Haikyuu Angst - Haikyuu x Rea...

By Website_Lady

A series of one-shot angst stories between the reader(s) and the characters of Haikyuu! x Female Reader . . ... More

ᴏɪᴋᴀᴡᴀ ᴛᴏᴏʀᴜ | Awaits The End
ᴋᴜʀᴏᴏ ᴛᴇᴛsᴜʀᴏ | Memories
ᴋᴜʀᴏᴏ ᴛᴇᴛsᴜʀᴏ | Same Love
ɴɪsʜɪɴᴏʏᴀ ʏᴜᴜ | I'm sorry
ᴡᴀᴋᴀᴛᴏsʜɪ ᴜsʜɪᴊɪᴍᴀ | Cruel World
ᴍɪʏᴀ ᴀᴛsᴜᴍᴜ | Realization
ᴍɪʏᴀ ᴀᴛsᴜᴍᴜ | Fallen Love
ᴏɪᴋᴀᴡᴀ ᴛᴏᴏʀᴜ | Life Story
ᴋᴀɢᴇʏᴀᴍᴀ ᴛᴏʙɪᴏ | Attention
ʙᴏᴋᴜᴛᴏ ᴋᴏᴛᴀʀᴏ | Her Letters
ᴋᴇɪᴊɪ ᴀᴋᴀᴀsʜɪ | My Moments With You
sʜɪɴsᴜᴋᴇ ᴋɪᴛᴀ | Her Dream and His Mistake

ᴍɪʏᴀ ᴏsᴀᴍᴜ | Forget Me, Not?

6.6K 98 63
By Website_Lady

"Even if you couldn't remember anything, I still want to be by your side."

_____________________________

"So this is the cafe you wanted to see so badly, right? Samu?"

Atsumu asked while a smirk appeared across his face with his arm folded in front of his chest.

Osamu nodded at his exclamation with his eyes focused on the building in front of him.

The building is extremely modern for a regular cafe that also has a usual chocolate color theme wall attached with glass windows to enjoy the outside view while sipping a nice beverage.

"Even though the cafe got their business just a few months ago, it already has great reviews for being a top-notch cafe in decades."

Osamu explained his willingness to come to the grandly new cafe.

The statement that he exclaimed might be an exaggeration when others heard about it, but it was indeed true.

Even though the cafe was grandly new, the restaurant quickly gained popularity and favoritism among the people either in or out of the neighborhood in which Osamu and Atsumu reside.

The quick-growing cafe was heard and spread the information of the place by many people, including to the ears of the wing spiker and food lover of Inarizaki High.

Miya Osamu.

Atsumu glanced at his brother before bursting out of laughter while patting his shoulder harshly.

"That's hilarious!! But seriously, why a cafe?! Aren't you going to open a--"

"It's the same work anyway. Although it's a cafe, it still has the general concept and services for what I'm going to do in the future."

Osamu explained with his usual deadpanned tone.

He gazed at the cafe before looking back at Atsumu, who was silent when his brother turned his head at him.

"Besides, life gives us many opportunities that most people weren't able to have. Since this cafe is close to our house, we should visit it."

Atsumu could only blink at Osamu's response that he didn't expect the statement entirely, then later he let out his signature lazy smile.

"Whatever you say, Samu. I just want to get the famous chocolate tart they're selling. I heard it tastes like the ones from a high-class restaurant."

Atsumu exclaimed while throwing a thumb up as he rushed to enter the cafe while leaving his brother behind.

Osamu, who could only look at Atsumu's bizarre behavior, sighed deeply with his palm gently placing it to his face.

When they entered the cafe, Atsumu immediately went to a cashier to buy the tart to package home as he waves goodbye to his brother then soon leaving him alone.

As for Osamu, he went his way to the corner while grabbing a seat near the glass window.

He grabs a menu that was placed on the table while moving its page to the recommended dishes.

'... They're all high quality.'

He thought amusingly while reading the description of them.

"... Good afternoon, dear customer~! May I take your order?"

Osamu raised an eyebrow when a sudden voice was heard as he looked up to find one of the waitresses.

It was a girl smiling full of welcome.

Osamu suddenly felt himself blushing at the sight but quickly shook it off.

"Ah... Yes. Can you explain more about the recommended dishes?"

Osamu asked with his hand pointing towards one of the pages on the menu.

