Infatuation (King George III...

By Mochi_De_Llama

"I thought I said not to cause any trouble, my dear." George chimes, playing with something in his vest pocke... More

*Important* Author's note
~1~ Preporations
~2~ The men in red coats
~3~ Solace for the shy
~4~ Pathetic prowess
~5~ Eyes that cut diamonds
~6~ Baking and bonding time
~7~ Pies, flowers, and the sound of dying laughter
~8~ Not so golden feeling
~9~ Breathless Pt.1
~10~ Breathless Pt.2
~11~ Kidnapped by a king
~12~ Sailing away from safety
~13~ Unease
~14~ Reciprocation
~15~ Silent slumber
~16~ Loose threads of a plan
~17~ England Pt.1: Undercover redcoat
~18~ England Pt.2: Arrival
~19~ England Pt.3: Home
~20~ Tea and townspeople
~21~ Shaken up stargazing
~22~ Through the quiet halls
~23~ Common introductions
~24~ The soft sounds of music
~25~ Stories to dream Pt.1 Child-like smiles
~26~ Stories to dream Pt.2 Questions and concerns
~27~ Stories to dream Pt.3 Unreal
~28~ A letter
~29~ My little linnet bird
~30~ Small piece of hope
~31~ Frustrations
~32~ Watching it burn
~33~ Tears in tea
~34~ Closed off confession
~35~ Communication and compromise
~36~ Red and restful reading Pt.1
~37~ Red and restful reading Pt. 2
~38~ Red and restful reading Pt.3
~39~ Soft, quiet, and calm
~40~ Helpful hands
~41~ You're my favorite subject
~42~ Teaching a broken winged bird to fly
~43~ Faltering hope
~44~ Coat of gray
~45~ Fields of green
~46~ The calming senses of hidden guilt
~47~ Golden glint
~48~ To listen, to reason
~50~ Forever to be dear to you
~51~ Curious questions
~52~ Sorrowful suspicions
~53~ Open, and honest
~54~ Our dearly beloved
~55~ Indecisive
~56~ Mid-day shower
~57~ Quiet moment
~58~ An evening to remember Pt.1
~59~ An evening to remember Pt.2
~60~ A nice little talk
~61~ Hues of white
~62~ Careful eyes
~63~ Life as it happened
~64~ Only you...
~65~ Early morning memory
~66~ Upon fond memories
~67~ A quiet fondness
~68~ Sincerity
~69~ Open up and one's soul will glisten

