COTTON CANDY SKIES | JIKOOK βœ”

By miniekins

Sweet football player Jeon Jeongguk has never displayed interest in any of the other teenagers at his high sc... More

[🍬] one | disclaimers
[🍬] two
[🍬] three
[🍬] four
[🍬] five
[🍬] six
[🍬] seven
[🍬] eight
[🍬] nine
[🍬] ten
[🍬] eleven
[🍬] twelve
[🍬] thirteen
[🍬] fourteen
[🍬] fifteen
[🍬] sixteen
[🍬] seventeen
[🍬] eighteen
[🍬] Nineteen
[🍬] Twenty
[🍬] Twenty-one
[🍬] Twenty-three
[🍬] Twenty-four
[🍬] Twenty-five
[🍬] Twenty-six
[🍬] Twenty-seven
[🍬] Twenty-eight
[🍬] Twenty-nine
[🍬] Thirty
[🍬] Thirty-one
[🍬] Thirty-two
[🍬] Thirty-three
[🍬] Thirty-four
[🍬] Thirty-five
[🍬] Thirty-six [FINALE]

[🍬] Twenty-two

8.9K 545 450
By miniekins

It's extremely late at night as Jeongguk walks through the front door, keeping as silently as possible. He places his sneakers on the shoe rack, bent over. He flinches softly the moment the lights turn on and he straightens his back, gawking at his mother.

Her arms are crossed, yet she doesn't seem angry; rather confused. Myung-hee also doesn't say anything. Her lips are flat but her eyebrows are curved deeply, easily displaying the state of her perplexion. And as her eyes bore into Jeongguk's, the brunette drives his chin faintly into his chest, peering up at her with guilty doe eyes.

"Jeongguk, you had me worried sick. I got a phone call late in the evening saying you skipped your classes. And not only that but you haven't been answering any of my texts," she brings up however she doesn't raise her voice.

Jeongguk scrunches his nose softly, gaze falling to the floor. He doesn't exactly know what to tell her. Granted she knows about Jimin, however saying he snuck off with him to mess around in the back of his car doesn't seem like the greatest excuse.

However it doesn't seem to matter.

"Jeongguk, is that a hickey on your neck?" Myung-hee asks, pointing a finger in his direction.

The boy's head darts up and his hand moves swiftly to cover his collarbone, albeit the wrong side entirely. He begins to blush heavily and it seems as though the harder he tries to hide it, the brighter his face glows.

"Oh my gosh, it's totally a hickey! Jeongguk!" Myung-hee's mouth falls open but her lips are quirked at the corners. Despite the shock in her eyes, she's just as entertained.

Jeongguk's brows furrow. He stares at her confusedly, unsure as to why she seems happy about it. At least she isn't angry, but... happy?

It's evident that she's holding her tongue back, restlessly eager to make an assumption that will be spot on. She's basically running on the spot, grinning foolishly.

"Okay!" Jeongguk caves, lips pouted. "I was out with Jimin... but there's more to it than that! We didn't just skip because we wanted to."

His mother's ecstasy quells, as does the smile on her face. She's giving Jeongguk further attention, taking a few steps closer until an arm's reach. "What do you mean? What happened?"

Jeongguk curls his lips in, clearly hesitant. He doesn't want to put anymore stress on his mother's shoulders than she needs to carry. However he's simply urged on with a simple look and he concedes once more.

"...Jimin and I kissed one day after a football game," he says and notices how she tries to keep herself cool in light of such a revelation. "There's this other boy. He uh... him and Jimin were kind of a thing. Well, I guess he saw us kissing and outed us to the whole school. So we... left for the rest of the day."

His mother's face falls. She sighs and very soon they're sheltered by quietude, neither knowing quite what to say. Jeongguk's cheeks are slightly puffed out and he toys with his fingers. He doesn't realize he's being approached and soon he's pulled into her warm embrace.

Sadly, it's not something he gets to experience often. Her warmth. And so he stand impossibly still with his arms wrapped tightly around his mother. And he feels weak for it, but he begins to sniffle quietly into the crook of her neck.

"Oh, baby... I'm so sorry," she whispers against the shell of his ear, flattening her hand along the back of his head. She winds her fingers through his curly brown hair. "Is Jimin okay?"

And for a moment, Jeongguk doesn't say anything however ponders. Because even though Jimin didn't react to it just the same, it doesn't mean he was any less effected. Not to mention they ended up getting home so late. The blond assured him that his father wasn't home but anything is possible. And now, he only starts to worry more.

"He seemed okay, but I don't really know... he took care of me, momma. He comforted me the whole night and I just... I feel like I could do more for him. Maybe I'm not enough—"

Myung-hee pulls away abruptly, placing her hands on her son's shoulders. "Don't you dare say that, Jeongguk. You are so much more than enough. And I can't even begin to express my gratitude toward that boy, taking care of you when I can't."

Jeongguk bites down gently on his bottom lip, solemn gaze falling to his red socks. The presence of warmth departs from one of his shoulders and seeks out just beneath his chin, lifting his head up. The brunette's lower lip trembles as his mother's fingers dimple gingerly into his skin.

