The Not-so Happy Ending | ✓

By yourneighbourhoodcow

Not everyone gets their prince charming, now do they? Life is not a fairytale. Let's get real now, shall we... More

Author Note
Characters (Main Characters)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Characters (Part 2)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Lucas's POV
1 k Reads!!!!
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Character Interview (Part 1)
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Character Interview (Part two)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue: The End
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #2.5
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 1)
Bonus Chapter #4.5 (Part 2)
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #1 (Maddison & Lucas)

Chapter 16

1.7K 51 26
By yourneighbourhoodcow

(Amelia's Point of View)

"I love you. I love you Amelia." His last words leave me at shock.

Never in the world did I imagine someone like Ethan Turner to fall in love with me.

Do I love him? I don't know yet... I need some time to sort my feelings out. I know for sure that I like him, but love is a big commitment and I don't know if I am ready for it.

I look at Ethan and see that he has this nervous look in his eyes. Oh right, I am supposed to respond right now.

"Ethan... I like you, a lot. But I don't know about love... You know how love is this huge commitment and I want to be ready for it. I need some time to figure my feelings out. I like you so much and I can assure you of that." I say as I look up at him.

I see him grin and pull me closer. "That's all I need to know. And as for the love thing, you can take as much time as you want. I just wanted you to know about my feelings. I am happy to know you feel something towards me too." He says as he brings one of his hands to my upper lip and starts caressing it. He slowly starts to lean in and his hot breath fans my face. I close my eyes as I start to lean in as well.

Oh my god! I am going to have my first kiss.

Wait I have been unconscious for a day or so, what if my breath stinks?

How do you kiss?

All these thoughts run inside my head but are forgotten once I feel a pair of warm lips on mine. He starts moving his lips on mine as one of his hands caress my check while the other is wrapped safely around my waist. It takes me a second to respond because of all the feelings that are rushing through me right now. I don't even know how to kiss yet I am doing it right now. He licks my lower lip asking me for access but before I could do anything the door bursts open and we both practically jump and pull away from each other.

"Oh my god!" I hear Madison squeal. I hear Ethan groan in annoyance as he puts his head on my shoulder, I giggle in response and rub his back. "You just had to walk in didn't you?" Ethan mumbles. "Oh I am sorry. It's just that you guys were taking so long and I was getting too eager to know if you chickened out so I walked in... But I guess you guys made up pretty well." She smirks. "Shut up." I mumble as I look down to cover the blush forming on my cheeks. "Oh god I have to start planning baby names!" Madison squeals as she jumps up and down. "Woah, slow your roll. I don't need a mom 2.0." Ethan says with wide eyes. "Whatever." She says as she walks over to me.

"Now Ethan get your ass up and get lost. We need to have our girl talk." Madison says. "I don't care, I am not leaving." He declares as he snuggles his face into the crook of my neck. "God you're so clingy." Madison groans. "Shut up. She doesn't seem to be having a problem with it then why are you?" Ethan says, not even bothering to look up at Madison.

"You know your romantic love story is a little too cliche. I mean you kicked the guy and he somehow got caught in some under spell cast by you and now here you are." She says as she takes a seat.

"I must say that kick was the one that intrigued me." Ethan laughs.

I turn towards Ethan with a glare, "Well you asked for it." I say and see Ethan glup.

What? I can be scary if I want to.

"What the hell is taking so long?" Andrew says as he comes in. "You won't believe it. They kissed!" Madison squealed. "What! Chase get your ass in here!" Andrew yells as he comes towards us. "You guys finally confessed?" Andrew asks. I give him a small nod as I look back up at Ethan. Ethan smiles and gives me a small peck on my lips. "OH MY GOD! DID YOU GUYS KISS?" Chase's voice yells. "God yes we did! Now can all of you fucking idiots shut up!" Ethan yells annoyed.

Wow this is the first time I heard him swear...

