Through the Universe [2]

By NLPrivett

Second of the Protector Series. The Doctor has now regenerated into his 10th regeneration, Rose and Galaxy a... More

Season 2
Born Again
II. The Christmas Invasion
I. New Earth
II. New Earth
Dreams
I. Tooth and Claw
II. Tooth and Claw
On Earth and the TARDIS
I. School Reunion
II. School Reunion
Antics In the TARDIS
I. Rise of the Cybermen
II. Rise of the Cybermen
I. The Age of Steel
II. The Age of Steel
Telling Rose
Birthday
I. The Idiot's Lantern
II. The Idiot's Lantern
The Doctor's Wife
The Doctor's Wife Pt. 2
I. The Impossible Planet
II. The Impossible Planet
I. The Satan's Pit
II. The Satan's Pit
I. Fear Her
II. Fear Her
A Visit to An Old Friend
I. Army of Ghosts
II. Army of Ghosts
I. Doomsday
II. Doomsday

I. The Christmas Invasion

1K 19 10
By NLPrivett

Rose and I scream as we crash land and fly to the grating flooring. I groan, laying back as my body aches. "You idiot! When you changed, did you lose your brain as well?!" I should, throwing my hands up. "You know, I should slap you!" I glare at the Doctor as he jumps to his feet. "I can do it without hurting myself at the moment!"

"Ah... still upset?" he grimaces, coming over to me and grabbing my hand to help me up.

I pull my hand away from him whilst not looking at him. "What do you think?" I snap with tears in my eyes. "You alright?" I ask Rose, concerned.

"Come on, Lex! I-" his mouth shuts closed when I send him a glare. "I'll just go and look outside," he says before walking out of the TARDIS.

"You alright?" I ask Rose again, looking at her.

"Fine," she tells me and I nod my head.

"Here we are, then!" the Doctor shouts from the door. "London! Earth! The Solar System! I did it!" he laughs.

I roll my eyes, walking over to Rose. "Jackie! Mickey!" he exclaims happily. "Blimey! No, no, no, no, hold on," he stumbles back a bit. "Wait there! I've got something to say... there was something I had to tell you... something important... what was it?" he frowns. "No, hold on, hold on. Hold on, shh, shh, shh, shh... oh! I know!" he smiles, laughing at the two of them. "Merry Christmas!" he cheers before promptly collapsing.

Rose runs outside and kneels next to the Doctor whilst I slowly walk towards the door of the TARDIS.

"I don't know! He just keeled over!" Mickey shouts. "But who is he? Where's the Doctor?"

"That's him. Right in front of you," I tell them before Rose looks over to me as I finish. "That's the Doctor."

"What do you mean, "That's the Doctor"? Doctor Who?" mum asks confused as she stares down at the Doctor who is laying on the ground as if he is dead.

**********

The Doctor is now tucked up in my bed, wearing stripy pyjamas. I'm sat on the edge of the bed looking at him while Rose is sat on the chair at my desk looking at the Doctor before mum walks into the room, holding a stethoscope. "Here we go," mum says, handing me the stethoscope. "Tina the Cleaner's got this lodger, a medical student. And she was fast asleep, so I just took it."

I grab the stethoscope from mum before starting to put it in my ear. "Though, I still say we should take him to hospital," mum tells us, trying to bring up the subject again. I take them out again. "We can't. They'd lock him up. They'd dissect him. One bottle of his blood could change the future of the human race."

Mum opens her mouth to say something but Rose stops her. "No! Shush!" mum stops and I put the stethoscope back in my ears and place it on one side of the Doctor's chest. I hear a steady heartbeat before placing it on the other side and I hear the same. "Both working," I tell them.

"What do you mean "both"?" mum asks confused.

"Well, he's got two hearts," Rose tells mum.

"Oh, don't be stupid," mum demands.

"He has!" I tell mum, looking at her whilst Rose gets up and walks to the door.

"Anything else he's got two of?" she asks Rose and me.

"Leave him alone," Rose tells mum, turning back around.

"Ew. Mum! I don't need that image in my head now!" I exclaim as she walks out of the room. I turn back to the Doctor before walking out of the room and into the living room not aware of a wisp of the golden Time Vortex escaping from the Doctor's mouth and floating towards her and hitting her neck before being absorbed.

**********

Rose's P.O.V:

"How can he go changing his face?" mum asks me as I shut the fridge door. "Is that a different face or is he a different person?"

"How should I know?" I snap before pausing, guiltily. "Sorry."

Mum nods her head before I sigh. "The thing is... I thought I knew him... I thought him and Lexy could be-" I cut myself off when I look over at Galaxy who is laying on the sofa in the living room. "... and then he goes and does this. I keep forgetting he's not human."

