Flames of Hope

By Coriwii

Izuku Midoriya. A viridian haired boy with emerald eyes and constellation like freckles. He was born into a w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
I was Tagged!
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Author's Notice
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84-
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87

Chapter 63

545 14 18
By Coriwii

Hello! Another update so soon! I've got work to do but i'm procrastinating by writing this! Oh well... Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy this chapter! Plus, thank you for 160,000 views?! What?! I love and appreciate all of you!!! Also, the song above is I'll Make a Man Out of You by Dan Vasc! And, if ya wanna join, here's a link to my Discord Server: https://discord.gg/hDWxEd2 !

"You... YOU SAID YOU'D STAY WITH ME!! DON'T LEAVE ME OLD MAN!! THIS ISN'T WHERE YOU DIE!! NOT NOW!"

"DAD!!!!"

Smoke billowed up into the skies above the building of U.A. Fire and brimstone could be smelt for miles, the sky cast black as ash cried from the heavens, as if the universe itself was crying out.

Bloodlust blanketed U.A, so thick it swallowed any breath taken, fear causing everyone in close proximity to shake and tremble, some falling unconscious due to massive amounts of bloodlust leaking from the building.

Onyx fire licked the sky, outlined with amethyst, it was no normal blaze. It had no heat, no warmth or life, just a cold embrace, a vow of death, the eternal damnation of hell.

A visage towered over one Nana Shimura, the face of death, wreathed in hellfire, glowing emeralds glared with absolute abhorrence and hatred at her, burning through into her very soul. Even with fire burning all around them, the room was frigid, so bitter and austere as if all life had been rendered naught under the intense flames of Hell and Vengeance.

Izuku bit out in a glacial tone.

"You have committed a grave crime today. You will face my retribution." Izuku gripped at Amaterasu, the spear tainted crimson, spitting at her.

"You will perish by my hand."

Nana shook in terror as she stutters out;

"W-wait! I-I-I'll tell you who sent me!" Izuku didn't bother with a response.

"It was Doctor Ujiko! He works at Jakku General!"

Without responding, Izuku raised Amaterasu, fire spinning around as he pointed the tip right above Nana's heart; he pulled back his arm, shaking as he starting to push forward, intent to kill the monster in front of him. A bloodied hand catches his arm before the tip could pierce the skin, and Izuku halts his movements and looks at the owner of the hand, tears flooding down his face as his former mission flies out of the window.

"Dad!! You're going to be okay! Please, stay awake! LIVE! FOR HIZASHI! FOR ERI! FOR ME!!"

Black flames curled around the critically injured hero, comforting him in the warmest embrace, the flames healing the man's wounds quickly, stitching them up.

But he didn't have enough...

His black flames stockpile had slowly been depleting without him even using them and now he feels only hatred at himself for not checking why sooner. Shouting, uses his quirk to get the message across;

"CALL RECOVERY GIRL NOW!!"

People kicked into action immediately after the shout, Tenya bolted from the Gym, a cloud of dust following him all the way to the main building of U.A. Yaomomo ran over with bandages and other medical equipment for Izuku to use as Jiro stands by his side, acting as a make-shift heart monitor. Shouto placed a cold hand on Izuku's shoulder, comforting him as Izuku started to emergency first aid on his own father.

Izuku's sole focus was on his father, his hand shook as he went through his task with practiced and experienced hands. To his luck, Kirishima and Katsuki had locked down the villain, keeping her both with them but strictly away from Shouta as Izuku worked.

Due to Izuku's quick procedure, the damage Shouta had sustained was lessened, and he was no longer losing blood like the man was before. The dark scarlet pool beneath them was evidence enough...

Not long after, Recovery Girl carried in upon Tenya's shoulder entered, her lips pursed in part concern and part fury as she tapper her way over, her cane shaking as she leans over and plants one of her famous kisses onto the man's forehead. A cool jade spread over the man's body, the wound inflicted by the villain's knife stitching up, leaving a deep scar on Shouta's back, just behind where his heart beat ever so carefully in his chest.

