Quirks don't make a hero

By Unalive

Izuku Yagi is the son of Inko and Toshinori Yagi, and the brother of Ikaru Yagi. He's bullied by Katsuki Baku... More

Chapter 1: The start
Chapter 2: The exams and a new...friend
Chapter 3: The not-a-date, the letters, and the twisted truth
Chapter 4: The first day
Chapter 5: The USJ attack
Chapter 6: Dad-fucking-zawa
Chapter 7: Fluffy...?
Chapter 8: The sports festival part 1
Chapter 9: The sports festival part 2
Chapter 10: The sports festival part 3
Chapter 11: The sports festival part 4
Chapter 12: The date
NEW BOOK
Chapter 13: Class 1A
Chapter 13.5: After the date
13.6: After the date part 2
School 😔
Chapter 14: The tests
Chapter 15: Stain
🍋Smut🍋
Chapter 16: Recovery
NEW BOOK...again
Chapter 17: Mei gets screen time
Chapter 18: ✨Therapy✨
Chapter 19: A lesson in morality
Chapter 20: Pre Game Chatter
Chapter 21: Midterms
Chapter 23: Camp Camp
Chapter 24: The calm and the storm
Chapter 25: The eye of the storm
Chapter 26: The whole fucking hurricane
Chapter 27: Hospitals galore
Chapter 28: Comfort
Chapter 29: Awake
{Indefinate Haitus}
Discontinued (Sorry)

Chapter 22: Shopping is fun

6.4K 182 72
By Unalive

"Hello...Izuku Yagi..."

"Oh, god damn it,"

~~~

As Izuku was surrounded by darkness, he could make out a couple of voices, though they were foggy, he could recognize them as his boyfriend and parents.

"Hnggg," Izuku groaned into the darkness, opening a single eye to a slit before immediately squeezing it shut again due to the bright lights glaring on him.

"Guys, guys, he's up!" Izuku heard Hitoshi say, feeling his presence come closer.

He didn't open his eyes until he could see a shadow blocking the light's harsh glare, and he was met with the sight of his worried boyfriend.

"Hey," Izuku whispered, voice as dry as the Sahara desert.

"Here, drink this," Hitoshi said, handing him a glass of water.

After taking a long sip, he pulled away from the glass with an audible sigh of relief, "thanks Hito."

"Are you ok?" Hitoshi asked, taking a seat on the bed as he grabbed hold of the greenette's hand.

"Yeah, I'm okay," Izuku replied with a small smile.

"I'm glad," Hitoshi whispered with a smile.

They sat in peaceful silence for a few moments, staring into each other's eyes before it was broken by a fake cough.

"Alright love birds, we need to check on Izuku," Aizawa said with crossed arms and an amused smirk.

The boys jumped apart, flushing in embarrassment as a chuckling Recovery Girl briefly checked over Izuku's wounds.

"He's good to go, he just needs to rest for a bit," Recover Girl said, lightly tapping Izuku's leg with her cane.

"Thank you Recovery Girl," Izuku bowed, Hitoshi bowing after him.

"My pleasure dearies, run along now, you've made your fathers very worried," she said with a smile.

Izuku nodded to her before he walked over to his parents and gave them a hug.

"I'm sorry for worrying you," Izuku whispered into the hug, feeling them squeeze him a little tighter.

"It's alright clover, I'm just glad you're okay," Yamada said, holding Izuku's cheeks in his hands as he stared into his son's eyes.

"Clover?" Izuku asked though it was muffled by the way Yamada was holding his cheeks.

"'Cuz you're green, and you're pretty unlucky, so I thought it would be ironic," Hitoshi and Aizawa snorted while Izuku just shrugged his shoulders.

"That's fair," Izuku nodded, "let's just go home."

"Sounds good, broccoli," Aizawa said with a smirk, causing Hitoshi and Yamada to laugh as Izuku huffed with crossed arms.

Izuku truly loved his family.

~~~

"So, what happened in the final match?" Izuku asked, snuggled in between his dad and boyfriend with his papa on the other side of his dad. They were all sprawled out on the couch watching Rio.

"Well, it wasn't really that exciting, to be honest," Hitoshi lightly scratched the side of his head with his eyes closed.

"Explain it to me, please," Izuku stared into Hitoshi's eyes with puppy dog eyes.

He knew no one could resist them.

"You're so manipulative," Hitoshi huffed, "Ikaru and Shoto started out by hiding in an alleyway to plan before Shoto froze All Might in a giant glacier, but before All Might could punch himself out of it, Shoto shot fire at him to cause a nice little implosion. As All Might was dazed, Ikaru came in and sent in a powerful shock wave to disorient him even more. As All Might was distracted, Ikaru snagged the cuffs onto him before he could straighten up."

"I still don't see why they put them with All Might. They gained nothing from that since they both have powerful quirks and work well together. Horrible planning," Izuku huffed, miffed that they forced him to face one of his traumas while they got out of this easily.

"That's what I said, but Nezu said it was because they already grouped everyone else and that since they had such powerful quirks they wouldn't be as injured as if some of the students with mental quirks faced off against him," Aizawa sighed.

"I guess that's true, but I'm still annoyed that I was forced to face one of my triggers while they literally had a golden ticket to victory," Izuku grumbled, snuggling deeper into his loved one's sides.

"Well, they did lose some points because of the property damage, but yeah. We can talk about it with Hound Dog in your next session," Yamada said, refusing to tear his gaze away from the screen.