"Oh shit he swore!" Andrew says with wide eyes. My face takes a look of confusion. What does he mean? "Oh Ethan only swears when he is like super duper mad or when he is... having sex..." Chase says once he sees the confusion on my face. "You just had to mention that didnt you." Ethan says with a glare on his face. "What's true, plus Amelia would be hearing it sooner or later, so..." Andrew says with a smirk. My eyes widen as I gulp. Sex? So soon? I mean I know how Ethan's sexual life was... But I don't think I am ready for it... yet.

Ethan notices how uncomfortable I am so he pulls me closer to him as if reassuring me. "You better shut the fuck up before I punch you." Ethan glares at them before putting my head on his chest and rubbing my back soothingly.

"Umm...Ethan you realise Amelia is still on your lap...right? Well um you guys may wanna sit properly before your parents or a doctor comes in." Madison says, after a few minutes.

I then realise I am still straddling him and a blush takes over my cheeks. "Right." He mumbles as he helps me off his lap. He places me properly on the bed and gets off the bed and takes a seat on the chair.

"We need to talk to Ethan alone. So if you will excuse us." Andrew says as he and Chase take Ethan by his arms and pull him out.

(Ethan's Point of View)

Andrew and Chase drag me out of the room by my amrs. "Guys what the hell!" I hiss as I pull my arms away from them. "Now tell us what did you tell her!" Chase says once we are in an isolated corner. "I told her I love her." I shrug as if no big deal, but I can't help but smile. She doesn't know if she loves me yet, and I am ready to wait for as long as it takes for her to know. "By the smile on your face I think she said she loves you back?" Andrew asks with a raised eyebrow. Oh I swear if she said she loved me back I would be jumping around and telling every single person about it. "No." I say. "Then why the hell are you happy?" Chase says as he runs his hand over his face.

"Well she said she doesn't know if she loves me yet. She said she knows she likes me alot, but she needs some time to think about love cause it's a commitment. And I am ready to wait." I say with a grin. "Who are you and what have you done to Ethan?" Andrew says in a serious tone. "What do you guys mean?" I ask, confused.

"You are too happy and jolly. Your eyes have this weird twinkle in it and you're all jumpy all of a sudden. In the past 4 years of knowing you, you have never. Never, been like this." Chase points out. "I guess this is what love does to you." I grin. "Oh my god my eyes hurt from seeing you smile so much. No offense or anything, I mean it's great to see you so happy but you may wanna reduce the smile cause you white teeth's shine is blinding me." Andrew says.

I know he is just kidding so I pat his shoulder and sigh. "I can't do that buddy. Now if you will excuse me I want to go back to Amelia." I say as I turn on my heels and walk back into her room with a huge smile on my face.

God, I really need to stop smiling so much, my cheeks are gonna get exhausted.

(Amelia's Point of View)

"Guys when can I leave this hospital bed?" I whine.

It's been two days since I have been in the hospital. The doctor didn't discharge because he wanted to monitor my health for any panic attacks or nightmares, and I haven't had any yet. Currently it's Monday, I had to miss a day of school today. Ethan, Madison, Andrew and Chase just came back from school to meet me. Ethan didn't want to leave me, but I told him he had to go so that he could get me notes so he went. "Calm down baby. You will be discharged today." Ethan says as he pecks me on the lips.

Oh did I tell you since the day we kissed, Ethan has been really touchy, not that I mind. He tends to call me 'baby' or 'babe' a lot, I do call him 'baby' sometimes, but not as much as he does. He also kisses me at the most random times and says 'I love you' randomly which makes my heart beat a 1000 times per second.

I have thought about my feelings for Ethan and I know it's more than like. I now know for sure it's Io-

"Hello?" Ethan's voice breaks me out of my thoughts. "Yeah?" I ask him. "You were zoned out. Everything okay?" He asks me with the look of concern taking over his face. "Everythings peachy." I smile and he leans down and pecks me on my lips, again. "God, it's almost as if we are not even in the same room!" Andrew grumbles from behind Ethan. "Shut up." Ethan says as he picks me up from the hospital bed and sits on the bed himself before placing me on his lap.

