𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 | 𝘢𝘵𝘭𝘢

By lextopias

THE HELP - prince zuko in exchange for hana's family's safety she boarded prince zuko's ship vowing to help f... More

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙃𝙚𝙡𝙥
𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙕𝙪𝙠𝙤'𝙨 𝙎𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙠
𝘼𝙘𝙩 𝙊𝙣𝙚
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘰𝘺 𝘐𝘯 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘐𝘤𝘦𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘨
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘳 𝘙𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘴
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘈𝘪𝘳 𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘖𝘧 𝘒𝘺𝘰𝘴𝘩𝘪
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘖𝘧 𝘖𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘶
𝘐𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘥
𝘞𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘰𝘭𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦: 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘦
𝘞𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘰𝘭𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦: 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘚𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘴
𝘉𝘢𝘵𝘰 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘪𝘦𝘨𝘦 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩: 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘖𝘯𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘪𝘦𝘨𝘦 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩: 𝘗𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘛𝘸𝘰
𝘼𝙘𝙩 𝙏𝙬𝙤
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘴
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘳 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘸𝘰 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘚𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘙𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦
𝘉𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘞𝘰𝘳𝘬
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘵
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘵'𝘴 𝘗𝘢𝘴𝘴
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘳𝘪𝘭𝘭
𝘊𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘖𝘧 𝘞𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘖𝘧 𝘉𝘢 𝘚𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘚𝘦
𝘓𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘓𝘢𝘰𝘨𝘢𝘪
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘌𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘒𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘑𝘢𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯
𝘼𝙘𝙩 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘥
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘳 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘓𝘰𝘳𝘥
𝘕𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘋𝘢𝘺 𝘖𝘧 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘚𝘶𝘯
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘞𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘈𝘪𝘳 𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘔𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘊𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘥𝘴 𝘖𝘧 𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺

637 35 72
By lextopias

{the crossroads of destiny}

   hana sat in the carriage with zuko next to her and iroh across. iroh had a white box that contained his most prized tea set.

   as they sat quietly, hana's nerves got to her. she picked at her hands nearly making them bleed until zuko grabbed her hand.

   she looked up at him and didn't look back down at her. perhaps he accidentally grabbed it and didn't notice. she ignored it sat on her other hand not wanting to destroy her hands.

   with a few more bumps they made it to the palace. it was beautiful - gold-lined the green emblems and the beautiful roof - it was utterly breathtaking. if the earth kingdom's palace was this grand, how was the fire nation's with all of their riches?

   zuko got out of the carriage first, helping hana and iroh out.

   as they walked iroh whisper-talked with them, "many times, i imagined myself here, at the threshold of the palace. but i always thought i would be here as a conqueror. instead, we are the earth king's personal guests, here to serve him tea." iroh smiled, "destiny is a funny thing."

   hana hummed a response, "indeed."

   "it sure is, uncle," zuko was as cheerful as ever.

   hana had kept true to her promise to the water spirits. she was still there for zuko, she followed him even when he pissed her off. she followed him into shit she didn't want to be involved in. she was doing her duty even without knowing the payout.

   they were taken to the throne room. a table was in front of the throne and the earth king was nowhere to be seen. the three got to work, quickly heating the tea and placing out a few cups.

   they sat patiently, waiting for the king. it was a while before any of them said anything.

   "what's taking so long?" zuko questioned.

   iroh turned to him and gave an excuse, "maybe the earth king overslept."

   "eh, it's possible i suppose," hana said.

   the dai li began to file into the room. they began to surround the three of them at the table.

   the two teens quickly realized something wasn't right, "something's not right."

   a girl, she was so familiar to hana but she couldn't place it, entered, "it's tea time."

   azula.

   "azula!" zuko angrily rose from the ground.

   "have you met the dai li? they're earthbenders, but they have a killer instinct that's so firebender. i just love it," she mused.

   iroh picked up a hot cup tea and stood up, "did i ever tell you how i got the nickname the 'dragon of the west'?"

   hana followed suit, he was clearly up to something and she wasn't going to be left behind.

   "i'm not interested in a length anecdote, uncle," azula said annoyed.

   "it's more of a demonstration, really," he chugged the tea and pushed the teens behind him.

   he let the fire in his mouth ward of the dai li so hana and zuko could quickly break down the wall.

   zuko used his fire and when that didn't work well enough, hana punched the wall, making it easier to get out of. she jumped towards the wall and broke it completely. zuko ran behind her with iroh following him.

   the dai li followed after them and used their earth gloves to slow them, but hana quickly maneuvered them away. they found themselves at a dead-end soon after.

   they panicked for a moment until iroh used his lightning and broke it down. he didn't hesitate to jump.

   he fell into a bush below and called back up to them, "come on! you'll be fine!"

   hana looked at zuko for a moment, curious about his next move.

