Royals

By holdonloved

Adopted at the mere age of 3 months, Juliette has not a speck of memory of her biological parents. Upon disco... More

Royals
Chapter 2 - Shattered Glass
Chapter 3 - Letters & Lunch
Chapter 4 - Moving In
Chapter 5 - Bread & Champagne
Chapter 6 - Coffee & Golf
Chapter 7 - Dose Espresso
Chapter 8 - First Day Jitters
Chapter 9 - Lord Styles
Chapter 10 - Last Dance
Chapter 11 - Statues & Knights
Chapter 12 - Ben & Jerry's
Chapter 13 - Chasing Corridors
Chapter 14 - Sips & Hallucinations
Chapter 15 - Secrets & Stories
Chapter 16 - Smoky Thoughts
Update on Updates!
Chapter 18 - Confusion

Chapter 17 - Night

1.4K 80 90
By holdonloved

NOTE: READ CHAPTER 16 - SMOKY THOUGHTS BEFORE YOU READ THIS! Make sure to vote for it if you have not already! If you have read it, carry on :) Enjoy this chapter! Comment as you go along & let me know what you think ; remember to vote at the end! xxx

Harry’s POV

“Out you go,” I offer my hand to a frazzled Juliette. She looks uncertain; nevertheless, she willingly obliges.

“Where are we?” she asks, right before her foot gets caught on a jagged rock. She spills into my arms as I grip her tight from falling any further. “Sh.it! It’s so dark, I can barely see the ground. I’m sorry!”

The tiny candle from my lantern illuminates her trembling face as she regains her balance. I aim the light towards her leg, inspecting for any injuries.

“The ground’s a bit rocky around the farm so the car won’t go all the way, but it’ll smooth over right through those gates,” I point towards the house. “Think you’ll be able to trek it?”

“Could’ve told me to wear hiking boots before you swept me through my window,” she laughs, walking beside me. “But, I’m fine. I think a scratch is the worst of it…and that I totally have two left feet.”

“I promise it’ll be worth it, you’ll see,” I assure her, placing my hand on the small of her back and leading her forward. Her eyes waver around as they adjust to the darkness surrounding us. The cool night air reminds me I should have layered Juliette before bringing her out to the range. I was in such a rush to get out the city and all I really wanted was her with me.

“So, what is this place?” she interrupts my thoughts, looking up expectantly.

“I’d rather show you then tell you,” I grin, placing her small hand in mine and leading her past the majestic gates. I nod to the watchman who takes my cue immediately.

Within a second, the entirety is sparked with arrays of light. The fountain in front of the grand farm house erupts to life, spewing water in five directions. Waves of color skirt the black night as I’m overwhelmed with a rush of memories. A pathway is carved by a string of pearlescent lights wrapped around tree branches. What was surrounded by darkness just moments before has now met its dawn in the dead of the night. A truly captivating scene painted by my father’s mind. I shudder at the thought of how much this place holds in my heart. Juliette’s wavering presence brings me back as I turn to face her.

“Welcome to the Styles Estate, Juliette,” I smirk, amused by her state of awe.

&&&

Juliette’s POV

“This is your…home?!” I exclaim, still in shock by the grand entrance. I quickly follow behind Harry as he leads the way up the path. I attempt to take in the pretty lights glowing all around. A garden of vines and trees carve our trail up to the house.

“I’d hardly call it that,” he chuckles. “It’s our family farm house. We used to come here a lot when Gemma and I were younger, like almost every weekend. It was like a sanctuary; still is one, I reckon.”

“I’m honored to be here, then,” I smile. To my surprise, we walk past the house and head towards the back. “We’re not going in?”

“”I had something else in mind…I think you’ll like it,” he says. Anticipation pools in my stomach as we turn the corner. We approach a massive red barn with an equally massive watchman in a matching uniform.

“Did the guard come with the barn?” I joke.

“You’d be surprised,” Harry chuckles, nodding in the man’s direction. The watchman swings the door open, slightly bowing as we enter. Must be a British thing. Harry continues on as I follow, the smell of hay and animals hitting me hard in the face. “Hope you don’t mind spreading your legs, babe. We’re going riding tonight.” Oh God.

