Until Skies Taste the Sun (Lo...

By kleavenlost

Lost Series #1. Avi acted her dreams so dearly and all that is important. Sweet. Passionate. Determined. She... More

Until Skies Taste the Sun
Simula
Kabanata 1
Kabanata 2
Kabanata 3
Kabanata 4
Kabanata 5
Kabanata 6
Kabanata 7
Kabanata 8
Kabanata 9
Kabanata 10
Kabanata 11
Kabanata 12
Kabanata 13
Kabanata 14
Kabanata 15
Kabanata 16
Kabanata 17
Kabanata 18
Kabanata 19
Kabanata 20
Kabanata 21
Kabanata 22
Kabanata 24
Kabanata 25
Kabanata 26
Kabanata 27
Kabanata 28
Kabanata 29
Kabanata 30
Kabanata 31
Kabanata 32
Kabanata 33
Kabanata 34
Kabanata 35
Kabanata 36
Kabanata 37
Kabanata 38
Kabanata 39
Kabanata 40
Kabanata 41
Kabanata 42
Kabanata 43
Kabanata 44
Kabanata 45
Kabanata 46
Kabanata 47
Kabanata 48
Kabanata 49
Kabanata 50
Wakas
Note

Kabanata 23

54 4 0
By kleavenlost

Mistletoe

There are no rules when it comes to style.

I wore a long sleeve hanging blouse in pastel colors, designed with squares that has a cut in the middle to express some boldness. I opted to partner it with a black skinny trouser that has a loose on the lower part just below the knee. And matched it with white heeled boots as the fabric of the pants tucked in it.

There's really nothing special about my trappings. I just managed to be adventurous and naturally express myself by having fashion with fashion. I actually didn't take too long to decide on this accouterment, as the snaps directly follow within, after questioning myself about what I really want to have in my final look. For the fashion day!

I clung my style in box bag onto my shoulder after posing for the camera. Maraming tao rito ang nakakakilala kung sino ang one and only Mrs. Yelena Muccialiliane, kaya naman nadadamay na ako sa pinagkakaguluhan ng paparazzi para kuhanan ng pictures. I am beside Mama all throughout the event, and so I'm fully aware na scattered na rin ang face ko all over the internet. No doubt on that.

I looked at Mama after she discarded her feather coat, leaving her with only a skimpy upper garment. Napataas ang brow ko as I didn't expect na ganito pala talaga kabata at ka-sexy tingnan si Mama sa malapitan. I suddenly get a bit conscious about myself. I hope I could maintain my diet and physical ventures para maging katulad ni Mama na napaka-fresh pa rin kahit na nasa late 50's na.

She smiled at me before sitting on her chair. "Grace, lend us a hot coffee here!" She called her secretary.

I hope I can say her I want milk instead...

"You have an enticing poise, Avi. You're aware that I'm watching you closely every time?" Mama chuckled. "And you're even prettier than those models we've seen!"

I awkwardly smiled at Mama.

"You'll be a great model if you give it a chance!"

 I straightened my back.

She puckered her lips. "My convincing power isn't enough, is it?"

I faintly smiled, finding the right words to say. Mama had been praising me before we had arrived at Manhattan Center, where the second day of fashion week was held. She won't stop saying that I have a modelesque figure and face. And that my aura was perfect for the modeling industry. Dati pa, she keeps on saying that I should start finding the right agency for me. She also volunteered to be my manager temporarily.

I always declined her offer sa tuwing isisingit niya ang topic na 'to sa facetime. Gaya ng sabi ko, I want a private life at never ko ni- aspire na pumasok sa mundong alam ko pa lang primarily, complicated na. There's a small part of me hating the spotlight.

Although there's still a part who secretly imagines being positioned on that, just by fantasizing how pretty awesome and dreamy it is when I try... I keep telling myself I want to focus more on my path. This incoming year ay makaka-graduate na ako. And that only means na need kong maging control and persistent when it comes to decision making.

Na-bother lang talaga ako now dahil sa pagpipilit ni Mama hanggang sa makarating kami rito sa AVIA. Even my intentions and perceptions were clear at first, I think twice every time she pushes me.

"Earth to Avi!"

I get alarmed and notice the cup of coffee on the table, before looking up to Mama and shaking my head. "Sorry, Ma... I'm trying to think out everything you're saying."

"Terrific! See? I knew it! Dig into it, Avi! Give yourself the opportunity to try... I tell you, it's worth your while..."

She holds my arm. "AVIA is always open for you if that's what's stopping you to seize the opportunity. We won't leave! I will always accept you," she meaningfully gave me a smile. The appreciation... 

"At least consider a try Avi, you have nothing to lose."

She's right, I have nothing to lose. But you know what I'll be going to lose?

His patience

"Godammn it, babe!" Third muttered. And I am actually starting to lose now his patience.

He once again took a look at my sexy poses where I'm wearing a revealing tube top, giving a peek of my cleavage. 

"Bloody hell... Are you fucking serious you'll send it to the eyes of many?!"

I saw how hard his fingers and knuckles were eager to delete every single photo on the phone. Hindi na ako nag- react at hinayaan nalang siya dahil marami pa namang copy. I just transfer it to my phone to show it to him and ask for his consent.

Yesterday after the talk with Mama, we went directly to one of the best photographers in town she knew will help me to build my portfolio with really high-resolution captures. And a stylist team to enhance every of my physical asset for a perfect shot and angle. Truly na magagaling ang kinuha ni Mama dahil mabilis lang kaming natapos. At kanina nga lang morning ay na-receive ko na agad ang mga shots after they worked on some adjustments. I received also the raw ones.

Mama also advances that we could now send my portfolio to the agency she endorsed while I am still here in New York. I took acknowledgment since my parents were already aware so I agreed. But I told Mama that I'll inform Third first about this. If I'm going to decide, at least I know his say.

That's the bottom line of being in a relationship. Two must bind with one final decision, having both sides heard.

"I can't quite imagine how Mom has been the mastermind of all these!"

"Babe..." I tried to calm him down.

"I'm gonna call her." Third took his phone out. Before he could swipe the call icon, I was able to stop him and made him look directly into my eyes.

"Hey..."

Nakakunot ang noo niya sa'kin, trying to avoid my gaze but I stilled him.

"Don't... It wasn't your Mom's fault, okay? Hindi naman ako magpapakuha ng picture kung hindi ko naman talaga gusto. Aren't you happy? Or at least support me..." mahinahon kong pakiusap.

His eyes were livid. But I can sense how he was trying to talk to me in a calm way, even if it wasn't possible by the face he was giving me now. He gave me my phone after deleting all the photos. 

"Who's the prick. Your photographer?" He sternly asked.

"It's a girl," I answered fast. I know already what he's blurting out.

He puffed a breath heavily. "Your stylist, the staff?"

"They were all girls. If you'll ask me if any dude has seen my photos, no is the answer. They were all girls..."

"And no one else will be going to be added. You're not applying for any agency, Avi." He was so authoritative by the means of his face and voice.

Okay, I will not apply.

One week has moved after Third confronted me about the modeling thing. Hindi na ako tumutol sa kaniya dahil it wasn't a big deal to me.. really

Honestly, I think that I just used Third as a call sign of whether I'll pursue it or not. And the sign says I'm not going to. So that's where it leads me.

Him holding the coffee in the paper cup while mine's milk; we stepped out of the coffee shop and greeted the snow of New York City. Our ears smoothly caught the tintinnabulation of the wind chimes blowing in the breeze after pushing the door of the shop.

As we walked through the halfway snowy ground of the city, I fed my eyes while looking into the luminous letterings of 'Merry Christmas' and the gleaming lights of the balls placed in the vibrant color of the tree.

The spirit of Christmas is truly overflowing with the giggles of the people around, the joy and the love roaming all over the air, kasabay nang paghigpit ng hug ko sa arm ng Noah ng life ko.

"You were handsome. You were pretty... Queen of New York City. When the band finished playing...They howled out for more..."

We ended up following where the music was playing until we stopped in front of a girl and a boy, who were singing Fairytale of New York, originally a song by Kristy McColl and The Pogues.

"And the bells are ringing out...For Christmas day..."

Everybody clapped their hands out after the song was done. I was confused and shocked dahil biglang kumalas si Third sa akin at pumunta roon sa front kung saan nakatayo ang mga performers. He whispered something to the two before the girl looked in my direction with a hint of a smile on her lips.

The girl stepped aside after collecting the money from the box they put on the ground. Tumaas ang kilay ko nang biglang ibigay ng lalaking performer kay Third ang guitar at tumabi na rin sa side kasama no'ng babae.

I was composing myself because I exactly knew what was coming. I fix my hair into my ears when Third finally placed his piercing eyes through mine. I don't know, but I am extra nervous right now.

"This is for you, babe..." he nearly out of breath said while never leaving my gaze. The people who were still watching turned to spot my reaction because it was totally obvious that I'm the woman to whom the song is dedicated, following the trace of my man's gape.

"Merry Christmas everyone..." Then his fingers slowly touched the strings of the guitar.

"It's the most beautiful time of the year. Lights fill the streets, spreadin' so much cheer. I should be playin' in the winter snow, I'ma be under the mistletoe..."

Before, I was just fancy dreaming to have a lover that'll tickle my heart. I was just reading this kind of scene from different romance books where the boy impresses his girl when he showcases a manly effort. I never expect that the feeling was undeniably crazy. Cause that's what I feel at this breathtaking moment. It's totally... crazy.

"I don't wanna miss out on the holiday. But I can't stop starin' at your face. I should be playin' in the winter snow. I'ma be under the mistletoe."

It's really happening! Oh my!

"With you, shawty with you. With you, shawty with you. With you under the mistletoe..."

I don't know why I'm being nervous every time he sings while fixing his eyes on mine, as if he was completely studying my soul. My heart just couldn't keep up at a time when his masculine- soothing voice passed through my ears. Mas lalo siyang guma-guwapo sa eyes ko tuwing naririnig ko si Third na kumanta.

"Aye love, the wise men followed the star. The way I follow my heart... And it leads me to a miracle. Ayy love, don't ya buy me nothin'"

He never fails to invade a part of my system. I couldn't ever think how far proud I am to have him as my half.

"'Cause I am feelin' one thing, your lips on my lips. That's a merry, merry Christmas.."

I feel like everything warmed up just by hearing the word lips. I suddenly remember what happened in the car. 

My first kiss.

I didn't bother dwelling on it at first and just remained muted that time throughout the car ride. But as I see his derisive smile, I instantly regret how I made the first move to feel his soft lips against mine.

Think how grateful I am when he didn't make a joke about it the following days? He probably knew I was feeling so shy because he was silent. His teasing mouth was shut.

"Kiss me underneath the mistletoe Show me, baby, that you love me, so-oh-oh..."

Third angled his head perfectly for me to sweetly smile. I lovingly returned the smile after mouthing, 'thank you'.

When he let go of the guitar, he immediately approached me to invite me home because parents had been waiting for us for a while.

Mom and Dad already arrived here this morning, planning to spend Christmas eve all together. We were all staying in Vilienthal's place cuz Third's parents wouldn't want us to be too bothered searching for a good hotel. And also, baka hindi ko lang alam na ang mapipili naming hotel na maganda ay sa kanila tapos hindi na nila kami pababayaran ng bills! So the mansion is really a great option. They indeed also offer all the necessities so we could definitely enjoy the frame of our three weeks vacation.

Pagkadating namin sa castle- inspired mansion nina Third, dumiretso na kaming lahat sa dining area para simulan na ng early ang Noche Buena. The table was filled with laughter all the way from the first course up to the dessert. Later on, we moved to the living room and express our fondness for each other when we opened our gifts from the Christmas tree.

11:22 PM, I noticed parent's eyes were falling. Mama and Tito Achelous were perhaps worn out from a long day at work. Ganoon din kina Daddy na may jet lag pa sa biyahe. Kaya hindi na ako nagulat nang magpaalam na silang aakyat na sa room to rest.

"Merry Christmas," everybody greeted before the parents went upstairs.

Watching our parents go up, I took a glance again at the paintings Vilienthal's family crafted and framed along with their signatures. From ancestors to Third and his parents. All signify different and deep meanings I haven't had any time to ask since I visited, because of our limited time. Wala pang painting si Third na naka- display sa wall ng stairs and I wonder why. And by whatever cue it is, there was a hole in the spiral wall of the stair. His work must be perfect to put there.

Someone squeezed my hand. I turned on my back and watched Thirding doing her snob brows some work. Hmm, nagpapapogi pa, pogi na!

"What?" I chuckled.

He kissed my hand and bowed like a prince. "May I dance you, Ma'am?"

All the time we were dancing like royalty to his vocals, I just keep on laughing and laughing that I can't stop whatever is coming out!

"Gonna use bathroom first," paalam ko kay Third bago siya iniwang mag-isa sa sofa beside ng Christmas tree. Nag- bow pa ako using my two free arms while bending a knee without touching the floor, to imitate his doings. I heard his laughing the way I turned my back the second time.

I'm drying up my washed hands in the comfort room when I receive a phone call from Via.

"Avi! Merry Christmas! " she greeted loudly.

"Merry Christmas..."

"Si Mia... Did she greet you? Hindi ko siya makausap, e. All her accounts were deactivated. I don't know a thing kung paano ko siya makakamusta."

I sighed. Drama is the last thing I want now. 

"Hindi rin... Let's just leave her that way. Maybe she's as happy as now."

"Weren't you worried, Avi? We do not know kung talagang safe nga-"

"She left the country with her parents. I know she's fine.. safe." I cut her off.