The girl nodded, then looked towards the page he was showing.

When she saw the dishes he was pointing to, she immediately grabbed a small book inside the pocket of her skirt uniform.

She opened with her eyes moving from page to page as she was searching for the contents before reading them.

After she was done reading, she tried to explain them to him.

"Ahh, yes, dear customer. I recommend the Blackberry Cornmeal Cake. We prepared the dessert to have an immensely rich flavor. It is indeed a top-notch dish for those wanting a new complex taste in the dessert."

She exclaimed with her smile with her hand grasping the book tightly like it was something precious to her.

"But don't worry dear customer~ I absolutely guarantee it has an affordable price."

She smiled reassuringly while her thumb and index finger connected while forming it into a circle.

Osamu gazed at her with a rising eyebrow but still nodded at her exclaimed as he appeared with a small pleasant smile.

"I'll order it, as long as it's worth the flavor."

He simply stated his thoughts.

The girl's eyes widened with proudness then formed a wider smile that signifies happiness by his order.

"Of course, dear customer! Your dishes will be here in no time."

She exclaimed with her looking down at the book she holds while writing his order.

Osamu chuckled at the cheerful sight.

"Based on your excitement, you've must be new to this cafe."

She looked up then suddenly formed a blush with her hand brushing along her hair.

"... Yeah it is, dear customer. I think it took a lot of convincing to have permission to work."

"Well, you're doing good at your job."

Osamu bluntly exclaimed with his smile.

The girl's eyes widened by his unexpected exclamation before she smiled towards him.

"Thank you... I'm glad that I could experience working for once."

She smiled lightly with her gaze towards Osamu.

After a short gaze, she went back to writing down the order.

"... So, how's life taking you to.."

Osamu stated in a quiet tone with a short silence before he continues.

"... Y/N."

Her eyes immediately widened when he mentioned her name.

Her eyes that were looking at the book quickly raises her head towards Osamu.

Her warm smile slowly becomes awkward as she slightly bows with an apologetic expression.

"... I'm sorry if it's considerate rude, dear customer. But... how did you know my name?"

After she asked that very question, there was a short silence between them.

Osamu rests his finger towards his chin as he slightly averts his eyes before he gazes back at her.

"The name tag on the right side of your vest. It is your name, right?"

Osamu pointed towards her vest.

Y/N looked down then notice the name tag.

After knowing that, she immediately responded.

"... Oh yeah! Yes, it's my name. (Y/N) (L/N)."

Y/N smiled once again with her hand scratches along her nape.

After the awkward atmosphere, they both started to chuckle at their behavior as the small laughter lighten up the atmosphere.

"Anyway, since you know my name, what's your name? Dear customer."

"... My name is Miya Osamu. Nice to meet you, Y/N."

Osamu smiled.

But the smile was quite off as it appeared to be saddened when he introduces himself.

"Nice to meet you, hope we could be friends~!"

Y/N chirped happily while smiling back.

When she was done writing his order, she slightly bowed down as she steps aside and walks to another table.

But when she was skipping to the place, she suddenly stops in the middle of walking with her expressing confusion.

She looked back at one of the pages before Osamu's order then turned her head while walking towards Osamu's table.

"Hello, dear customer. May I take your order?"

Y/N stands up in front of Osamu's table.

Her expression was still smiling but her gaze towards him wasn't the same when they last talk.

Osamu also slightly widened his eyes and was taken aback when the question was asked again.

But, he quickly shook it off then proceed to smile normally at her.

"... I want to order the Blackberry Cornmeal Cake. Just that, please."

Her eyes were widened in excitement.

It was also the same gaze as it was before.

"Oh! Alright then, dear customer!"

Y/N immediately nodded.

She opened the book once more but when she was about to write with her pen, she immediately stops once she saw another writing of the same order on the page.

Her expression went blank as she looked back at Osamu with a saddened smile.

"... Forgive me. I can only guess you were confused by my attitude. I'll get your order right now."

Y/N apologizes as she slightly bowed down while trying to walk again to a cashier.

Osamu just stared at her back while she walks further away from him.

He looked down then he saw something below the table.

He bends down with his hand shoving towards the corner of the room.

When he successfully grab it, it turns out to be a cheap but beautiful bracelet in his hand.

'... If I'm not wrong, Y/N was wearing it before.'