Harry unlocks a gate to reveal dozens of horses grazing in their pens. My mouth is agape as I take in the beautiful creatures. He’s taking me horseback riding, AW.

“I used to muck out the stables when I was younger, got paid for it too,” he says.

“Do I even want to know what that means?” I ask.

“Clearing out the poo,” he chuckles. “Glamourous, I know. My father always said that if I wanted to learn to ride, I’d have to learn the responsibility that came with it.”

“Ew, like with a shovel? Or a hoe?” I scrunch my nose in disgust.

“There will be no hoes at the stables, Juliette,” he says, keeping a straight face in the cute way he does. We walk towards a pen with a black horse, entering it slowly. “This is my horse, Night. She’s the first horse I’ve ever ridden, my dad even let me name her.”

“She’s beautiful, Harry,” I nervously run my hand along her neck. “Why Night?”

A million reasons to why he named her Night come to mind as I realize the sentiment this animal must hold for Harry. There must be deep meaning engraved in her name. God, he’s so insightful.

“Because she’s the color of night,” Harry smirks. Or that too.

Night is equipped with a fine leather saddle, looking magnifcent.

“Have you ever ridden before?” he asks.

“Ah…well, I have. But it’s been years, I don’t even remember how to get on,” I admit.

“It’s a good thing you’ve got me…Harry Styles, riding extraordinaire,” he flips his hair, smiling wide.

“I imagine I’m in safe hands,” I tease.

“Okay, onto the stool you go,” he lifts me onto the mount in front of Night. “Now, one leg over the saddle…”

I attempt to follow his direction yet struggle to get my leg over the saddle. I find myself terrified of falling off the other end if I jump onto Night. Harry places his hand on the small of my back, rather close to my ass, as he lifts me up.

“Thank you,” I say, shyly. His hand lingers for a second longer, brightening my cheeks. “Where’s your horse?

“Right here, babe. Saddle up,” he winks, climbing right behind me rather swiftly. “It’s gonna be a bumpy ride.”

&&&

We ride in silence, our heartbeats in sync with the cool night sky. My back is to Harry’s; although, he sits quite close with his arms brushing past my hips as he mans the reigns. Within minutes, Night takes us away from the lights of the beautiful estate. Strangely, I spy flashes of light coming from the distance.

“What are those lights?” I wonder aloud.

“Bryce’s security team…let’s just say my family’s quite keen on safety,” he sighs. “Although, I’d say it’s more paranoia than simple precaution.”

“They’ll loosen up eventually. My parents are beyond strict. I have to be home by 10, even on the weekends! It’s ridiculous,” I ramble.

“But they let you come out here...to London, all by yourself,” he points out. “If I ever left the country, my parents would send out orders to the militia before my plane even lands.”

“It took a year of solid guilt tripping to get my way; trust me, they’d keep me at home, locked in my room forever if they could,” I say, suddenly missing my parents.

“I don’t blame them,” he whispers. “I want to keep you all to myself, too.”

“I think I’d let you,” I giggle, feeling the heat rise in my chest. “Do you come out to the stables often?”

“Less than I’d like to. Always loved riding horseback…these trails go for miles. Wish they’d go on forever and I with it. And you, if you’d come,” he

“What are you running from?” I blurt out. I stare straight ahead, afraid to look back at his expression. Ugh, be normal Juliette! Stop trying to unravel him, just FLIRT.

We ride in silence as I scour my mind for what to say.

“Something’s distracting you,” I presume. “Was it those lights we saw back there?”

“It’s you, babe. Those jeans are something else…” he chuckles. I feel his gaze trail down my back along with his greedy fingers.

“No, really…what are you thinking?” I giggle, swatting his hands away. I hold my breath awaiting his response, which is replaced with silence.

“I’m thinking about how hardly anyone cares to ask what I’m thinking,” he finally admits.

“Well, they damn well should because I’m sitting here hoping you’ll tell me,” I say. Why wouldn’t they care? Maybe I care too much. “So tell me?”