~49~ Sleepless

1.9K 69 175
By Mochi_De_Llama

*Edited: Proofreading*

Word count: 4052

Big thanks to my friends sskmskksksksksmsks for inspiring and to AnyaMae10 for helping with this chapter!

~~~ November 9, 1777 ~~~

°
°
°

Kate had braided my hair almost two hours ago. Marion had helped me with my nightgown, and George had tucked me into bed almost two hours ago.

I had laid there, curled in a loose ball under the warmth of the covers - my vision blocked by my closed eyelids while listening to the rain tap lightly against the windows from outside.
Yet, I couldn't sleep; for almost two hours I sat motionless, trying so desperately to get my mind to drift off but it never did - which didn't help my tired state, and I had no clue why.

My room was dark, the only light coming from the slits in the closed curtains on the two windows which cascaded the soft white-blue moonlight onto the floor.

I felt uneasy - almost scared or disappointed in myself as I lay on my left side in my bed, my head on the gray pillow while covered in the warm embrace of the sheets and covers. I stare at my pocketwatch with a nervous expression, my mind numb with thoughts as my thumb grazes over its face.

I go back through the 'uneventful' days of the last few weeks in my head - which mainly consisted of being carried everywhere, cuddling or sitting by the fire, on the couch, or on the bed, picnics on the balcony or outside every few days, doctors visits, being read to, or being held.

All of which involved a certain male that had been on my mind for many reasons —

A soft breath leaves my lips as a sharp, yet still soft knock sounds from the doorn - snapping me from my thoughts as my gaze flicks up to my window.
I slowly sit up, my hands resting in my lap as I look at the door and the soft yellow light the seeped in from under it.
I exhale away the nervous feeling in my chest, slowly pulling the covers off my frame as I slide off the bed and stand on the cool floor beneath me.
My gaze falls and I run my thumb over the face of my watch before setting it down on the nightstand and turning on my heel as I dust off my nightgown and walk over to the door with slight caution.

I open it slowly as my eyes land on a blonde female and two guards, their frames illuminated by the small lamp she held in her hand - the small fire seemingly dancing on the wick of the candle inside.

"Marion..." I breathe, my voice soft and laced with a not-so-pleasent lack of sleep.

She smiles a kind smile, setting the lamp on the floor - the handle gently clinking against the metal corners as it falls.

She looked tired, her green eyes no more than half lidded while her blonde hair fell down her back in loose, messy curls. She wore a small, dark colored shall-like cloak that was draped over her shoulders, the front being held together by her left hand - a similar, dark gray blanket hanging over her left arm, to hide the simple, white nightgown that covered her pale skin.

"I'm so sorry to have to wake you at such an hour dearie." She says, trying to keep away the sleep that laced her words together and I shake my head, opening the door wider before stepping a little ways into the hall.

"No, please don't apologize, you're alright. I couldn't sleep anyways." I say shyly, my braided hair falling over my shoulder. "Is something wrong?"

"Not...necessarily." She says, handing me the thin blanket as I glance at one of the guards. "I know it's late, and we hate to be a bother at such a time, but I need you to come with me."

A cautious, yet confused expression sat on my features as I hesitantly take the blanket from the blonde, wrapping it around my shoulders as I realize how cold it was in the hallway, taking some comfort in the warmth of the blanket.
Marion smiles, clearly tired as she picks up the lamp from its place on the floor before making a motion with her head as I step out into the hall, closing my room door.

"Did something happen?" I ask, following a little ways behind the blonde as she shrugs.

"It's his majesty." She says, holding the lamp a little higher as I quicken my pace slightly.

"Is he ok?" I ask in a worried tone, barely catching her soft chuckle as she nods.

"He's...alright. Just drank a little too much is all, Seabury and Warner are with him in his study." She says and I turn my gaze to the floor as I listen to the rain outside, not sure on whether to feel relieved or worried.

~~~

The lamplight flickers against the cool castle walls, casting a soft light and dark shadows on the hallway as thoughts race through my head.

My sleepless state had been getting the best of me; the passed few nights having been restless.
I slow my pace for a moment as I yawn, covering my mouth with my blanket covered hand, the sounds of classic British rain against the window panes keeping me awake along with the worry.

My hands grip the warm edges of the blanket, pulling it tightly over my shoulders as I walk through the castle's hallway, my bare feet touching the cold carpet.

I turn my gaze to the rain stained window on the opposite side of the hall as we stop in front of a familiar pair of dark doors.
I hear Marion clear her throat as she knocks sharply on the wooden door and I turn my gaze to her frame before she turns to face me, giving me a small, comforting smile - yet one that held an almost worried undertone.

One of the doors open moments later and a curious expression sat on my face as both Warner and Samuel make their way out of the study, Samuel closing the door partly before turning to face Marion and I.

"(Y/n)." Samuel says in a hushed tone as he gazes down at me - his eyes showing he too was tired.

"Samuel." I say back kindly, glancing at the crack between the doors. "What's going on?"

"It's...a long story." Samuel says, "He's been having some rough nights- he's restless, has had nightmares about you- losing you."

"Me?" I breathe, tilting my head a little to the side - a few strands of my (h/c) hair falling out of the braid Kate had so carefully done that evening.

"It's been happening for the past few days, on and off." Samuel says, clearing his throat. "But, it was never as bad as it was tonight. Warner suggested a small drink- just to ease and get his mind off things before he retired for the night. We didn't think he'd drink to this point...again- we should've realized it beforehand..." he mumbles, glancing at the door as I furrow my brow.

"Again? He's done this before?" I ask and Samuel winces slightly, realizing something as he looks back at me, shaking his head.

"It's not my place to talk about such things." He says quickly and Warner sighs.

"What Seabury is trying to say is that his majesty has relapsed in a sense. We're not sure what's caused it other than stress, but he doesn't believe us when we've told him that you're alright or resting." Warner explains, clasping his hands behind his back as an almost guilty expression sat on Samuel's face.
"He refuses to go anywhere or do anything until he sees you, sees that you're in good health or at least breathing."