"So clingy." Madison snickers. "I don't mind." I say as I lean into Ethan's chest. I look up to see Ethan showing his tongue to Madison childishly. I swear I forget if he is 7 or 18. He is more childish than Adrain!

Ethan wraps his arms around my waist possessively (Did I mention he is very possessive all of sudden? No? Oops, my bad) and puts his head in the crook of my neck. "How do you always smell so good?" He asks as he kisses my neck. "Okay that's it. We are right here. You guys can do all of this kissy mussy stuff and flirting when we are not here." Andrew says as he puts his hands over his eyes. Madison slaps the back of his head, "Shut up they are so adorable! You just ruined their moment dumbass." She says.

"I can't wait to get out of this rock hard bed and sleep in my own bedroom." I sigh dreamily. "Is the hospital bed that bad?" Ethan asks me.

Last night Ethan didn't stay over at the hospital, I had managed to convince him to go home with a kiss. Sure he threw a huge fit and argued with his dad, but then I shut him up with a kiss and even though he was mad at me for convincing him to go home he went. He is such a sweetheart sometimes.

"It's horrible." I told him. "I see... Uh so we are going home soon huh?" He questions nervously. "Uh yeah? I mean you said I get discharged today." I say as I snuggle closer into him. God he is warm. "Yep you sure are. That reminds me I should probably go ask the doctor about your discharge and ask my dad to sign those paperworks and shit. I even have to make a few phone calls about the preparations." He mumbles the last part. "What preparations?" I ask, confused. "Nothing." He says too quickly. "Don't lie to me." I whine. "Well it's a surprise. Be patient baby." He says as he kisses my hair. "I don't like surprises." I whine ever more as I move on his lap. "Don't move." He says through gritted teeth. "Why not?" I ask, confused as I stop moving.

"Cause you're moving on his dick." Andrew says. My eyes widen as I gulp. "You just had to say that didn't you?" Ethan says as he glares at Andrew. "Whatever. It's true though." Andrew shrugs. "Anyway I gotta go make a few phone calls. I will be back soon." Ethan says lifting me off his lap.

I immediately miss his body warmth. He leans down and kisses me, but he keeps it short knowing that people are around us. He pulls away and kisses my forehead before exiting. "Oh my god. I find you two so adorable!" Madison exclaims. I blush and look down. "You guys display too much affection towards each other." Chase mumbles. "As if you and Andrew don't." I fire back. "We don't. If you haven't noticed we have never kissed once in public or in front of you guys. We are not a PDA couple." He shrugs.

Okay that just backfired. "Well neither are we." I say. "Oh sure you aren't. You guys haven't been able to keep your hands off each other." Andrew smirks. "Shut up." I mumble. "I still can't believe you guys are finally dating!" Madison squeals.

God she squeals a lot.

"We aren't technically dating." I point out. I mean he never asked me to be his girlfriend nor have I asked him. "What?" Madison looks at me with confusion written all over her face. "Neither of us asked each other yet." I point out. "Well I don't think that will be a problem." Madison mumbles. "Huh?" I ask. "Nothing. Anyway, do you know about your feelings yet? Do you know if you love him yet?" She asks me.

I think about it for a moment. Do I love him? He makes me happy. With him I feel safe. He makes me feel better about myself. He is caring and kind. He is the person who can make butterflies flutter in my stomach by just touching me. He can lighten up my mood whenever I am sad or mad. I love him... Of course I do...

I love Ethan Turner.

"Helloooo?" Madison's voice brings me out of my thoughts. "Yeah.. I do love him." I answer honestly. "Yes finally, when do you plan on telling him?" Andrew asks me. "Uh I don't really know." I mumble. "It's okay. Take your time." Chase says. I give him a small smile and nod. Not even a second later Ethan walks in. "Guess what we are getting out of this hell hole!" He smiles as he walks towards me. "We are?" I question. He nods and pecks my lips, to which I blush. "Mom is coming over with a few clothes of yours to change in and then we can leave." He grins. "Yes finally!" I smile. He laughs down at me and his left hand caress my check as the right wraps around my waist.

