X-Men Evolution: Echo

Lilith_Deckerstar द्वारा

A group of people with extraordinary powers use them to fight those who have powers like them, but use those... अधिक

Strategy X
Rogue Recruit
Mutant Crush
Speed and Spyke

The X-Impulse

373 15 5
Lilith_Deckerstar द्वारा

Sometime during the night, Elena was awakened by a telepathic message from her father.

"Elena, prep the blackbird. There's a young girl whose abilities have been activated."

"Sure. Who is the girl?"

"Her name is Kitty Pryde, she's fifteen, and she lives in Northbrook, Illinois," He answered.

"Just let me get dressed first."

"I'll see you then."

Elena removed the arm from around her waist and the cover before swinging her legs to sit on the edge of the bed and stretching out her arms and yawning.

Logan wakes up, "Where are you going?"

"Illinois. There's a girl there whose abilities just activated, and Dad wants me to go get the blackbird ready, and sorry about waking you up," she replied.

"Don't worry about it and just come back in one piece, alright?"

"Alright and call me if you need me," Elena smiled before kissing him on the cheek, and he went back to sleep. Elena showered, brushed her teeth and hair before she went over to her closet, and took out her outfit.

Elena went down to the hangar and prepped the blackbird for the trip. Sometime later, Her dad and Jean came down, and they were off. While traveling in the Blackbird, Jean asks questions.

"Why just me and Elena? Why not all of us?" She asked.

"Because you and Elena are the ones who can connect with this girl," Xavier answered.

"I hope so. But how are we handling the other kid Cerebro spied out? The one in the foster home."

"Yes. Lance Alvers. Let me worry about that. I'd like you and Elena to focus on Kitty's parents. Remember, you're models of what we're offering them. No pressure.," He told them.

"And to think I passed up a nice, relaxing midterm for this," Jean muttered.

The three arrived at the girl's home and talked to her parents.

"What are you talking about? How do you know Kitty?" Kitty's mom asked.

"Please, may we come in for a moment? We'll answer all your questions-"

"Excuse me, miss," Kitty's dad interrupted Jean," You can talk to us out here."

"Very well. I think you know Kitty is going through a very unique transition. We simply want to help her through it. Why don't you tell us about last night?" Xavier asked.

"Last night is none of your business! Please, just leave us alone," Kitty's dad said before he and his wife went into their house and shut the door behind them.

"Next time let's just call and get hung up on. Less hassle," Jean suggested.

"You'll need to make contact with Kitty directly, at her school," Xavier told them.

After arriving at Kitty's school, Jean and Elena found her outside on the track field with her gym class. Kitty then runs off towards the school and bumps into Jean before moving around them and running off. They follow her into the school's auditorium, and they saw her phasing her hand through a bowl on the floor.

"Kitty? Kitty, are you all right?" Elena asked.

"That rah-rah Riley a friend of yours? Because I had nothing to do with what happened in the sandpit," Kitty told them as he got up and walked back to one of the fake walls, and picked up the mask hanging on the wall.

"We know. And we're not Riley's friends," Elena told her.

"Well, you two look like you'd be her friends," Kitty said before holding the mask up to her face.

"Kitty. There's no need for masks," Jean told her, as she and Elena walked onto the stage, and Kitty put the mask down.

"Kitty, we know what's going on," Elena insisted.

"You, like, don't know anything! And neither does that creepy guy out there!"

"Who, Lance? Forget about him. This is about you. You and your wonderful new gift."

"I don't have any gifts," Kitty scoffed at Jean, " Just a curse."

"Only if you let it be. I'd like to help you understand it. Together-"

"Look, I don't want any of this!" Kitty interrupted, "It's like, hard enough just being normal, you know?

"Kitty, I want you to watch me for a second. Please?" Elena asked before levitating the mask out of Kitty's hands and back onto the wall.

"How'd you do that?" She asked.

"The same way you can pass through walls. Just like you, one morning I woke up and I had this power, and many more along the way. And trust me, I hated it too," Elena said.

"I don't believe you! This is a trick!"

"No. No, you do believe me. I know because of one of my other abilities. I can read your thoughts."

"No! Stay out of my head! No!" Kitty shouted before running out of the auditorium.

"Kitty, wait!" Jean called.

A hand on Jean's shoulder turns her around to face Lance Alvers, the other mutant Xavier told them about.

"Piece of advice, red, curly. I'm the only friend that girl's gonna need. And I'll be teaching her what's what. So you just back yourself off," He threatened them before walking off. They went outside and sat on a bench before calling Xavier and telling him about what had happened.

"Sounds like Lance could be trouble," Xavier said, "If he bonds with Kitty, we may not be able to reach her."

"I agree. And he is reaching her," Jean told him.

"You and Elena have to stay with it, Jean. I don't want to lose her. Whatever obstacles get in the way, remember they can be overcome. Xavier out."