I nod slightly, thinking back to my father as a empathic feeling tugged on my heart.
"I'll...see what I can do. Can you three wait out here?" I ask and they nod.

I slowly make my way passed the two men, and Marion, pushing on the right wooden door to reveal the dimly lit room of the male's study - the warm, soft crackle of the fireplace making the left side of the room feel very cozy.

My gaze falls upon the desk in the back center of the room and a saddened look of concern falls on my face as I see George slumped over his desk, his head resting on his right arm as a glass of alcohol was grasped loosely in his left.
His crown was on the desk, sitting next to his arm and a bottle of dark, golden colored liquid, both reflecting the orange glow from the fireplace.

"George..." I breathe, stepping closer as the fingers on his right hand twitch and he inhales a soft breath.

His frame moves slowly, sitting up to lean back in his seat as he looks up, his gaze falling on my timid, blanket covered frame. His cheeks were flushed a soft red - stained with dried tears and his eyes held a sense of panic and fear - an emotion you didn't see often from George.

"My- my love..." he says softly.

A saddened smile tugs on my lips as his expression changes to one of relief, his chest falling before his cheeks turn a deeper shade of soft red.
He slowly draws his hands up to his face, hiding his now, fairly noticeable blush as he rubs his forehead.

"George-" I breathe lightly as I realize how much of the bottle he had emptied, my eyes glancing between the bottle and the glass on the desk.

Sighing, I calmly walk over to the desk, stopping in front of it as I grab the tall bottle, looking at it with slight distaste before I notice the male's hand reaching for the glass - which I quickly grab away from his reach.
"No no, you've had enough." I say in a slightly stern tone as the male exhales an almost heavy breath and leans back more.
I take a quiet breath, softening my tone.
"You're going to get sick."

I turn, walking over to right side of the room as he softly chuckles.
"I'm...sorry." He says in a shy, slurred tone and I lightly shake my head.

"It's alright. You have been having a rough few days, so I've heard." I say as I place the two items on one of the shelves on the bookcase, out of the male's reach as I hear him place one of his hands on the desk.
"I'm sorry that that's been happening by the way-"

I jump a little and turn as the sound of a chair moving back reaches my ears, my eyes falling George as he rises from his seat, cautiously making his way towards me as his hand held the edge of the desk.

My brow furrows ever so slightly as I watch him concentrate his unfocused gaze on the floor, trying not to trip over his own feet as he slowly walks over to me - stumbling a little.
"My sweet...angel." His words were slurred, his glossy blue eyes holding a pained look while his left hand touches my cheek as if I were made of glass.

He inhales a shaky breath and I gasp lightly as I feel his arms wrap almost protectively around my waist, pulling me into a hug.
"My l-love-" he whispers, the feeling of his soft breathing against my neck sending shivers down my spine - more than I would like to admit.
"I'm so glad you're okay." He says, his voice sounding broken.

I pause, wrapping my arms around his torso while wondering how bad the male's nightmares were.

"I'm okay, George- I'm here." I whisper, slowly rubbing circles on his back as he pulls me closer to him, now confirming the fact that he couldn't physically get any closer to me.

After a few minutes I slowly pull away, looking up at his drowsy, yet saddened expression - his arms loosely hugging my waist as I slowly bring my hand up, my fingers resting just under his jawline - his bright, baby blue eyes full of a strange affection I still didn't want to think too hard about.
I calmly place the back of my hand against his forehead, feeling the heat radiating off of him as I chuckle.
"You're going to regret this tomorrow, George."
I gently remove my hands from his forehead and jawline, placing them on his chest as I adjust his shirt collar, laying it flat before dusting it off and fixing his jacket.
"We had better get you to bed, you can sleep this off."

George's eyes slowly fell to my hands, which were still resting on his chest as a blush rose on his already flushed cheeks.
I take notice, shyly chuckling and pulling away from him before offering my arm as support, which he willingly took.

"Alright. Come on, big guy." I say softly, slowly leading the male to the door before stepping out into the hall.

"Would you like help?" Samuel asks, noticing the male swaying slightly as I shake my head and smile.

"I'll be ok. This isn't my first time with...intoxicated people. All I ask is that someone put the fire out." I say, chuckling softly as I move George's arm, placing it over my shoulder.
"Marion, can you bring up a small bucket, a glass of water and some towels please?" I ask.