With Shouta in the clear for now, Izuku stood up, his frame surrounded with black and crimson, hate seeping into his voice as he gritted out;

"I wanted to stay out of this war. To leave it for the Heroes to fight, but now..." Izuku summons Amaterasu;

"They've made it personal..." emerald eyes lock onto the clouds as he declares.

"Now it is my personal mission to shatter the Paranormal Liberation Front. I'll show no mercy, for they tried to take someone precious to me."

Marching away, Izuku lets his declaration burn bright, fuelling his conviction.

His first target was Doctor Ujiko.

Hawks landed on the outskirts of the destroyed city, his ragtag team nervously waiting for him. He gave them a smile as he put his hands in to his pockets, saying;

"I've got some information for all of you. The Nomu ahead in the city has multiple quirks; one similar to Fatgum in where it allows it to absorb energy, one that once belonged to Crimson Riot, one Hyper Regeneration with more possible to appear." Hawks pointed to a hero, who had their hand up, and asks gently;

"Yes?" The hero glances at the crowd;

"How are we going to take that thing down? We don't have many heavy hitters." Hawks pulled out his phone and scrolled to a video, it showed Miruko taking down a Nomu a few towns over.

"By taking out it's brain. Probably it's only weak spot. No brain, no regeneration." Kneeling to the floor, Hawks takes a stick and draws crudely in the dirt the plan.

"Most of us are speed type heroes. We focus on hit and run tactics. My general plan is this: The speedsters all whittle down the target, quirks or just normal punches or kicks. The remaining heroes will wait until the Hardening quirk fails," Hawks grins like a predator hunting its prey.

"Then charge at once, aiming directing at the brain. You have to destroy it entirely. The rest will be distractions to draw the monster's attention away from the attack team."

Just as they were about to kick into action, Hawks phone buzzed, a news alert;

"This just in! The Japanese Government has authorized the Military to mobilize to contain the threats that Japan faces! Lethal force has been permitted by the Empress herself! Keep safe everybody!"

Sonic booms crackle over the city as 4 fighter jets fly in formation, bombs raring to go. Hawks could only watch with wide eyes, his team doing the same as dozens of bombs dropped by the fighter jets strike the Nomu, lighting the area in a flash of blinding orange, flattening the area around the Nomu and obliterating the monster itself.

Or it would have if it were normal.

Instead, it roared in pain, its skin smoking as pink muscles bulged from the torn and charred skin. Its mouth widened impossibly, cyan energy building in its mouth before it roared again, sending a huge beam towards the flying jets, who nimbly and skilfully dodged the energy beam.

Coming back around, Hawks wings flinched at the sound of whirring, his ears ringing as a hail of lead pierced the Nomu, ripping it to shreds, the regeneration simply unable to keep up against the constant barrage of bullets. The monster twitched, holes riddled its body, light coming through it in some parts, making it look like swiss cheese, before it collapsed to the ground, letting out one last blast as its final death throe.

Hawks blinked rapidly, then muttered;

"Well then... Looks like we aren't needed here. Let's go."

Daichi suited up. He wore a full suit with a red tie and a cloak fluttered around his shoulders, fur wrapped around his neck. At last, the preparations were finished, and now the full might of the Paranormal Liberation Front is ready to be unleashed.

Standing in front of his gathered force, Daichi starts, grand;

"Today, we begin our righteous war! To eliminate this fractured and broken society so that we can rebuild it to be better! This is the moment where we make history, change that will alter the future!" His cloak waves in the non-existent wind.

Hundreds of oozing black portals opened in front of the stage, facing the amassed army and Daichi walks through first, saying;

"Let's take that step into the future, Together."

All around the capital, Tokyo, black portals opened. In the centre of the city, Daichi steps out, using one of his many quirks to speak into the minds of his followers;

"Go now and wreak havoc. Show them the change that we bring!"

