The CEO's Wife

By ShabanaTheStar

❝ We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross paths for a reason ❞ Ibrahim Qureshi, 29-years-ol... More

before you read
copyright
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
bonus one
bonus two
epilogue
gratitude

chapter eighteen

35.1K 1.8K 310
By ShabanaTheStar

A week passed by. Mawra was yet to come back to the Qureshi mansion. She was feeling homesick and requested Ibrahim to let her stay at her parent's place for a while, he agreed reluctantly; just for her sake. She did not mention when will she come back though and that made him feel restless for some weird reasons. He missed waking up next to her, making fun of her and spend some quality time with her. He just missed her so damn much.

It wasn't like she has stopped coming to the office, she does. But their relationship is strictly professional there, just like she has wanted it to be. He combed his hair with a bored expression whilst staring at his phone on the dressing table. Checking every now and then to see if there were any calls from her. He called her this morning, but Mawra didn't pick it up much to his annoyance and he didn't try the second time, thinking she must be asleep or something. But he was impatient for her call nevertheless.

Ibrahim sighed as he picked the phone dejectedly and walked out of his room, mentally preparing for another exhausting day. He was in no mood to eat, but knowing his mother she wouldn't send him without having breakfast and so, he headed straight to the dining room.

"Mom, I'm getting late." Ameen's whining voice was heard the first thing as he came in and took his seat.

"Shut up and eat." Salika shushed him with a stern look and that was the end of the argument. Her stern looks can be so terrifying sometimes.

"Why are you not eating anything, Ibrahim?" he was distractedly playing with the spoon when his mother asked him that, giving her a blank nod Ibrahim began to eat.

Ameen smirked knowingly while Usmaan was too busy with his breakfast, he loves his food. Especially the ones made by his wife, "Salika, baby. The breakfast is amazing like always." She blushed at his comment and smacked his arms playfully.

"Mom and Dad, your married son is sitting in front you," pointing at his brother and then at him," and so am I, have some shame." Ameen teased his parents, who just shrugged nonchalantly.

"I'm just complimenting my wife, she deserves to be appreciated," Usmaan replied with a cheesy smile, as he savoured his breakfast. Salika hits his arms again, while Ameen grinned at his parents. They're just so adorable.

"Mom, I will come home late tonight," Ameen informed, whilst not meeting their gazes.

"Where are you going?" Ibrahim asked as he gulped a glass of orange juice.

"Going out with friends." Ameen looked down at his plate, praying that they buy his lie. He hated lying to his family, but special circumstances called for it.

"Take the driver with you then, I don't want you to drive your bike so late at night. Can't repeat the last mistake again." Ibrahim added and saw his brother agree whilst heaving a sigh. Even though Ameen's actions were a little suspicious, he didn't comment on anything.

"I'll get going, mom and dad. Allah Hafiz." kissing his mother's cheek and then nodding at his father, Ibrahim left for work; a little too eagerly. For he gets to see his special someone there.

***

"How many more days are you planning to stay here?" Rashidha asked her, whilst serving breakfast to Ahil and Akram, while her daughter played with her food because the breakfast was not her favourite.

"Maybe until tomorrow?" Mawra replied in a whisper, catching her family's attention solely on her. She didn't want to leave this safe heaven of hers and handle the responsibilities of being a wife. She was scared after that proposal incident. What if she messed up and hurt him again? Ibrahim has been such a good husband to her and in return, she caused him so much hurt.

It still made her feel so guilty.

"I thought you were only here for a day or two. Go back already, I want to shift in your room" Ahil joked making her glare at him. Rashidha gave him a look that made him eat silently, "Its not like we don't want you here, Mawra. but you're married now."

"I know, ammi." Mawra sighed dramatically. That's the fact which she is trying hard to digest.

"Is Ibrahim treating you right, beta?" Akram asked his daughter with concern, "Yes, of course, abbu. He's treating me very well. I just wanted to spend some time here." she replied defensively making her parents sigh in relief, while Ahil passed her a knowing smile.

"Then why are you not back home?" Rashidha sat beside her, as she placed a hand on her daughter's arms, "why do you guys want me gone so badly?" Mawra frowned at her parents.

"We all know that's not true, Mawra." Akram shook his head, "people talk. After marriage, unfortunately, you will be questioned if you spend too much time at your parents' place. We can't give others a chance to point fingers at you, can we?"

"I'll go today." Mawra got up without having her breakfast, "finish it and leave." Their trance was cut off by a dramatic entry, "ammi. I will be coming home late today." Mahira muttered hurriedly as she grabbed an apple from the table and munched on it.