Marion smiles, nodding as she takes the lantern and walks down the hall.

"Are you sure you don't want us to help you?" Samuel asks and I turn my attention back to the two males as I step forward - George stumbling slightly as he leans against me, his head resting on mine.

"I'm sure. You all can retire for the night if you wish." I say.

"Can we trust you-"

"I won't try anything, I promise." I say, cutting Warner off as I nod. "Good night, gentlemen."

~~~

George continues to stumble every so often, whispering slurred words of nonsense to himeself as he leaned on me and we slowly make our way through the halls of the castle, my only light being from the evenly spaced windows.

I take a deep breath and rack my brain, trying to remember to the best of my abilities on how to get to the king's quarters as I listen to the symphony of rain colliding with the glass.

"Come on." I whisper kindly and the male softly chuckles, humming to himself.

I look up after a moment, feeling a sense of relief washing over me as I stop in front of a pair of doors. I take a breath, opening one of the large double doors and revealing the male's familiar room - that sat coated in darkness and moonlight peeking through the curtains on the balcony doors and windows.

I walk through the room, leading the slightly stumbling male over to the left side of the bed when he slowly stops.

"George, is something wrong?" I ask.

"My love..." he says softly, "you're really...alright. I'm...so glad."

"George." I exhale a soft chuckle and the male hums in response as I adjust his arm, trying to support his larger frame. "Let's get you in bed, alright?"

He smiles, opening his eyes halfway.
"I...love you." He says, walking with me to the side of the bed as I chuckle.

He stops by the side of the bed, standing in front of me as he places a hand on my shoulder, slowly leaning down as I tilt my head up to look at him.

"George-"

My soft voice gets cut off as George plants a gentle kiss on my lips - the taste of alcohol lingering on his as I close my eyes, placing a hand near his shoulder as he leans forward ever so slightly. He kisses a little harder and I kiss back before the male moves to my cheek, leaving small kisses until he gets to my jawline and I tilt my head back a little.

I hold the fabric of his jacket a little tighter, inhaling as he kisses my neck and I tense at his unfocused attention to the sensitive area -

I stop my mind from fogging over - silently scolding myself as I gently push the male away and look down, clearing my head before slowly sliding the edges of his jacket down off his shoulders and arms, taking the fabric off his frame before draping it over my arm.

I set him down on the side of bed, shaking away the nerves as I exhale once again, stepping closer to and resting my right hand on his cheek and he smiles.

I shake my head, biting the inside of my cheek as I calmly bring my hands up, carefully taking the gray, powdered wig off the male's head to reveal his cocoa brown strands of hair.

I carefully set the wig on the nightstand next to the bed before turning my attention back to George - my fingers ruffling his brown hair before calmly moving to the cream colored bow around his neck. I gently pull on one of the ends, sliding it off his neck before my hands move down to the buttons on his vest - my fingers sliding each one through the slit before I take off the vest from the male's torso.

I turn, picking up the wig and walking over to and setting the items down on the mirrored nightstand before making my way back over to the male.

My eyes seemingly study the pair of white suspenders that sat over the male's relaxed shoulders before they move to his sleeping face.

He leans forward, wrapping his arms around my small frame as I gasp lightly.

"I love you..." he says softly, his head resting by my chest and I chuckle.

"Do you?" I ask jokingly and he nods, nuzzling my shoulder.

"I...love you...more than tea. More...than love." He says, his words slurring and I laugh lightly.

"Really? That's a lot of love." I say in an amused tone and he chuckles, holding me tighter.

"I know."

I then gasp as he leans back, pulling me down and across the bed with him. I lay on top of the male, propping myself up with my elbows, which sat by his head.

"George-"
I gasp again as he turns so we were laying by each others side, his arms still around my waist to hold me close as I place my hands on his chest, my cheeks dusted a dark red as swift knocks sound from the door.
"Y-your majesty." I say quickly, my cheeks burning as he buries his head in the crook of my neck.

I inhale, gently pushing on the male's chest as his hold tightens.
"Y-your majesty please-" I whisper.

The knocking from the door reaches my ears again.

"C-coming!" I call out, my voice cracking as I push against the male's chest.
"George-"

"No." He murmurs simply and I bite the inside of my cheek.

"Please? I won't be gone long- I just need to get the door."