   "no," he decided. "i'm tired of running. it's time i faced azula."

   he turned back and hana didn't hesitate to follow him.

   they were greeted by the dai li and azula, "you're so dramatic."

   "i'm gonna have to agree with her on this one," hana snorted but stopped, remembering that this wasn't the time for a joke. 

   azula paused for a moment trying to take in everything but resumed quickly, "what? are you going to challenge me to an agni kai?"

   okay, a bit of a low blow.

   "yes! i challenge you!" zuko said.

   huh.

   "no, thanks," azula shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

   hana knew what was coming next and moved to the side as zuko moved backward.

   he started to summon a large ball of fire and pushed it towards her. azula didn't flinch as it came at her. she was waiting for the dai li to save her, which they did.

   they raised a large rectangular tile and clocked the blast. they flung their gloves at zuko and as hana was about to help him, she had iron slapped on her wrists. she was cuffed.

   hana was angry, they knew metal was of no use, "you son of a bitch!"

   she watched as azula walked away from them.

   the two were taken underground by the dai li. as much as hana wanted to do something, she couldn't, her arms were what made the earth move the way she needed. she was fucked.

   zuko and her were tossed down a hole, "you've got company."

   the two tumbled down it and hit the ground so damn hard. the two looked up to see katara.

   "zuko! hana!' she was surprised by their capture.

   hana got up fast and yelled at the hole that had already been closed, "i'm gonna fucking beat the shit out of you the moment i get out of these!"

   katara began to interrogate zuko, leaving hana to look for a way out. she was still handcuffed and even angrier than when she was first handcuffed. throwing her down some random ass place just made it worse.

   "you're a terrible person, you know that?" she paced as she yelled at zuko. "always following us, hunting the avatar, trying to capture the world's last hope for peace! you even kidnapped a girl because you need her help!"

   "leave me out of this, katara," hana mumbled. "i've made my peace."

   katara ignored her and went on with her ranting, "but what would you care? you're the fire lord's son. spreading war and violence and hatred is in your blood."

   zuko finally said something, "you don't know what you're talking about."

   "i don't? how dare you! you have no idea what this war has put me through. me, personally," she snapped.

   she crouched down, turning away from zuko, and cried, "the fire nation took my mother away from me."

   hana tried to ignore the situation, not wanting to get angrier with everything. because if she even thought about her family at this moment, someone was going to pay.

   "i'm sorry," zuko turned around to face her. "that's something we have in common."

   katara wiped the tears from her face. it fell silent.

   hana took this to her advantage, knowing she wasn't interrupting anything, and started to rub the iron against the sharp crystals.

   if these crystals are sharp enough, i can get the fuck out of these and get all of us out.

   she rubbed the cuffs against the crystals for a while. it was quiet, only sniffles could be heard.

   katara decided to apologize for her outburst towards zuko, "i'm sorry i yelled at you before."

   "it doesn't matter."

   "it's just that for so long now, whenever i would imagine the face of the enemy, it was your face," she admitted.

   "my face,"  he put his hand on his scar and turned away, "i see."

   hana looked at katara with fury on her face, "apologize. now."

   katara nodded, "no, no, that's not what i meant."

   "it's okay," he responded. "i used to think this scar marked me. the mark of the banished prince, cursed to chase the avatar forever. but lately, i've realized that i'm free to determine my own destiny, even if i'll never be free of my mark."

   "maybe you could be free of it," katara thought aloud.

   he just gave a speech about how his scar doesn't define him and how he's okay with it and you say that.

   zuko was obviously optimistic, "what?"

   "i have healing abilities," she told him.

   "it's a scar. it can't be healed."

   katara grabbed a small container from under her shirt, "this is water from the spirit oasis at the north pole." he held it up to show them, "it has special properties, so i've been saving it for something important." she walked towards him and held it out for him, "i don't know if it would work, but...."

   she held her hand to his scar for a few moments until the wall busted open. shards of crystals went everywhere and hana quickly shielded her face. when the dust cleared aang and iroh were standing there.

   "aang!" katara cheered and ran over to hug him.

   iroh ran over to zuko and hugged him. hana continued to saw away on her cuffs until iroh came over and hugged her too.

   the five stood across from each other and expressed their gratitude, "aang, i knew you would come."

   "uncle, i don't understand. what are you doing with the avatar?" he pointed at aang.

