empty bottles: k.m.(under con...

By iamklausmikaelson_

Long live the King and Queen, and the reigning pain down in New Orleans! Book One of 'Save My Soul.' More

long way from home - prologue
old wounds meet new - chapter 1
the blood never stops flowing! - chapter 2
i don't have time for your mikaelson drama - chapter 3 part 1
devil bred bastard - chapter 3 part 2
the hybrid wife and the pregnant werewolf - chapter 4 part 1
the brother in laws' promise at the extent of the daughter - chapter 4 part 2
the devil child and big auggie's bayou bar - chapter 5
a heart's inconvenience and falling fruit - chapter 6
oh, to the trigger happy hybrids - chapter 7
the treacherous royal family - chapter 8 part 1
all hail. - chapter 8 part 2
the compelled therapist - chapter 9 part 1
queen takes king - chapter 9 part 2
till new kingdom come - chapter 10
the modern day casket girl - chapter 11 part 1
the maternal gene - chapter 11 part 2
by the light of the silv'ry moon - chapter 12
a mother's mourning - chapter 13
wicked games - chapter 14
kept 6 feet under - chapter 15
the bloodletting - chapter 16
shall we, Mr Mikaelson? - chapter 17
where can i go to save my soul? - chapter 18
the honorary Mikaelson - chapter 19
as the moon hits its apex - chapter 20
turn your back on the king - chapter 21
tyrannical jealousy - chapter 22
malraux - chapter 23
paranoid painting - chapter 24
the honest queen - chapter 25
devil in the deep dark quarter - chapter 26
the unveiling - chapter 27
the calm before the storm - chapter 28
snake in the grass - chapter 29
to an explosive compromise - chapter 30
pretty little head - chapter 31
to the new generation - chapter 32
royal prisoner - chapter 34
the reigning pain down in New Orleans - chapter 35

the nexus vorti - chapter 33

776 24 2
By iamklausmikaelson_

Davina took an opportunity whilst the Compound was left bare. She stood in Klaus's study, eyeing Mikael's spirit suspiciously.

'It says I need to channel power from a nexus vorti?'

Mikael stood in a black suit as he spoke, 'Ah, yes. My wife, Esther, always did love to dress things up a bit. It's fancy witch-speak. A nexus vorti-- a rare occurrence. Something so infrequent, it's almost a miracle. Like, an astrological event. Or...' He trailed off. Mikael wanted to use every opportunity he could to kill the Original family, he thought he could take advantage of the little witch.

'...A miracle baby.'

The Vampire who hunted Vampires smiled maniacally, 'Voilà'

Lafayette Cemetery- Altar

Nouvelle vie, nouvelle âme, mélange avec nous.

Genevieve lifted the Mikaelson baby into the air as the witches began to chant, not realising that Klaus, Astrid and Elijah had begun to close in on them.

Astrid had realised that they could break through the illusion by breaking the graves and so they did, each mystical mausoleum falling apart with a singular punch. 'We've passed through here twice already. We're running out of time.' Elijah stayed frustrated and Astrid tried avoiding him at every chance she could, trying to take a grasp of herself - flinching when the elder brother punched through a wall.

'Then we move faster.' Klaus replied as the brothers stood behind her. The hybrid husband  drew a third marking with chalk on the wall to mark how many times they passed it when a familiar voice called out from behind the trio, Astrid's heart dropping through her stomach in shock as her head flipped round.

'Or smarter.'

Hayley Marshall stood in the opening of the tomb, in shock and looking drained. Astrid's eyes widened as Elijah stepped forward to the resurrected wolf.

'Hayley.'

Astrid rushed over to her, 'How are you here?'

'I woke up in the church. I felt this hunger... I knew what I needed. I can feel her. She's here. I can feel my baby.'

Nik realised what happened quickly, 'You died with the baby's blood still in your system.' He turned to his wife, 'She's in transition.'

'Which means she has to drink the blood of the child if she is to survive.' Elijah looked absolutely horrified and Klaus finally processed, 'To be reborn a hybrid'

'I don't care about me. I'm gonna go find our daughter.' Hayley looked between Astrid and Klaus before stalking off in the other direction, Astrid joining her side and the Mikaelson brothers following closely behind.

