Eternal life

By magusia333

One day, Young Saeng wakes up in hospital. He doesn't understand why he is so achy and bruised, yet what frig... More

Disclaimer no.1
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue
Disclaimer no. 2
Disclaimer no. 3 - cast pt. 1
Disclaimer no. 3 - cast pt. 2
Disclaimer no. 4 - table of names

Chapter 19

4 1 0
By magusia333

'I already told you 5 times, I don't know who is he...' The metal jangled Young Saeng hid his face in his handcuffed hands.

The police satiation was loud and hectic, even if it was already past midnight. He sat cuffed in front of the detective desk, separated from other by simple piece of plastic. Behind him was sitting a policeman, clothed in uniform and right in front of him was detective in his casual clothes, looking onto his computer screen, asking some questions, but barely looking at the suspect.

'Then tell me for the sixth time. Your statement is as following: you've amnesia and your new friend, helping you out is Kim Aeri, at that very moment operated in the hospital. You've gained new personality and started new life. Then some accidents happened, where you've been looking for your past and you encountered this man, whose name you don't know, that accused you for many crimes and he took his revenge by kidnapping and later stabbing acquaintance of yours.' The detective's voice was repetitive, he said following sentence on one breath. Young Saeng had no other option than to just nod, looking at his bloody hands. 'Then he proceeded to go near the edge of the roof and fell. You tried to hold him, but he slipped off and hit the ground. And you finally could call for help. Is that correct?'

'Yes.'

Detective looked at him. 'Yes what?'

'Yes, sir.'

The man behind the desk nonchalantly stretched. 'Then tell me one more thing. Where is his body?'

Young Saeng took a deep breath. He tried to hid all the emotions he was feeling in that moment. 'I don't know.'

'But you said he fell.' The detective took a pen and played with it, looking at the handcuffed man.

'But he did...' He sounded hopeless, as he was telling the truth, but no one believed him.

'Then why there was no body at the bottom of the street? That no one reported a body falling from the roof? The street was full of people.'

'I don't know...'

The man dropped his pen and put his hands under his chin. 'But I think I know. You're hiding something. Cut that crap with amnesia, tell me what kind of shady business you got yourself into and what was the purpose of pulling Kim Aeri into that. Why you stabbed her?'

Tears started to fall down Young Saeng's cheeks. He answered sniffing. 'But I really don't remember my past life... And I would never touch her...'

Interrogating man hit the desk, making the suspect flinch in fear. 'You're such a bad, dull actor. Tell me now or...' He tried to make a valid threat, but he got cut off.

'Inspector Lim, I'm sorry for interrupting, but we got the video surveillance data. Here you are.' The policeman, which appeared beside them, handed a flash drive to detective.

The interrogator made a displeased face, but hid it and thanked the policeman. He connected the device to the computer, clicked few times and finally was able to watch the video from the roof. Other detectives gathered and looked at screen in anticipation. He took the file from today and fast-forwarded it, until it show first movement.

Around the late afternoon two people entered the roof area, where one – woman – was dragged by a second person, a man. They talked for a while, but the video unfortunately had no sound. He tied her to the sign there and waited. Again, detective skipped few minutes, because in the statement Young Saeng was late there. Indeed, he showed up and everything went according to his story, including walking on the edge and falling down. Detective looked at the suspect, sitting there soundlessly, only with tears falling down and such a pain in the chest, that could eat him alive. His words were true.

Inspector Lim had to quickly think about this situation. He started to say his thoughts out loud, as he frowned. 'The video shows the correlation between your words and the events...'

'Then can I go already? Please...'

Detective cleared his throat. 'But I don't think you're clear. I will place you under arrest at least for today's night, until we'll unfold everything that happened. Take him.' He said that to policeman behind and pointed at suspect.

As earlier Young Saeng was drained of energy, he started to avoid the grip of the policeman. He couldn't leave it like that. 'Sir, please, I just want to check if everything is alright with her... Please let me go to the hospital... Come with me... I beg you!'

Inspector was tough and he didn't want to look bad in front of his colleagues. 'I can't do that.'