"Why?" Mahira almost rolled her eyes at that question, but stopped in between with a fuming look on her face, "did anyone remember what day is today?" Her family passed each other confused glances, making her angrier if anything.

"Thought so." her voice was filled with hurt.

"For your kind information, today is my eighteenth birthday, but no one remembers anything about me anyway. It's always Mawra this or Mawra that." Mahira glared at her sister, whose face widened at her accusation.

"Why don't you go back to your home and leave us all alone?" Mahira snapped making everyone gasp in horror, "Mahi!" her parents' stern voice shuts her up as she threw the apple in the dustbin and walked out of there before yelling, "I'll be celebrating my birthday with a friend. Unlike you guys, someone remembers and cares."

"How did we all forget her birthday?" Akram asked a little dejectedly, his family had no reply to that. They were as shocked as him, Mahira was never this rude. Her changed behaviour today has come out as a surprise. The Hussain's never celebrate birthdays anyway, which was the main reason they've forgotten it completely.

"Ammi, Abbu. I'll go back home directly from the office. Allah Hafiz." leaving her breakfast unfinished, she got up to leave and this time no one could stop her.

Ahil on the other hand was lost in his thoughts, he has seen the change in Mahira's behaviour for a while now, she's always too busy with her phone or smiling to herself, and today he was going to confront her and ask what is the matter with her. He hoped it is not what he was thinking.

***

Ibrahim was busy in a call when he heard his office door click open, a feeling of relief washed over him as he saw that familiar person walk in but to his utmost surprise, she locked the door from inside and walked towards him.

"I'll call you back, Mr Singh." he cut his call and looked down at his wife, who hugged him tightly whilst sitting comfortably on his laps from sideways, "Mawra..." he called her name in surprise as she tightened the hug making it hard for him to be sane. Having her sit so close to him like this, in his office was tougher than he could have thought.

"You okay?" wrapping his arms around her protectively, he inhaled her scent. That familiar intoxicating scent which he has missed for the last one week. She hummed in response, still not willing to leave him. It wasn't like Ibrahim was complaining too. He loved their position. Like how possessively she sat on his laps and hugged him tightly.

"I'm fine now," Mawra whispered against his chest. Hugging him made her forget the little incident that happened in the morning. She felt protected and safe in his embrace and loved how perfectly she fitted there as though she was made to hug him. She could stay in his arms forever and not get bored.

Ibrahim liked how his wife was not feeling so shy around him anymore. Shy Mawra was cute, but her confident self is what he enjoyed the most. She takes him by surprise every single time.

"Then why are you being affectionate all of a sudden?" he joked, making her face him, still in the hugging position. Her brown eyes met with his grey ones, with warmth and fondness.

"I missed you," Mawra whispered sadly, as she encircled her arms around his neck and kissed his cheeks taking him by surprise.

"That's why you didn't pick my call this morning, huh." Ibrahim complained like a child making her smile at him, "I was in the shower at that time."

"Then what happened after you came out?"

"I didn't notice my phone after that, I was in a hurry to leave and by the time I saw it, I was in the office already." but he didn't look too happy with her reply.

Pouting cutely, she mumbled, "I'm sorry, Ibrahim." He groaned at that face. How can he stay mad at her if she behaves this way, he wondered with a frown but was snapped out of his thoughts when he felt her lips all over his face peppering soft kisses everywhere except his lips.

Mawra herself was surprised by the sudden boldness coming from her. After their first kiss, she was sure that they both were craving for more and her staying at her parents' place has only increased the desire more, which she was pouring in the form of these kisses now.

She missed this. Him. Their closeness and everything. Which only increased her guilt. But she hides it with a smile. She was determined to not hurt him again.

The week's gap was a much-needed space for her, everything has been so overwhelming. Her immaturity must have cost her a lot. But just because it was Ibrahim, he didn't make an issue out of it. Which made her heart flutter in a weird kind of feeling. What did she do to deserve him?

"W-hat are you doing?" Ibrahim stuttered as she cupped his face in her hands, looking him in the eyes. Honey brown against the grey. One with mixed emotions and the other with confusions.

Is that his wife or was he dreaming? He was still very clueless and confused but enjoyed her kisses anyway.

"What do you think I'm doing? Trying to make up to you for not answering your call." she whispered huskily, whilst gazing at him with desire filled eyes, "I have read about such scenes in my books you know. Where the assistant kisses her boss sensuously in his office and they forget everything else. I wanted to try that out for a long time now." Mawra blushed furiously at that thought.

"I'm a married man, Ms Hussain. I don't appreciate such acts. My wife will kill me." smirking mischievously, he traced her jawline.

"Is that so, Mr Qureshi?" smiling seductively, she leaned in closer and touched their foreheads together.

