We'll do this together

By Leonstage964

It all started at UA, the best hero school of Japan, and in most cases, in the world. Our protagonist, along... More

Chapter 1 : Meeting under unfortunate circumstances
Chapter 2: This is just the beginning
Chapter 4: I'll protect you
Chapter 5: Blood Stains
Chapter 6: Forgive me
Chapter 7: Feels like a dream
Chapter 8: The protégé surpasses the mentor
Chapter 9: Dinner
Chapter 10: Questions and Answers
Chapter 11: Long time no see
Chapter 12: Unwelcomed guests
Chapter 13: Nyctophobia
Chapter 14: His own flesh and blood
Chapter 15: Recovery
Chapter 16: No turning back
Chapter 17: The symbol of Chaos
Chapter 18: Consequences
Chapter 19: Izuku
Chapter 20: Unpleasant Surprise

Chapter 3: Secrets

6.4K 106 125
By Leonstage964

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"All Might"

---------------------------------------------------

It has been a few days after the USJ attack, where both classes 1-A and 1-B had to fight along the pro heroes to survive.

Fortunately no one was killed, there were a few injured pro heroes along with a class 1-A student, but no one sustained major injuries.

After everybody recovered, they all came back to class.

We can now see Midoriya and his group, which consists of Tsuyu Asui, Shoto Todoroki and Momo Yaoyorozu. Asui got closer to Midoriya since he saved her from the USJ attack, while both Yaoyorozu and Todoroki where just now becoming his friends.

It was lunch time and they were headed towards their table, but suddenly they heard someone calling for them. 

"Midoriya-san, Tsu-chan, How is it going?" asked Kendo from her table, at the mention of their names Midoriya and Asui turned their head towards her.

"Oh, hey Kendo-chan!" said Asui with her cute expression where her little tongue is poking out, " H-hi Kendo-san! W-we are doing j-just fine, thanks for asking" said Midoriya smiling.

" do you guys want to have lunch with us?" asked Kendo, Midoriya's group looked at each other before nodding, then they took a seat at Kendo's table.

Of course she wasn't eating alone, Tetsutetsu, Yanagi and Tokage were also sitting there eating their meals. Midoriya sat down next to Kendo, Todoroki and Yaoyorozu sat next to each other and Asui sat next to Yanagi.

"So..." said Tetsutetsu breaking the silence, "Are you two the ones who helped class prez and Yanagi-san at the USJ?" he asked pointing at the two green haired class 1-A students.

"Yes, however, if it wasn't for Midoriya-kun's plan we would have been killed by the villains" said Asui bringing the attention towards Midoriya who blushed.

"h-huh, thank you Tsu-chan but you all did your best too, if it wasn't for you my plan would have never worked" said Midoriya trying not to take all the compliments.

"That may be true, but it if weren't for you I would have died" said Kendo smiling at his kind reaction, 'That smile is cute... Wait what?!'  tought Midoriya blushing a bit more.

"Well then..." said Tetsutetsu gaining everyone's attention " Thank you Midoriya, class 1-B would be a total mess if prez disappeared" he said, then he raised his right hand " My name's Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu" he said while Midoriya shook his hand.

"And I am Tokage Setsuna, since you saved Kendo-chan, you have our respect... well, aside from Monoma" she said smiling nervously at the last thing she said.

Midoriya smiled "Thanks Tokage-san, your class has our repect too...every one but Kacchan of course" he said chuckling a bit.

After that the group decided to exchange their phone numbers to keep in touch with one another.

(timeskip - sportfestival)

Someone was walking down the hallways of the UA's stadium and was headed towards the infirmary, she was really worried because her friend just lost a match and wasn't looking that good.

That person was none other than Kendo.

She saw how badly Midoriya got hurt during his fight against Todoroki, it was pretty obvious to her that Midoriya wasn't just trying to win that fight, there was more to it.

You see, since she got Midoriya and his friend's numbers she started to talk to them more often, especially to Midoriya and Asui.

She finally reached the infirmary's door but she stopped when she heard someone talking " Well, I hope you get better soon young Midoriya" said a familiar voice " Thanks All Might, I will" said Midoriya.

Kendo had a surprised expression 'Woah! The number one hero came here just to see Midoriya-kun'  she thought, then she heard footsteps and the door opened.

A tall, scrawny, blond-haired man walked out of the room, " Oh? You came here to visit?" he asked, Kendo looked at him confused "hum, yes" she said, the man moved and walked away while she entered the room.

