We Were Bound | james potter

By reakeww

Being in love is hard. It is painful in all the wrong ways and it constantly burns in the form of longing gla... More

act one
o n e
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t

t w o

4.5K 133 79
By reakeww

chapter 2

─•~❉᯽❉~•─
destiny
─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Breakfast was unbearable the next day.

This moon was worse than usual, and Faeryn had no idea why. She knew that if her twin was stressed the wolf would inflict more pain, but what was he stressed about? Was it the stress of the upcoming OWLs?

She felt every ache, every gash, every reset bone, every spark of pain. It was thankfully dulled due to Madam Pomfrey's insurance that she drink a pain potion every 6 hours for the day. Although the potion didn't do much to ease the horrible worries plaguing her thoughts.

Why was Remus so stressed? Is he okay? What's been going on to make him so bad? Why hasn't he talked to her about it?

She was abruptly yanked from her thoughts when three boys lazily plopped onto the bench in front of her, the dishes rattling against each other at the force, she looked up at them tiredly.

Peter flashed her a sheepish smile, he looked anxious, tense.  He began to franticly usher food into his plate, immediately shoving whole muffins into his mouth. She wanted to ask the kind boy what was wrong, but decided not to pry. She lazily smiled back.

Sirius had a smirk on his lips, but his eyes were busy searching Faeryns and Lily's tired expressions, "You guys look like shit." he said with his eyebrowed slightly furrowed.

Faeryn flashed him a bored look, "Thank you, Sirius. You sure know how to make girls feel good about themselves." She quickly glanced to Peter who was still shoveling food into his mouth frantically, she rose her eyebrow at the boy.

The other two boys, she noticed, were not eating. This was quite surprising, as she looked over to James who would usually be plopping big heaps of food onto his plate. And instead, he was tapping his finger absentmindedly against the grained wood of the Gryffindor table. His eyes kept trailing to Peter's plate, his gaze unseeing.

"How's Remus?" she asked, as she slowly piled a small portion of food onto her plate.

She tried not to wince at the movement. For she knew exactly how Remus was, she could feel the uncomfortable heat pooling in her joints, the static throbbing of her skin, the constant ache behind her eyes. The giant hash she knew would be bandaged on her brothers arm the next time she saw him. And although the pain potion was dulling the sensations, she still felt everything.

But the boys didn't know that, and it would be odd not to ask.

Sirius cast a nervous glance at Lily, who was politely eating her food to Faeryns left, keeping quiet, but focusing her attention on the conversation playing out in front of her.

Sirius awkwardly cleared his throat, "He got sick last night, we haven't gone to see him yet. Just waiting for Pete to finish his breakfast." he flashed a small grin at Peter, slyly gesturing for him to hurry eating.

Peter froze, his hand was halfway to his mouth, a small portion of a bread roll held loosely in between his fingers. He blinked and set his roll onto his plate. He brought his sleeve up to his mouth and wiped the jam and crumbs from the corners of his lips.

"Done," he said shyly, with a sheepish smile on his face.

"That's our queue. See you, little Moony!" James called out, as he quickly stood up from his seat, snatching an apple from the middle of the table and tossing it up in the air just to catch it again. "Evans." he nodded kindly. She nodded back.

"He's only 20 minutes older than me, Potter!" Faeryn grumbled back. He ignored her and the three boys quickly strolled out of the great hall.

Things had been quite unusual since Lily announced her new development toward a blonde Ravenclaw girl, Rowan, who Lily and Faeryn were quite close to. Lily was now way closer to Rowan than Faeryn would ever be, as they were now dating.

James had obviously been harboring a crush on the redhead girl for quite some time, and it took him a while to get used to the fact that she didn't like him like that, that she never would like any guy like that.

Although once he got over the initial shock, he congratulated her on her new relationship and wished her well. It took everyone a while to get used to the quietness during mealtimes, the absence of his voice yelling across the table was almost uncomfortable. But the people who knew of Lily's relationship were very happy for her, and also very happy for their eardrums, that now didn't have to hear James getting hexed by Lily every day.

