Healing Hale | Scott McCall

By enchantingherondale

Brooklyn 'Brooke' Hale had fled the small town of Beacon Hills six years ago when she thought she lost all of... More

✰ 𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜 𝕪𝕠𝕦 ✰
✰ ℂ𝕒𝕤𝕥 ✰
✰ 1 ✰
✰ 2 ✰
✰ 3 ✰
✰ 4 ✰
✰ 5 ✰
✰ 6 ✰
✰ 7 ✰
✰ 8 ✰
✰ 9 ✰
✰ 10 ✰
✰ 11 ✰
✰ 12 ✰
✰ 13 ✰
✰ 14 ✰
✰ 15 ✰
✰ 16 ✰
✰ 17 ✰
✰ 18 ✰
✰ 19 ✰
✰ 20 ✰
✰ 21 ✰
✰ 22 ✰
✰ 23 ✰
✰ 25 ✰
✰ 26 ✰
✰ 27 ✰
✰ 28 ✰
✰ 29 ✰
✰ 30 ✰
✰ 31 ✰
✰ 32 ✰
✰ 33 ✰
✰ 34 ✰
✰ 35 ✰
✰ 36 ✰
✰ 37 ✰
✰ 𝕊𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕝 ✰

✰ 24 ✰

3.7K 101 27
By enchantingherondale

⤚⤙ 𝓑𝓸𝓷𝔂 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮𝓼 ⤚⤙

"Hey Brooklyn, you don't happen to look really like your mother or maybe a cousin of Derek's do you?" Stiles asked her slyly as he slid next to her.

"No. If I did, don't you think dad would've said something." Brooke deadpanned.

Stiles pursed his lips and nodded, turning back to look over at the girl's father. The two and Scott stood watching as Derek, still as a teenager, signed release forms with a deputy so they could leave.

After a few moments more of silence Scott spoke up. "I shouldn't have done that. I lied my ass off."

"Hey, your ass is fine." Stiles told his best friend, "You saved him a ton of unnecessary pain. We'll figure this out in a day or two, he goes back to being old Derek, everyone's happy. Except for Derek, who's never happy."

The Stilinski squinted his eyes at his last statement before receiving a punch from Brooklyn. "Ow!" he exclaimed rubbing his arm tenderly while muttering something under his breath like, "Why do you have to have such a hard punch?"

Completely ignoring the two, Scott carried on with the conversation. "It's just another person that we're lying to. Just that I always feel like it's better when we tell the truth. With Lydia, my mom, your dad Stiles."

"But that is Derek Hale in there. He may be a kid right now," Stiles pointed out. A knot formed in Brooklyn's stomach as she thought about the possibility of him being stuck as a teenager. "but he's still Derek Hale."

"Alright," Scott turned to Brooke and Stiles, "take him to my house and don't let him out of your sight."

"And where are you going?" Stiles questioned.

"I'm going to go talk to the guy we should have gone to before."

"Uh... yeah I hate that guy" Stiles stated.

At the same time Brooke remarked, "Good luck with that." A look on her face that read 'rather you than me'.

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

"We're going to wait here for Scott. We're going to sit quietly. And we're not going to call or talk to anyone." Stiles told Derek as he led the two Hales into the McCall house.

"Do I talk to her?" Derek asked motioning towards Brooke.

"No." Stiles replied.

Derek asked another question, "Do I talk to you?"

Once again Stiles replied, "No."

"Good." the Hale boy stated.

"Fine." Stiles said.

"Boys." Brooke muttered under her breathe with an eye roll.

"Who's going to talk to him?" Derek questioned as the trio came across Mr McCall. He was holding a takeout bag and looked very confused at the sight of the three teens in front of him.

"Ah! Are you getting taller?" the Stilinski exclaimed.

"What are you guys doing here?" the FBI agent inquired.

"Waiting for Scott." Derek answered.

"Yeah, so am I. We're supposed to have dinner." Mr McCall said. Brooklyn looked down at her shoes, remembering the promise Scott made to his dad.
"I bought extra. You guys hungry?"