But only Midoriya was there 'Weird... I could have sworn he said All Might's name, but the only one in here was that man... but there's no way he could be All Might... but he does look similar'  She thought even more confused.

The thought that the symbol of peace could have been that man made her curious 'Oh well... Midoriya did mention something about All Might at the USJ so maybe he knows something... But right now isn't a good moment'  she thought and sat down next to Midoriya's bed.

"Hey!" she said smiling at him, he turned his head towards her and blushed a bit, he was still not used to talk to friends, let alone a girl " H-hi Kendo-san, didn't hear you coming" he said scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"So how are you doing, does your arm still hurt?" she asked, her expression turning into a worried one, 'She's so caring' thought Midoriya smiling a bit.

"Don't worry about it! I'm fine, Recovery Girl healed me, see?" he said showing her his right arm still in casts, suddenly she grabbed his scarred hand.

Midoriya's face became redder than Kirishima's hair. " Your hand has more scars now, are you sure you are okay?" she asked trailing her fingertips across his scars in the process 'Why does it pain me so much that you got hurt?'  she thought frowning.

Midoriya placed his other hand on hers, she looked at him while blsuhing a bit for his sudden action "Kendo-san, during the fight with Todoroki I broke my fingers over and over again, I had to do surgery to my hands" he said in a calm tone, Kendo gasped "S-surgery?" she asked worried "Yes but, my hands are fine now, I just have to be careful" he said in a reassuring tone.

She nodded in understanding, then she had an idea " listen Midoriya-kun" she said making him look at her " Since I owe you one because you saved me, would you like to come to this cafe after school tomorrow? It's on me" she said with hope.

Midoriya thought about it 'Did she just ask me out?!  No...Wait, she just wants to be nice'  he thought, " Alright, but I'll pay for my food" he said, she sighed " I knew you would say that, it's 5 okay with you?" she asked and he nodded.

"Well then, I'll see you, Shiozaki's match is about to begin" she said, she reluctantly let go of his hands and went out the door, Midoriya was still looking at his hands.

"I... I just held hands with a girl!" he yelled blushing like crazy.

(The next day - after school)

Midoriya had just walked out of his home " okay, it's 4:30 and Kendo-san said to meet her at the park" he said to himself. He was wearing blue jeans, a black t-shirt with a green-hooded jacket with clouds on it.

So he started walking towards the park with his hands in his pockets 'I wonder where she is?'  he thought, suddenly someone covered his eyes making him jump a bit.

"Guess who?" a familiar voice asked while chuckling, Midoriya relaxed " uhm, c-could it be Kendo-san?" he asked grinning, " ding ding! You are right!" Kendo exclaimed while moving her hands away from his eyes.

Midoriya turned around and what he saw made his eyes widen in suprise, Kendo was standing there wearing a grey baggy sweater, blue jeans shorts with a black belt and some black and white shoes. The sunlight made her hair shine, to him she looked stunning.

( Imagine that there's only Kendo, Although Yanagi is picking my interest not gonna lie)

He was staring at her, he couldn't look away from such beauty, "Midoriya-kun ? hey earth to Midoriya-kun" said Kendo waving her hand in front of his eyes, but to no avail.

Midoriya could think of only one thing " So beautiful" he thought , or so he thought " W-what?" asked Kendo blushing, Midoriya's head jerked up "Wait, Y-you heard that?!" he asked embarrassed.

She nodded and he paled 'Oh no! W-what do I do? what do I say? What if she thinks that I'm weird ? what If-'  his trail of thoughts was interrupted by Kendo "D-do you really think so?" she asked him still blushing while scratching her right arm in embarrassment.

Midoriya breathed deply to regain his composure, " Y-yes Kendo-san, I do think that you are beautiful" he said blushing himself, Kendo smiled and giggled " you're not bad your self Midoriya-kun" she said making Midoriya blush even more, if that was even possible.

Then she cleared her throat " Well then, let's go shall we?" she asked tilting her head in a cute way, Midoriya nodded "s-sure, lead the way" he said and they started walking towards the cafe together.

When they arrived Midoriya was amazed by the look of it, it was very old-fashioned but cool at the same time, the thing he liked the most was the atmosphere and the smell of coffee.

"woah" said Midoriya admiring the place " I thought you would like it" said Kendo smiling, then a waitress came up to them " Good afternoon, would you like a table for two?" she asked, "Yes please" answered Kendo.

The waitress led them to a table, when they sat down she said " I'll leave you some time to order, I'll come back in a few minutes" she bowed and left.