"Don't worry, we can keep this a secret. Your wife need not know." when their lips were about to touch, a knock interrupted their moment, making both of them groan and Mawra got down from his lap frantically and sets his shirt right and wiped off the lipstick marks on his cheeks with a shy smile.

"I can't believe you're being shy now." Ibrahim looked at her with amusement.

"Shut up."

"The door...What will the person think now?..." "...Seeing us both locked in an office together?" Ibrahim frowned in anger, while she bit her lips. All of this could have avoided if she didn't feel too affectionate suddenly, but it was late now. Or better if they told everyone the truth, he didn't want to go there now.

"Hide behind this table." Mawra's eyes widened at his words.

"Do as I say. Stop wasting time." She didn't have much time to react as he made her sit on the floor and from outside, no one could see her as the table was being the barrier, fortunately.

Ibrahim unlocked the door and saw his HR manager stand outside impatiently.

"I'm in an important zoom meeting, Mr Ali. You can come after an hour." he lied with a straight face and the guy left as soon as he came; terrified at the fact that he has disturbed his Boss' important meeting. He worked there to hire people and had no wish to get fired instead.

"Good one." Mawra popped up from the ground with a mischievous grin on her face, "you scared that poor guy. I'll get going before someone else comes."

"Mawra Ibrahim... You made it seem like I'm having an affair with my own wife. Wow." Ibrahim gave her a not so pleased look. His only worry was, staffs know about her marriage, but not the entire truth. They already gossip about her badly, like how she led poor Adnan and some crap like that. He would never give them another chance to talk bad about her, especially if it was in his hands to protect her and did just that.

"Isn't that thrilling though?" she grinned whilst walking out of there, while he gave her a pointed look.

Mawra suppressed her laugh as she sat in her cabin and replayed the incident again. It did seem like they're having an affair. The sound of the notification brings her out of the daze and her smile widened as she saw a message from Ibrahim.

You Mrs, have a lot of making up to do. I'm still mad at you for not answering my call.

Is that so, Mr?

Aren't the kisses enough ;) She typed with a ridiculous smile on her face.

Nope. It wasn't.

What can I do now? Mawra chuckled while adding a thinking emoji.

I can help you if you want :)

Please do.

How about you come home with me today?

I will. Mawra typed in no time, taking Ibrahim by surprise.

Really? Are you sure? I was just joking, you can stay as long as you want. There's no pressure.

They both know it wasn't true. But the fact that he's willing to stay away from her just for happiness sake made Mawra's heart flutter in glee. What did she do to deserve him?

I'm coming home, Ibrahim.

Good. Because I was missing you so much.

I know. I missed you too.

Stop chatting and get back to work Ms. assistant. Where's my coffee?

Coming right away, Mr CEO <3

Ibrahim smiled at her reply and waited for his morning coffee before kick-starting the work. But from inside he was jumping in joy. Damn, he missed her a lot.

***

It felt good to be back home. Her husband's home. Her home. A warm smile appeared on her face as she came out of his car and waited for Ibrahim to park it properly.

"Mom and Ameen will be happy to see you, and Dad as well. Shall we?" She gave him her hands with a small smile and they walked inside hand in hand.

Mawra felt shivers down her spine as they took every step. A sudden thought occurred to her in the car and her mind was in haywire ever since. She couldn't eye him properly. Her cheeks were so pink, which Ibrahim was yet to notice.

As soon as they walked into the living room, Salika was walking around with a phone in her hand and was shocked to see her daughter in law back after a week.

"Assalamualaikum, auntie." Wriggling out of his grip, Mawra goes to hug her mother in law, who was very surprised, happy to see her.

"Walaikum Aslam. When did you come? Allah. We all missed you." Salika hugged her back with a wide smile and kissed her daughter in law's forehead lovingly.

"Just now. I missed you all too." Mawra grinned at her excited mother in law.

"I have a lot to catch up with you. But looks like you kids are tired. We will talk tomorrow." Salika smiled at her impatient son, who sighed inwardly at her words. A knowing smile formed on her lips. She was happy anyway.

"We had dinner already, mom. You guys don't wait for us." Kissing her cheeks, he smiled at his mother.

"Of course. Go and rest." Ruffling his hair lovingly, she smiled as they both walked upstairs.

Mawra was relieved to be distracted for a few minutes but that thought came back to her again, making her cheeks go red in shyness.

"Are you alright?" Ibrahim asked as they walked into their room, "what's with your cheeks? Why is it so red?" He added with amusement whilst locking the door. She shook her head in negative.