"Yeah."

"Mhm."

"No."

It doesn't take a genius to guess who said what. "We're not hungry." Stiles continued.

Derek glanced at him annoyedly, "No, I'm starving."

"None of us are hungry. Thanks though." the Stilinski said.

"Well..." Brooklyn awkwardly added. Stiles shot her a look of disbelief.

Mr McCall nodded, "Okay, well, if you're not hungry, Stiles, Brooklyn and your friend can still eat with us. What's your name?"

The Hale boy did a double take of Brooke having picked up on her name. But in his mind his daughter was only a year old. It could only be a coincidence.

Derek went to say his name but Stiles cut in. "Miguel." the sheriff's son stated. Brooke winced. She hoped that Scott's dad would brush it off because Stiles hadn't done a good job at being inconspicuous. 

Eyes narrowed at Stiles. Derek being totally confused about why he couldn't say his real name.

"My cousin Miguel." the Stilinski continued, patting Derek on the back in a friendly fashion. The Hale boy looked so done with the boy next to him as he wore a tight smile. "From Mexico. So..."

Scott's dad started speaking in Spanish to Derek. Stiles held his breath while Brooke smirked knowingly. Much to Stiles' relief, Derek replied fluently in the foreign language.

"Fantastic." Mr McCall told him. "Egg roll?"

"Hell, yeah." Derek answered. A happy smile now on his face at Stiles' disheveled facial expression. The Hales followed after the FBI agent as he opened the takeout bag.

"Shrimp fried rice or pork fried rice?"

"Shrimp fried."

Stiles laughed nervously, talking to himself. "Fantastic! Egg roll."

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

The four of them sat around the table, each with a nice meal in front of them. Brooke sat across from Stiles and Derek and Mr McCall we're facing one another.

"So, uh, Miguel," Scott's dad said, "what did you say your last name was again?"

Stiles cut in once again, "Oh, it's Juarez Cinqua Tiago."

"That's a mouthful." the FBI agent replied. He looked to Derek once again, "How'd you spell that."

The Hale boy turned to Stiles expectantly, telling him to go on with his eyes and with a shrug. The Stilinski caught this look and answered, "Phonetically."

Derek saw Mr McCall's badge placed on the table. He turned towards the man and asked, "Mr McCall you're an FBI agent?"

"He's low level. Very low level. He doesn't even have a voice." Stiles put in.

Ignoring the Stilinski, Derek continued, "So do you investigate murders?"

"Sometimes. When it's a federal crime." Mr McCall said.

"What about fires?" The Hale boy asked. Stiles and Brooklyn shared a very worried glance across the table.

"You know what. I wonder where Scott is." Brooke tried to divert the conversation.

"Yeah, shouldn't Scott be here by now. We should call Scott. " Stiles added.

"What kind of fires are you talking about?" Scott's dad asked as though the two other teens weren't talking.

"Do you know anything about the Hale family?"

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

Derek slammed Stiles into the closed door of Scott's bedroom. He held the Stilinski's skull firmly against the wood as he glared furiously at the back of the boy's head.

"Okay, we didn't lie. We omitted certain truths." Stiles tried to reason. "Vital truths now that I think about it."

The Hale boy, having none of it, let go of Stiles with a final shove, moving further into the room. Brooke stood to the side watching the encounter worriedly. Her father hadn't looked at her once since Mr McCall revealed who she was.

"I don't want to talk to you. I want to talk to the Alpha. I'll talk to Scott." Derek shouted.

"Okay. We're going to go get him. My phone's downstairs. Going to call him real quick. You stay here. Just don't move, okay? Don't move."

Stiles grabbed ahold of Brooke's wrist gently dragging her along behind him. He walked a couple paces before doubling back really quickly.

"Don't..." he started until he realised Derek hadn't moved. "I thought you..." he shyly walked away again.

Brooke rolled her eyes at his antics and Derek looked like he had just seen the stupidest person alive.