Meanwhile at the Mikaelson Compound.

De la cendre à l'os, de la chair à la vie! From ash to bone, from bone to flesh, from flesh to life!

Davina fell to the floor unconscious as Mikael finally felt the wooden floorboards beneath him, he steadied himself before smiling. He took a deep breath of air and stretched out, knowing that he'd been brought back.

Lafayette Cemetery.

Nouvelle vie, nouvelle âme, mélange avec nous.

The three witches stood over the child. Genevieve held the knife above the babies head as Hayley guided the three other immortals through the maze of graves. Astrid stayed by Hayley's side the whole time and Klaus kept a watchful eye on the two, Elijah was blinded by his rage as he paced behind Astrid. They turned a corner and Astrid's eyes flared gold as Hayley shrieked.

'No!'

Elijah threw an urn at Genevieve, knocking the ritual knife out of her hand as she fell to the floor. All four immortals ran at the witches but the two harvest girls channelled the power of the ancestors, throwing them back and Astrid crashing into a mausoleum - a random arm bone falling on top of her.

La mère, le père, le frère, la sœur... La mère, le père, le frère, la sœur...

'You fools! To come against us in our place of power in our strongest hour? You don't face three, you face us all!'

Astrid's pupils narrowed and seemed to flee from the expanding white of her eyes, noticing a face amongst the vision of ancestors that stood before them. Hundreds of them had joined Monique and Abigail in defending the sacrifice as a woman stood out among the crowd. She wasn't among them, but held the hand of one on the outside. Her dress looked older then the ancestors and she didn't have her arms out.

She stared straight at Astrid.

The brothers ran in opposite directions and Hayley ran through the front, but Astrid couldn't move.

The spirit disappeared and reappeared behind Astrid, grabbing her by her hair and pulling her back. 'Astrid!' Klaus saw her and went to run to  his wife but Papa Tunde's twins cut in front of him and threw him into a tomb, shattering the infrastructure.

'You picked the wrong side, girl.' The voice whispered in Astrid's ear and her whole body went cold. Acting on impulse, she pulled away from the spirit and booted her in the stomach. The ghostly image flew backwards, her structure shattering before turning back around and breaking a spike off of a wrought iron fence - throwing it at Abigail instantly.

Hayley ran at Genevieve and punched her in the face as she fell down as Elijah fought to get close enough to the baby. Abigail choked on blood as she slowly died and Klaus vamped to her side, grabbing her hand before vamping toward the baby when Monique grabbed the ritual knife - prepared to finish the ritual herself.

The husband and wife were suddenly blocked by a wall of fire as the new immortal mother cried out, 'No!'

Hayley was just as stuck as the others, pressured into the floor by a pin infliction spell - Genevieve standing over her. Just as Monique was about to drive the knife into the baby, the Devil's star was thrown into her stomach.

The teenage witch looked up in shock and made eye contact with Astrid before an array of cuts covered her entire body and she fell, the knife falling out of her hand. Astrid turned around, 'Marcel?'

The Prodigal son looked around at the Mikaelsons before vamping to the baby and taking her out of the basket and vamping off again.

The four looked at each other before Hayley nodded to Astrid from the floor. Astrid vamped off after Marcel and Klaus followed swiftly behind.

The Mikaelson Compound.

Astrid arrived first, sneaking into the compound to see Marcel leaning against the fountain with the Miracle baby in his arms. Her face was stormy until her eyes landed on the bundle of cloth.

'How is she?' Astrid voice broke barely above a murmur. Marcel looked up at her, tears brimming in his eyes. 'She's perfect'.

Astrid's eyes flooded as she knelt down and sat on her knees. She pursed her lips for a moment before looking at Marcel, trying to hold back tears herself but they broke. They smiled at each other and she let out a chuckle. 'You're hurt.'

'I'll be okay' he kept his eyes on the child, ignoring the werewolf bite. 'Marcel no - here'

She held out her wrist to him and his eyes glimmered at her show of kindness before he took one hand and guided her wrist to his lips. Astrid never knew her blood could cure werewolf bites so this was a first for her as his fangs sunk into her veins. When he was done, she cleaned her wrist up with the corner of her trench coat before looking at the baby in wonder.