I take mum's hand and try to make an effort to calm myself down before I look at her confused. "But, what's wrong with Galaxy? Is she alright? Rose?" mum asks concerned for my sister.

"She's heartbroken, mum," I begin. "He changed and she can't deal with it. She had a connection with the old Doctor and she's scared that she's just lost it. I felt as if he was the one for her but I'm not too sure anymore," I sigh, looking at Galaxy heartbroken and then back at mum confused. "The big question is though... where'd you get a pair of men's pyjamas from?"

"Howard's been staying over," mum tells me, walking away.

"What, Howard from the market? How long's that been going on?" I ask her, questioning.

"A month or so. First of all, he starts delivering to the door and I thought, "that's a bit odd". Next thing you know, it's a bag of oranges..."

I suddenly turn my head towards TV distracting myself from the conversation that mum and I are having. "Is that Harriet Jones?!" I ask confused and slightly shocked before leaving the kitchen and walking into the living room, closer to the TV.

"Oh, never mind me..." mum trails off.

"Why's she on the telly?" I ask staring at the screen.

"She's Prime Minister now. I'm eighteen quid a week better off," mum brags and I smile. "They're calling it Britain's Golden Age. Keep on saying my Rose and Galaxy have met her."

"Did more than that. Stopped World War Three with her. Harriet Jones..."

TV Man - Harriet Jones, what about those calling the Guinevere One Space Probe a waste of money?

Harriet - Now, that's where you're wrong. I completely disagree if you don't mind. The Guinevere One Space Probe represents this country's limitless ambition. British workmanship sailing up there among the stars.

Llewellyn - This is the spirit of Christmas, birth and rejoicing, and the dawn of a new age, and that is what we're achieving fifteen million miles away. Our very own miracle.

A computerised image of the probe zooming from the Earth.

Newsreader - The unmanned probe Guinevere One is about to make its final descent! Photographs of the Martians Landscape should be received by midnight tonight!

**********

Galaxy's P.O.V:

Mickey took Rose shopping about thirty minutes ago. They tried to get me to go with them but I refused so now I'm laying down on my bed, next to the Doctor with my head on his chest. 'ba-da-da-bump, ba-da-da-bump'. I am so tired even with the nap that I had earlier so I let the rhythm of both his hearts lull me to sleep.

**********

I shoot up with wide eyes when the front door slams open. Rose and Mickey run past the bedroom door and I scramble to get up, running after them. "Get off the phone!" Rose shouts, her eyes wide and her face slightly pale, making me frown. "It's only Bev! She says 'hello'," mum smiles.

Rose grabs the phone from mum. "Bev? Yeah, look, it'll have to wait!" she hangs up the phone and sets it down. "Right, it's not safe," she turns to us.

"Wait, Rose. What's happening? What's going on?" I ask cautiously.

"These Santa's chased us," Mickey Mouse answers shakily.

"... Santa's?" I repeat, slightly confused.

"Yes!" Rose nods.

"We can never get a day off work," I say to myself.

"Well, trouble does follow him around like a lost puppy."

I shake my head slightly, grabbing onto it and running my hands through my hair.

"It's Christmas Eve!" Mum shouts at Rose and I look at her confused at what has happened. "We're not going anywhere! What're you babbling about?" she demands.

"Mum..." Rose trails off.

I follow her line of sight and freeze when I see the Christmas Tree. It was green but... wasn't ours white? "Where'd you get that tree?" I ask her.

"That's a new tree? Where'd you get it?" Rose asks, looking at the tree and then at mum and then back at the tree.

"Well, I thought it was you!" she exclaims.

"How can it be me?" Rose asks confused.

"Well, you went shopping, there was a ring at the door, and there it was!"

"No, that wasn't me," Rose denies.

"Then who was it...?" I ask confused.

We all stare at the tree and Rose pulls mum behind her before the lights on the tree light up. "Oh, you've got to be kidding me," I mutter.

The tree starts to spin, slowly at first and then very fast and mum screams. Jingle Bells starts to play and it speeds up. It reduces the coffee table firewood within seconds.

"Go, go, go! Get out!" Mickey yells as Rose, mum and I run from the room while Mickey picks up a chair a holds it in front of him. Jackie runs to the front door but Rose and I run into my bedroom that has the Doctor in who is sleeping on my bed. "We've got to save the Doctor!" I yell out of the room so mum and Mickey can hear. "What're you doing?" mum asks, running into my room, looking at the both of us. "We can't just leave him!" Rose yells.

"Mickey!" mum yells to him before we hear a crunch and the tree chops up the legs of the chair.

"Leave it! Get out! Get out!" mum yells at Mickey but Mickey stands his ground. "Mickey! Get out of there!"

He eventually gives up and joins mum.