Screams echo throughout the city as thousands of not just men, but women and children too, were brutally slaughtered under the brutal assault made by the Paranormal Liberation Front. Daichi let a serene smile grace his face as he strolled through the burning city as if it was a normal Tuesday, moving towards an important building.

The Imperial Palace.

Once he was at the gates, he was greeted by a small army of guards, all equipped with high grade equipment, some had guns and others had katanas and spears. All of which were now pointed at Daichi as he folded his arms behind his back, passively gazing at the Palace in wonder. Daichi nods his head and says loudly;

"Such a wonderous sight. It would be a shame if I was to destroy it."

Malicious energy burst out, casting the sky crimson and blocking out the sun as Daichi raises his palm up, pointing it at the gates of the Palace, scarlet lightning crawling over his hand as the monster pushes his body forward, and all the gathered energy, burst out.

Skulls formed from the cruel energies, heading right towards the gate with power that could erase a city, an omen of death, and collides with the gate; sparks fly off into the sky as a barrier crackles to life, holding the energy attack back.

The barrier then wobbled, shook and cracked under the sheer power of the attack before shattering, the energy finally reaching its target and what follows shakes Japan.

BOOM!!!!

Instantly, the gate was vaporized, torn to atoms as the people near were soon vaporized too, not even given enough time to scream, and the courtyard was blown to pieces.

Through the dust, Daichi steps into the Imperial Palace, his face grinning as the Royal Family watch him enter with horror clear in their faces. Lightning arcs of his body, eerily reminiscent of one hero student; the man – no, this was no man – Monster walks forward with energy leaking from his body as he points to the terrified family.

"You're next."

Unflinchingly, the Empress steps forward, her royal cloak falling to the floor as she stands opposite to Daichi. Her face is contorted into an angry snarl, her long her tied into a bun, as she cracks her knuckles;

"You think you can come here, break into my home, threaten my family? The gall. Leave or I will use any necessary force." Daichi blinks in surprise before guffawing arrogantly.

"You think you can do that? to me?"

The Empress didn't respond. Her right arm glowed ethereal, blooming in a rainbow as she mutters;

"Kami give me strength."

Around her, an entity appeared, semi-transparent as it circled her, almost protectively, before its visage blasted an energy wave out, and became solid. It was a Lung Dragon, its body long with gleaming scales, an assortment of colours radiating off its body. Whiles the dragon lacked wings, it floated around the Empress with no issue, its teeth deadly sharp and eyes glaring through Daichi's soul. Daichi grinned greedily, as he mutters;

"That quirk will make a fine addition to my collection..."

The dragon raised its head and bellowed out a roar, one which shook the heavens and earth itself. The Empress herself pulled a blade from nowhere, it was similar to the dragon, the colour and the power held within, and Daichi rubs his hands together, analysing;

"So, your quirk uses energy to make things that you imagine? What energy do you use?" The Empress didn't stoop low to answer, instead she held her head high as she got into a stance.

Daichi made the first move. Too impatient and greedy, he shot off, his hand glowing with a scarlet hue, pointing right at the Empress, and he released it all, the beam thundering right towards the calm woman. The Empress simply raised her blade and sliced the beam in two, nullifying Daichi's attack, and the Empress took her chance to counterattack. Her left hand pointed at Daichi, and the dragon moved. At unimaginable speeds, the Dragon reached Daichi, its tail striking his chest like ten buses, sending him flying through the air.

Daichi shook his head, dazed. This... This wench attacked him! His restraint and calmness snapped as he let out a blast of intent. Stacking quirks upon one another, Daichi raised his hand and slammed it down, shattering the ground and sending a quake throughout the Palace, knocking everyone but him off balance.

Using this distraction, Daichi exploded towards the Empress. His skin rippled with condensed jet black energy, and he punched the Dragon with all his might, grinning with bloodlust as his own malicious energy attacked the beast, ripping it apart as he made his way to the Empress.

His eyes glowed blue as he dodged each stroke of a blade, each strike missed as he got closer and closer. He predicted each attack, no matter what the Empress threw at him, and she tried to retreat, knowing that the monster in front of her is far too powerful for her alone to defeat.