"You're the strongest boy I know. If you need me to talk to your principal, I will. If you need me to pull you out of classes for a little bit, then I will. God, you're the most important person in my life. Your happiness is my first priority, Koo Bear. You will let me know if you need anything, okay?" Myung-hee stresses, rising on her toes to plant her lips benignly against Jeongguk's forehead.

Jeongguk closes his eyes briefly, nodding his head. He knows how much she cares about him. And he knows that she will do literally anything for him, no matter the expense. Which is why he can't quite ask her for much. Because she means as much to him just as he does her.

"You should get some rest, little man. It's late. Are you going to school tomorrow?" she asks him.

Jeongguk puckers his lips in thought. He isn't quite sure what he wants. "I'll figure it out tomorrow morning, I think," he settles.

Myung-hee nods. "Alright. I'll be gone by then but text me if you need anything, okay?"

Jeongguk nods.

His mother smiles sweetly and then walks toward her bedroom. Her door closes and the brunette exhales, running his hands down his face. He hurries upstairs and falls back on his bed, staring up at his ceiling.

Jeongguk pulls his phone out of his pocket and stares at the multiple texts his mother had sent him. They're gentle however not eager. And as he's scrolling through them, the name of someone of a similar nature pops up on his phone.

His breath nearly hitches in his throat as Jimin tries reaching out to him. He runs his tongue over his lips and presses answer. Jeongguk holds his phone up to his ear.

"Jimin?"

There isn't an answer, at least not yet. All the brunette can simply hear is the sound of soft breathing. And in a sense it's calming, but scary just the same.

"...Bun... I know we saw each other only ten minutes ago, but... I just needed to hear your voice again."

It's something in the way he speaks that has Jeongguk's skin paling. Jimin's tone is just as gentle as it's always been and yet there's something so terribly different about it.

"Have you been crying?"

Another pause of blood-curdling silence.

"...For a little bit."

Jeongguk exhales deeply. He sits up with his legs still swung over the bed. His throat is running dry.

"What did he do?"

"It doesn't matter - listen, I have to go, okay, Bun? I just needed to hear your voice. Make sure you get some sleep."

Jeongguk opens his mouth in reply but fails to get anything out as the call ends. He holds his phone in front of his face, debating on whether or not he should call Jimin back. He's contemplative but ultimately decides against it, afraid he may make matters worse; given his assumptions are correct.

He falls back against his mattress, once again staring at his ceiling. He holds his phone close to his chest and chases sleep, even though it may be extremely hard to find.

-

Jeongguk has decided to go to school this morning. Jimin isn't answering his texts and although the blond may not show up, it's worth a shot.

As he's walking through the halls, the wispy sound of hushed voices mingle with those willingly gossiping blatantly. He keeps his head down and his gaze trained on his sneakers. Other than the talking that's going on evidently revolved around him, he's determined to make it through the day unscatched.

Well, up until he runs into a chest and his books are sent flying to the ground. He peers up through his lashes, staring at Namjoon.

"Sorry, Gguk," the taller boy says, rubbing at his nape.

"It's okay," Jeongguk replies, crouching down. He begins to gather his books and it isn't long before Namjoon's face is in his vision as he too begins to collect them.

As soon as they're all picked up, both boys stand and Namjoon places the books in Jeongguk's arms. The tall boy isn't saying anything, simply looking at him. There's this awkward silence and the brunette realizes that he hasn't really been talking to Namjoon that much. Taehyung has pretty much been his sidekick, but now more than likely he's been suspended for the fight - Jin as well.

"Can we talk?" Namjoon asks.

Jeongguk pulls on his bottom lip, glancing at the clock hanging on the wall. He peers back at Namjoon and nods his head hesitantly.

Namjoon breaks into a soft smile and begins to walk. Jeongguk follows behind him, still trying to evade the eyes of other students. He isn't too sure where they're going but eventually they slip through an unused boot room to the outside of the school.

It's much quieter now, although Jeongguk still feels as though he has some difficulty breathing. His gaze is downcast and yet he can feel Namjoon staring at him with keen eyes.

"Gguk."

The boy finally looks up, meeting Namjoon's sharp gaze. His lilac hair falls prettily into the dragon-like shape of his eyes. His lips are soft and shapely, cheeks adorned by small, charming craters.

"...I feel like we haven't been talking that much. Me, you and Tae used to hang out quite often but I feel like things are changing. And... and..."

Jeongguk blinks at him, waiting patiently for Namjoon to finish his statement. But he's clearly too afraid to. The brunette huffs quietly, running his tongue over his lips, unaware that the taller boy is watching the movement.

"I like boys," Jeongguk sighs. "...I like Jimin."

Namjoon's lips part softly and he nods his head. The boy visibly forces himself to smile, ruffling Jeongguk's brown hair. "Why don't you sound happy about it? You can be yourself, Gguk," he says.

Jeongguk looks up, slightly surprised. "You aren't grossed out? You aren't angry?"

