus said. Aoife's cheeks tinged pink and she looked away from her brother.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she said hotly.

"Christ Aoif, I'm not stupid," Seamus said. "Elena said she's seen you up there, on more than one occasion. After curfew."

"Well what was she doing up there after curfew then?" Aoife huffed. "I don't see you escorting her back to her common room."

"She isn't my sister now is she?" Seamus said, ruffling her hair. Aoife scowled.

"Fine, let's go," she huffed. "You smell."

"Why are you down here so late then?" Seamus asked, as they started to walk towards Ravenclaw tower.

"I was looking for Luna," Aoife said. "You haven't seen her, have you?"

"Nope," Seamus said. "Haven't seen a lot of people actually. Harry fainted in the History of Magic exam and I haven't seen him since. Haven't seen Ron, Hermione, Elena, Dani or Nev in a few hours either."

"Ginny's missing too," Dean added. Aoife frowned.

"Maybe they're all together..."

"Well, I doubt they're at a rager," Seamus said. "That's not really their style, which makes me a little worried."

"Maybe a bit more than a little," Aoife murmured.

"They'll turn up," Dean said. "And it is the end of term, Harry always has a scandal at the end of term."

"Hardly a scandal," Aoife snorted. "An incident, maybe, and Luna isn't normally involved."

"She's more friendly with us, these days," Seamus said. "Gryffindors, I mean."

"Mmm," Aoife hummed. "You know what, I much preferred it when we weren't so involved in you Gryffindor's mess."

"You haven't been that involved recently," Seamus said, glancing sideways at Aoife. "Any particular reason?"

"No," Aoife said. "Fell out with Ginny, that's all."

"What happened?"

"Nothing," Aoife said.

"But you just said—"

"Sorry, what I meant to say was none of your fucking business," Aoife said. Seamus raised his eyebrows.

"Alrighty," he said. "No need to get all touchy about it." Aoife elbowed him harshly in the ribs and he grinned.

"She seems lonelier without you," Dean remarked. Aoife stiffened, feeling her cheeks heat up. "Maybe you should make up."

"She can blooming well make up with me," Aoife said, folding her arms. "She was the one who--" She clamped her mouth closed, looking away.

"Who what?"

"Who said she was sick of me!" Aoife said.

"Well maybe she was just upset and said something she didn't mean," Dean suggested. "I'm sure she didn't mean it."

"I'm not," Seamus teased. "You're incredibly annoying."

"Oh fuck off," Aoife said, shoving him. "We're here now, can you leave me alone?"

"Never Aoif," Seamus said. "See ya though, we'd better get back."

"Bye," Aoife said. Seamus and Dean didn't move. "What are you waiting for?"

"I'm not thick Aoif—"

"That's debatable," Aoife muttered.

"If we leave now, you'll just sneak off to the astronomy tower, but if you go inside Edelyn will get you and make sure you don't," Seamus said.

"What's the issue with the astronomy tower?" Aoife folded her arms.

"It's not the place," Dean said quietly.

"It's who you're with," Seamus said.

"What's wrong with Arden?" Aoife demanded.

"What isn't?" Seamus whispered under his breath.

"Well," Dean began awkwardly.

"Her dad's a death eater, who's recently escaped from the most secure prison in the wizarding world," Seamus said. "She's dodgy Aoif, and don't think I haven't noticed the fact you smoke now."

"No I don't," Aoife said, a little too quickly.

"Yes, you do," Seamus sighed. "What do you think Mam would say?"

"Shite," Aoife said. "Leave it Seamus, it's none of your business who I hang out with."

"It bloody well is," Seamus said. "She's bad news Aoif."

"No she isn't," Aoife protested. "She's never done anything to you, so what's your fucking problem with her?"

"She's bad news," Seamus repeated. "She's a bad influence on you — you're breaking the rules, never out of detention and you're smoking."

"I'm never out of detention because Umbridge hates me," Aoife snapped. "You've had your fair share."

"I'm just looking out for you Aoife," Seamus said earnestly. "I don't want to see you get hurt."

"I'm fine Seamus," Aoife said. "I can look after myself."

"Please, just, be careful," Seamus said.

"I will," Aoife said. She turned to the door.

"Lighter than what I am made of, More of me is hidden Than is seen. What am I?"