George groans softly, his brow furrowed a little. "You're...trying to leave me. You're going to...get hurt." He says lowly and I shake my head.

"I'll be right back. I-I promise." I say softly and the male moves his head, sighing after a moment.

"You...better come back. Please..." he whispers.

I don't waste any time, practically scrambling to get out of the bed before stumbling to the door, a little out of breath.

I open the left door to see Marion, who smiles, the soft glow emanating from the lantern on the floor by her feet.

"Sorry I- his majesty is very-"

"It's alright. Here's these." She says, handing me a small bucket, and some towels along with a glass of water. "I'm sending some guards up, if you need anything, please tell them so they can come get me." She says and I nod, adjusting the items in my hands.

"I'll be alright. Go get some rest, you look tired." I say and she smiles.

"I'm only a few floors away if you need help. Goodnight, dear child." She says, giving me a small curtsy and I nod.

"Goodnight, Marion."

I turn, pushing the door gently closed with my foot before walking over to the side of the bed.
"George." I say, listening to the male weakly hum in response as I set the items aside from the glass of water down on the floor by the nightstand.
"Can you come drink some of this for me, please?" I ask, looking back at the bed as it shifts.

George slowly moves, sitting up as his upper body sways a little - clearly being a lot more drowsy than he was moments prior.

"Here." I say softly, handing him the glass as he carefully takes it, his partly closed eyes concentrating on it as he lifts it up to his lips.
I take one of the larger towels, unfolding it before placing it over the male's pillow and looking back at him, to see he had seemingly dozed off, the cup sitting loosely in his hands on his lap.

I calmly take the cup - the familiar, nervous and flightly feeling seeping into my skin, as the male opens his eyes, still drowsy as I pat the pillow and the male looks over before slowly moving to lay down on his side.

I take small, slow breaths as I set the cup down on the nightstand, jumping a little as the male touches my hand.

"Please, stay..." he whispers and I take a breath, a nervous look in my eyes.

"I-I just need to finish something." I say back and George sighs, nodding his head slightly as his hand gently falls away from mine.

"Don't go...too far." He breathes and I turn, my breathing quickening a little as I look up at the rain-filled windows - my mind racing and my nerves pinching my skin.

Was I really willing to leave him? At a time like this?

I bite my lip, holding the blanket tighter as my gaze shifts to the door.

'...stay.' I tell myself, taking a few deep breaths as I calm myself at least a little. 'He stayed by your side you when you needed it...so why can't you step up and return the favor.' I silently scold myself, my gaze shifting once again as I push away and block out the nervous feeling the best I could.

I hesitantly step more towards the foot of the bed and carefully slip off his heels, setting them on the floor by the bed before I grab the blanket that sat draped across the bottom, pulling it closer to me and covering the male's frame.
I walk to the head of the bed, fixing the blanket on his shoulders as he exhales and shifts. I carefully place the back of my hand on his forehead, feeling the heat that still radiated off of him before I run my fingers through his brown hair for a moment.

I take a small breath, hesitantly sitting down on the edge of the bed, next to the male as he stirs, drowsily moving closer to me as I hold my arm out, wrapping it around his shoulders as his head gently falls down on my chest, his hand on my abdomen as I fix the blankets once again, making sure he was warm.
My thumb slowly rubs his shoulder, holding the sleeping male close.

"...try to sleep well, your...George." I say softly, my free hand tracing the side of his cheek as I tilt my head back.

My eyes stare up at the top of the canopy bed before they slowly close, my mind blank for only a moment before it drifts to thoughts of the sleeping male and his question from weeks before - another one of his questions I found myself stuck on.

Could I truly be happy, with him?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

810K 66.3K 39
"This story is WOW!!! How I wished it didn't come to an end!" - chysungal "Did you kidnap me?" he asked. Gigi's eyes widened and she shook her head...
98.4K 3K 28
I watch as she pulled his head back and slit is throat, the blood spewed out. I felt like I was about to vomit, Victoria had a wide, frightening smil...
972 56 21
Before I begin, I just want to say that this story does include some mature themes. I will also give out a warning a chapter prior to these scenes. ...
241K 14.3K 60
{18+ COMPLETED} A war that destroyed the world. It came and it went, leaving death and chaos in its wake. In the resulting turmoil England has split...