“You really are something else…let’s just say, my family has a lot riding on my thoughts. Say the wrong thing and it could change course for more people than I can count.”

“That’s a lot of pressure for just one person,” I comment.

“So? The world doesn’t care…no one cares as long as you deliver. They’ll just take and take until you have nothing more to give. And even then, they’ll expect more,” he sighs, emotion dwelled into his words. I pause, unsure of what to say. “Don’t be afraid to say the wrong thing, Juliette…not around me.”

“I just…I wish I knew what to say, how to help…”

“It’ll all make sense, in due time,” he promises.

“But, what will make sense?” I ask.

Again, I am met with silence and our heartbeats. Night is trotting away, oblivious to the tension in the air.

“I think I’d have to get you drunk to spill all your secrets,” I laugh, nervously.

“I think I’d let you,” he leans down and places a kiss on the back of my neck. The sweet gesture illuminates my skin against the moonlight. The light brush of his lips tingles my skin, causing my neck strain back. “Ooo, did that tickle?”

“No…”

“Oh, really?” I feel both his hands drop the harness and travel down my arms. His slow assault trickles down to my stomach as he tickles me gently. “How about now?”

“Harry!” I squeal, hardly containing myself. The saddle shifts with me as I wiggle around to escape his fingers. I fall back laughing into his arms, my head resting a bit too close to his chest “Stop! You’ll spook Night!”

“Do you trust me?” Harry breathes, pulling the reins. Night immediately halts with a grunt.  

My heart races as his hands sneak up my shirt, exploring the contours of my chest. His fingers feel better than I imagined, serving a different purpose than what he’d intended. His hands skim my waistband causing my breath to hitch. I whip around, taking his hands in mine as I kiss him wholeheartedly. I pray the taste of my tongue answers his question; I trust him, I do. And, I hope he trusts me.

&&&

“There is no way you haven’t seen the Titanic!” Harry exclaims. “It’s a bloody classic! The one thing your country’s done right.”

Our horseback riding stroll took a turn for the best with a steamy make out sesh saddled onto Night. The ride back was filled with small talk and shy giggles, mostly on my part. I see the red barn within my line of vision, alluding we’re close to the end of our trail.

“Can’t say I have!” I admit. “Pretty sure it came out before I was even born.”

“1997. It came out in 1997. Unless you’re not telling me something...” he teases. “We have to watch it, tonight.”

“Tonight?! It must be past midnight! I have work tomorrow.”

“Call in a sick day…actually, I’ll save you the call and let Ava know myself,” he offers.

“Eh…I’m pretty sure she hates me…”

“So? Give her more of a reason to. Stay the night and I’ll even treat you to breakfast,” he tempts, circling his arms around me.

“I just…”

“Please” Harry pleads, suckering his lips. “Haven’t been in the home theater for ages and I’d love to show you it.”

“Oh God…okay fine!” I willingly agree, unsure of where the night will take us. As we reach the stables, Bryce is ready with the barn doors open.

“Bryce, we’re headed to the theater,” Harry calls out, indicating a silent order.

Bryce takes the reins and parks Night, leaving us shortly. Harry swiftly jumps off the saddle, landing gracefully. My mind wanders back to climbing onto the horse. That wasn’t horrible so getting off shouldn’t be so bad?

“Okay, bring your leg over and sit sideways,” Harry instructs. I oblige rather shakily. “Give me your hand, the mounting stool is right here.”

 I nervously take his hand and place my other on his shoulder. I cautiously slide forward, completely terrified that Night will move as I’m getting off.

Don’t worry, I’ve got you babe,” he assures me, his eyes twinkling. His promise gives me false confidence as I sashay clumsily off Night. I land straight into his arms, griping onto him a bit too tightly. “Told you.”

He sets me on the ground as I straighten up my clothes.

“You’ll really stay with me?” he asks.

“Not the night,” I breathe. “But, I will stay for the movie.”

“I’ll take it,” he grins. “Let’s go.”

