The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

Por yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... Mais

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 18

1.5K 51 16
Por yourneighbourhoodcow

Sorry for the late update. Took kinda long to write this chapter. Hope you like it!

Make sure to vote and comment!

_______________________________________________________________________________

(Ethan's Point of View)

"Okay you two lovebirds wake up now! You're gonna be late for school!" I hear my mom say.

I feel Amelia roll on top of me and groan. "Five more minutes." I mumble as I pull Amelia closer to me.

"No you're gonna be late." My mom says as she opens the curtains.

The sunlight enters the room and I squint my eyes to get used to the lighting. "Mom what the hell!" I say as I look at her.

"Now get up and wake your girlfriend up." She says and leaves the room.

I sigh as I look at the sleeping beauty on top of me. She looks so peaceful sleeping that I don't want to wake her up.

After 10 minutes of staring at her like a creep, I finally decided to wake her up. "Baby, you gotta wake up. We have school." I say as I rub her back.

I know how much she loves it when I rub her back, plus it somehow helps wake her up.

"I don't wanna wake up." She whines. "Trust me I would rather stay in bed and cuddle with you all day, but we have to go to school." I say.

I hear her groan as she sits on my stomach and rubs her eyes adorably. "Good morning." I smile once I see her open her beautiful eyes completely. "Morning." She yawns as she gets off me.

I get up after her and am about to kiss her when she turns her head, making me kiss her on the cheek. "Why?" I whine like a kid. "Morning breath." She says as she leaves my room.

As if I would care, I just wanted my morning kiss.

God, what is this girl doing to me?

After getting ready I make my way down for breakfast. I enter the kitchen and see Amelia sitting on the counter seat wearing my pink sweatshirt (hey even though it's pink, it's comfy and one of my favourite sweatshirts.) and a pair of skinny jeans with a pair of vans on.

The sweatshirt looks huge on her, but she looks comfy. Plus, Amelia loves oversized things.

I go and wrap my hands around her from behind. "So where did you get that sweatshirt from?" I whisper in her ear. "Oh you know from my boyfriend's closet." She replies as she takes another bite from her apple.

The sweatshirts sleeve goes a bit up and reveals her charm bracelet, the one her grandma gave her. It's surprising how she wears it everyday, I have never seen her remove it.

"I must say, your boyfriend has a good taste in clothes." I play along. "Nah." She shrugs. "What do you mean 'nah'?" I question, faking hurt in my tone.

"Kids stop flirting around and eat breakfast!" My grandma says before Amelia could say anything.

I see Amelia blush red and I couldn't help but kiss her red cheeks. I then take my seat next to Amelia and intertwine our fingers and placed it on my lap.

"Here is your breakfast Ethan." Grandma says as she places a plate in front of me. I was about to take a bite of it when I notice Amelia doesn't have any breakfast in front of her.

"Where is your breakfast baby?" I ask her as I furrow my eyebrows. "Not hungry." She shrugs as she takes a small bite from her apple. "Okay, no you are having breakfast." I say as I put my fork in front of her mouth.

"No, I am not hungry." She whines as she pushes my hand away. "Amelia." I say in a threatening tone. "Ethan." She says in the same tone. "Fine, but you're gonna eat properly during lunch okay?" I say with a raised eyebrow.

She gives me a small nod before jumping off her chair and throwing the last bit of apple in the dustbin and then she exits the kitchen probably to go get her bag so that we can leave.