'C - Can I?' Astrid asked and he held out the child to her. She took her into her arms gently and stood up slowly, Marcel looking at the pair with reverence. 'Hey babygirl.' She whispered as she fixed the cloth that swaddled her and gasped when a tiny hand manage to escape it and grab hers, the same finger her mother did the day she was born.

'Well aren't you precious?' She cooed as her moment was interrupted by Nik coming into the compound next. He stopped in his tracks when he was blessed with the image before him. Klaus had seen Astrid in almost every light there was but to see her doting over a baby made his heart explode. She stood a mere few feet in front of him, smiling adoringly down at his child as if she was her own flesh and blood.

Marcel watched as the man walked over to his wife and she looked up at him, her teeth contrasting to the blood that smeared her neck. Amongst the bloodshed, that moment was so innocent and pure that it would be etched into their memories for the rest of time. Nik slid behind Astrid to give her a few more moments with the baby and stared down at his daughter with a look that had been foreign to Marcel since the Mikaelsons returned to town.

Any frown or crease in the hybrid's face had relaxed entirely and his eyes were entirely wonderstruck. After a moment, Nik put his hands out slowly, not being entirely sure how to ask but Astrid caught on and handed her to him slowly - allowing him to have his moment with his daughter.

'Oh shhh it's okay. Hey there' Klaus murmured when the baby opened her eyes for the first time to see Klaus and Astrid staring back at her.

Klaus's baby voice was something Astrid thought she'd never hear and she chuckled as she watched them. He held the baby out in front of him and tears brewed in his own eyes before Marcel spoke up.

'This bite, all this...' he looked over at Diego's dead body, 'I know it didn't come from nowhere. This is the last note in a song that I started a century ago when I brought your dad to town. And for that, I am sorry.'

'You saved the baby's life, Marcel. I think that's a start.' Astrid smiled down at him before reaching an arm out and Marcel accepted it, pulling him to his feet. Klaus looked up for a moment and spoke to Marcel in a hushed tone, 'We will take down whoever brought this upon us. I swear it.'

None of the immortals realised but the baby's grandfather stood hidden behind a gate with a violent scowl dancing across his brow. He had a tight grip on the white oak stake Klaus had threatened Rebekah with many moons ago.

...

Nik and Astrid awaited Hayley and Elijah's arrival in the babies nursery. Klaus placed her gently into the crib they had set up and the husband and wife stood in silence, to distracted by the miracle in front of him.

'She has your eyes, Nik.'

Astrid hung onto his arm and leant into him and he smiled at the comment, 'You think?'. They looked at each other for a moment with grins on their faces before looking back as the Mikaelson baby fidgeted.

Down the hall, Mikael began to make his way to the nursery unbeknownst to the husband and wife. Davina realised the situation but didn't panic as she had added something to the spell. The young witch pulled him back and Mikael began to protest all the way back to St. Ann's church.

St. Ann's

'Agh! Stop!'

Mikael cried out as he got yanked into the attic. 'No' Davina sounded to confident.

'You brought me back to kill them!'

'No. I brought you back to punish Klaus not Astrid. You don't touch her. And you will when I'm ready and not a moment before'.

Mikael looked around flustered, 'What have you done?'. The young witch smirked and held up a dark magic bracelet, 'I added a little something extra to the spell that brought you back.'

The man looked quite different to how he did throughout the centuries, Klaus and Astrid would be shocked to see him in this state. He looked entirely inferior to the harvest girl as she brought him to his knees in front of her with a smile.

'Kneel'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 4.1K 34
"No one gets to tell me what to do anymore. My life, my choices." Secrets, hidden pasts, and one hell of a ride that all starts with one woman. Will...
12.7K 179 26
After her one-night-stand with klaus, Katherine Pierce travels to New Orleans unexpectedly what awaits her...
254K 3.2K 35
France Paris was my second home but New Orleans was my original home when I got a phone call from Marcel saying he needed my help I couldn't say no...
3.5K 75 23
Oneshots of your favorite The Originals characters!