"She was nice" said Midoriya looking at the menù " Yeah she is" said Kendo also looking at the menù " So, do you have any suggestion?" asked Midoriya.

She looked at him and smiled, "personally, I like the black coffe and the dango" she said. 

Dango are small dumplings made from sweet rice flour, and have a slightly chewier texture. To make this type of Japanese wagashi, rice flour is mixed with hot water to form a dough and then shaped into dumplings, which are boiled, skewered, and grilled. Sesame seeds are a common addition to the rice flour, to produce the nuttier-tasting.

he thought about it and said "alright, dango it is" then, the waitress came back and asked for their orders " I'd like some black coffe and the six dango stick please" said Kendo, the waitress wrote it down " And for you?" she asked looking at Midoriya "I'd also like the dango sticks, and a Marocchino please" he said, the waitress nodded and left.

The Marocchino is a beverage made of coffee, whipped milk and cocoa served in Italian bars, it can be considered a cappuccino in reduced format with the addition of cocoa, although if you say that in Italy, people will get mad, trust me...

Anyway...

"I never thought you would be a coffe type" said Kendo breaking the silence, Midoriya chuckled a bit " I know, even my mother was surprised the first time I got one" he said.

"here are your orders, hope you'll enjoy the food" said the waitress placing their food on the table, "thanks" both Midoriya and Kendo said in unison.

Midoriya took a dango stick and tasted it, few seconds later his eyes sparkled " Oh... my... God! You were right, it does taste amazing" he said enjoying his food, Kendo laughed at his reaction "Told you" she said.

'Maybe this is the right time'  thought Kendo, "Uhm, Midoriya-kun? can I ask you a question?" she asked, Midoriya nodded while sipping his marocchino.

"S-so, back at the USJ when we where carrying Aizawa-sensei to safety, you were mumbling about All Might not being able to beat the Nomu..." she started and Midoriya's eyes widened, he knew where this was going "... but then you said that you and All Might had the same strength, and that you didn't even have a quirk until the entrance exam" she continued.

"At first I thought that it was crazy but Bakugo confirmed it calling you 'a quirkless deku' ,which is very mean by the way, and you confirmed that your strength could rival All Might's, I mean, with just a flick of a finger you created enough air pressure to create a whirlpool" she took a moment to drink.

"And then at the sport festival, when I was going to visit you I heard voices inside the room, and I heard you calling All Might, but the only one who came out of the room was this tall scrawny man, and now that I think about it he kinda looked like a low budget version of All Might, and since you don't just call someone All Might, I  must ask this" she said.

Midoriyas' breath quickened " Was that All Might? And if he was, why are the two of you close? It's not an everyday thing seeing All Might talking to kid in private" she said.

Midoriya's face was full of shock, in barely two minutes she figured out three quarters of his secret, but he had an excuse " And you can't be a late bloomer because the quirk manifests when you're four years old, and late blooming occurs when you are five or six, and I find it hard to believe that you are the first case in years to manifest a quirk this late. So please tell me the truth" Added Kendo.

Now Midoriya was fucked, she discovered all his secrets and he didn't have any more excuses, he started to sweat and tremble 'Oh no! What do I do?! Lie ? No she would get it... But if I tell her the truth I will fail All Might... But then again if I stay silent I will just confirm what she said... There is no other option, I must warn her first, sorry All Might but I can't get out of this'  he thought.

he breathed deeply " Kendo-san, are you sure you want to know? This could put you in danger" he said with a serious tone " Now that you say that I want to know even more, what if you are in danger, I want to help" said Kendo. Midoriya smiled 'You really have a pure heart Kendo-san'  he thought .

"Okay, you see... I was born quirkless and there was no way I would ever develop one because the doctor said I had two joints in my pinky toe, being quirkless led to bullying by everyone, and when I mean everyone I mean even my childhood friend Kacchan, I would get beaten down every day untill I couldn't walk, the teachers ignored me, but I still wanted to become a hero, so I started writing my note books, problem is that one day Kachan burned one of them along with my shoulder and told me 'If you want a quirk so bad, why don't you take a swan dive off the roof of a building and hope to get a quirk in your next life' that was the last thing he said before leaving, the same day I was attacked by a villain and nearly died, fortunately All Might rescued me, I asked him if I could be a hero and he said that without powers it was impossible, he said that I could be a police man... I won't lie, it hurt, but I understood that he was only trying to protect me, then I heard an explosion and ran towards the commotion just to see the same villain chocking Kachan, the pros weren't doing anything so I jumped in and tried to save him, All Might came again, saved us both and then while I was walking home, he offered me to become his successor, he offered me his quirk , One For All, because he saw my heroic act, so I trained for ten months straight cleaning a beach, and well, here I am." he said with a sad tone, talking about it helped, sure, but it hurt too.