I complete eating breakfast and drink some water before slinging my bag onto my shoulder. "Bye grandma." I say as I kiss her cheek. "Bye and take care of Amelia will you?" She asks. "You don't have to ask twice." I smile.

~~~

"Amelia!" I honk the car again. I have been waiting for 10 whole minutes for Amelia to get down so that we can start to leave for school. But someone forgot their history assignment back in their room.

"Coming." She called back as she ran down the front porch and towards the car. "Sorry." She mumbled as she got in. "It's no problem! Now we go to school and I get to flaunt my girlfriend!" I grinned.

"Oh hell no! I never agreed to that!" She says with wide eyes. "You don't get a say in this. We are going to be those sappy couples who kiss in the hallway and cant get their hands off each other." I smirk.

This was practically the only reason why I was going to school today, so that I could tell everyone she is mine and only mine (yeah I figured I have issues) or I would have somehow convinced Amelia to stay in bed with me and cuddle.

"No we are." Amelia objected. "We'll see about that." I grin as I interlace our fingers and put them on my lap.

I start the car and zoom out of the driveway, making my way to school.

The entire car ride went with me kissing Amelia's knuckles at random times or saying 'I love you.' or Amelia singing with whatever song was playing on the radio.

"Here we are." I smile at her as I park in my usual spot. "Do you really want to tell everyone we are dating now? Don't you want to wait or something?" Amelia asks nervously. "Baby it's going to be okay." I assure her.

I knew how much Amelia hated attention, when we used to be goofballs in the hallways, many people would look at us with judgy looks and Amelia always got insecure.

Seeing that she is still nervous I sigh and pat my lap. "Come here." I say. She climbs onto my lap and I position her so that she is straddling me. I put my hand on her cheek and caress it. "Look baby, if anyone and I mean anyone says anything bad you call me and I punch the life out of them. Okay?" I ask as my eyes soften just by having her this close to me. She gives me a small nod and I smile.

I lean in and kiss her, my one hand on her cheek while the other around her waist. I move my lips against hers and she responds immediately, her hands going around my neck. We continue to kiss until Amelia pulls away panting. "I love you." She says softly. "I love you too." I smile and peck her lips.

I will never get used to Amelia saying 'I love you' to me. My heart just beats furiously just by her saying those words.

"Lets go." I say as I open my door. Amelia struggles off my lap and jumps out. I get out of the same door and I see people giving us looks. They were not able to see us kiss in the car as my glasses are tinted so they are yet to find out what is going on.

I open the backseat and take mine and Amelia's bags out. Amelia tries to take her bag from me but I just put it up higher causing her to pout and I can't help but kiss her pout, which causes a few people to be shocked and gasp while the others are looking at us with the 'We knew this would happen' look.

I took Amelia's hand and intertwined our fingers as I made my way through the parking lot.

The moment we entered the hallways I knew everybody was staring at us and whispering stuff, but I couldn't care less. I notice that Amelia is walking slow so I turn back and look at her. Her head is down and it's obvious she is uncomfortable.

I pull her closer to me until we are chest to chest and put my finger under her chin and make her look up at me. I seriously don't care if we are in the middle of a hallway, I don't want her to feel insecure.

When her eyes meet mine I give her a reassuring smile. "Look, everything will be okay. Don't listen to them baby." I say and peck her forehead and then lips. "Now let's go to our lockers and get our books?" I ask, hoping to make her feel a bit better.

"Yeah." She nods.

I walked through people and was able to catch what a few of them were saying.

"I guess she is his new slut of the week."

"Oh come on he can do so much better than that nerd."

"I mean I was even shocked when they were best friends! Now they are a couple! I am telling you they won't last."

"Once he gets what he wants from her, he will leave her."

"Oh so now you turned her to a whore and slut too?"

I didn't care what people thought of our relationship, because they knew nothing about me or Amelia, but it was still pissing me off that they are thinking such shitty things about Amelia. I chose to ignore it. I will just deal with these fuckers later, right now I need to stay with Amelia. But the last one made my blood boil. Not because of what they said because of who said that.

I turn back around and see Lucas standing there with a smirk on his face. "What did you say?" I ask through gritted teeth.

I was already pissed off and he just decided to add more to it. "Oh you heard clearly what I just said." He says.

I was about to give him a piece of my mind or punch him when I felt a tug on my hand. I look down and see Amelia looking at me. The moment I look at her my eyes soften. "Let's go." She whispers.