**********

Mickey runs into my room. "Just leave him!" mum yells at us.

"Get in here!" Mickey yells at mum, groaning in frustration, mum slams the door shut. The Christmas tree smashes through a pane of glass. Mickey and mum slide my wardrobe in front of the door whilst I grab the Doctor's sonic and start to fiddle with it to try and disable it but it's not working.

Rose's P.O.V:

I look at Lexy in worry as she struggles to disable the tree but I lean over the Doctor. "Doctor, wake up!"

The tree spins towards the room as Mickey and mum lean against the wardrobe. The tree finally smashes through the wardrobe, ripping through all of Lexy's clothes. Mickey and mum are thrown backwards and mum cowers against the wall. "I'm gonna get killed by a Christmas tree!" mum squeaks before I lean back down close to the Doctor's ear. "She's in danger. Help Lexy," I whisper towards the Doctor. I draw back slightly and the Doctor sits up suddenly sits up, getting out of bed and grabbing the sonic from Lexy and aiming it at the tree and it explodes before lowering the sonic. "Remote control. But who's controlling it?" the Doctor asks suddenly, turning to all of us before walking outside of the bedroom.

**********

Galaxy's P.O.V:

The Doctor walks out onto the balcony, securing a dressing gown around him. Rose, Mickey, mum and I follow him and we see three Santa's standing on the ground.

"That's them. What are they?" Mickey asks.

"Shush!" I quiet Mickey before looking at the Doctor, who raises his sonic and points it at the Santa's threatening. They back away, standing closer to each other before teleporting themselves away. "They've just gone! What kind of rubbish were they? I mean, no offence, but they're not much cop if a sonic screwdriver's gonna scare them off," Mickey scoffs.

"PilotFish," the Doctor mutters and I look at him confused.

"What?" I ask confused walking over to Rose and we all look at him.

"They were PilotFish," the Doctor says louder this time before he coughs and throws himself backwards against the wall in pain. We all hurriedly kneel to him. "What's wrong?" Rose asks worriedly.

"You woke me up too soon," he pants. "I'm still regenerating. I'm bursting with energy," he breathes, looking at me before more vortex escapes through his mouth. "You see? The PilotFish could smell it. A million miles away. So they eliminate the defence, that's you lot, and they carry me off. They could run their batteries on me for a couple of years," he groans before he lurches forwards.

"Oh! Oh! Oh!" mum gasps.

"My head!" he yells through gritted teeth.

Mum kneels before him, holding him up. "I'm having a neuron implosion. I need..." he begins.

"What do you need?" mum asks frantically.

"I need..."

"Say it, tell me, tell me..."

"I need..."

"Painkillers?"

"I need..."

"Do you need aspirin?"

"I..."

"Codeine? Paracetamol? Oh, I dunno, Pepto-Bismol?"

"I need..."

"Liquid paraffin. Vitamin C? Vitamin D? Vitamin E?"

"I need..."

"Is it food? Something simple? Uh... a bowl of soup? A nice bowl of soup? Soup and a sandwich? Soup and a little ham sandwich?"

"I need you to shut up," the Doctor snaps.

"Oh, he hasn't changed that much, has he?" mum asks sarcastically.

The Doctor lurches forward again and leans against the opposite wall, mum making "oo" sound of sympathy. "We haven't got much time. If there's PilotFish, then..." he begins before taking an apple out of his dressing gown pocket. "Why's there an apple in my dressing gown?" he asks confused.

"Oh, that's Howard, sorry," mum apologises.

"He keeps apples in his dressing gown?" the Doctor asks confused.

"He gets hungry," mum tells him.

"What, he gets hungry in his sleep?" the Doctor asks looking at the apple confused.

"Sometimes," mum answers before the Doctor screams in pain again and sinks to the floor and grimaces. "Brain... collapsing..."

He grabs onto my upper arms, holding onto them tightly. "P... the Piolet Fish. The Piolet Fish mean... that something, something..." he breathes in deeply. "Something's coming," he finishes before collapsing in my lap. I sigh and look down at the Doctor whilst moving his hair out of his face.

**********

Galaxy kneels next to the Doctor on her bed, tucking him in and mopping up his forehead with a flannel. Mickey passes the room holding a laptop. He looks at both of them. Galaxy looks back at him before he nods his head, then goes on his way into the living room.

**********

I stay sitting next to the Doctor after telling Rose that only one of the Doctor's hearts is beating. I lay down next to him listening closely to his heartbeat before opening the book that I've had in my hand for the past five minutes. I open it to the page that I finished at and start to read but before I know, I pass out on the Doctor. My head on the Doctor's chest, an arm around his waist and the book, closed, in between us.

