Finding Synchrony || Formerly...

Oleh 12r0ses

' "Look, this week hasn't been particularly exciting for me either! I can't believe I agreed to this." "Wow... Lebih Banyak

Author's note
Aesthetics
1. Coffees and Calls
2. Posts and Playboys
3. Arrivals and Rivals
4. Boys and Books
5. Hannah and Hospitals
6. Tuitions and Tutus Part 1
7. Tuitions and Tutus Part 2
8. Cancelled
10. Visits and Valentines
11. Basic Bitch

9. Studios and Statues

11 3 21
Oleh 12r0ses

It had been a few days since that last practice, and we had really bizarre timing most of the days, because of Jake's interviews and my work hours. So we had to settle for really early morning practices, like 4 am. Other days, we settled for really late practice times, like 9 pm as the starting time.

Jake and I had busy schedules, yes, but we made it work. 

But soon, the Dance Room was off-limits to students because of the approaching finals week. So me and Jake had to find another place to practice. 

That morning, we sat down under one of the shady trees on campus during break and discussed our options. 

"Well all the school facilities are off-limits," I said. "And our dorms are too small, so..."

"Maybe we could go for street dancing?" Jake joked.

I smacked him on the arm with my pencil and scolded him as he winced in pain. "Don't be ridiculous. We are not standing on the streets dancing like homeless people."

"You know, for a tiny girl, you really hit hard," Jake grimaced.

"Also, my schedule is going to be even more tied up, finals are coming and I need to study as well," I ignored his comment.

"Come on Cas, you read you every single chapter of every single textbook you own before the school year even began," Jake said. "You do your homework during class and even manage to get the classwork done - God only knows how you pull THAT off - and you re-read your an entire textbook everyday and you still need to study for finals after all that?"

I blushed. "Well, yeah, I mean you can never be too prepared."

"True," Jake said, "But you can be over-prepared and you, Cassandra Ophelia Matthews, are over prepared. You need to let loose, have a little fun!"

"That's what Maddie says, but-" I tried explaining.

"Maddie's right then," Jake said. "You should reward yourself and not be 80 when you're just 21."

"Fine then, I'll loosen up," I smile. "Thanks Jake, you're a great friend."

The next day, Jake rushed over to my dorm, pounding on the door really hard. I opened the door since Hannah was resting (plus she couldn't really walk and her crutches were on the other side of the room) and I was forcing Maddie to study.

"Hey, Jake!" I smiled when I saw it was him. "What's up?"

"I have a surprise for you!" he smiled back. "And I need you to come with me." He took both of my hands in his.

I looked back at Hannah and Maddie. "Don't worry, Cassie," Hannah said. "I'll make sure Maddie studies."

I smiled at her and then turned back to Jake. 

"Okay, I'll come," I said.

"Great!" Jake said and then proceeded to tie a blindfold over my eyes.

"Um, Jake," I said. "Is this necessary?"

"Yes," he answered as he began to guide me through the hallway.

We went down a flight of stairs (I tripped 3 times), walked through the main courtyard connecting all the buildings (I bumped into one of the statues and I'm pretty sure I got a bruise) and got into a taxi.

"You're not kidnapping me, are you?" I asked.

Jake laughed. "No, of course not! We're almost there, though."

"Where exactly, Jake?" I asked nervously.

"You'll see," he answered.

Soon, the car came to a stop and Jake lead me out. 

"Now, you can open your blindfold..." he said as I fumbled around the back of my head to undo the knot.

When it was done, I pulled it off my head and I saw...

"A dance studio?!" I looked at Jake. "You bought a freaking dance studio?!"

He grinned. "Yeah."

"You didn't have to do this! You don't even live in Roseville!" I said. "We could have done practice after hours at the coffee shop, or the-"

"Yes, but this one is ours, our own special little place," Jake said, looking down into my eyes.

My face flushed red as I quickly looked away.

"Let's go inside," Jake offered.

I nodded and we went into the dance studio. It was so beautiful and modern. The ceiling was all glass and was kind of pointed at the top from where a white chandelier/lamp combo thing was hanging from. The light from the sun lit up the whole studio, which was big enough that a couple could live in it. It had a loft made of dark wood, contrasting the white walls and light wood floor. The space below the loft was made into a small kitchen whereas the loft was empty. The main floor was huge and had two classic mirror walls with a ballet bar.

I was breathless. "Wow, this is... Just wow!"

Jake grinned again. "I knew you'd like it."

"I love it!" I exclaimed. "I can't believe that we are going to practice in this place."

I looked up at him and his eyes met with mine again. "Thanks, Jake."

"For this?" he asked. "Oh, this is nothing."

"No, for this whole dance thing," I said. "I never thought I could be more than that nerdy girl who nobody remembers at reunions. In high school, I tried out for the dance team. I got rejected and it always made me feel like I wasn't good enough. But you make me feel like I matter."

"Thank you for that," I finished.

Hey guys!

I love this chapter! This Casake moment is my favourite so far. What's yours? Also, shoutout to queenieexxx's impatience:

And shoutout to Slytherinchick25's patience. 😂 Nickannah chapter up in an hour or so. Love y'all and don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

~Lia

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

17.3K 148 54
Jake was troubled, did what was considered to be 'bad' things but he just wants to live. He's extremely loyal, funny but brave. Devon was a smart gu...
1.6K 64 42
"Luke Parker?...Right?" "I've been on dates, I can assure you that. However, I've only been on first dates because they never called me or checked on...
134K 4.9K 70
I watched as the blood seeped through the white fabric, staining her once white bridal gown. I cradled her in my arms while covering the gun shot wou...
7.8K 985 43
How far would you go to have the girl you've always wanted? With graduation coming up and senior Prom, Luca is tired of being the outcast and just w...