He sighed deeply with still gazing deeply at the bracelet he was holding.

He slightly smiled.

'... You're still the same as before.'

---

After the Inarizaki team's afternoon practice on the next day, Osamu visited the cafe again without Atsumu this time.

Before he could enter the cafe, his eyes caught a glimpse of someone he knows.

He turned his head while looking at Y/N that was sitting beside a table with her book on hand outside the cafe near the glass window.

"... Excuse me."

Y/N turned her head towards the source of the voice with her eyes widened by a boy at her age.

"I want to give you back something you drop."

Osamu exclaimed while shoving his palm to her, revealing a bracelet.

Y/N's narrowed her eyes with her head tilted at the side as she immediately read the book in her hand.

When she was done reading, she looked back at Osamu while standing up from her sitting position.

She formed a smile.

"Oh my, I've must have dropped this. Thank you for this. I'll be more careful next time."

Y/N exclaimed while bowing down slightly.

After the statement, she straightens her posture with her hand receiving back the bracelet as she wears it.

"Your welcome. I'm glad I could help."

Osamu exclaimed sincerely with his hand resting in his chest.

After knowing that his purpose for being here is done, he turned around as he attempts to walk away.

But before he could walk any further, a hand suddenly grab his.

He abruptly stops his walking as he turned his head to see Y/N grabbing a hold of his hand.

"... I apologize if what I will say confuse you but..."

She muttered after the short silence as she continues.

"Do I know you?"

Osamu only looked deeply at Y/N with his expression was still monotonous about it.

"I mean... I don't think we met before but somehow... I felt comfortable around you..."

Realizing that she had already forgotten about their encounter at the cafe, he sighed deeply as he exclaimed with a reassuring tone.

"We did but we only met each other yesterday at the cafe."

Y/N's eyes widened as she subconsciously nodded at his statement.

"... I see. No more than that?"

Y/N asked with a slightly hopeful tone as he tilted her head with a curious expression.

"... Well, It shouldn't be more than that one encounter. We're still in fact stranger for now."

"... I understand."

Y/N could only smile at the statement as she opened her mouth again to continue.

"... I apologize... I thought you are the person that the book mentioned about."

Osamu tilted his head with a raised eyebrow as he subconsciously leaned closer to her.

"... A book? The one that you're reading right now?"

Osamu asked with his finger pointing towards the book she was holding.

Y/N nodded at his question

"It is. I don't exactly remember who gave it to me back then. But the book helps me throughout the year and it's quite special for me."

Y/N explained.

Her smile grew wider as the people around her could feel that the smile was warmer than before.

"... Should I help you find the person that the book mentioned?"

"... You want to help me?"

Y/N's eyes slightly widened in stunned when Osamu asked to help her with the situation that the latter even nodded in confirmation.

"I think... the person who gave you that book must be special to you in the past."

Osamu exclaimed.

His monotonous expression slightly changes into a small smile filled with reassurance.

Y/N blinked at his statement slightly disbelief but was quickly overwhelmed with the feeling of gratitude that someone was willing to help her.

"... Thank you, I'm glad I met a nice person like you."

She exclaimed until she remembered something urgent that she has to do.

"Excuse me but pardon me for a moment."

She slightly bowed down and went back to the table she was sitting beside.

She opened her book then turn pages to pages before began writing something to it.

'The day I finally found someone. I don't want to forget about it just yet.'

----

The following weeks after the short reunion the two have from their encounter at the cafe, Osamu began to visit the cafe frequently to meet Y/N.

"Who are you? The Cafe is closed at the weekend."

Y/N tilted her head when she saw Osamu heading towards her at the cafe.

"It's me, Osamu Miya."

Osamu would always be patient with that response that he receives every day.

Y/N looked at him for a moment before reading the book again as she tries to find his name.

"Oh! Osamu! I'm glad you could make it."

Y/N smiled awkwardly with her hand scratches her nape in embarrassment.

After realizing it, She opened the door to let the boy inside the cafe.

Osamu could only sigh at her behavior but he didn't actually mind it.

It was already a routine for him.

"Yeah... It's nice to see you again."

A routine that Y/N would not remember anything about it.

---

"You came back earlier than expected."

In a staircase near the entrance of the cafe, there can be seen a tall man wearing the cafe signature uniform popping his head to the lower floor.