"Nothing... I'm just happy to be back home." Instantly he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly, "I missed you. So much." Mawra tiptoes to kiss him on the lips and he smiled in between the kiss which was slow yet full of want. He cupped her cheeks to deepen the kiss and she encircled her hands around his neck, pulling him more into the kiss.

He walked towards their bed, to sit in a comfortable position whilst continuing to kiss. They stumbled upon their steps and fell on the bed with a force making them break apart for a moment before they went back to kiss again.

This time it was filled with more passion and fire, with her head pressed against the soft bed which she missed for the past week. Ibrahim was on top of her, she didn't seem to mind his weight; too busy in the kiss to give it a thought.

Their eyes were closed enjoying the precious moment and hearts beating rapidly. Neither of them was willing to break apart.

His phone rang abruptly startling them in between. They pulled back panting softly.

With a groan he goes to hang up the call but frowned because it was an important one, Mawra nodded at him shyly before running into the walk-in closet and shut the door close.

Her next step might change their whole lives. But she was going to going to go for it. She stripped her dress one by one as a shy smile appeared on her face.

Rummaging through the shelves, she found the thing which was hidden deep inside her clothes. The ones which her cousins packed for her. She turned crimson red while picking it up.

Finally, it's going to be used. The very thought has left her a blushing mess.

You've got this...She whispered to herself before striping completely and pulled that piece of cloth on her. A gasp left her mouth, as she stared at her reflection in the mirror.

The attire... She did pull it off. Although it barely covered anything. Her cheeks were on fire the whole time. But she's prepared for this. Now, more than anything.

Ibrahim has been so patient with her and she knew that he wanted this and she wanted it too. Their constant attraction and passionate kisses have left them wanting more. But he never complained. Not even once.

He deserved it. Only him.

With a shy smile, she washed her face and combed her hair. When Mawra was sure that she looked presentable, she grew anxious for a second. But composed herself with a sigh and opened the door.

Ibrahim's breath hitched at the sight in front of him. Was he dreaming or is this for real?

Mawra stood in front of him, shyly yet confidentially in that scandalous piece of cloth. Which barely covered her. Her hair was let loose. He only looked at her face though, it had no make-up. She still managed to look pretty. His eyes didn't wander anywhere else, not until he's sure she wanted this as much as he did.

"Are you serious?" He couldn't help but ask. He respected her want for time. But wouldn't lie, has yearned a lot for this moment and couldn't believe she's finally ready. For that big step.

"I've never been more serious in my life, Ibrahim." She whispered shyly whilst clutching onto the satin material which barely covered her legs.

"I can wait you know if you're still uncomfortable. We can stop it. There's no rush." He gulped nervously at her. Damn, she was so beautiful.

"I want this as much as you, Ibrahim." She took slow steps towards him. He loosened his tie and walked towards her, excitedly yet nervously.

This is going to change both their lives. For good.

"Are you sure?" He asked, she answered him with a passionate kiss instead. Gone was her shyness. He held her waist tightly while responding to her. Their hearts were beating at an uneven pace the whole time.

Filled with desire, want, he scooped her in his arms as she held onto his torso tightly, whilst not breaking the heated kiss.

Laying her on the bed, he broke the kiss and stared into her brown eyes with warmth, which gazed back at him shyly. She smiled as he placed a lingering forehead kiss followed by her nose, cheeks, lips and then her neck. There wasn't a place left that was not kissed.

"Thank you for accepting me, Mawra." He kissed her palms fondly and she felt her eyes tear up at his words. She was overwhelmed with a lot of emotions at that moment.

"Thank you for forgiving me for my stupid mistakes, Ibrahim. I don't think anyone else would have forgiven me. But you did. Thank you." Cupping his face gently, she muttered those words vulnerably.

"It's all in the past now, Mawra. Just stay away from that guy, we will be good. You're my wife, don't ever forget that..." He kissed her lips hungrily, trying to calm his heart.

"I promise..." She stuttered as he peppered open mouth kisses on her neck making her go crazy and wild.

The night turned more beautiful as they made love filled with want, desire, desperation and passion. The separation of a week made it wilder. But it was worth all the wait. So worth it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 759 50
Makhfi: Adjective. hidden, secret, concealed 6 lives on a journey for success, will they succeed in their goal or not. /The story revolves around 2...
4.5M 219K 56
Shourya Singhania - The 26-year-old heir of a multi-million dollar company, a protective gentleman who looks after his family. He's harsh, straightfo...
105K 9.3K 45
Two opposite worlds bound by a contract marriage, let's see what happens when they love each other's heart instead of each other's body, knowing that...
166K 8K 21
Meet Miral Mansoor , a 18 years old beautiful girl who loves to sing and keep on singing no matter where she is and what she is doing . Meet Syed Za...