&&&

“If I’m not out riding, this is where you’d find me,” Harry opens the door to the theater and leads me inside.

“Thanks for letting me in,” I say, gazing up at him. My words hold more than the letter’s I’ve spelt out.

“I’m glad I did,” his eyes soften as he squeezes my hand. He turns the theater lights on, revealing the beautiful room. “Now…pick a spot, anywhere you want to sit. I’ll get the movie.”

Harry disappears into another room while I nervously fiddle with my shirt. The theater is spectacular. Red and gold make up the line of plush, couch-like seats that blow any AMC I’ve been to out of the water. Even the carpet is red, lined with gold accents. It’s all very majestic, much like the rest of Harry’s estate. And not only that, it’s massive with rows upon rows of seats. I walk up the small steps right to the middle. I imagine I look lost amongst the array of red in his empty theater. The lights dim and the screen comes to life just as Harry plops down next to me.

“Nice choice, babe. I’ve got the best seat in the house,” he smirks, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and handing me a carton of popcorn. “I promise, you’ll love this. Chicks dig Leo.”

“I dig you,” I blurt out. He looks down at me, smiling in response. Breathe Juliette…

As the movie begins, I can feel Harry sneaking glances at me before he finally immerses himself into the plot. The film takes my heart for a ride as I fall in love with the beautiful dresses and the characters. When Jack is holding onto Rose, Harry whispers “Never let go,” just as the words slip from Jack’s mouth. My heart flutters as I dread what’s to come.

“God, she could have saved him! There was more than enough room for the both of them!” I exclaim, the tears rolling down my face as the credits role. “Oh Rose…how could you let Jack die. He’d die for you, but why did you let him!”

“Not every story has a happy ending. That’s the beauty of it.” Harry laughs, wiping my tears with his thumb.

“God, I feel so silly crying but he just loved her so much!”

“Everyone has a Titanic for the first time face,” Harry smirks, glancing at his watch. “You up for another movie? It’s only a quarter to 2.”

“I want to…” I say, sneaking my face close to his. “But, I should go.”

He hides his disappointment well by kissing my lips softly, both his hands cradling my face. Every cell in my body urges to stay with him. I can’t think of any reason not to other than my lack of experience. This is all going so fast… I break away, angry at my nerves getting the best of me.

“I want to show you something before we leave,” Harry whispers. “I promise it’ll take just a moment.” I have more than just a moment for you, Harry.

We promptly exit the wondrous theater hand in hand. We wind through several corridors until we arrive to what I suspect is the living room. And, a grand one at that; the space is designed beautifully with sparking chandeliers and Parisian rugs. And this is only his farm house…

He stays silent and I stay unsure of what to do. A collage of beautifully orchestrated picture frames catch my eye; he seems to notice as he lets go of my hands and nods. With only a glimpse, I realize that these pictures must be of his mother. And as I get closer to the wall, my prediction is confirmed. Various photographs scatter the wall yet my eyes are able to seek out the one I’m searching for. The dimple in her radiant smile gives her away; I see a bit of Harry in her. I glance at him; actually, a bit of her in Harry.

“You mother…she was beautiful,” I choke. There’s something about her...

My eyes scan the rest of the wall as I see pictures of Harry with his mother and presumably his father and sister. One portrait locks me dead in my tracks. It’s one of the largest framed amongst the others and has a certain aura to it.

“Is that…King Arthur and Queen Celia?” I dare to ask, hardly believing what’s in front of me. Is this a joke?

“Yes, my mother’s parents.”  What.

“So you’re…” I tremble.

“Prince Harry. Prince Harry Edward Styles.”

&&&

“I’ll send Bryce with the car tomorrow to get you fitted in a dress for the gala,” Harry says. “Thank you again, for agreeing to come with me.”

“My pleasure, sire,” I smile, curtseying.

“No, none of that sire sh.it,” Harry chuckles. “I like when you say my name, just my name.”

“Harry,” I say, smirking.

“I’ll see you tomorrow. And the next day. And every day after that if you’d let me,” he whispers in my ear, kissing just under my lobe.