He heard a sniffle, he looked up and saw Kendo crying 'Oh God, she is crying, why is she crying?! What do I do? I never been in ths situation before'  he thought while looking at Kendo worried.

"H-how did you get through all of that?" asked Kendo while crying "Y-you were bullied just because you were quirkless?! What kind of fucking excuse of a human would do that? If Bakugo turned his back against you told you to kill yourself then why are you still friend with him? " she asked.

Midoriya was surprised, she was crying for him, someone beside his own mother was worried about him, then the unexpected happened,, she hugged him, it wasn't a friendly hug, it was a comforting one, a warm hug, something that he needed.

" I would have gone insane, even I was bullied, they messed with me because of my weird hair colour, but no one has ever gone that far, then the All Might and One For All thing, h-how I- I don't-..." her sobs where taking over her words, Midoriya seing this hugged her back and patted her back.

"Hey, it's okay it's all in the past now, sure I won't forget that Kachan betrayed me, but I was thinking about being a hero all the time, so I never thought about standing up to him, I didn't even have a quirk so it would have been impossible, but it's okay now, because I have one, I just need to learn how to control it" he said.

then he leaned back and looked at her teary eyes, " And for the record, I really like your hair, and I really like the colour of your eyes they are beautiful, so please don't stain them with tears" he said while whiping one of her tears with his thumb.

Kendo blushed bright red, nobody had ever told her that her hair was cool, let alone that her eyes were beautiful, at that moment she felt something she couldn't describe, her heart started beating fast while she was still hugging him 'he's so cool! and sweet!'  she thought.

Midoriya was feeling the same thing, although he was trying to maintain his composure as much as he could 'S-she is so cute right now! I've never been this bold before! What were you thinking Izuku! Okay, calm down... don't let her see through you'  he thought looking at her while blushing.

"thank you" she whispered and looked away to avoid eye contact.

At this point Midoriya was loosing it ' How can someone be this cute?!'  he thought, "Anyway, we should go now, it's pretty late" said Kendo reluctantly breaking the hug " Y-yeah, you're right" said Midoriya.

"By the way" said Kendo calling the attention of Midoriya "What about Dekiru?" she asked "Dekiru? what do you mean?" asked Midoriya confused " I mean, Deku is an insult, but it sounds liek the japanese word for 'you can do it' so why not calling you Dekiru?" she explained.

Midoriya thought about it " You know what? I like Dekiru!" he said smiling "Then let's go Dekiru-kun" she said in a playful tone.

They got up and paid for their meals, it was 7 pm now, so it started to become dark outside and Midoriya offered to escort Kendo home, which she accepted.

Twenty minutes later they arrived at Kendo's house " Well, this is my stop" said Kendo, "Ok, I'll see you at school" said Midoriya, Kendo smiled and kissed him on the cheek, " Thank you for the day, and the compliments, bye!" she said opening her door and getting inside her home.

Midoriya stood frozen, he was still processing what happened, then a smile creeped on his face ' Ok... What the hell is going on ? The other day a girl held my hand, today I was bold for the first time, talked about my secrets and now I've been kissed'  he thought.

Then he touched the spot where Kendo kissed him "That felt nice..." he said while walking home getting redder and redder by the second. When he got home his mother asked him about his 'date', he got flustered at that word, but he did like to think it was a date.

But his happy expression became one of complete terror " Oh Shit! All Might is gonna Detroit Smash me!" he yelled .

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for keeping you waiting boys and girls.

But I've been unable to write these past days because of xmas vacations and the fact that my school decided to rape us students with a shitton of homeworks and class assignments.

I'll try to post more!

again sorry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 894 25
She like me but why? No one has ever liked or loved me. "Do you know what did you just say?" I ask so she can take it back. "Yes, yes I know Shota an...
237K 6.4K 20
* Inspired by civil war and other civil war fanfiction off of Archive of our own. It's now the end of the first year of UA for our students. Nedzu ha...
4.6M 172K 97
*Currently Editing* Ranked #2 in Fanfics out of 1 Million KATSUKI BAKUGO x READER "I may not be a hero yet, but be damned sure that I'll protect you...
648 11 16
Time has passed quickly: Class 1-A graduates and because hero's, get married, and some even have kids. Follow them all as they go through their seco...