He leans down and kisses me and it takes me a few seconds to respond back because of the sudden action. My hands go up to his hair as I tug on his hair lightly to which he responds back with a moan. I guess he likes it. He tilts his head deepening the kiss. Before the kiss could get any further, somebody decides to cough awkwardly from behind us. Before I could pull away Ethan wraps his other arm around my waist pulling me closer to him, not at all bothered by the fact that people are in this room. He continues to kiss me and I respond back, lost in my own world where only him and I matter at the moment.

"Uh... guys, you may wanna stop. There is a kid in the room." I hear Madison's voice say. Ethan groans against my lips. He pecks me one last time before pulling away. When we pull away both of us are out of breath and are panting hard. Ethan leans his forehead against mine as we both compose ourselves from the heated kiss we just shared.

"You guys done or you want us to come back later...?" I hear Ethan's mom Jullie says, I quickly turn around only to find her with an unamused look and raised eyebrows.

"Uh sorry." I say as my face turns red with embarrassment.

I look around the room and find Madison smirking at me, Andrew and Chase are trying to hold their laughter in but they still look constipated, Adrian has a mixed look of horror and sadness on his face, Ethan's grandma and dad are standing behind Adrian with the same look as Jullie. "We just always have to get interrupted don't we?" Ethan mumbles, clearly annoyed. "Dear God." I mumble as I slap him on his chest.

"How are you so unbothered by the whole situation? I mean your parents and practically everybody just caught us making out." I whisper-yell in his ear. "You whispering in my ear isn't helping, it's instead making me wanna do it again." He whispers back, kissing my earlobe in the process. "What just happened?" We hear Adrian says interrupting the conversation I was having with Ethan. Before I could say anything he started talking again. "You guys kissed." He whispers as tears appear in his eyes. "Yeah..." Ethan mumbles. Before anyone else could respond Adrain dashes out the room.

(Ethan's Point of View)

Adrian dashes out of the room. I look at Amelia with confusion written all over my face, but then I realise what's wrong. I unhook my arms from Amelia's waist and push through the people in the room and run behind him.

"Adrian." I yell trying to stop him. He doesn't stop but runs even faster. For a 7 year old he is quite fast. I finally reach him and grab him by his arm and turn him around. I kneel down in front of him and take two minutes to catch some air. I was already breathless due to my make out session with Amelia and now running wasn't really helping. "What's wrong buddy?" I ask as I look at him. "You kissed her." He mumbles.

"I know I did but didn't you say you have moved on and Adrian she is 10 years older than you, come on!" I say trying to comfort him. "I know I said that but why did you kiss her-" He paused and gasped, "Wait you like her?!" he says stressing on the 'you'.

"I do." I grin. "And you were the one who helped me realise it." I say as I booped his nose. "I did?" He asks in a confused manner. "You did. Your plan worked" I laugh. "So I was like your- What do they call it again, cupid? I was your cupid?" He asks with a shine in his eyes. "Yes you were." I say smiling at him, hoping he would be in a better mood by now. "Well, that's a good thing at least... Hmm it's ok." He says to my surprise with a twisted smile.

"You wanna go back in? I am sure Amelia would be worried. Let's go see her?" I ask him.

He gives me a nod and I take his hand as we walk back to Amelia's room. I open the door and see Amelia on the bed, with her face down looking at the fingers on her lap as she blushed at something my mom was saying. My mom had a smirk on her face and a mischief glint in her eyes as she spoke. I look at my dad and see him giving Amelia a nervous smile as he tries to get her to stop talking while my friends are just looking at Amelia and are trying to contain in their laughter because of whatever my mom is saying.