It had been considerably quiet since, factoring out when the group of trouble makers would pull their pranks. The boy hadn't found anyone else to torment. At least not yet.

"How's Remus doing?" Lily asked Faeryn as she slid more food onto her plate, knowing she would know that answer.

Lily, Faeryns best friend and dormmate, had known about Remus's lycanthropy for quite awhile. And sometime in 3rd year kindly asked Faeryn about it, who was terrified that she was going to tattle to Dumbledore. But was relieved to find out that Lily had known for a while, and was not going to tell.

And then one night, Faeryns silencing spell went faulty in the middle of a transformation, which caused Lily to wake up at the sound of her pained yelps. She swiftly slid into Faeryns bed and cast another silencing charm as to not wake the other girls in the room. And she played with her hair and was there for her, and didn't ask any questions until the next morning.

Faeryn didn't have a very good answer for her, though. As she had no idea why she shared the pains of her twin brother.

It had started when they were children, and Faeryn had broken her arm while spinning in a tire swing. Remus had complained of static running throughout his arm where she had broken hers. And it slowly progressed from there, Faeryn would feel little pinches of pain during full moons. Remus would feel the pain of a red handprint on his sister's cheek from their father. Slowly the pain level increased, and they felt more, and they were able to desert more details about each other's aches and injuries.

Remus felt the heat and the pinching of his sister's first period, which was a very awkward conversation for 11-year-old Remus, who had no idea what a period was, or why his stomach felt like it was going to fall out.

And now they felt every pain, even if one small nerve in Faeryns finger intercepted any pain, it would send a reaction not only to Faeryns brain, but Remus's as well.

And neither of them knew why.

They had read all the books they could find that possibly had the answer, and there was nothing.

They even asked Dumbledore, who only looked at them with a knowing glint in his eye, and sent them on their way with some cryptic words about "Destiny" and "The inability to control ones future."

That obviously didn't help, as his words had nothing to do with their question. He did allow them access to the restricted section of the library, where after a few weeks of reading they found nothing.

Soon they gave up, accepting the shared pains as something that would always happen, something they couldn't change.

Lily had done her own research when Faeryn told her about it, and had come up blind. Only finding something about a myth that twins would share some pains and thoughts, but nothing to the extent of Remus and Faeryn, who felt every poke and prod of pain.

There were only five people who knew about it, and most of them went against Faeryns want to not tell anybody. She didn't want to take people's focus off of Remus and his needs, he had it worse.

The five people were her and Remus, obviously. Lily, Dumbledore, and Madam Pomfrey. Remus told her sometime in 3rd year after a particularly bad moon and begged her to give his sister a pain potion, even though Faeryn insisted that she was fine.

Faeryn made Remus promise not the tell the Marauders when they found out about his lycanthropy. She saw Sirius as a brother, and he saw her as a sister, and she knew he would be worried about her. She didn't want any attention pulled away from her brother. Especially Sirius's attention, which Remus seemed to need his the most, although for a reason she was unsure of.

"He's doing awful," she replied to Lily with a frown, "He ought to be in the hospital wing for the next few days."

Lily frowned at her food, "How are you feeling, Fae?" she asked.

Faeryn scoffed, and then regretted the attitude toward her friend, "Sorry, but you know I don't like it when you ask me that." she said with a slight frown.

"Yeah I know, but you are in pain too," she added, shoving a fork into her mouth.

"I'm fine Lils, don't worry about me," she replied smoothly with a faux smile.

Lily looked reluctant to agree, but did so anyway as she brought up their next class, asking what Faeryn thought they would be doing in charms later in the day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
4K 62 68
As Sirius grew up, he not only had to battle the growing disappointment his parents had brewing for him, but also the odd dance that fired in his sto...
55.2K 3.3K 63
Sirius stared at Lily. "I suppose this means everything is going to change, doesn't it?" Lily smiled. "Yes," she said. "I suppose it does." ...
580K 16K 76
Freya loves Sirius Black, but is too scared to tell him. * * * * Can I just love you in my heart, love you in my mind? Or do I have to find the gut...