Jawbreaker • John B Routledge

Von lutessamercer

"She tastes like candy star chaser" "Would it kill you to smile?" ON HOLD out... Mehr

JAWBREAKER
Cast
000
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027

008

8.6K 181 40
Von lutessamercer

Saturn groaned as she rolled over, her head was pounding and it didn't help there was a loud ringing blaring through the house. She squinted her eyes open to see a pair of feet right next to her face. 

"Ew JJ." She scoffed shoving the limbs away from her and reaching for her phone that was still ringing. 

Incoming Call from Rafe

"Hello?" As soon as she answered the phone she yanked it away from her ear again as she could hear yelling on the other line. "Where the hell are you? We're supposed to be on the golf course in an hour!" Saturn furrowed her eyebrows as she struggled to push herself into a sitting position, running a hand through her messy hair. 

"Fuck I forgot, I'm on the cut and I don't have my car can we go tomorrow?" She cringed knowing he wasn't going to like that answer. "Tomorrow? No we can't go tomorrow, send me your location and I'll come get you. I'm assuming you need clothes too?"  The blonde girl hummed in agreement shaking her head as her brother scoffed on the line. "Of course you do. I'll be there soon." Saturn sighed when the line went dead and quickly sent him her location. 

"You okay?" Saturn looked up to see John B coming out of his room in a pair of shorts. "Yeah, I just forgot I was supposed to go golfing with Rafe this morning." She explained rubbing her aching head. She let out a groan when JJ's leg jerked and kicked her on the back, this collision caused him to shoot up into a sitting position before moaning in pain as he held his head. 

"Who let me drink this much? Saturn you've killed meh." The blonde boy whined collapsing into the girl his head falling onto her legs. John B just gave him a look of distaste before heading into the kitchen. "You golf?" The brunette asked as he grabbed two water bottles and handed them to the teens on the couch. 

"Yeah, golf, cricket, tennis, horse back riding all that stupid shit." She said gratefully taking a large sip from the bottle trying to ease her migraine. "Damn a girl of many trades." JJ commented before letting out a loud belch. Saturn and John B shared a concerned look the girl shooting up from next to him. 

"If you're gonna yak can it not be on me?" She pleaded moving her body behind John B's. "I'm fine, false alarm." The blonde concluded rubbing his stomach slightly. "No but seriously how much did we drink last night? I don't remember anything after you started dancing on the kitchen island." JJ confessed causing John B to look at Saturn like she was insane. 

"Heh, yeah my last memory from last night was you naming my toes when we were outside waiting for John B." The said brunette was beyond confused and slightly jealous at all that he had missed the night before but kept his mouth shut. 

"Ah yes, how is Reggie and the kids?" JJ teased leaning forward to peer at the girls perfectly pedicured toes. "Leave Reggie alone." She snapped trying to hide her feet causing JJ to laugh evilly before taking a drink from his water bottle. 

"Oh god, you're so loud." She complained as John B looked between the two unsure if something had happened between them the night before. "No you." 

Incoming call from Rafe

Saturn's phone had started to ring again causing both the blondes to complain at the volume. She quickly declined the call before heading out to Rafe's truck to get her clothes. 

"God you look like a mess." The 18 year old commented taking notice of the clothes that clearly weren't hers as well as her bare feet, her toes dancing in the sand. "I don't even get why you're hanging out with these fucking Pogues." He added shaking his head in disgust as he eyes the house behind her. His eyes lingering on JJ and John B who stood in the doorway. 

"They're my friends Rafe."

"Whatever, go change and let's go." He said turning down to his phone in his lap. Saturn rolled her eyes but headed back into the small home with her clothes and sneakers in hand. "He literally wants us dead." John B commented as the two boys trailed Saturn causing her to nod before heading into the bathroom and changing. 