   "saving you. that's what," aang retorted.

   hana quickly stepped in front of zuko, knowing he'd try and go after aang.

   iroh pulled him back, "zuko, it's time we talked." he turned to aang and katara, "go help your other friends. we'll catch up with you."

   aang ran out of the cave and katara hesitantly followed.

   "why uncle?" zuko asked iroh once he knew the two were gone.

   iroh sighed, "you are not the man you used to be, zuko. you are stronger and wiser and freer and than you have ever been. and now you have come to the crossroads of your destiny. it's time for you to choose. it's time for you to choose good."

   while the two were talking hana finally sawed through the cuffs completely.

   as hana was about to tell them that she was free, a wave of crystals trapped iroh.

   oh, you're fucking kidding!

   azula and two dai li slid down the tunnel and she advanced towards hana and zuko, "i expected this kind of treachery from the girl and uncle, but zuko, prince zuko, you're a lot of things, but you're not a traitor, are you?"

   hana immediately came to realize that azula was trying to persuade zuko.

   zuko didn't budge, "release him, immediately!"

   "it's not too late for you, zuko," she was manipulating him. "you can still redeem yourself."

   hana's fear is that it would work. she had faith though, and hopefully, that faith would pay off for her.

   "the kind of redemption she offers is not for you!" iroh called out.

   azula looked at iroh, "why don't you let him decide, uncle? be like the earthbender who says nothing."

   "i have faith in zuko, i have faith that he will make the right decision for him. even if he doesn't, i know that i will follow him regardless."

   azula ignored her, "i need you zuko. i've plotted every move of this day. this glorious day in fire nation history. and the only way we win is together. at the end of this day, you will have your honor back. you will have father's love. you will have everything you want. you can even take the earthbender home for all i care!"

   not an object, but okay. i wasn't planning on leaving him anyway.

   "zuko, i am begging you, look into your heart and see what it is that you truly want," iroh was pleading with his nephew to make the right decision.

   "you are free to choose," azula waved her hand, signally the dai li to go.

   they bent a circle around their feet and shot back up.

   azula stayed for a while until she finally left. zuko went after her and hana followed behind him. she didn't know what decision he had made.

   as they ran, they could hear the fight that was taking place. not only could hana hear it, but she could feel it too.

   when they got there, they saw azula between katara and aang. she was ready to fight both.

   zuko sent a wave of fire between everyone. this quickly grabbed everyone's attention. at this moment, he was finalizing his decision.

   he walked closer to everyone, his stance not faltering once. hana watched as his eyes looked between azula and aang. he even looked back at her.

   hana's pleas were silent, but her eyes... her eyes were begging him to do the right thing. she wanted to fight alongside the avatar.

   the moment aang realized that he chose azula, he gasped.

   zuko shot a blast of fire at aang. he quickly used his airbending to keep balance.

   azula smiled, pleased with zuko's choice. she turned back to katara and started to shoot blasts at her. katara was able to jump out of the way, though.

   zuko kept firing shots of fire with his fists. he alternated each time and each time aang was able to get back up. aang was actually able to create air that was shaped like him. he sent it towards zuko and he went flying to the ground.

   hana thought about helping them but didn't. if she didn't help either side, she was cleared of any wrongdoing on both sides.

   she stood off to the side and watched as aang jumped at zuko. zuko moved out of the way, and it just barely missed him.

   aang bent upwards and landed on a crystal. zuko sent the biggest blasts of fire at him. it knocked him down, but he was luckily able to get up in time for zuko's fire whips.

   zuko whipped the fire at him, slicing the crystals in half. aang jumped onto another rock and was quickly bombarded by zuko's fire whips again.

   aang jumped structure to structure trying to miss zuko. eventually, he couldn't anymore and toppled a bit of rock. he followed it to the ground and slammed it down.

   it sent a blast so deep, it knocked hana to the ground. she watched as zuko flew back.

   she looked to azula and katara, and katara knocked her to the ground with her bending. it was so unnatural to see azula scream as if she needed help.

   hana watched closely as the water worked it's way up katara's body. it completely engulfed her body and even made her arms longer.

   as azula tried to send a blast of fire, katara used the water to take her arm. azula panicked a bit and tried to use her feet to send a blast of fire at katara. this failed and katara took her leg.

   luckily for azula, zuko saved her. he sent a fire at katara's water and broke what held azula.

   zuko began to deal with katara and she was less than impressed with what choice he made, "i thought you had changed!"