But the detective, which brought the flash drive again interrupted. He probably had more empathy towards the suspect, seeing him all sad and worn out. 'Sir, actually I wanted to go there, to check if when the victim will be able to give statements... I can go with him.'

'But the hospital was supposed to call us.'

'Yeah, they still didn't.'

Young Saeng raised his hands. 'Please, sir. Don't even take off those handcuffs! Just let me check, please.'

The interrogator sighed. 'Ok. Take two men with you.'

'Yes, sir. You and you, take him and come with me.' Two pointed police officers took Young Saeng under his arms and walked out of the station.

'They don't call with bad news.' The suspect's saviour said to himself, as he was leading to the car.

Young Saeng meanwhile tried to catch up with him. 'Sir, I don't know how to thank you...'

The detective suddenly halted. 'Just pray she's fine. I know her and I can't imagine that something would happen to her.'

The man froze. He thought the officer as ally, but it could be the opposite. He could be much worse. He swallowed saliva hardly. 'Me neither.'

***

They arrived at the hospital. One police officer was ordered to stay beside the car, while second with detective and Young Saeng rushed into the building. Aeri was operated in the one she worked in. They checked by the counter where is she and got the information that she's still in OR, so they run there.

As they got to the waiting room in front of it, they noticed many people waiting for the news. All the hospital crew, that was free at that time, doctor Ahn, clearly straight out of some surgery and Jisoo in her casual clothes hugging Yejun. All lurched in anticipation what will happen.

As the three man run into the room all gazes turned onto them. Aeri's brother stood up and got rid of his sad and anxious expression changing it to angry one. He wanted to approach Young Saeng, but was held strongly by Jisoo.

Right in this moment the door, where no one, beside stuff could go, opened. The main surgeon walked out. He was still in all of operation gear: apron, covered in blood, glasses with some spots and cap. He quietly looked around. Everybody in the room hold their breath.

He spoke. 'Who is from the family?'

Aeri's friend stepped out, dragging Yejun with her. 'Here.'

The surgeon bowed in front of them. 'I'm deeply sorry. There was too much of a blood loss. We couldn't do anything...'

Everyone in the room gasped, as they heard the tragic news. Ahn Chang-Woo headed to the front, raising his despairing voice. 'She's dead?! Get me there, the brain still can be...'

The surgeon stopped him and whispered. 'Chang-Woo, we were resuscitating her for more than hour. Her brain is dead.'

Meanwhile, upon such a heavy, bad news Young Saeng's legs gave up and he kneeled, still handcuffed. All of the room was filled with heavy atmosphere, few nurses started to shed tears. Yejun got out of arms of shocked Jisoo and run to man on the floor.

'You said you'll bring her back!' The teenager voice broke.

'I did say that...' Young Saeng looked up to face a fist. Yejun started beating him, but the man did not fight back. He just laid on the floor getting kicked, until his vision got blurry. People were too traumatized to quickly separate them. They've done that after a while, when Young Saeng was passing out.

He didn't feel any physical pain, beside the one crushing his lungs and ripping his heart to pieces. With last gaze he saw wall and the clock on wall, with showed the time and date of this fatal day. 

[Box for feedback, for better neatness. Please, leave your comments here.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 212 44
Seventeen year old Skylar Midnight always thought she'd been an ordinary girl; she knows exactly what to expect when it comes to a person with causal...
252 47 20
Aecha has a hidden past that she can't remember, and Min Yoongi, her demon boyfriend, is determined to keep her in the dark. Meanwhile, Kim Seokjin...
141 3 10
(might delete this story, it'll probably be rewritten though) constant night terrors drive a close group of friends to insanity, but what they've nev...
4.7K 881 26
๐Ÿ ๐— ๐…๐„๐€๐“๐”๐‘๐„๐ƒ โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ ร˜โ‚ตษ„โฑ โ‚ฎโ‚ณโฑค Aฬท ฬทKฬทTฬทHฬท ฬทfฬทaฬทnฬทfฬทiฬทcฬทtฬทiฬทoฬทnฬท โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ "A born devil might kill you effortles...