As she retreated, a glowing chain wrapped around her leg, then the other, trapping her in place. Desperately, she tried to break the chains, but her blade bounced off, and as the Empress looked up, she saw the monster towering over her.

His hand opened as a hole appeared in the centre, a black and red flame burning as he placed his hand on the Empress' forehead, his quirk latching onto her own and dragging it from her body and into his own. Euphoria filled him as he felt another quirk integrate into his body, power filling his veins, an addictive drug.

Grinning crazily, Daichi pulls on an old quirk he stole, his eyes gleaming as a barrier engulfed the unconscious Empress, trapping her before he turns and smiles, bloodthirsty, at the remaining Royal Family, and uses the quirk to trap rest of the Family. They'll be useful later for his next show...

Heavy footsteps echo as Izuku walked from U.A, donned in his hero suit; his eyes were down cast and filled with equal parts rage and sorrow. As he nears the main gates of U.A, he halts when he catches sight of the entirety of his class stood there, Shouto at the forefront, his eyes conveying worry and fear. Izuku turns his head away, not wanting the class to see his face, and mutters;

"What are you all doing here?" Tenya replies surprisingly softly.

"Izuku... Your eyes... They're the same ones I had seen in the mirror when Stain had attacked my brother." Tenya walked over and placed his hand on Izuku's shoulder.

"Please, do not do this. Revenge is not the way of a hero. You taught me that." Shouto caught Izuku and tight hug.

"I know you're hurt. Mr. Aizawa, Shouta, he's your dad but he wouldn't want this. Not when you could get hurt or die. Not for him." Izuku grips Shouto tighter.

"Then what do I do with all of this pain, Sho...? It hurts, they hurt my dad! They deserve to be hurt the same!" Shouto pats Izuku's back.

"I know. I know. They deserve it, but it doesn't make it right and it won't fix your pain, only inflict more." Izuku sobs out.

"I can see his blood on my hands... it won't get out of my head! I couldn't help him!" Shouto hugs Izuku chest tighter.

"Then use this as fuel to your goal, your conviction. You failed once but learn from it and become stronger. Forgive and let go but never forget the lesson that its taught."

Losing his energy, Izuku slumps down, his shoulders drooping and sad.

"Yeah... I can try that. Thank you Sho, and thank you all of you for coming..."

The class smile sadly at him and gathered around, Mina excitedly shouting out;

"GROUP HUG!!"

Thud. Thud. Thud.

Thunderous footfall marched heavily towards a tower, one that scraped the sky, the central command for the Hero Commission where thousands of villains all heading.

At the forefront of the villains, Daichi strolled slowly, a bubble floating just behind him as he approached the building. Inside said bubble was the Japanese Royal Family, including the Empress herself. The eyes of Japan were on him and the Paranormal Liberation Front.

Helicopters flurried through the sky, some pointed cameras at the massive army other pointed guns at them.

Meeting the hoard of darkness was a meagre force of heroes, headed by the Head of the Hero Commission. Her face was grim, her plump cheeks pale, and hands shook at the sight of the mass of villains on her doorstep. She held no power, not anymore in the face of true power, the likes of which she had tried so desperately to erase from history.

Splitting from the crowd was Dabi, his scars on full display as he came face to face with the Head of the Commission, eyes glowing under the sun just like the silver sheen of the staples holding his skin grafts to his skin. Leaning down, he gives the Commissioner a smirk;

"Miss me?" Those word made the lady pale impossibly more, vehemently whispering;

"Azura?" Dabi rubbed his chin thoughtfully;

"Yes, or would you prefer my real name, Touya Todoroki ?" Cobalt flames burst from his palms;

"After all, you bought me from my dear old man after he tossed me aside yeah?" He turns to face the world, his face split into a crazed grin.

"You heard that right folks. These monsters bought me as a child to train me to be the Perfect hero after my father failed! Azura was going to be my forced hero name!" Blood leaked from his eyes as he moved fluidly.