"Probably." She said her voice muffled slightly by the bathroom door. Saturn sighed as she looked at her reflection realizing how rough she looked, her hair was a mess and she had makeup running down her face so she grabbed a washcloth and wet it before scrubbing her face to remove the product. 

Once she was satisfied she pulled her blonde hair into a pony tail before pulling her white vizor onto her head to prevent the sun from blinding her. "Okay Tiger Woods." JJ whistled when she stepped from the bathroom and took a seat on the couch to pull her socks and shoes on. 

"I'm probably going to die out on that course today." She said causing the two teen boys to chuckle. "I feel like there's a fucking rave going on in my head right now." Saturn added as she tied her shoes and stood to her feet. 

"You'll be fine, we'll see you later okay?" John B said as they followed her to the screen door. "Yeah, I'll catch you guys later." She responded giving them both a small smile before heading down to Rafe's truck where he was waiting impatiently. 

"She's so hot." JJ swooned causing John B to scoff and shove his friends shoulder back into the house. "Shut up dude."

--

"You literally suck." Saturn taunted as her brother over shot by a few feet. "Oh shut up." He responded shoving her shoulder lightly. Saturn's headache had not gone away, in fact it got worse as she stood in the hot Caroline sun. 

"So...can I ask you something without you totally freaking out on me?" She asked as they headed towards the golf cart to go to where their balls had landed. "Depends." He responded taking her golf club and sliding it into her case before climbing into the passenger seat, Saturn had always demanded that she drive the golf carts, ever since they were younger. 

"Are you okay?" Her question caught the older boy off guard slightly not really sure how to answer it. He stared ahead as she stopped the cart but neither made an attempt to get out. "I just, I know you've been doing stuff other than pot. And I'm just worried about you, that's all." Saturn's voice was soft, she didn't want to anger her brother but she also knew that he needed to talk to her. 

"I'm fine, it's just sometimes when I party okay? I'm not doing it all the time." He said. And it wasn't a complete lie, it had just started out as harmless college fun but when he got home and there weren't parties everyday he still found himself craving and consuming the product that numbed all his pain. 

"Rafe, please promise that that's all it is okay? Because if there's something else going on we can figure it out, I'll help you-" 

"Just stop! Okay? Can't you ever just stop?" Rafe's sharp voice made Saturn shrink back slightly, it wasn't her intention to make him mad but she had every right to be worried, his behavior had been changing and well not everyone could tell she could. 

The boy sitting next to her was turning from her brother who she loved and shared everything with to some beefed up dick and she was less than pleased. "I'm just trying to look out for you-"

"Well stop! I don't need you to look out for me. I promise that that's all it is, but I'm done talking about this with you. Let's finish this hole." Rafe stared at Saturn for a second, he felt guilty at the heartbroken expression on her face that she quickly covered by cleaning her throat and turning away. He didn't apologize, however, and instead got up and grabbed a golf club. 

Saturn sat behind the steering wheel for a few more moments trying to collect herself, she had no idea what she could do or say to get through to the boy but she wasn't going to stop trying. Their father had given up on Rafe the second their mother died but Saturn wasn't going to do that, she saw the potential he had, the power he could hold. And she was going to do everything in her own power to make sure he became the man she knew he could be. 

Saturn would do that for anyone in her family, regardless if none of them would do it for her. She would die to protect any of them, even Sarah who hated her guts, she'd throw herself in front of a moving car to safe her family. 

Author's Note

HEY GUYS!!

SO I FEEL LIKE THIS CHAPTER KIND OF SHOWS SATURN'S UNDYING LOVE AND LOYALTY FOR HER FAMILY REGARDLESS ON HOW THEY TREAT HER. AT THE END OF THE DAY SATURN JUST WANTS TO BE LOVED BY HER FAMILY AND SHE'D DO ANYTHING TO GET THAT LOVE.

BUT ANYWAYS

THANKS FOR READING

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

222K 11.4K 44
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
143K 4K 57
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
950K 58.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
104K 3.7K 36
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...