I nod and was about to turn when Lucas decides to say something else. "She must be great in bed if you listen to her. When you're done with her give me a call, I would like to see myself." I know he doesn't mean such things, he respects women and that's one thing I like about him. I know he is just saying all of this to make my blood boil, and it's working.

I look at Amelia and see she has small tears in the corner of her eyes.

Talking shitty things about her is one thing, but making her cry is just a whole 'nother.

The moment the tear slides down her cheek all I see is red. How dare he make her cry?

I remove my hand from Amelia's and hold Lucas by his collar. "Shut up! Shut the fuck up! I don't know what I did to make you hate me so much. Yes, I lied to you, get over it! I did it for your own good!" I hiss as I tighten my hold on his collar. I feel Amelia pull on my arm trying to get me to stop but I gently push her back.

"My own good? Oh really! How was it for my own good?! Huh? You did it cause you are a fucking liar. I bet my dad was bribing you to keep your mouth shut and you did! You out of all the people lied to me!" Lucas says as he grips on my hand and pulls it off his collar.

"You looked up to that man so fucking much! What was I supposed to do? I didn't want to see you broken, I didn't want to ruin the image you held for your dad!" I say as I punch him.

"I didn't care! You still think this is about him? It's not Ethan, it's about you! You of all the people I trusted the most lied to me like my stupid excuse of a family did!" He says as he throws a punch back.

Wait what? His family.

"Your family?" I ask, confused.

"Yes my family. My mom, my grandma, my grandpa, hell even my brother! They all knew and they were fine with it. All of you lied to me in my face! My mom was fine with my dad cheating on her because she was getting money. She said she needed it for me and my brother." He says with a bitter chuckle.

"I-I didn't know that." I say as I put my fist down. "Of course you didn't. You don't know many things Ethan." He sneers as he punches me on my jaw, making me stumble back.

"You want to know another thing? The woman my dad cheated on with was Amelia's mother. Crazy right?" He says as he looks behind me, towards Amelia.

I hear Amelia gasp from behind me.

"Leave her fucking out of this. She is nothing like her mother." I sneer. "Oh so you knew about this?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I had seen the woman the day I caught your dad cheating. I didn't know it was Amelia's mom. Lucas look you may be mad and you have the full rights to be, but don't you dare drag Amelia into this. She has done nothing. Let's keep this between the two of us okay?" I say trying to calm him down.

I didn't want Amelia to get caught up with this. She had been through a lot and didn't need anymore drama.

"I see you're madly in love huh? Well guess what love is a bitch! You know how it feels like having the girl you're madly in love with having a stupid crush on your enemy?" He says as he punches me again and this time in the nose, and a lot more hard. I am pretty sure I have blood all over my face.

"What are you talking about?" I ask. "Nicole. She likes you. I try to do everything for her so that she at least looks at me the way she swoons over you. You get everything! The perfect family! The perfect friends! Everything!" He says with a bitter chuckle in the end.

"Look Lucas, I didn't know about this-" I was cut off by a teacher. "What is happening here?" The teacher says.

Before any of us could respond he speaks again. "All of you go to class, shows over. Mr. Turner and Mr. Murphy, I would like you to go to the principal office, now." He says as he points towards the hallway that leads to the principal's office.

I was about to walk there when the teacher stopped me by holding my arm. "Ms. Watson, can you do me a favour and take Mr. Turner to the infirmary?" He asks Amelia. "Sure." She says with a small nod.

I walk towards Amelia and take her hand before walking towards the infirmary.

"Are you okay?" I ask her once we are far away from the teacher. "You're asking me that? You're the one who has a broken nose." She says as she looks up at me.

I know she is mad at me for fighting. She told me how she doesn't like anyone fighting.

"Look, I am sorry I shouldn't have... started the fight. But he made you cry! I couldn't just let him off the hook. He shouldn't have dragged you in, if he has a problem with me." I tell her as we take a turn.

"It's technically my fault. I mean his dad did cheat on his mom with my mom. I swear Ethan I didn't know anything about this. If I knew my mom was the woman I would have told you. I didn't even know my mom was doing such things... especially to married men. I am sorry" I hear her say.

I stop the moment she says that. She is seriously blaming herself for this? God, she is so pure and innocent, this has nothing to do with her.

"Baby. I know you didn't know about this and you have nothing to be sorry about. What happened wasn't your fault, neither was it mine. It was the cheating bastards fault. Don't blame yourself okay? I know you're nothing like your mom." I say as I face her. I wrap my arms around her and comfort her.

"How can you say that? You don't even know my mother." She mumbles. "Maybe I don't know her, but I know you. And I know you would never do such things okay? I trust you with everything in me." I tell her as I pull away and peck her on the lips.

