𝐀𝐧𝐲 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬? (...

By clashgirl07

!!Completed!! After being held captive for months by the league of villains, you manage to escape and make it... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68

19

34.6K 1.1K 5.5K
By clashgirl07

"I wouldn't advise getting any closer."

"Still so many threats, even as you sit helplessly in front of me."

"You say I'm helpless but you haven't done shit to me. Pretty sure you're the one with the empty threats. Maybe if you didn't spend so much time listening to yourself talk, your lips wouldn't be so chapped."

He stood still and then began scratching his neck. "You know, I'm not sure why he wants you so badly, you would do nothing but harm to our cause."

"Again with all the pointless talking! Who the hell is 'he' and why does he want me here in the first place?"

The man didn't face you as he spoke, as if he was surrounded by his own thoughts. "He says that you are a key element in our plan, I don't think he knew how much trouble you would cause, how resistant you would be to his wishes."

You scoffed. "I think his first mistake was believing I would do anything to help the people who literally murdered my family right in front of me."

"Yes, it was a shame about the boy. I had intended to keep the two of you together, in order to make you more... compliant."

"You're sick."

"I simply do what needs to be done. He instructed us not to harm you... but he did not say anything about harming others."

"Well, you did kind of kill everyone that I care about so there really isn't anyone you can use against me."

His eyebrows raised. "So you really wouldn't sacrifice your pride for the sake of a stranger's life? Doesn't seem very heroic."

"I could not care less about what is 'heroic', I'm not doing what you ask."

"We will see about that."

He looked to the door. "Compress... bring in our guest."

----------------------------------------------------------

Your eyes shot open, everything was dark, you tried to get a bearing of your surroundings but for some reason, your eyes wouldn't focus.

You felt pressure squeeze around your hand and your head quickly turned to the side.

He was next to you, oh my god you were actually curled into him. You hadn't realized you had been holding onto his arm, and your face was dangerously close to his.

Bakugou's eyes were open, his hand was still on yours.

You let out a breath, trying to calm yourself.

"Hey... you're good."

You took another breath. "Yeah."

You went to roll over but he held on to your hand.

You looked back.

"There are things you haven't told us, aren't there?"

Your jaw clenched. "There are some things, that are better left unspoken."

He stared at you, a mix of emotions shining in his eyes.

You looked away. "I don't need your pity."

"I don't pity you dumbass I... respect you."

"Careful Katsuki, you're letting your feelings show."

"Tch, you're the one who said we were friends. And just because you piss me off doesn't mean I can't acknowledge the fact that you're strong as hell."

"Took you long enough to admit it."

"Whatever, we have class tomorrow shut up and go back to sleep."

It was hard to ignore the sting of disappointment when he let go of your hand and rolled onto his side, facing away from you.

----------------------------------------------------

A loud knock woke you up the next morning.

"Y/N get up, we need to talk before class begins today." It was Aizawa.

Your voice was groggy. "You couldnt have talked to me yesterday? It's early."

"Just get ready please."

"Ugh fine."

You sat up and rubbed your eyes. Your back was sore because of the night you had spent on the floor, and the blanket had been tucked around you.

You slowly got up and got yourself ready. Yawning, you stepped into the hallway and walked down to the bottom floor.

Nobody else had come out of their dorms yet, so the building was quiet. You grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen and stepped out to the front of the building.

Aizawa was standing outside.

"What is so important that you had to wake me up earlier than everyone else?"

"A few things have come up, that I figured you should be informed of." He began walking in the direction of the school building.

"Ok..."

He sighed. "After everything that went down in Kamino you're aware that I've had to meet with the police."

You rolled your eyes. "Please tell me those bastards didnt change their minds about arresting me."

"No, on that front you're still alright. But at some point they need you to come to the station and answer some of their questions."

"Questions?"

"Yes, we informed them of your captivity and all that happened between you and the League before you came to UA. They believe you may have useful information regarding their plans for future attacks."

"They want me to relive months of trauma so that they might be able to find out something useful?"

"I'm sorry, I did try to convince them otherwise but it was no use."

The two of you walked in silence for a moment.

"You'll be there when I talk to them though... right?"

He looked down at you. "Yes, I'll make sure of it."

You approached the school building.

"Principal Nezu also asked to speak with you before class. I don't think it's anything bad, he just wants to talk about a few things."

Why on Earth does the creepy mouse man want to talk to me?

"Uh, ok."

You went down the hallway and up a few flights of stairs. After taking a few turns you stopped in front of the door to the principals office. Aizawa knocked and a voice came from inside.

"Oh! Yes, do come in."

You walked through the door and into the office. It was a larger space then you had imagined, and the principals desk was on a raised platform. It made it seem like he was looking down at the two of you from where he sat.

"Eraserhead, Y/N, thank you for taking the time to stop by." Aizawa nodded and you stood still, something about the guy (other than the fact that he was quite literally a mouse.) gave you a feeling of unease.