The pair had dialled Scott and were on their way back to the Alpha's room while taking to him. "No, he's in your bedroom, he'll be totally fine." Stiles told his best friend. "To be honest, I'm starting to miss the old Derek.

So, if you actually think that Kate's coming to find him.." Stiles trailed off. The two coming to a halt at the doorway of Scott's room as they saw Kate climbing out of the window with no Derek in sight.

The Argent sent the two teens a devious smirk before jumping down from the ledge. The hand holding the phone up, dropped to Stiles' side as Brooklyn dashed over to the window.

She looked down to see that her dad and Kate were nowhere to be seen; they'd vanished into the night.

"You might be right." Brooke sighed.

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

Armed with a shotgun, Brooklyn ran with Lydia and Stiles towards the high school. They stopped underneath the underpass, the strawberry blonde glanced down to the weapon in the Stilinski's hand.

"You seriously need to find something better than a baseball bat." She told him. Stiles looked offended but nonetheless ran with the two girls again.

Not long after Brooke felt the magnetic pull and her eyes shone purple. She ran faster, pushing her injured body painfully, leaving Stiles and Lydia behind.

Running up a couple of steps, she came across a creature she'd never seen before and Scott, Malia and Kira strewn across the floor by its feet.

The creature was a various mixture of beige, brown and off-white. It wore bones and leather, stood very tall and had a skull across its face. It was definitely a new one for Brooke.

She quickly raise her gun, firing powerful bullets at the creature which, annoyingly, didn't seem to do all that much. Only knocking the thing back a step.

Why was everything in Beacon Hills so hard to kill?

Completely focused on attacking the creature, the Hale girl didn't see another one creeping up towards her from the side.

She heard Scott scream her name from his position on the floor before the impact came. The second creature's bony, taloned hand slammed into her face she was sent hurtling to the floor next to Scott.

She groaned in pain. Her earlier injuries making the harsh contact with the floor worse. The True Alpha looked at her worriedly, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder as she propped herself up on her elbows.

The pair glanced over to the creatures when they saw they were slow approaching. Luckily, before the bony things could attack them Derek came up from behind and started to fight them.

They watched as young Derek flipped, slashed and swiped. The creatures put up a good fight but it was clear the the Hale boy had the upper hand.

Derek dropped to a crouch, completely wolfing out as he continued his assault. He managed to knock one a few paces back and flipped himself over the other one to do the same when the creatures suddenly took off.

The lot of them wore very confused expressions as the bony things simply ran away. Derek stood upright, making Brooke furrow her eyebrows at his height.

She got up from the floor, staring curiously at her fathers back as she asked, "Dad?"

The Hale boy turned around slowly, revealing that he was back to his normal self. However, his eyes were no longer their steel blue but a golden yellow.

She put this change to the back of her mind for now as she ran to embrace the man in a hug. Derek wrapped his arms around her as she squeezed the life out of him.

"I thought I lost you." she whispered to him. All the anxiety and worry that had been building up inside of her all day dissipated in an instant.

He chuckled softly, "It would take a lot more than that for you to lose me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

701 32 12
Story 2/2 It doesn't matter which one you read first! After leaving Beacon Hills a few years ago because of the Hale fire Cassie Scott-Hale Has fina...
357K 13.5K 46
𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 | alyssa hale g͏e͏t͏s ͏m͏o͏r͏e ͏t͏h͏a͏n ͏s͏h͏e ͏b͏a͏r͏g͏a͏i͏n͏e͏d ͏f͏o͏r ͏w͏h͏e͏n ͏s͏h͏e r͏e͏t͏u͏r͏n͏s ͏t͏o ͏b͏e͏a͏c͏o͏n ͏h͏i͏l͏l͏s...
12.4K 255 24
Derek Hale × OC Alex McCall returns to Beacon Hills after receiving a frantic call from her mother regarding her younger brother, Scott. Alex's inst...
226K 4.8K 21
Sequel To "Scott's Mate" **** Ariana Hale just arrived back to Beacon Hills from London. She reunites with the McCall pack, happy as can be. But of...