The call ended, and they went around the school looking for Kitty. Eventually, they found her with Lance, and they phased into the school's office.

Elena telepathically communicated with her father and told him of what had happened and he said that he would inform Kitty's parents. Not long after Jean and Elena changed into their X-men uniforms, Xavier showed up and Kitty's parents soon after. They got out of their car and ran up to them.

"Where is she?" Kitty's dad asked.

"She broke into the office," Jean told them.

"She's never done anything like this before!" Kitty's mom said.

"Elena, Jean, go with them. I'll catch up," Xavier told them.

Jean and Elena run off into the school with Kitty's parents. When they reached the office, Kitty's dad opens the door, and they see Kitty struggling to free her wrist from Lance's grip.

"Let go of my daughter!" Kitty's dad told Lance before running to him.

"Far enough, old man!" He then uses his powers to topple a bookcase on top of him.

"No, stop!" Kitty said as she tried to get out of his grip.

"They're just gonna confuse you, Kitty. We're out of here!" Lance said, before creating a hole in the wall.

"Kitty, please. We can work through this together," Her mom said to her.

"Let go of me!"

"We're in control now. We make our own way," Lance told her.

Jean uses her powers to remove the bookshelf off of Kitty's dad, and her mom helps him up.

"Kitty, I've pushed you to this, I know. I wanted to pretend nothing was wrong. I'm not perfect. I'm learning. Just like you are," He told her.

"Daddy?" Kitty cries a little at her dad's words.

"Forget them! Come on! I'm bringing this place down!" Lance then uses her powers to topple the ceiling. Jean and Elena use this telekinesis to form a shield around them and Kitty's parents from the debris.

"You called your gift a curse. If you go with him, I guarantee you it will be," Elena told her.

"Please, Kitty. Listen to her!" Kitty's mom begged.

"Sweetheart, we love you," Kitty's dad told her.

"They're too late! You're with me now!" Lance grips her arm and starts to drag Kitty along with him through his escape route.

"No! I'm not!" Kitty phases her arm through his hand and runs to her parents. Lance then becomes furious, creating a large tremor that accidentally causes the ceiling to fall in around her, then quickly leaves. Soon, the building collapses but bounces off Jean and Elena's shield.

"Jean, your powers. Use your powers," Xavier told her.

"I'm trying. It's too much," She said, struggling.

"I'll assist. Keep your mind clear."

"But Kitty-"

"Keep your mind clear," Xavier repeated.

"Don't worry Jean I'll help you," Elena told her.

"No! Kitty," Kitty's mom cried.

"My little girl," Kitty's dad held his wife closer.

As Kitty's parents are still grieving over the apparent loss of their daughter, Kitty phases through the rubble. Kitty's parents are overcome with joy as they see her alive and well, and Kitty walks over to them.

"Kitty. Oh, Kitty," Kitty's mom said as she and her husband hug her.

"Okay. Like, everybody grab onto me. I'll get us out," Kitty said. They all, except for Elena, place a hand on Kitty and phased out of the rubble, and walk to Xavier.

"Yes, Kitty. It is a gift. And you've used it well," Xavier told her.

"Mom, I'm so sorry. And, Daddy, these people, they, like, want to help me. I trust them."

"I know, sweetie. And so do I," He told Kitty, "Professor, I think we have some things to talk about."

"Yes, we do," Xavier agreed.

After talking with Kitty's parents, Kitty went up to her room and packed some of her things before heading back down and hugging her parents goodbye. Xavier, Jean, Elena, and Kitty got onto the blackbird and flew back to the Institute. While Jean and Xavier helped Kitty get sorted out and introduced her to everyone, Elena headed upstairs to her room. Using her new ability, She phases through the door and sees Logan lying on the bed, exhausted.

"Rough day?" Elena asked.

"Yeah, something like that."

"Let me guess: Sabertooth, "Logan nodded yes, Elena sighed," You know you could have called me for help, you know?"

"Yeah, but I handled it," Logan told her.

"I believe you mean: You, Scott, and Kurt handled it," She corrected.

"And I don't even need to know how you figured that out."

"One of the downsides of dating a telepath is that you can never lie," Elena smiled as she laid down on the bed beside Logan, "Let's go to sleep. We can deal with Sabertooth in the morning."

The two closed their eyes and fell asleep.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

8.7K 387 9
The X-Men are a group of mutants with incredible gifts and are task to defend the world even when those around them despise them. Y/n and the team c...
42.8K 2.5K 34
𝐗-𝐌𝐄𝐍.. Natural selection, the food chain, everything falls into place inevitably, whether we like it or not. Bonds break and get remad...
15.8K 444 17
In a world full of mutants, Olivia Peters does anything but stand out. All of that changes when the apocalypse dawns on the world. The world's first...
44K 1.3K 9
Charles Xavier and his new friend Erik Lehnsherr were looking for special people, with gifts much like them. Mutants. Charles had located one mutant...