"Wow, you really love this movie, huh?" Izuku said to his papa.

"Yeah, I love the music and the animation. It's beautiful," Yamada sighed happily.

"I'm glad we can watch it with you, papa," Izuku smiled, feeling his dad's squeeze him affectionately.

"Yeah," Yamada said, looking over the couch and seeing his family happily watch the movie.

"Me too."

~~~

"Why are we here again?" Izuku sighed, holding tightly onto Hitoshi's hand as he wearily looked around the crowded mall.

"Because your dad thought it would be a nice way to bond with our classmates, and also we need things for the upcoming trip," Hitoshi grumbled.

After the midterms, Aizawa announced that everyone was going on the upcoming field trip to the summer camp. The class decided to go to the mall to buy the items for the trip, claiming it to be a class bonding activity.

When they asked the boys, Izuku and Hitoshi were about to say no, but before they could, they caught the watchful eye of Aizawa, who looked like he had something to say, and said they'd answer the next day.

That night during dinner, Aizawa told Izuku that they should go so they could bond with their classmates, and Izuku told Hitoshi such during their nightly phone call.

The next day, they told Mina, the organizer, that they'd go.

Which eventually led to them being surrounded by strangers in a crowded mall with none of their classmates in sight since they had all split up into smaller groups to shop earlier.

"Hey, I have to use the bathroom, so just wait over there by the fountain until I come back, ok?" Hitoshi turned to look at the shorter boy, who just smiled sweetly and nodded. Hitoshi kissed his temple before making his way towards the bathroom.

As Izuku was walking towards the bench in front of the fountain, he felt someone slide their arm around his shoulders, making him tense in place. He felt the hot breathe of air tickle against his ear as the unknown figure leaned down to whisper in his ears.

As they bent down, he could see the light blue hair in the part that wasn't hidden by the ragged black hoodie they wore.

"Hello...Izuku Yagi..." Shigaraki spoke.

"God damn it," Izuku sighed, looking up at the manic face of the killer.

"Now now, no need for that. I just want to have a talk," Shigaraki said, placing his hand around Izuku's neck with four fingers, leading him to the bench.

As they sat down, Izuku pulled out the knife he hid in the secret compartment in his sleeve before discreetly poking it harshly into Shigaraki's side.

"Disintegrate me and you'll have this lodged into your liver before you can even say the words 'plus ultra'," Izuku said, neon green eyes lit with malice stared into the startled blood red ones.

"Hmm, I thought you were an assassin, but now I'm starting to think you're a rogue," Shigaraki said with interest twinkling in his crimson eyes that remind him so much of Katsuki.

"Just get on with it already. You said you wanted to talk, so talk," Izuku said, pressing the knife deeper ever so slightly that Shigaraki could feel a little pinch.

"Alright, alright. I'd like you to tell me something, Izuku Yagi, what is the difference between me and Stain? We both attacked in Hosu, and we both injured pro-heroes, yet he's getting all of the spotlight while I'm being completely ignored," Shigaraki scratched his neck with his free hand, dried flakes of skin falling off and onto the ground.

"Well, my guess is ideals. While Stain has been very open about his ideals, about how fake heroes are an abomination and only some heroes are real heroes, you don't really have any ideals or motivations. You keep saying that you want to kill All Might, end All Might, but you're not really saying why you want to get rid of All Might. Why do you want to kill All Might?" Izuku explained, too deep into his explanation to see the growing smile of the man beside him.

"I see..." Shigaraki whispered, looking like someone just gave him all of the answers in the universe, "it's because of All Might!"

"I literally never said that," Izuku deadpanned.

"It's because of All Might that all of these people are smiling so happily, never having seen the true horrors of the world!" Shigaraki ignored Izuku and continued on with his speech. "I just need to kill All Might!"

"I- You know what, you do you," Izuku sighed, wishing Hitoshi would be back soon.

"Izuku?"

Speak of the devil.

"Hey- Who are you?" Hitoshi looked at Shigaraki, who let go of his throat and smiled at Hitoshi.

"Ah! I didn't know you were with a friend! I'll take my leave now! Shigaraki stood up and walked away as Hitoshi ran over to Izuku to make sure he was ok.

"The next time I see you, I won't be as merciful," Shigaraki said, his back facing towards Izuku, most likely for dramatic effect.

What can he say, he's a drama queen.

"Right back at you bitch," Izuku smirked, even with the growing bruise on his neck.

Shigaraki just smirked at the attitude and walked away, no trace of him left behind in the crowd.

"Are you okay?" Hitoshi worriedly asked Izuku.

"Yeah," he replied, staring at the direction Shigaraki walked in.

"I think I just helped my enemy though."

~~~

Word count: 1651

I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING THIS RECENTLY I'VE BEEN BUSY AND DEPRESSION SUCKS AND I HAD NO MOTIVATION BUT HERE THIS IS AHHH

Anyways

Edited by @natopotat uwu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.3K 1.1K 51
Izuku Yagi lives in a shinobi world so what the hell is a quirk anyway? Chakra never died out and the shinobi world never fell in Boruto's time inste...
17.6K 187 7
Izuku Forza was once a Yagi until he was diagnosed as quirkless. Izuku's life became a living nightmare when his family began to neglect and abused h...
25.1K 594 10
Izuku Midoriya, formerly known as Yagi experienced hell Ever since he was 4 and was diagnosed as Quirkless his life turn 180 degree School sabotaged...