"Y/N I wanted to apologize for not reaching out sooner, you have been through quite the ordeal in these past weeks."

"Oh really? Hadnt noticed."

Aizawa gave you an exasperated look, but the principal laughed.

"Yes, I have heard about your cheeky personality from some of the other staff members. They all quite admire you."

Did he just call me cheeky?

"Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that you are under the full protection of UA high! You have officially been signed up as a member of the hero course, and are on track to take your provisional license exam! Which Eraserhead will explain to the entirety of your class today."

You looked over to Aizawa and mumbled. "Why could you have not told me all of this? Did we have to come to his office?"

"I don't understand why you are acting like this. It may help to be appreciative."

You looked back to where Nezu sat. He had a small smile plastered on his face.

He gives me the creeps.

You gave a smile that did not reach your eyes. "Thank you."

He expression became pleased. "Yes of course, now just one minor detail. Now that the full extent of your quirk has been exposed to all of the students, you will be allowed to use it during training excersizes and exams. We simply ask that you do not completely overpower the other students, in other words do not put your full power into your abilities."

"Wait so I have to make myself weaker for the other students again? Wouldnt it be beneficial for them to fight against more powerful opponents, it could make them better heroes or whatever."

He continued to smile. "I do see where you are coming from, but we cannot allow forone student to completely surpass all of the others, and we also do not want to see your quirk grow out of control."

"But, if I trained with my full capabilities wouldn't that help me learn how to keep it under control?" You looked at Aizawa for help.

He shrugged. "She does have a point-"

"Those are the rules for you miss Y/N, if you are to remain under the protection of this school you must abide by them."

"Well I would hardly call this protection-"

Aizawa put his hand on your shoulder. "Thank you, principal Nezu. The two of us should probably be getting to class now. The other students are waiting."

"Of course." He said, his tone of voice remaining the same as it had throughout the entire conversation.

His hand remaining firmly on your shoulder Aizawa steered you out of the room.

Once you were in the hallway and the office door had been shut Aizawa spoke. "Nezu has the power to kick you to the streets or send you to the police. Your attitude was not a smart move."

"Listen I don't know who put him in charge, he's being ridiculous. Why does everyone keep holding me back?!"

"This is an upgrade from only using the speed at least."

"Yeah whatever, I just feel like he's doing this on purpose. Theres gotta be some reason behind his reasoning."

He put his hand on his forehead. "I understand why you have some issues with trust, but the man is just doing what he believes to be best for the school. Don't read into it too much kid."

"Fine."

You walked into class and took your seat. Bakugou was leaning back in his chair with his feet on the table. Yaoyorozu gave you a small smile as you sat down.

Kirishima and Kaminari walked in together and both waved at you. Kirishima gave Bakugou a look that seemed to ask a question, Bakugou rolled his eyes.

After everyone had made their way to their seats, Aizawa stood and addressed the class.

"I believe I mentioned this already, but your main focus this summer is obtaining provisional hero licenses." He looked at both you and Bakugou. "This is not something to take lightly, a hero license means that you are responsible for human lives."

Human lives were not something you liked to be responsible for. Everytime someones life had been placed into your hands, it had ended in their death.

"You can imagine that the exam to receive one is very difficult. Only fifty percent of students pass the tests required for the permits each year. In order to prepare, today you will be focusing on creating something new."

The door to the classroom opened and everyone's heads turned.

Standing in the doorway were the pro heroes Midnight, Cementos, and Ectoplasm.

Aizawa continued speaking. "Two ultimate moves."

The class began to grow excited, and Ectoplasm spoke next. "When we say 'ultimate' we mean a move that will ensure that you will win against your opponent."

Cementos stepped up next to him. "An action so unique to your identity that no other person can hope to copy it. Simply put, you must learn to lean into your strengths."

"Your moves represent who you are. These days most pro heroes have an ultimate move. Those who don't are fools." Midnight looked around the classroom.

Aizawa began walking to the door. "I know this may sound abstract but we'll explain more as the day goes on. For now, change into your hero costumes and meet in Gym Gamma."

Voices grew around the room as everyone began getting up to go to the changing rooms.

You sighed and stood up, you began following everyone out of the room but a voice stopped you.

"Hey, Y/N let's chat for a minute." You turned and Midnight was standing in front of the chalkboard.

"Uh, yeah sure what's up?"

Why is everyone in the mood to chat today I swear.

"I noticed while Eraserhead was giving his announcement that you were the only one who didnt seem excited about it."

You shrugged. "I just don't really have a need for an ultimate move."

"But imagine the possibilities! You could have the most powerful move of all, a move that ensures your victory and saves countless lives."

"I appreciate the encouragement, but I don't plan on becoming some big hero in my lifetime."

"But think of the praise you could receive! People around the country would be grateful for you!"

You shut your eyes. "Midnight, please I understand where you're coming from but I just don't see myself going down that path."

Confusion spread across her face. "Withyour power you could easily become-"

"I am sick of everyone trying to push their agendas onto me, for once can someone just respect what I want?"