   "i have changed!" he sent another blast at her.

   hana looked towards azula and aang. they were charging towards each other. aang had a shell of crystals and azula had nothing but her fire, which was enough for her.

   she turned back to zuko and katara who were still exchanging heated remarks. hana heard a crush but couldn't bear to look at it.

   within a minute azula was fighting with zuko. the two completely overpowered her. she couldn't take the two of them. she was thrown against crystals and was nearly knocked out.

   aang shot out of a hole. he handed heavily on the ground, making it shake. with that, he pulled up rocks and it formed a wave. it was heading to zuko and azula.

   he was so close, but so far away.

   a dai li agent stepped in front of the wave and flung him off. he screamed as he went flying to the ground.

   dai li agents began to come in. they began to surround katara and aang. katara used water to create a complete circle of water to help attack the dai li.

   but aang? oh poor aang, he was shit out of luck. nearly one hundred dai li agents and two fire nation royals were up against him.

   aang realized this, he knew that he couldn't take them on. so, he did what he could and pulled up crystals to protect him.

   he was in there for a long while before it started to glow. everyone carefully backed up, not knowing what could come from the crystal hut.

   a wave of energy like no other hit everyone, aang was flying to the air, his tattoos were glowing, bright energy guided him up.

   hana thought, for just one moment, that he'd finally win. he'd finally do what he needed to. just one moment, she prayed to the spirits that he'd be okay and he'd win.

   her prayers were worth shit, apparently.

   a crack of lightning hit aang. azula being the culprit.

   a wave of utter shock hit hana. she felt like she was going to pass out as she watched it all unfold.

   she watched as aang free fell from the sky. she couldn't do anything. she was useless.

   a wave of water hit everyone, katara was going to try and save aang. everyone screamed as it swept them away.

   when the water disappeared she noticed aang in katara's arms. katara was crying, her hair was down, and her clothes were destroyed completely.

   azula and zuko got up, they were going to do what they had to.

   iroh was to thank for katara and aang's escape. his fire stopped zuko and azula in their tracks. he jumped in front of aang and katara, blocking their path.

   "you've got to get out of here! i'll hold them off as long as i can!" more punches of fire came from him.

   katara quickly carried aang over to the waterfall. he used her bending to carry them up and out. iroh held everyone off as she did that.

   once he knew that they were safe, he surrendered. the dai li encased him in crystals. iroh had a sad and disappointed look to his face.

   hana truly couldn't tell if he was disappointed in just zuko or if he was also disappointed in her.

   the three left iroh with the dai li. they said they'd take care of him and hana didn't want to say anything that could get her in trouble. when she did try to object, iroh shook his head. he didn't want her to get imprisoned. he wanted someone to be there for zuko.

   they walked back up to the throne room. it was where the day began.

   azula sat on the throne and zuko stood beside her. hana stood a bit away from zuko and azula. she didn't know where she stood with anyone.

   "we've done it zuko," azula said menacingly. "it's taken a hundred years, but the fire nation has conquered ba sing se."

   "i betrayed uncle."

   "and i betrayed everyone."

   hana didn't know what to think of herself. was she a monster for not helping aang or was she right to help herself?

   azula turned her head towards them, "no, he betrayed you. zuko, when you return home, father will welcome you as a war hero."

   hana didn't move from her current position. she was terrified.

   "and you-" azula looked at her. "you will also be welcomed as a war hero."

   "but i don't have the avatar," zuko said. "what if father doesn't restore my honor?"

   azula put her hand on his shoulder, "he doesn't need to, zuko. today, you restored your own honor."

   hana was frozen in that position. she wanted to puke and cry and scream. she was angry and disappointed. she knew that she was doing what needed to be done to help zuko and herself, but it felt so wrong. she was a traitor to the earth kingdom.

   what made her feel worse; the reaction her family would have if they knew that the daughter that they thought would do great things betrayed the earth kingdom.

lexi speaks;
um, yeah, that's the end of act two. i hope you enjoyed and i hope your excited for act 3. i have so much in store for y'all.

tell me your fav chapter of this act!!! or both acts!!!

see you soon
-allexis

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 29K 51
Arlington and her pet dog, Peanut, miraculously end up in the World of Avatar in search for her mother. Through her journey she meets a certain Ban...
517K 12.3K 60
Katzumi the Third born to Fire Lord Ozai, she had a peaceful soul along with her brother Zuko before Ozai badly burned him and banished Zuko. Katzumi...
655K 19.5K 66
(ZUKOxOC) Soana: Princess of The Northern Water Tribe, a beloved sister to Princess Yue, and daughter of Chief Arnook. A betrothal to Prince Zuko to...
276K 8.2K 22
[Zuko x Oc] Kida is Sokka and Katara's sister. She's the oldest of the three and has to be the most responsible in these times of war. It all changes...