**********

Rose's P.O.V:

I walk into the living room and sit on the arm of the chair before mum gives me another cup of tea. "Any change?" she asks me before I shake my head.

"Lexy said that she was getting worse. Just one heart beating," I tell mum before she sits in the chair.

Reporter – Scientists in charge of Britain's mission to Mars have re-established contact with the Guinevere One Space probe. They're expecting the first transmission from the planet's surface in the next few minutes.

Llewellyn – Yes, we are. We're, we're back on schedule. We've received the signal from Guinevere One. The Mars landing should be seen to be an unqualified success.

Man – But is it true that you completely lost contact earlier tonight?

Lewellyn – Yes, we had a bit of a scare. Guinevere seemed to fall off the scope, but it... it was just a blip. Only disappeared for a few seconds. She's fine now, absolutely fine. We... we're getting the first pictures transmitted live any minute now. I'd better get back to it, thanks.

He leaves the conference.

"Here we go, PilotFish," Mickey begins staring at the laptop. I get up from the chair to stand behind the chair Mickey's sat in and look over his shoulder. "Scavengers, like the Doctor said. Harmless, they're tiny, but the point is, the little fish swim alongside the big fish."

"Do you mean like sharks?" I ask as an animation of a shark on the screen snaps viciously. "Something is coming..."

The TV starts to go static. "How close?"

"There's no way of telling, but the PilotFish don't swim far from their daddy," Mickey tells us. There is now a distorted image on the tv screen. "So, it's close?" I ask confused.

"Funny sort of rocks," mum says, looking at the tv.

"That's not rocks..." I begin looking at the tv, squinting my eyes.

TV REPORTER - ...coming live from the depths of space on Christmas morning.

The image is thrown into clarity. It is revealed to be an alien, which roars viciously at them and the three of us gasp and jump backwards.

**********

BBC News Reader – The face of an alien life form was transmitted live tonight on BBC1.

American News Reader – On the 25th of December, the human race has been shown absolute proof that alien life exists.

News Reader – these remarkable images have been relayed right across the world.

**********

Galaxy's P.O.V:

I sit on the sofa with Rose. "Rose," Mickey begins. Rose rushes over to him where he sits in front of his laptop and she perches on the edge of his chair. "Take a look, I've got access to the military. They're tracking a spaceship. It's big, it's fast, and it's coming this way."

"Coming for what, though? The Doctor?" Rose asks, looking at the laptop screen.

"I don't know. Maybe it's coming for all of us," Mickey says. "Have you seen them before?" Mickey asks and Rose shakes her head before he turns it around to show me and I shake my head. "No," I tell them.

**********

Mum has fallen asleep in the chair in my room, her head on a pillow that she has taken from the living room. I watch her, leaning against the doorframe. Mickey comes and stands next to me. I glance at him and then at the Doctor.

"The Doctor wouldn't do this. The old Doctor. The proper Doctor. He'd wake up. He'd save us," I mutter.

"You really love him, don't you?"

I close my eyes and sigh, nodding my head, walking over to the Doctor and sitting next to him on my bed. Mickey sighs before walking out of the room and back into the living room.

**********

I sit in the living room staring at the tv screen.

Harriet Jones – I would ask you all to remain calm. But I have one request: Doctor. If you're out there... we need you.

Mum turns to look at Rose, Mickey and I but I don't look at anyone. Instead, I just look at the floor, fighting back tears.

Harriet Jones – I don't know what to do. But if you can hear me, Doctor... If anyone knows the Doctor, if anyone can find him... the situation has never been more desperate.

I get up from the sofa and walk towards my room, a tear rolling down my cheek.

Harriet Jones – Help us. Please, Doctor. Help us.

I lean against the doorframe watching the Doctor's lifeless form. I'm now sobbing, taking great gulping breaths, the tears flooding down her cheeks. Mum comes to her and takes my arm. I turn to mum and put my arms around her. "He's gone. The Doctor's gone. He's left us, mum. He's left me, mum..."

I sob even harder and mum places a kiss on her forehead and embraces me whilst I sob on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry," she soothes.

**********

Happy/Merry Christmas Everyone. Hope you all are enjoying your Christmas so far. I certainly am

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 142 34
Its been over two decades since the doctor dropped sarah jane back onto earth...
11.7K 417 42
Regenerate alone and losing a certain companion, the Doctor crashed in Earth, and was found by Sam Piper, a tenth years old boy who was alone at Chri...
1.1K 39 6
Celestia Andromeda is officially partnered with the Doctorand they are continuing their adventure of traveling with Rose Tyler, faithful companion an...
13.5K 420 12
DOCTOR WHO | 9 & 10 -"Weirdo!" ------> She was found alone and in pain, scorch marks and burnt wings. He was searching around space and time for any...