She paused. "Forgive me dear, I just figured because of your-"

"With all due respect, you don't know anything about me. I need to get to class."

And with that you walked out of the room.

------------------------------------------------

The changing areas were empty when you got there, so you quickly put on your suit and walked to the gym.

The class all seemed to be occupied already, the gym had a variety of terrains and training areas. Everyone was working in their own space.

Aizawa walked up to you. "Your area is over there, try and come up with a move that utilizes all of your abilities." He pointed to an open area with tall cement blocks sticking up from the ground.

You nodded and walked over. Again, you really didnt have any idea for an ultimate move. But most of the class hadn't seen your true power yet.

You figured it would be fun to show off a little. I mean if they were already scared of you what was the harm right?

You warmed up a little, tossing different attacks into the air.

Around you your other classmates seemed to be thinking of what their move should be, and trying some different things out.

This time you threw some more intense attacks. You tried to utilize each one of your abilities in some way. 

You spent the entire class creating dramatic attacks, a personal favorite was manipulating the ground that surrounded you and sending chunks of rock around your body in a tornado-like fashion. The move was useful for both offense and defense, considering you could use the rock as a shield, or throw the individual pieces at an oncoming attacker.

At the end of class you were sweating and slightly out of breath, and the faint scent of smoke came from you due to the flames you had used a few different times. The material on your suit had not suffered a scratch though, and it had allowed for your movements to be much more agile.

I'll have to thank that girl again, this is awesome.

Standing up you wiped your brow with the back of your gloves and looked up.

Your classmates had all stopped what they were doing, a few of them had their eyes wide and jaws dropped.

You smirked.

------------------------------------

When class finished you walked with Ashido back to the changing rooms.

"That was insane, you looked totally badass!"

You laughed. "Thanks, you were looking pretty awesome too."

"Yeah I'm really glad we're actually doing some hero training."

The two of you stepped into the dressing room and Ururake walked up to you. "Your costume is amazing! And those moves you were doing out there were super cool!"

Tsu's voice came from the side. "Yeah, I didnt know you could do that much."

You smiled. "It was nice, not having to pretend."

Even if I did have to hold myself back.

Everyone finished changing and a few of the students went over to the room where you had gotten your costume yesterday.

You began the walk back to the dorms.

Halfway there you heard Bakugou's voice come from behind you.

"Hey dumbass, wait a second."

"Are you here to complain about me showing you up in class today?"

"You were showing off on purpose werent you."

You looked over. "Yeah."

"Well, the others may have been impressed but I saw through it."

"Saw through what exactly?"

He was walking next to you now. "You werent working on a special move, or even trying to strengthen your abilities. That was all stuff you already knew how to do."

You raised your eyebrows. "Yeah, so?"

"You told me before that you had no interest in becoming a hero, and now you won't even try to come up with an ultimate move, why is that? After everything that happened to you wouldn't you want to become a hero, and like make sure that didnt happen to anyone else?"

"Why is everyone expecting me to become some unselfish awesome hero? I mean shit, after everything I feel like I deserve to be a little selfish."

"Theres more than that."

"Why do you feel the need to analyze me all the time? It has brought you nothing but an ass kicking in the past."

The two of you walked up the steps to the dorm building and stepped inside.

"Listen, that life is just not for me. I would really prefer not to get into all the emotional details before I've eaten dinner."

"Fine."

You smiled. "You know I saw one last pack of those spicy ramen noodles, I think I'll have those tonight."

"THOSE ARE MINE DONT YOU DARE TOUCH THEM!"

You laughed, and ran to the kitchen.

By the time he caught up to you you had already placed the noodles in the bowl and were eating them happily.

He stared, his eyes narrow. "I hate you."

"Sure you do."

--------------------------------------------------

Heyo sorry for the late night upload!

Do you guys see the new cover! @nicstick made it and I absolutely love it oh my gosh.

I have the next few chapters planned and... idk if you guys are ready. I lowkey get emotional just thinking about it, and I am not an emotional person.

Next chapter will be up Thursday. thank you guys for 45k reads! I love all of you and am so grateful to everyone who reads and comments. I read every comment and they always crack me up (except for the ones slandering Y/N, those I don't tolerate.)

Goodnight!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 147 31
"You have the heart of a hero, kid. You just haven't realized it yet." When a teenager with a dual quirk named Ayaka Kurosawa is recommended for the...
8.2K 234 19
Izuku had a rough life, being quirkless and all, but when he get's captured by the heroes and forced into UA to be rehabilitated, he realizes he's sl...
Running By Ssss

Fanfiction

256 62 25
Photo cover: https://pin.it/6qItVJk This is a Reader x Bakugo But Y/n Likes 2 other boys that go to her school, y/n will have an option between the...
826K 32.5K 91
(Continues in books 2 and 3!) (Y/N) Kayama is attending one of the greatest hero schools in the world... UA! The faculty this year consists of a var...