Secrets (wolfstar)

By stories4usnow

I don't hate you Padfoot I really don't hate you Moony More

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eighteen
Part Nineteen
Part Twenty
Part Twenty-One
Part Twenty-Two
Part Twenty-Four
Part Twenty-Five
Part Twenty-Six
Part Twenty-Seven
Part Twenty-Eight
Part Twenty-Nine
Part Thirty
Part Thirty-One
Part Thirty-Two
Part Thirty-Three
Part Thirty-Four
Part Thirty-Five

Part Twenty-Three

10.4K 402 657
By stories4usnow

"Okay so it's a present for you. But it's also kinda of a present for the whole dormitory." Remus heard Sirius say as him and James lead Remus into the dormitory with his Gryffindor tie as a blind fold around his eyes. "well actually everyone else in Gryffindor tower will hate us. But I think you'll like it."

James gave Remus a pushed from behind that almost had him tip over.

"Hey" