Catch Me if You Can (Male Rea...

By aLogan11

(Y/N) had never gone to any combat schools in all of Remnant. So why did Professor Ozpin take such an interes... More

(Y/N) Bio
Vol 1 Part 1
Vol 1 Part 2
Vol 1 Part 3
Vol 1 Part 4
Vol 1 Part 5
Vol 1 Part 6
Vol 1 Part 7
Vol 1 Part 8
Vol 1 Part 9
Vol 1 Part 10
Vol 1 Part 11
Vol 1 Part 12
Vol 1 Part 13
Vol 1 Part 14
Vol 1 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 1
Vol 2 Part 2
Vol 2 Part 3
Vol 2 Part 4
Vol 2 Part 5
Vol 2 Part 6
Vol 2 Part 7
Vol 2 Part 8
Vol 2 Part 9
Vol 2 Part 10
Vol 2 Part 11
Vol 2 Part 12
Vol 2 Part 13
Vol 2 Part 14
Vol 2 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 16
Vol 3 Part 1
Vol 3 Part 2
Vol 3 Part 3
Vol 3 Part 4
Vol 3 Part 5
Vol 3 Part 6
Vol 3 Part 7
Vol 3 Part 8
Vol 3 Part 9
Vol 3 Part 10
Vol 3 Part 11
Vol 3 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 1
Vol 4 Part 2
Vol 4 Part 3
Vol 4 Part 4
Vol 4 Part 5
Vol 4 Part 6
Vol 4 Part 7
Vol 4 Part 8
Vol 4 Part 9
Vol 4 Part 10
Vol 4 Part 11
Vol 4 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 13
Vol 4 Part 14
Vol 5 Part 1
Vol 5 Part 2
Vol 5 Part 4
Vol 5 Part 5
Vol 5 Part 6
Vol 5 Part 7
Vol 5 Part 8
Vol 5 Part 9
Vol 5 Part 10
Vol 5 Part 11
Vol 5 Part 12
Vol 5 Part 13
Vol 5 Part 14
Ria Cdc Uipz Zi?
Vol 6 Part 1
Vol 6 Part 2
Vol 6 Part 3
Vol 6 Part 4
Vol 6 Part 5
Vol 6 Part 6
Vol 6 Part 7
Vol 6 Part 8
Vol 6 Part 9
Vol 6 Part 10
Vol 6 Part 11
Vol 6 Part 12
Vol 6 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 1
Vol 7 Part 2
Vol 7 Part 3
Vol 7 Part 4
Vol 7 Part 5
Vol 7 Part 6
Vol 7 Part 7
Vol 7 Part 8
Vol 7 Part 9
Vol 7 Part 10
Vol 7 Part 11
Vol 7 Part 12
Vol 7 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 14
Vol 8 Part 1
Vol 8 Part 2
Vol 8 Part 3
Vol 8 Part 4
Vol 8 Part 5
Vol 8 Part 6
Vol 8 Part 7
Vol 8 Part 8
Vol 8 Part 9
Vol 8 Part 10
Vol 8 Part 11
Vol 8 Part 12
Vol 8 Part 13
Vol 8 Part 14
Vol 9 Teaser 1
Vol 9 Teaser 2
Vol 9 Teaser 3
Vol 9 Teaser 4
Vol 9 Part 1
Vol 9 Part 2
Vol 9 Part 3
Vol 9 Part 4
Vol 9 Part 5
Vol 9 Part 6
Vol 9 Part 7
Vol 9 Part 8

Vol 5 Part 3

650 12 1
By aLogan11

(3rd Person POV)

Renata: We don't belong in this world... do we?

Renata sat on the hand of the Grimm, moving across the top of the mountain at night.

She thought back to all of the journeys they had, when it was them against the world. When she still knew little of her magic, when Aloysius had none.

When they fought together.

The Grimm lowered its hand as she got off of it, walking toward the flower. It was simple, a rose, with two flowers. Fitting...

Renata: One day this journey will reach its end.

She flicked a spark onto the rose, and as she walked past it one of the roses burned to ash, the other standing tall, untouched by the destructive force.

Renata continued on, the Grimm following behind her.

Renata: But until the darkness has engulfed the kingdoms, our war with destiny will see no end.

Soldier: Your Highness...

Renata turned, to see the soldier kneel before her, his eyes blank, glazed over as he looked down.

Soldier: Our plan to weaponize the Fire Reincarnate has been impeded.

Renata: By Ozma? He rises again for his sake?

Soldier: No, not the immortal... We were well prepared for his interference. A man has interfered... One that wants to defy fate and possesses magic.

Renata gasped.

Soldier: Regrettably, Your Highness, the issue is... your brother.

How was he back? He should be dead. She felt him die, she felt his heart stop.

Ghira, wearing glasses, paced back and forth looking at a piece of paper in hands, while his wife Kali, his daughter Blake, and Sun all waited for him to be ready.

Ghira then stopped pacing and took one last look at the speech he had written down, before sighing as his wife placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

Kali: Are you ready?

Ghira: Yes. It won't be easy for the people to hear, but the truth often isn't. I know they'll do the right thing.

Blake then came up and placed a hand on her father's arm, giving an affectionate snuggle. Suddenly, the three were taken by surprise when another hand patted on Ghira's back. He looked behind to see Sun.

Sun: You got this.

The three gave a brief look at Sun as he stood back and smiled. Ghira then opened the doors as his family and Sun stepped out of the home to greet the crowd gathering outside.

Some people in the crowd were wearing press badges and holding scrolls up to record the event. Others in attendance included Corsac and Fennec Albain, who were bowing their heads, as well as Saber and other Menagerie Guards.

Ghira stepped up to the podium and raised his hand to quiet the crowd down.

Ghira: Thank you all for assembling here. I wanted to take time to address some of the rumors that have been circulating around our island. I believe that it is important for the people of this territory to understand the truth. No matter how you feel about the human race, I think we can all agree that the event now known as the Fall of Beacon was a tragedy. A tragedy that will set both man and Faunus-kind back. While the main aggressor is still unknown, we do have official confirmation that Adam Taurus...

He glared at the Albains.

Ghira: The leader of a powerful splinter group working inside the White Fang, was partially responsible for these attacks. His actions not only tarnished the reputation of an organization originally created to bring peace and equality to all, but to our entire race. With each day that this man remains unpunished, it becomes increasingly difficult to condemn those that look down upon us.

The crowd started murmuring among themselves. Ghira raised his hand again to quiet the crowd down.

Ghira: Recently, a spy from the same splinter group set their sights on this very home. My own daughter, Blake, and her friend did their very best to apprehend this individual. While they were unsuccessful after being physically assaulted and seriously injured, they were successful in obtaining the assailant's Scroll.

Ghira took out the Scroll from inside his coat.

Ghira: With this, we have been able to ascertain that Adam Taurus has plans to overthrow the current leader of the White Fang, Sienna Khan, and take over the reins himself.

At this, the crowd started to loudly murmur in concern.

Ghira: His radical plans do not stop there, the documents on this scroll proclaim his next target to be Haven Academy and its attached CCT Tower. Their plan is to strike on the last full moon before the beginning of the Fall semester, roughly two months from today. I have sent my swiftest messenger to the government of Mistral, but I believe we have a greater responsibility. My relationship with the White Fang has been... an interesting one. Years ago, I led the organization to help try and create a world where I, and every Faunus who wished, could walk alongside the human race. And while I believe we made great strides toward this goal, it was made clear to me that the people both in and out of the White Fang wanted faster results. So I stepped down, and Sienna Khan was appointed as my successor. It's true that I do not fully condone many of her methods. What I do condone is what Sienna fights for: the idea that the Faunus and humans are, and should be, equal. Adam Taurus does not seem to have that goal in mind. What he has done benefits no one but himself. I think it's time that the Faunus showed the world that we are equals! Time that we snuff out this splinter group, and restore the White Fang to what it once was!

The crowd began to cheer at this remark.

Ghira: To do this, I think the answer is clear, we must go to Haven and protect it at all costs!

At this, the crowd suddenly stopped cheering, showing some hesitance. Ghira saw this and cleared his throat.

Ghira: Before we proceed any further, I'd like to invite my daughter to come and share her story. Not only as a former member of the White Fang but also as a survivor of the Fall of Beacon.

Blake stepped up to the podium and faced her father, who spoke reassuringly to her.

Ghira: You can do this.

Suddenly, a familiar voice yelled out from the crowd.

Ilia: TRAITORS!

Ilia uncloaked herself, wearing her Grimm mask and clenching her teeth angrily. Blake gave a surprised look before glaring back at her. Sun glared at her intensely.

Sun: Ilia...

Ilia: Cowards... After everything the humans have done to us, everything they've put us through, you're asking us to help them?

Ghira: I know we haven't been treated fairly...

Ilia: Where was their help when the Dust companies treated our people like slaves? Where was their help when Kingdoms hunted Faunus just for being who they are? Where was my help when my parents were killed in a Dust mine? WHERE?

Ghira: Young lady, progress takes patience and cooperation!

Ilia: The Belladonnas are the worst kind of Faunus! They want us to work with the same people that are trying to hold us down! If you truly, truly want to help your people...

As she spoke, Sun snuck through the crowd behind her.

Ilia: Now is the time to support Adam, not the Belladonnas! He will bring about the future that you deserve. And if you are unwilling to fight, know that the White Fang will do it for you!

Sun: SHUT UP!

Sun leapt out of the crowd toward Ilia, but she used her weapon to get out of the way and flee. When Sun landed, he looked around to see where she had gone, but no sign of her was found.

Saber: After her!

Saber and the rest of the Menagerie guards moved to chase down Ilia, while Corsac and Fennec exchanged evil smiles. Blake and Ghira angrily glared from the stage, while Kali had a worried look on her face.

(Your POV)

You felt bad for Oscar.

He sat on the red armchair, nervously looking around at the other teens as they fawned over him, trying to grasp the full situation without Ozpin or Qrow to fully explain.

Nora: Did he age backwards?

Jaune: He's possessed!

Ren: Or reincarnated!

Ruby: Oh! Isn't it weird?

Oscar: It is very weird, yes.

Qrow: Okay, okay.

Qrow emerged from the kitchen holding a cup in his hand.

Qrow: Let's all just take a second and remember that this is very overwhelming for everyone.

You watched as Team RNJR all stepped backwards together, nervously letting out a chuckle, as Oscar now spoke to Qrow.

Oscar: Thanks.

Qrow now turned to you, narrowing his eyes.

Qrow: Why are you not sayin' much?

You shrugged, fingering the blade on your wrist.

(Y/N): I suppose I've seen weirder things. But I suppose you would know about that, wouldn't you?

Qrow said nothing in response, taking a seat on the couch next to Oscar. Ruby and Nora had taken seats nearest to Qrow, while Jaune, Ren, and you had chosen to remain standing. Oscar shared a brief look with Ruby, who giggled, causing Oscar to blush.

You smirked, before slowly losing your smile as they kept on looking at each other.

Oscar: Ah, sorry!

He briefly looked away, meeting your gaze, but you had already changed it to smiling once more.

Oscar: It's just I've never really met Huntsmen and Huntresses before.

Ruby: Well, uh... we've never met a person with two souls! So, first times all around.

(Y/N): Hmm...

You noticed that Ruby, Qrow and Ren looked at you, before returning their gazes to the younger boy.

Oscar smiled and chuckled at Ruby before he heard Qrow clear his throat.

Qrow: Not to break up the whole 'getting-to-know-you' game, but we need to have a talk. Mind showing us your little parlor trick, kid?

Oscar groaned in response.

Oscar: Yeah, okay. Just so you know, I'll still be here.

The members of Team RNJR looked at him in confusion, but you were starting to figure out what was happening.

This Ozma figure must be the one that was immortal. Perhaps he was always present, or took over the body of the person. He clearly seemed to pop up in a lot of different times.

Perhaps that was what Edel meant all those months ago during the explosion at Beacon. He said something about a person always coming into power who seemed to be similar every time. Was this Ozma?

Oscar then lowered his head and closed his eyes. Suddenly, a green and white aura shined from his body for a moment, Oscar opened up his eyes, which were now glowing, and he smiled. When he spoke, you could hear a familiar voice overlapping with a bunch of other voices, including Oscar's.

Ozpin: It is so very good to see you again, students.

All of Team RNJR shared brief looks of confusion, Ruby looking to you for a bit longer. You didn't respond, choosing to focus on Oscar, or Ozma, or Ozpin for a moment longer.

Jaune: Wait, what just happened?

Ren: Professor... Ozpin?

Ozpin: Correct. And though I may be the one speaking, Oscar is still present mentally. He's merely handed over the control, so to speak. I'm afraid this all must be very perplexing.

Nora: And alarming, and bizarre, and just really kind of hard to believe overall!

Ozpin chuckled.

Ozpin: It's good to see you children still have your sense of humor.

He started to frown.

Ozpin: I know you've all been through tremendous hardship already. I'm sorry.

Ruby: I mean, it's not your fault.

Ozpin: It's all my fault.

As he continued to speak, Qrow got up and went back to the kitchen to get something.

Ozpin: I told you once that I made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this planet, and I wasn't exaggerating. I'm... cursed. For thousands of years, I've walked the surface of Remnant, living, dying, and reincarnating in the body of a like-minded soul. The Professor Ozpin you all met was not my first form, and clearly wasn't my last. It's... an extraordinarily strenuous process on everyone involved.

Jaune: So who... what... are you?

Ozpin: I am the combination of countless men who've spent their lives trying to protect the people of Remnant.

Qrow walked back into the room and handed him a cup of tea.

Ozpin: With every rebirth, my soul is eventually merged with another and I am changed, but my memories stay with me. This curse was bestowed upon me by the Gods, because I failed to stop Salem in the past. But we must stop her now.

Ruby: And how do we do that?

Ozpin: We start... by ensuring the safety of the Relic of Knowledge.

(3rd Person POV)

At night, Weiss awakened to find herself trapped in a cage and her wrists bound by rope. She looked around and noticed the bandits from earlier that took her. One of them was drinking, while the other noticed Weiss waking up, and chuckled.

Bandit Two: Well, well, well, look who's awake.

Weiss: Wha... what's going on? Where am I?

Vernal: You know...

She emerged from her tent.

Vernal: I never thought I'd see a Schnee in this camp.

Bandit One: Vernal?

The two bandits suddenly stood at attention. Vernal walked over to Weiss' cage, holding Myrtenaster in her hand. Weiss stood up, while her captor admired her weapon, and glared at her.

Weiss: What do you want?

Vernal: Straight to the point. I like it. We don't normally deal in trafficking people - not really worth our time. But, once we realized we had a Schnee...

She pointed Myrtenaster at Weiss.

Vernal: That changed.

Weiss: You're going to ransom me back to my father, is that it?

Vernal: It's a shame you're a Schnee. You'd probably do quite well around here.

Weiss: I would never sink to your level.

Vernal's expression then changed to a frown.

Vernal: Just keep quiet and cooperate and you'll be back in your mansion before you know it.

She started walking away from Weiss' cage.

Vernal: Don't make this complicated.

Weiss: What's going to make this complicated is when my sister finds out I didn't make it to Mistral. You know my sister, don't you? Winter Schnee? Special Operative of the Atlas Military? She's in Mistral now, and when she hears I'm missing, it won't take her long to find me - and you.

Suddenly, the bandits started laughing, much to Weiss' surprise.

Weiss: What's so funny?

Vernal turned back around, laughing.

Vernal: Oh, I don't know if it's more funny or sad, but you're clearly out of the loop. Your sister isn't in Mistral anymore. No Atlas personnel are in Mistral anymore. General Ironwood closed the borders and recalled all his little troops and tin cans. No one is coming to rescue you.

The bandits were once again laughing as Vernal walked away from Weiss, who closed her eyes forlornly.

(Your POV)

Nora: This is perfect! We were stuck at a dead end, but now, we can just take little cute boy Ozpin to Lionheart and have him set things straight!

Ozpin: Please don't call me that.

Qrow: We're not sure that's the best idea.

Nora pouted and groaned and went back to sit down next to Ruby and Ren.

Ren: But I thought the Headmasters all took their orders from you.

Ozpin: That was the intention. Four lieutenants I can trust, especially during times of reincarnation. But Qrow told me about your meeting with Leonardo.

Ozpin, or Oscar rather, got up and walked towards a painting of Mistral.

Ozpin: He isn't just behaving irrationally, he's disobeying specific instructions I had left him. Something's wrong. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I don't want to rule out any possibilities, either. No one outside of this room knows that I've paired with Oscar, and I think it may be best to keep it that way.

Qrow: Play things close to the chest until we get a better hand.

Ozpin: Precisely. Now, we have two steps ahead of us.

He turned around to face the rest of the group, as the doors opened and Edel walked in.

He glanced at Ozpin narrowing his eyes, a scowl coming over his face.

Ozpin: Ah, Edel. Where did you go?

Edel: Training.

Ozpin: That's it?

With that Edel left the room, heading off on his own. Ozpin turned away, looking towards you and the rest of the group.

Ozpin: The first is enlisting the aid of more Huntsmen.

Ren: But the Mistral council...

Qrow: Doesn't own every Huntsman in the Kingdom, and I've been here enough times to know where we can find some more.

Ozpin: So long as they're trustworthy.

Qrow: You can trust them to put up a good fight. I'll throw together a list tonight.

Qrow put his foot on the table, but his Semblance caused one of the legs to break and spill his cup of tea.

Nora: Good luck with that.

Qrow groaned as he cleaned up his mess.

Ozpin: After that, we can move on to step two.

Nora: What's step two?

Suddenly, Ozpin had The Long Memory in his hand.

Ozpin: Getting you five into fighting shape.

Team RNJR once again exchanged looks of confusion, while you nodded.

Ruby: But, uh, we already know how to fight.

Ozpin pointed to Ruby.

Ozpin: You can only fight so long as you have Crescent Rose, but you're still lacking in hand-to-hand combat.

Ruby: Well, uh, yeah.

Ozpin now pointed to Jaune.

Ozpin: Mr. Arc, I'm glad to hear you've improved, but sorry to say, you've yet to unlock your Semblance. All of you still have a-ways to go before you're ready to pose any real threat against Salem and her forces. And though Oscar can give me temporary control, he'll need to strengthen his body and his Aura. He'll inherit my muscle memory in time, but practice will expedite the process.

Ruby: But if Qrow's out looking for Huntsmen, then who's going to teach us?

Ozpin then propelled himself into the air with his cane, spinning counterclockwise into a barrel roll before landing onto the seat of the armchair, twirling his cane.

Ozpin: Well, I believe I was the Headmaster of Beacon Academy.

All of Team RNJR had various looks on their faces, while you figured it out. He would eventually take control of the person, while his skills, his mind kept with the new host.

Ozpin: We have approximately one month before classes resume at Haven. If Salem were to plan an attack, it would make sense that it would occur prior to students' return. It's not much time, but it's better than nothing. Just don't expect me to go easy on you.

Suddenly, he glowed green and white again, switching control back to Oscar. He had a hard time keeping his balance on the armchair before falling backwards.

Oscar: You've gotta be kidding me.

Qrow and Team RNJR looked on with various expressions again, as you smiled to yourself.

(3rd Person POV)

Back at the bandit camp, the two bandits have fallen asleep. Weiss noticed this, and silently used her Semblance to create a small summoning Glyph.

A small Arma Gigas appeared in her hands, sword at the ready. Weiss smiled before nodding at it.

Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 1.7K 11
(Y/N), a new transfer student to Beacon, has gained the attention of the school's youngest huntress-in-training, Ruby Rose. But what is it about him...
3.7K 85 17
A/N: so this is my take putting my own spin on making a RWBY x male reader They say life's all about a few moments, and in those few moments actions...
48.4K 856 76
Kamado y/n is a boy who lost his parents becous of grimm attack and was adopted by a former huntsman known as Urokodaki Sakonji and was trained by hi...
408 4 7
What if goku landed with the rose family and what can of training will he be in