"Yeah, the volleyball practice ended quicker than the estimated time. Pardon for the intrusion, Mr. (L/N)."

Osamu slightly bowed down in politeness.

The man nodded at his exclamation as he let out a chuckle while observing the customers around them.

"This place sure is pack with people every day."

"... Should I help you with the job, Uncle?"

Y/N exclaimed in a concerned tone after noticing his uncle's sweats under his neck and forehead.

The man laughed at her statement with his hand gently stroke her hair in reassurance.

"Just spend your day like what teenagers would do. Let your uncle do his job as the owner. I may be getting older but I ain't getting weaker by age."

He grinned widely with him letting out more laugher in an attempt to ease the worry that his niece has.

After reassuring her, His eyes looked back at Osamu in which the latter slightly straighten his posture intensely.

He grinned.

"You too, kid. Have fun with each other."

Osamu nodded at his exclamation as he replies to the statement with a grateful smile.

"I'll be in her care."

Osamu bowed down slightly in politeness.

But Osamu couldn't help to feel something unsettling about the owner

Even though the owner still wore a welcoming grin, the atmosphere around him feels strange.

----

When they had finished their activities inside Y/N's room that was located at top of the cafe, Osamu notices the sun was about to set behind the hill.

He packed up his things and exclaimed farewell to her.

"Thank you for having me."

"It was the same for me. Thank you for your help."

Y/N exclaimed with a cheerful tone.

She smiled warmly with her hand waving back as Osamu step down towards the stairs.

When he arrived at the lower floor, the current condition was quite deserted and quiet since it was the Cafe's closing time.

When he was about to open the door to exit, he heard someone stepping around the floor.

He turned around with his looking at the owner of the cafe.

"Osamu, leaving already?"

"Yes, It's going to be night so I have to go home."

Osamu explained with his eyes looking at the owner weirdly.

He already realized what he wanted to ask.

"So... Uncle. Do you want to ask about something? Like..."

Osamu went silent for a moment before continuing to speak.

"The relationship between Y/N and I? You looked quite suspicious of me from the first day I visited."

The owner raises an eyebrow before he let out a chuckle.

"... That's right. The way you act around Y/N was strange."

The man confesses his observation that he made towards them.

"Even though she asked you the same question over and over again, you still act as it was natural and didn't show any contempt about it."

The owner looked back at Osamu with his relaxed expression slightly turned tense and serious.

"... It's just my assumption but... You actually knew Y/N's condition. Don't you, kid?"

He inquired him further with his gaze didn't take off the high schooler.

After hearing his question, Osamu nodded at his statement without any sign of hesitation.

"You're right. I know about her condition. The reason she could forget the things that could easily remember by most people. I know all of it..."

Osamu exclaimed while looking at the ground before he looks at the man straight into the eyes.

"Y/N... She has Alzheimer's disease, right? A progressive disease that destroys mental functions which can also destroy memory."

The older man looked at him with slightly widened eyes before he narrowed his eyes towards him.

"You're right. She has it since she was young. The doctor that visited before also didn't know what the cause of it either."

He muttered in a disheartening with a mix of frustration tone.

Osamu, who's expression became tenser, clenched his palm with his eyes observe the cafe around him.

"Her parents also..."

Osamu muttered in a quiet and slight hesitation tone that also got the man's attention.

The owner of the cafe could only look back at him as he waited for his sentence to finish.

"... They died in a car accident, right?"

The moment when Osamu muttered those words, the older man raised his head with his eyes widened when he heard the sentence.

"... How did you know about that?"

The owner exclaimed in surprise but also slightly suspicious towards the boy.

"I was the one who reported the accident that night one year ago."

The owner only widened his gaze with his lips slightly parted away stunned.

"... That means, you're the one who..."

Osamu immediately nodded.

"I heard that... If I hadn't reported that day, the driver that caused the accident would escape and will receive no judgment for his crime."

When the owner was still silent and listened quietly, Osamu's expression slightly relaxed as he continues.

"After that accident, they asked me to come to the police station for further investigation. After that investigation, I was going to go home until I saw someone running past me with a book in her hand. I heard the book was entrusted to that person by the people who were in the incident and was meant to be a gift for her daughter that was still in high school so..."

Osamu stated truthfully about the events that have happened not too long ago

But then he realized that what he was telling wasn't his business to tell and that he shouldn't have stated such a thing.