God what is she doing now. "Adrian if you ever get a girlfriend, never leave her alone with mom." I mumble as I let go of his hand and make my way towards Amelia.

"Hey mom!" I say as I put my arm around her shoulder to give her a signal to stop saying whatever she was saying. "Oh hey Ethan! Me and Amelia were just talking." She smiles at Amelia. "What were you talking about?" I ask hoping it wouldn't be embarrassing. "Oh nothing you know the usual mother and daughter in law talk. You know that her ideal wedding spot is New York City and she wants a winter wedding? Isn't that lovely! I love the idea of a winter wedding. Wait what's your ideal wedding gown?" My mom asks as she turns back to Amelia. And there goes the last piece of dignity I had left out the window. "Mom... Stop." I say as a blush takes over my face. "Oh shut up. Anyway have you discussed when you want kids? Oh god I have names prepared too if it's a boy-"

"Mom stop it. We are 18 for crying out loud!" I say through gritted teeth. "Oh come on, I had you when I was 21. Plus I want grandkids before I turn old." My mom says as she pouted. "Uh Jullie I think that's enough." My dad says as he drags my mom backwards.

"I am never leaving you alone with my mom again." I say as I hug Amelia. I find it hard to not touch her if I am around her. "You know she had pretty much everything planned for our future." She giggles.

Of course she does, I wouldn't even be surprised if she had my wedding altar booked already. She has been going all crazy ever since I asked her to help me with the surprise this morning. "I know." I sigh. "I love you." I say out of nowhere and bend down and peck her on her lips. I love the way she blushes when I say 'I love you' randomly. But the next thing she says shocks me. "I love you too." She smiles and my eyes come out of my sockets. "Y-You love me?" I stutter. "Of course I love you dummy." She says as a smile takes over my lips. She loves me! This is the best day of my life!

"Say it again." I demand. "I love you." She says again. I swear my heart just skipped a beat. "Again." I say. I can't get enough of her saying 'I love you'. "I love you." She giggles. "I love you so much." I say and bend down to kiss her.

My lips claim her and move against hers, she responds back almost immediately. Before I could deepen the kiss someone pulls the back of my shirt and pulls me away from Amelia. "Every fucking time!" I groan. "Well it's not like you will care if there are people in this room, especially a kid so this is the only way to stop you." Andrew says as he lets go of my shirt. "Langage Ethan." My mom says with a sharp glare. "Right." I mumble as I start to make my way to Amelia again. "Oh hell no. You are not going near her until you guys reach home." Andrew says as he pulls me back. "What? Why not?" I ask. "Well you guys get too touchy and we don't need to see you guys suck on each other's faces, again. So now you can only touch Amelia once you reach home." Andrew says. "You are seriously trying to kill me." I mumble.

"We don't care now let's go out so that Amelia can change in peace and we can take her home." Andrew says. Everyone nods and leaves the room, I look back one last time towards Amelia and she sends me a flying kiss. I pretend to catch it with my hand and put it on my heart and give her a small wink which makes her blush. God, I love it when she blushes.

______________________________________________________________________________ 

I hope you liked this chapter! You can expect a new chapter by tomorrow. 

Make sure to vote and comment, it will make me the happiest person on earth :>

Thank you!

_______________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

737K 16.9K 23
(WARNING! Don't read this peace of crap! I made it up when I was.. like... 14? Still, it sucks 'cause I didn't give a shit about grammar but now I do...
2.2K 242 45
Senior year = Drama Amelia, a mysterious high school girl with no time for boys, fun and parties had the spark stripped from her ever since her fathe...
Heal Me By Hafsa

Teen Fiction

16.3K 621 22
“After my 16th birthday I have been repeatedly told that my Mum and Dad were very wicked people. They would beat me and even lock me in a room withou...
14.5K 393 15
I watched as he rubbed the back of his neck and turned around, walking away but stopping after a few steps and he turned around to face me, with a sm...