The line went quiet and all I could hear is her heavy breathing. "Sabi mo, e."

Not long enough, lumakas na naman ang voice niya. "Ano ba 'yan! Let's not think about it anymore! We should be happy and enjoy the season!"

Ngumiti ako na para bang nakikita niya ang smile ko. Soon enough ay nagtuloy-tuloy na ang kamustahan namin.

"Mag-subscribe ka sa channel namin ni Ralph, ah?"

She reminded me after ending the call. Napangisi nalang ako at napailing, remembering the words they ate.

"What took you so long?" Nakabusangot sa 'kin si Third when I made it to the living room.

I went near him and scratched the crease on his forehead. "Via called." 

"Why does she need to keep on calling you. It's yuletide season."

"Exactly! Because we're friends and girlfriends greet each other!"

He furrowed his forehead another time, until he pulled me down kaya napakalong ako sa kaniya. Holy crap. I almost straddle him!

"Noah." 

I automatically pulled away and sit on my own. I faced him while depending my back on the armrest of the sofa. He smirked and arched a brow at me.

"Don't do that again." 

He just shrugged his shoulder.

Lumipas ang minutes na wala kaming ginagawa kung hindi titigan ang isa't isa. Share teasing smiles... holding... squuezing... poking. Masiyado na akong kinikilig kaya I avoided na.

 "Weren't you tired? Let's sleep..."

He didn't respond, instead, he took my hand and feel it against his cheeks after kissing it. He then started humming while his eyes were closed. 

"Kiss me underneath the mistletoe, show me baby that you love me so, oh... oh."

I swallowed hard after I get a glimpse of the mistletoe from underneath behind their 15 ft. tall Christmas tree. What a tradition! I waited for him to open his eyes, and when he did, I hitched my breath.

He smirked. "Cause I am feelin' one thing, your lips on my lips. That's a merry, merry Christmas."

I discarded his hold on my palm underneath his cheeks and used it to cover his face. "You're so annoying!"

He chuckles, "What? I'm just singing."

I keep my mouth shut. Kung patuloy akong magsasalita, patuloy niya lang akong lolokohin at sobra na ang embarassment ko sa mga pinaparinig niya!

"Why are you always silent? Don't you feel the same way?"

I immediately looked up to him to defend my words. Of course, I feel the same way! He's testing me again!

"No-"

"Don't you wanna kiss me again?"

What?! Is that what he's referring to?

I brushed my palms into my face. "Noah, ano ba namang topic 'to! You are making me uncomfortable!"

Third laughed, as usual. "My baby is blushing! Why do you have to be so adorable..." He grabbed my cheeks and made my eyes focus on him. "I love you."

I stilled. Well, I already returned those three magical words to him through messages. But concerning this face-to-face matter, I'm freaking nervous! This is passively the first time I would tell it to him in person if I choose to!

I get that I don't need to be shy like what he always says. But I couldn't stop it! Siguro naman normal lang talaga lalo na I'm not used to intimate moment like this!

He arched a brow like he was low-key pushing me over the edge. I breathe heavily, concomitant with the brisk pounding of my heart. I don't want to disappoint him again this time.

I cleared my throat. "I love you."

He slowly twitched his lips, smirking, before looking up. "Can I kiss you underneath the mistletoe?"

What the frigging freak! I think there's a thing that's twisting in my tummy! Something that my body isn't comfortable with! Oh my! Does he really need to ask me? Nakakahiya kayang sagutin ang question like that!

If I say yes, it may appear like I'm thirsty for his kisses, right? But I wouldn't want to say no also!

What do I do? Should I just simply grab his face and give him the kiss he wants? And then what? We'll end up making out? Here sa sofa? No!

The battling thoughts inside my head automatically stopped when Third gently pushed me further to the edge of the sofa where I am leaning, before easily cupping my neck and giving me a long- deep kiss. He stopped for a while but didn't take too long to kiss me again harder this time.

I felt how firm his jaw is before pulling away again from the kiss. "I fucking love you so much, babe." He continued kissing again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345 80 43
A girl who grew up knowing only her name. Finding herself, searching for her parents. Came back to the cursed mansion, facing the queen. Dark memo...
2M 24.7K 48
Soon to be Published Solana's mother works as a maid for Yleo's family, but in an unexpected event her mother passes away. Before it disappeared fro...
96.2K 4.1K 26
Love at first sight, that's what Dominique Lorre Fuentes felt for her Best friend's Older sister, Celeste Rein Alegre. The first time she laid her e...
20.5K 408 52
Cajara Sisters #1 'I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime and I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine' *** Akira Natashi Cajara's...