"... I mean... I apologize. I shouldn't have said such a thing. I--"

"You don't have to apologize."

".... What?"

Osamu was stunned when the man raises his hand to signal him to stop apologizing.

"That night. If you didn't report, that bastard wouldn't get the punishment he deserves for killing my family."

He exclaimed in a saddened tone but still kept his smile appearing on his face.

"With that, you have my gratitude for getting that man what he deserves..."

The man muttered while gazing towards the glasses window beside them.

"... And all the things you did for Y/N. I'm truly grateful that Y/N has someone to call her own."

The older man exclaimed with his smile saddened but it was also relief at the same time."

"For a long time, she didn't have friends of her own. When the disease got worse, the doctor advised that she should home school instead to lessen the jeopardy because of her condition."

He exclaimed all of them in disappointment that the world just had to choose his niece to have such kind of disease at a young age.

"After her parents pass away, she's been living with me at the top of the cafe. I was always worried about her condition but..."

The man slightly widened his smile as he continues to tell the story.

"She is now doing just fine when the book that was supposed to give to Y/N by her parents appears in her school bag. Whoever helps to return it was a nice fellow."

The man finished his exclamation as he steps closer to Osamu with his right hand resting on his should.

"There's even a nice note at the front of the cover."

He exclaimed with his other hand been shoved into his pocket while grabbing a piece of paper.

"I've even written it down and keep it safe if Y/N ever lost the original one."

The owner gave the paper to Osamu in which the latter's eyes widened by the familiar context.

_______________________________

Dear Y/N,

Don't let something like a sickness hold you down.

Life won't wait for you and gives you free chances.

You will get many chances of satisfaction when you explore them, y'know?

- signed -

A Previous Classmate

________________________________

Osamu could only stare at the note in awe with a mix of nostalgia.

"They didn't sign their name but they do say it was Y/N's classmate. In her first year, Y/N also attend Inarizaki High before she was forced home school. Since you also attend the school..."

He concluded pointing his finger towards Osamu.

"That means you're the one who returns the book. Didn't you?"

Osamu was silent at the statement.

It was all true that he has met Y/N before in his first year.

"Yeah... It was me."

He response truthfully.

The man appeared a smile in the response.

"So... Do tell me, Osamu..."

The owner suddenly inquired again as Osamu raised his head while focusing on the next statement.

".... Why didn't you tell her everything about the book?"

---

"You're Osamu, right?"

Y/N asked with her head tilted in confusion in which her memory has like restarted from the day before.

"Yeah, that's right, Y/N."

"Alright! You're here! Come on, Uncle said he's reserving a table for us to chat! Free food too!"

Y/N exclaimed happily while grabbing his hand gently.

She pulled him towards the given table while still tightening her grip on the book with her other arm.

When he saw the book in her hand, memories flashed towards his head as he remembered the sentence that the man exclaimed.

".... Why didn't you tell her everything about the book?"

He could only think deeply about it as he sits down at the table with Y/N in front of him.

Osamu took another glance at her while seeing his reflection at the glass window.

'... Because there's no use if she's going to forget about it.'

Osamu glance back at Y/N with his hand grabbing a menu while Y/N is writing her day in the book.

'But even if she can't always remember me...'

He subconsciously smiles while still gazing at Y/N with cherished eyes and caring eyes.

Y/N notices the stare as she smiled back warmly at him in which a sudden unknown feeling inside Osamu appeared.

'... I still want to be by her side."

___________________________

-
-
-

[ €ŇĐ ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 4K 29
haikyuu!! one-shots written by a queer girl because i said so. contains: romance angst bromance shipping and the trash that is oikawa both characte...
15.7K 110 19
["ONE SHOTS"] [I don't own haikyuu] These are reader inserts~ I do requests: LEMONS, LIMES, FLUFF, ANGST, GENDERBENT, AU'S, MALE READER, basically an...
59K 2K 46
- 𝐚𝐭𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐮 𝐦𝐢𝐲𝐚 𝐱 𝐟𝐞𝐦!𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 -y/n, an informant from the shiratorizawa gang must take over the position of infiltrator for a frie...
995K 20.4K 36
【𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞】 ↳ ❝ 𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔞𝔫𝔤𝔰𝔱 ❞ ❏ started january 2020 ❏ haikyuu x fem!reader ❏ a...