"Not a scooby," Dean muttered to Seamus. Seamus laughed.

"An iceberg," Aoife answered easily. "Goodnight Shay." She gave her brother a hug. "Night Dean."

"Night Aoife," they chorused. Aoife entered the nearly empty common room, a small sigh escaping her lips as she climbed the stairs. She hoped that Kiara and Edelyn had managed to find Luna, because it was really late now.

"Did you find her?" Kiara asked as soon as Aoife stepped foot in the dormitory.

"I was going to ask you the same," Aoife said, her eyes wide. Kiara's shoulders slumped and she collapsed onto the bed.

"We checked everywhere we could think of," Edelyn said. "She's nowhere."

"She'll turn up," Aoife said, though she didn't sound sure. "In the morning, she'll turn up."

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

"WHY ARE YOU ALL LOOKING at me funny?" Aoife asked, narrowing her eyes at her friends as she sat down at breakfast. Edelyn and Kiara exchanged a quick glance, Kiara biting her lip. "Oh spit it out would you?"

"Ginny's in the hospital wing," Andrew said bluntly. Aoife froze momentarily, before reaching for a slice of toast.

"Okay," she shrugged. "What are we doing today then? Now exams are over and done with."

Their exams had gone by without a hitch, which couldn't be said for the fifth years O.W.Ls. During their Astronomy exam, Professor McGonagall had been hit by four stunning spells and was now in St Mungos. The atmosphere around Hogwarts had taken a dark hit, Umbridge's tight grip on authority becoming even tighter. Aoife glanced up at the staff table absent mindedly, eyebrows furrowing as she noticed that the gold chair that usually held Umbridge was deserted.

"Harley said that someone saw her being taken to the hospital wing," Edelyn said. Aoife snorted.

"What goes around comes around, I suppose," she mumbled. "Bitch." She paused for a moment, buttering her toast. "Did anyone find Luna?"

"She's in the hospital wing too," Kiara said. "Professor Flitwick told me."

"Is she alright?" Aoife said, eyebrows furrowing with concern.

"Yeah, he said she'd be fine," Kiara said. "Said we could go see her after breakfast."

"Well then let's go," Aoife said, jumping to her feet. She hastily shoved the remainder of her toast into her mouth and hurried out of the great hall.

"Aoife, slow down," Kiara panted. "Bloody hell."

Aoife did not lessen her pace, practically running through the halls toward the hospital wing. She flung the doors open, breathing heavily. Luna was sitting up in bed, braiding her hair. She brightened as she saw Aoife, giving her a small wave.

"Jeez Aoif, wait up next time would you?" Edelyn said though laboured breaths. Aoife ignored her.

"Hey Lu, you alright?" she said, taking a seat next to Luna's bed.

"Oh yes I'm fine," Luna said. "No lasting damage."

"What er— what happened?" Aoife said.

"I'm not sure I'm allowed to say," Luna frowned.

"Aoif, I was going to show you the paper before we barged in here," Andrew hissed, shoving the daily prophet into her hands.

LORD VOLDEMORT RETURNS....
SIRIUS BLACK: THE FALSEY ACCUSED....
CORNELIUS FUDGE, RESIGNING?...

Aoife stared at the headlines, hastily opening the paper and burying her nose in it.

"Is everyone alright then?" Edelyn said. "I assume you weren't alone."

"I think everyone's okay," Luna said slowly. "Physically anyways."

"Sirius Black was killed last night," Aoife said, looking up from the papers. "He was innocent the whole time, and Bellatrix Lestrange killed him." She closed the paper with a snap, throwing it down on the floor. "The ministry fucking suck."

"You can say that again." Aoife nearly screamed as she heard Ginny's voice behind her. She was leaning onto the bedframe heavily for support, her ankle bandaged up. Kiara placed her hand on top of Aoife's protectively.

"Edelyn, did you get the quibbler this morning?" Luna asked, breaking the tense silence that had fallen upon the group.

"Hi," Ginny said breathlessly, looking directly at Aoife. "Can we— can we talk?"

"Um..." Aoife hesitated. Kiara gave her hand a reassuring squeeze. "Yeah, okay." Ginny nodded and started to hobble over to her bed at the other side of the hospital wing. There were several beds with the curtains tightly drawn around them, which Aoife assumed held the other attendees to the ministry. Ginny stumbled slightly and Aoife caught her, offering her her arm.