He opens the car door allowing me in. Unfortunately, he decides to stay at the farm but it gives me time alone for my thoughts. After his revelation, he left everything to my imagination with promises of telling me all at a later date. Upon arriving to England, I did know who the King and Queen were. I feel as if that was common knowledge yet I couldn’t have even guessed that they had a grandson whom I happened to be kissing just hours earlier. As if the night couldn’t get any better, he invited me to his father’s gala.

My wobbly legs carry my blissful high into Crescent after a thoughtful car ride. A Prince…Prince Harry Edward Styles. I can’t imagine what I could have done in my past life to grant me such a fortune. A Prince! A living, breathing, dreamy Royal!

A mix of emotions cloud my thoughts as I make my way to the elevator. I catch the time from the corner of my eye: 2:45 AM. In the back of my head, I am aware waking up for work tomorrow will be hell. Yet, I can’t find it in me to care. Harry’s escape became my own and I dare not regret it.

A clash of heels on the marble floor paired with a set of giggles wakes me from my little trance. I whip around to find a bob of brown hair with her tongue down Zayn’s throat. What the hell.

I try to hide my gasp as I look away and press the elevator button once more. As soon as the lift doors ring open, I jump in, hoping to go unnoticed. As if on cue, Zayn’s eyes catch mine for a brief second before the doors shut.

&&&

Memories from the night before flood my mind upon sunrise. The sweet taste on my tongue mirrors the lingering feeling of his warm hands on me last night. I can hardly find the desire to get out of bed. Feelings of giddiness accompany me as I stay wrapped in my blankets. I can hardly contain the cheesy smile painted on my face. Prince Harry Edward Styles. Prince Harry Edward Styles…

The bubbly feeling in my chest just won’t seem to go away as I finally climb about of bed. I’m seeing Prince Harry today. And tomorrow. And every day if I’d let him. And I will SO let him.  

As Harry said, Bryce awaits outside of Crescent and whips me away to the city. A short carried later, Bryce opens the door to a busy street and the entrance of a sleek London building.

I nervously walk in, following the directions Bryce gave me before. I am able to find the Stylist’s office with ease. The lightly tap on the door, surprised to find that it is already open. I slowly walk in, unsure of what to expect. My head is still in a daze from the night before and I find myself rather excited to see Prince Harry than try on loads of gala dresses.

“You there! Hold my dress up,” a commanding voice breaks my fantasy. I nearly stumble over at the sight of a model-like figure elevated atleast a foot off the ground. Her blond locks frame her face angelically yet I suspect she’s sinned more than she lets on. “Hustle a bit, darling. I’m afraid I don’t have all day.”

Confused as can be, I scurry over to her side and oblige. I gently hold up the tendrils of silk, trying hard not to droll over the exquisite dress. It’s framed with the softest of white and a hint of lace trailing down the floral design. The sleeves are full yet transparent and the neckline goes high along with a slit at the side, revealing her toned legs. God, I’m so jealous. Her classic looks deems her worthy of a period drama. She adjusts the straps on her shoes and stares into the full length mirror.  She steps onto the platform, nodding at me to release the fabric.

“Valentino Clemente Ludovico Garavani, you complete me,” she squeals, twirling in the beautiful gown. “Caroline, it’s simply beautiful!”

I look up to see a dark haired woman walking our way. I stand back awkwardly, waiting for my presence to be acknowledged. The woman, Caroline, rushes over to the girl in the dress as the two fawn over the design.

“It’s as if Valentino carved the fabric for you, Duchess,” Caroline exclaims.

“Ugh, Valentino, Dior, Elie Saab, Givenchy, Zuhair Murad…they all hold my heart,” the girl sighs.

“And will fight for it too. Rumors are sparking all around, my dear. Every designer wants their hand prints on your wedding dress,” Caroline says, a tone of suspense wrapped in her words. She finally looks behind the girl in the dress and notices me. “Oh my, and you are?”

“Ah—“

“She’s not the help?” the girl in the dress cuts in. Ouch. Something seemingly snaps in Caroline’s mind as her eyes go wide and she rushes towards me to usher me in the next room.