Namjoon shakes his head. "I could never be, but, uh, listen... I think the bell is going to ring soon and I promised one of the girls I'd walk them to class. Talk to you after, Gguk?"

Jeongguk breaks out into a very faint, thankful smile. He nods his head and watches as Namjoon disappears into the school. He stands idly for a moment, kicking his toes into the gravel. However his fleeting state of bliss vanishes as he recalls his quick phone call with Jimin just last night. He heads back into the school and as he does, the first bell rings. So he heads to class.

Jeongguk doesn't see Jimin for the whole day, not even during lunch. As he's sitting in class during last block, he begins to lose hope as the teenagers pile in but the pretty blond has yet to be seen. Shortly classes start and he's given up, doodling mindlessly on a piece of paper. However he hears someone sitting in a desk across the room and looks up, spotting Jimin.

He isn't wearing a skirt, nor his pretty sweaters. Instead he's wearing a pair of black sweats as well as a black hoodie. A medical mask veils the bottom half of his face and his hood is ridden up over his blond hair. Jimin doesn't pull out his books. He rests his chin against his crossed arms, eyes most likely falling closed as he faces away from the rest of the class.

Jeongguk found trouble focusing in the first place but now the task is simply impossible. The teacher is talking but it's blocked out entirely, filtering through as a mere mumble. Unaware, he's been staring at Jimin the whole class which does little to no good for the both of them. Not only are they being stared at for what happened yesterday but now matters are worse because Jimin is clearly upset and Jeongguk is obviously worried.

Eventually the bell rings and despite Jimin's initial placidity, he's eager to leave the classroom. The boy stands up swiftly, as does Jeongguk. The teacher calls out to them but neither of them wait behind to talk.

It's as if they're both being followed, focused on by a spotlight. Jimin just about makes it out of the school but Jeongguk grabs him by his wrist and pulls him into a vacant classroom, away from prying eyes.

"Jimin, please talk to me," Jeongguk cuts straight to the point, talking to the blond's back.

He doesn't get a reply. Instead Jimin pivots on his heel with tears streaming down his cheekbones, meeting the edge of his mask. His eyes are puffy and crimson, hair most likely disarray.

"Please, Jimin. I'm right here," Jeongguk stresses.

The blond simply stares into Jeongguk's eyes. He slowly reaches his hand up and pulls his mask off of his face. There's a bruise right by his lips, the bottom one being slightly cracked on the right. It's a sight that has Jeongguk boiling over with fury yet wanting to fall to his knees in desolation. But he doesn't. And instead he walks up to Jimin, placing his hand gingerly against his cheek.

"He..." Jimin starts, releasing a breath. "He tore up all of m-my skirts and threw them out," he says quietly.

Jeongguk's jaw trembles, tightening angrily. He stares into Jimin's eyes, making sure that the blond boy is looking into his own. "I'm sorry. I made us skip. I should have known better—"

"I would do it again."

"Huh?"

"I would do it again, Jeongguk. In a heartbeat. Being with you that night... with your hands on me like that... it was perfect," Jimin replies, reaching his hand up slowly to brush his fingers against Jeongguk's lips.

Jeongguk swallows, melting into the touch. He sighs quietly, blinking at the blond in some kind of daze. "I'll take you shopping. I'll buy you some more skirts, okay? My treat," the brunette promises, relishing in the feeling of Jimin's fingers moving against his lips each moment he speaks.

But soon they leave. "I can't ask you to do that, Bun—"

"B-but I will. You can keep them at my place. I swear. I want to be good to you," Jeongguk stammers.

Jimin peers at him sadly. "What makes you think you're not already good to me? Jeongguk, I don't need you to buy me pretty skirts to show me that you care about me. You already do it each day with this," the blond says, pressing his finger faintly into the boy's chest. "You have such a pretty heart, you know?"

Jeongguk blushes. He reaches for Jimin's hand, pulling it away from his chest to intertwine their fingers. He then places a kiss against the blond's knuckles. "Your heart is the prettiest heart," he mumbles.

The blond exhales shakily, eyes welling with tears once again. He wraps his arms around Jeongguk's neck, standing on his toes. "Two pretty hearts together... who knew such a thing was possible," he whispers into his ear.

"...Your pretty heart made mine pretty," Jeongguk mutters shyly.

Jimin smiles, pulling away, brushing some brown curls behind Jeongguk's ears. "You really are the sweetest boy."

Jeongguk leans into the touch. "Sweet for you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

562K 16.5K 38
When a new girl to the school doesn't fall for the bad boy Jimin straight away he makes it his mission to make her fall in love with him, but does hi...
10.3K 403 17
Jeon Jungkook is a weightlifter that is so hardworking and passionate about it. He is one of the most popular student in their university because he...
549K 33.4K 35
Being raised by extremely homophobic parents his whole life, all Park Jimin has come to learn is that homosexual relationships are considered to be u...
107K 5.2K 40
A young Park Jimin has the biggest crush on a close family friend Jeon Jungkook. Jungkooks never viewed Jimin as anything more than a kid but what ha...