"Thanks," Ginny muttered, cheeks red. "Sorry, it's just, my ankle."

"It's okay," Aoife shrugged, helping her into bed and taking a seat beside it. They looked at each other for a minute, before Ginny swallowed thickly.

"I'm sorry Aoife," she said sincerely. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean anything I said. I— I was embarrassed, I guess, and I shouldn't have said it. Any of it. I'm so sorry." Her eyes shone with sincerity, and Aoife nearly melted there and then. "I obviously don't expect you to forgive me or anything, but I'll prove to you I'm sorry. It was so shitty of me and—"

"It's okay," Aoife cut off her nervous ramble. "It's okay, it's fine, I'm over it."

"Can— can we be friends again? Please?" Ginny sounded so vulnerable that Aoife just wanted to hug her.

"Of course we can silly," Aoife said. "It's okay, honestly."

"I'm still so sorry," Ginny said.

"Are you okay though? About what happened?" Aoife asked gently.

"I'll be okay," Ginny said. "My ankle's healed, it's just tender."

"I don't mean physically Ginny," Aoife said. "I read about what happened to Sirius Black."

"Oh, right," Ginny said, her eyes clouding over. "I'll be okay about that too, I just need a bit of time for it. He was a good guy, funniest ever, and I am sad about it."

Aoife hesitated, before slowly wrapping her arms around the redhead. Ginny stiffened momentarily before relaxing into Aoife's soft touch. She buried her face in Aoife's shoulder, a few tears leaking from her eyes. Aoife held her as she cried, pretending not to realise that Ginny Weasley had dared to shed a tear.

Because Ginny Weasley was tough, she didn't cry, she never cried, and if she did, no one ever saw her.

Ginny felt safe in Aoife's arms, the smell of vanilla lingering in her nostrils as she inhaled Aoife's perfume. Aoife was just an automatic comfort to her, she couldn't explain it, and the past however long without her, watching her go about with Arden fucking Montgomery, had been hell.

"Sorry," Ginny sniffled. "I've got tears on your jumper." Aoife laughed, a gorgeous sound that sent wonderful chills down Ginny's spine.

"As long as there's no snot, we're good," Aoife said. Ginny laughed in spite of herself, dabbing at her eyes with her sleeve.

Aoife watched her carefully, taking in every beautiful detail of her face. Maybe it was silly to forgive her so easily, but she didn't care. She had missed Ginny, she had missed her a hell of a lot, and even being next to her made Aoife happier.

Fuck, she had it bad for Ginevra Weasley.

"Ginny, hey," Dean said, materialising out of nowhere. Ginny blinked away the remainder of any tears, smiling.

"Hey Dean," she said. Aoife shifted away from the bed slightly, looking between the two of them.

"Are you okay?" Dean asked. "I was so worried and—"

"I'm fine," Ginny said, taking his hand. "I'm okay, I am."

"Good," Dean smiled. "Good." Ginny gently pulled him down towards her and he pressed a soft kiss to her lips.

Aoife felt her stomach lurch. What on gods green earth was going on here? Ginny and Dean? Dean? She felt like she might spew, looking away from the couple before she projectile vomited all over them. It was a horrific feeling, worse than it had been then when Ginny was with Michael.

Shit, she really did have it bad... but could you blame her?

⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚: *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

note:
end of act one xxxxxxx
UMMM I MADE A GIF FOR THIS BUT THE FILE SIZE IS TOO BIG SO JUST IMAGINE THERES ONE
p.s. if anyone knows how to reduce the file size lmk xxxxxxxxx
ugh gaoife own me ok that's all bye

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 8K 63
Anna Green's life was going just fine before he came along. Her friendship with the golden trio and Ginny Weasley was family-like. She loved having f...
1.3K 4 20
Ginny Weasley is in her final year of Hogwarts with her boyfriend Harry Potter, Best friend Hermione Granger and Her brother Ron Weasley. Ginny is a...
6.7K 413 98
Eleanor is a muggle. Or that is what she thought. At age 15, she learns that there might be more to her, that she might be a witch. She is then sent...
13.8K 325 9
(If you see that there aren't as many chapters as you'd hoped, don't worry, each chapter is roughly about 1000-3000 words each. Enjoy!) This quartet...