“Oh dear, she’s a friend of a friend!” Caroline calls out as we enter into a room with luxurious carpeting and chairs. “You must be Juliette? I’m sorry, dear! I’m just about finished with my client in there. I’ll be right with you. I hope she didn’t rattle you too much.”

“Not at all,” I manage a sweet smile. Til she called me the help.

After what feels like hours but what is rather minutes, Caroline reappears.

“I’ll take you in now,” she orders. I follow her into the large, white room I was in before. The girl in the dress is nowhere near sight, thankfully. I have never had a dress fitting before and having her around would make me even more self-conscious than I am.

“I’ve laid out a few choices that we can go through. Harry will be here soon. Here, how about this one!”

She places a beautiful, deep red gown into my hands and shows me into the dressing room. I take a deep breath. Here we go.

Harry’s POV

“My apologies,” I say, strolling into Caroline’s office. “Had a late night last night.”

“And, what’s your excuse? Couldn’t keep your women in check?” she snaps, looking less than pleased.

“Didn’t realize the attitude came with your services,” I snap right back.

“How else do you expect me to react when Bryce calls at nearly two am last night to tell me YOU need to schedule a fitting for your lady friend at 1…when your actual leading lady has a fitting at 12!”

“Oh no…did they meet each other?” I nearly choke.

“They did, but your sly little ass better be thanking me for cutting in at the right time. No harm done, yet,” Caroline snaps her gum. “I’m getting too old for this. You need to tell both of them.”

“Ella knows. I just, I have to tell Juliette in the right way, she trusts me…” I tremble.

“Clocks ticking,” she says, disapproval laced in her words.

“Hadn’t realize I pay for your judgment,” I say, a bitter taste in my mouth.

 “You don’t pay me at all…your grandfather does. You’re lucky loyalty doesn’t have a price” she responds, a hint of humor in her voice.

“Perhaps I should put in a good word for that raise you’ve been hinting at?” I play along.

“Now we’re talking.”

A door slams, interrupting Caroline and I. We both look up, awaiting Juliette’s entry. Minutes go by yet she doesn't come.

“Juliette…you quite done?” I stalk into the dressing room, surprised to find it empty. “Juliette?”

I walk around the massive dressing room, confused as to where Juliette could have gone. I spy a red dress laying across the bench in the middle with a crumpled paper strewn on top. I gasp at the headline of the Peasantry that takes over the first page. PRINCE TO PROPOSE! And, a photograph of Ella and I is painted right under. Sh.it.

Authors Note:

Okay, I totally give every single person reading this permission to yell at me for taking WAY too long to update. Seriously, I deserve it. BUT I still hope you enjoyed this chapter! It was definitely a long one and ALOT happened.

WHAT DID YA THINK?

COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS/THEORIES! I love reading those:)

If you liked this chapter and would like to see more, VOTE! Can we get this one to 90 votes?

I hope everyone had a wonderful break over the holiday season. And, I'd just like to take this time to admit that I hadn't really been feeling myself these last few weeks. It may just be stress or too much overthinking, but I was feeling a bit down. I'm in a waaaay better mood now, but I just want all of you guys to know that if you ever feel like you need someone to talk to, my inbox is always open! Sometimes, that's really all you need.

Hope you accept my apologies ;) 

Much love,

xx

Twitter: @ForLoveHarry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 151 70
Hazel a 7 year old girl rescued from her abusive household and put into an adoption centre. Meanwhile Louis, Zayn, Liam, Niall and Harry want a new...
55.7K 2.3K 46
Amid the chaos of a global pandemic and its ever-mounting death toll, where isolation and uncertainty have become the new norm, three men must come t...
82.2K 3.9K 21
When youngs boy turn seven, they find out if they can give birth or not. If they can, they're sent off to learn the motherly duties of the house and...
195K 3K 26
Eighteen year-old Adriene Grabb is everything her "best friend" isn't. While Sabrina is fun, outgoing and confident, Adriene is shy, guarded and self...