"Now let's go to the infirmary hmm?" I say as I start walking. "You know you should try to patch things up with Lucas. You can't just fight with him all the time. Maybe both of you should talk things out without fighting. It may help." She suggests.

I know that I should talk things out. But me and Lucas can never be in the same room without fighting. One of us would lose it and end up punching each other.

"I know. It's just that we can't be in the same room without fighting." I sigh. "Well you will never know, if you never try." She says and I see her look up at me from the corner of my eyes. "Okay, I will try. But only because you asked me to." I say as I open the door to the infirmary.

"Oh my god. Ethan you got into another fight with Lucas didn't you?" The nurse, Mrs.Miller, who i know way too well from all my visits asks. "Yes I did." I say as I take a seat on the bed.

"Oh and who might this angel be?" Mrs.Miller asks as she smiles at Amelia. I see Amelia blush and a smile takes over my face. "That is Amelia, my girlfriend." I say proudly. "Finally after all these years you find yourself a girlfriend!" Mrs.Miller exclaims as she gets cotton to wipe all the blood off my face.

"Ethan, you really need to stop getting into fights. You know this can affect your college life?" Mrs.Miller says as she starts wiping my face.

I know. She keeps telling me how bad it would look on my college application and shit. "I know." I mumble.

"So how did you and Amelia meet each other?" She says changing the topic.

Should I tell her how I really met her or...?

"Oh you know I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine and somehow the idiot fell in love with me." Amelia says before I can say anything. "Your idiot." I correct her with a grin.

"You guys are so cheesy." Mrs.Miller laughs. "Well you're all set. Now off you go to the principal's office." She says as she disposals the cotton.

"Bye Mrs.Miller." I say as I take Amelia's hand. "I will drop you to class and then I will go to the principal's office." I say as I walk towards her history class.

I had most of her schedule by-hearted, call me a creep, I don't care.

"You don't have to. I can go there myself." She says. "I know. But I want to. And if you think I will be able to sit calmly in the principal's office without knowing you're safely sitting in class then you're wrong." I say as I stop in front of her classroom door. "I will see you in Bio class okay?" I say as I lean in and peck her on the lips. "Bye." She smiles and waves at me.

I walk my way to the principal's office and open the door. "Uh I am here to see Mr.Davidson?" I say to the women behind the desk. "You sure are Ethan. Go on in. Lucas is already inside." She says without even looking up from the laptop.

Lets just say it's not my first time here.

I sigh and make my way into the office. "Ah Ethan pleasure to see you again. Please sit down." Mr.Davidson says as he gives me a sarcastic smile.

"So... what's my punishment this time?" I ask as I take a seat next to Lucas. "I am suspending you from one of your games." He says as if it's no big deal. "WHAT?!" I yell as I stand up.

"It's only fair. Look I am tired of all these fights you and Lucas have. I know you kids have personal issues but you can't just fight it out. Try to talk it out." He explains.

"Look sir. With all due respect, I can't accept this punishment. The game next week is important. I have to play, the team needs me. There will be college scouts. Sir, the game will help me in my future. I swear I will never punch or fight again on school premises. Just please don't suspend me from the game." I plead.

"Look, I know it's an important game. But I can't let you off the hook easily this time." He sighs. "Why aren't you punishing Lucas?" I say, getting impatient. "I have. He has a week of detention." He says. Detention? Just detention?

"Sir this is not fair. You are suspending me from a game and just giving him detention for a week?!" I say raising my voice. "You were the one who started the fight." He shrugs. "Do you know why I started the fight?" I ask.

Mr. Davidson hestaties for a moment before shaking his head 'no'. "Well, Lucas right here called a girl a slut and whore and insulted her. It resulted in the girl crying, that's why I punched him." I say as calmly as possible. "What?" His eyes become wide as he looks at Lucas.

"Sir-" He cuts off Lucas. "These kinds of insults will not be taken in my school. If I hear you doing anything like this again. You will be expelled and as for your punishment. You have a week of detention and are suspended from your game tonight." He says in a warning tone. "As for you Ethan- he turns and faces me- You will still be suspended from your game." He says with a pointed look.

My jaw falls down. "Look please. My team needs me. You can suspend me for another game just not the one next week." I plead.

He looks at me before sighing. "Fine. Now both of you can leave." He says. "Thank you." Both me and Lucas mumble before walking out.

"This is all your fault." Lucas says once we are outside. "How the hell is it my fault? You were the only who insulted her and made her cry." I hissed. "You punched me." He sneers. "Look Lucas, I am really not in the mood to deal with this now. So please shut the fuck up and leave me alone." I say as I walk out.