"Or what about your golden boy, Hawks? You bought him at four years old. Forced him through training, no, torture, to fit the mould of the perfect hero controlled by the Hero Commission." Dabi laughed, his mind on the brink of insanity, before turning to glare at the woman, hatred clear as day.

"Tell them Hawks' first mission, the first one you gave him." The lady flinched harshly, shaking her head, or she did till Dabi grabbed her face shouting;

"TELL THEM!!!" Shakily, the lady answers.

"We told him to take care of the rogue hero in training, Azura." Dabi leans in asking gently;

"And what do you mean by take care?" The lady spits out.

"We forced him to hunt you down and kill you." The lady didn't stop. Couldn't stop.

"We saw how close you two had gotten, the bond you shared. It was a weakness we could not have with our perfect hero! So, we had him kill you! We brainwashed him! We made him forget your existence! It seemed he failed!" Dabi hands burned as he grabbed her by the throat.

"How dare you. He meant the world to me. And you forced this on him." Dabi glared with hatred at her, then turned to face the cameras.

"This is who makes our heroes! This corrupt organisation! Making child soldiers! Forcing children to fight, torturing them and breaking them to fit a mould they made!" Cobalt fire rose high into the sky as Dabi shouts.

"LOOK AT THE MONSTER THEY CREATED!!!"

Swiftly, the fire consumed the lady, her skin and bone cremated to ash, she couldn't even scream before she died. All that remained of that monster was a pile of ash that was blown away into the wind, carried away with the trust in heroes. Without another word, Dabi steps back into the hoard, his face filled with joy, he'd finally gotten some semblance of revenge even if he could kill his father.

As Dabi left, the blue flames crawled up the Hero Commission, turning it to ash as the villains cheered in jubilation and the public sat in shock and horror.

When the flames died down, Daichi stepped to the front of the crowd, his back facing the husk of a building. His face was empty, void of emotion, but his eyes stormed with emotions, his hand waved and the bubble by his side came to his side.

Snapping his fingers, the bubble burst, sending the Royal Family tumbling to his feet, the Empress glaring with anger and fear. Leaning down, Daichi grabbed her by the throat, lifting the Empress up to face the crowd as he spoke.

"As you all know. We are the Paranormal Liberation Front. And this is our message. We will tear down this corrupt and bitter society, grind it to dust and rebuild it for the better! Watch us!"

Horror filtered onto the members of the Royal Family as Daichi's arm glowed with a tainted power, touched by evil, and behind him formed a Lung Dragon, bound by chains fastened around its neck, its scales no longer shining as Daichi gave it a command.

Jerkily, the Dragon moved like a puppet, chains forcing it as it moved towards the Empress, then with a command, the Dragon twisted, bend and transformed, into nothing more than a ball of energy. The energy lacked a personality it once held, no longer did it have its honour, or loyalty; Daichi had destroyed something beautiful.

Coalescing, the energy bobbed behind the Empress, hovering close to her back, then as quick as lightning, the energy warped into a sword which pierced through her back, scarlet blood bursting out onto the crowd, leaking down the steps and into a puddle.

'Ironic, her own quirk stabbed her in the back...'

Blood ejected from the Empress' mouth, as she smiled for a final time, saying;

"Stay strong..."

The Empress of Japan had been murdered...

(How are you whenever you read this?)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

588K 20.5K 55
Izuku Midoriya had everything a 4-year-old child could wish for. He had a family, a home and a quirk that was like no other. Thanks to a tragic and v...
2M 72.5K 100
Everyone believes he is quirkless, but the truth is he has a quirk a very unique one. His parents hate him. His mother can't stand his quirk and thus...
175K 9.5K 42
Fate can be very cruel. That was something Izuku knew far too well. Thanks to his wits, his mother sold him off to be a pawn to her one and only love...
36.2K 980 51
Izuku Midoriya is quirkless. Because of this, he was abandoned at the age of 4 and then again 2 years later. Bullied, abused, tortured. In a dark par...