I walk and go to my next class while trying to calm my mind down from burstings someone's locker. I was in a bad mood and trust me no one in their right senses would want to mess with me right now.

(Amelia's Point of View)

Finally the bell rings and I walk out of my History class.

I am gonna admit, I was mad at Ethan for fighting with Lucas. He knows that I hate it when he fights.

But I was also surprised with what I heard today.

I still can't believe my mom did something like that. I mean she helped a married man cheat? Why would she do that?

Did she know he was married?

God, I don't even know.

It scared me when I figured out the woman was her. What if I am like my mom? I don't want to become like her.

Because of the fight today I couldn't go to my locker and get my books. So I ended up with no books in class.

The teacher was mad and I ended up sharing a textbook with a guy in my class. I guess his name was Aiden?

I walk to my locker and open the door. I take my bio textbook and notebook out for the next class.

Just when I am about to close the door, I feel two warm arms wrap around my waist. "Hi baby." He says as he puts his head on my shoulder.

"It's weird how your mood changes so fast. Two seconds ago you were swearing at me and Andrew and now you're all sweet and lovey. Bipolar much?" Chase says from somewhere behind Ethan.

I turn around making Ethan's head drop from my shoulder, which causes him to groan. "What's with the foul mood?" I ask.

"Davidson suspended me from one of the games." He says as he snuggles his face into the crook of my neck. "Oh shit. Is it the game next week? I swear if it is Ethan I am strangling you to death! You know how important that game is!" Andrew yells.

"Don't worry he was going to. But I talked him out of it." He says as he starts placing soft kisses on my neck.

"Why is the game so important?" I ask. "Oh college scouts are coming. So my future kinda depends on that game. Who knows maybe if we win the game I might get some scholarships, not that I don't have any. I have a few good college scholarships, but more can't hurt right?" He says as he continues to place kisses on my neck.

Oh wow. Collage. That was something me and Ethan havent talked about yet. Will we do a long distance relationship then? Do long distance relationships even work?

Graduation was around 5 or 6 months away. Will we still be dating then? I mean I hope, but you never know.

I got to stop overthinking! We have barely been dating for a week and here I am thinking about such stuff.

"Hello?" Ethan's voice broke me out of my thoughts. "Uh yeah?" I ask as I look at him. "You were lost." He says as he looks at me with concern written all over his face. "Don't worry. It wasn't a flashback or anything." I smile to assure him.

"Okay." He says as he kisses my forehead. "Okay lovebirds, now that you have realised our presence, let's go for class." Andrew says. "Eh we have 5 more minutes before the warning bell rings." Ethan says before I can say anything.

"Maybe we can be early." I say as I try to get out of his grip. "Or we could kiss?" He says with a suggestive look. "Yeah. No." I say immediately. "Oh come on." He scowls. "There are people here." I whisper. "Like that has ever stopped me." He scoffs.

It's true, if it were up to him, he would make out anywhere without a care in the world.

Before I could say anything else, his lips claimed mine. The moment his lips touch mine all my thoughts vanish. It seems like we are in our own bubble where no one else matters.

His lips move passionately against mine as if telling me his emotions through the kiss. My hands go up his chest and I try my best to match his pace.

"Uh guys...?" I hear Andrew say from behind us. "What?" Ethan says against my lips and continues to kiss me. "The bell just rang." He says.

Wait, what? It did? Guess we were too busy with something else...

Ethan groans and pecks me one more time before pulling away. "Every single time." He sighs and I giggle even though I am as red as a tomato.

"Let's go." Ethan says as he takes my hand and intertwines our hands before walking, more like dragging me to bio class.

The rest of the day went by with Ethan annoying me in every single class we had together and him kissing me whenever he had the chance too. Andrew and Chase making fake gagging noises whenever they caught us kissing and Madison smacking them both behind their heads for ruining our moments. 

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

Heal Me Por Hafsa

Ficção Adolescente

16.3K 621 22
“After my 16th birthday I have been repeatedly told that my Mum and Dad were very wicked people. They would beat me and even lock me in a room withou...
426K 10.6K 78
I feel his dirty hands touch me once more and move up higher to my thighs. I try to jerk them away but he locks my arms in his hand above my head as...
226K 7.7K 36
Amelia Anderson (16 years old). Let me tell you something about her. You know that popular people that always look attractive, throw amazing parties...
1.2M 25.4K 99
Lia I'm a sucker for romance, especially romance in novels because let's be honest, love like that doesn't exist in reality. Yet, he makes me feel a...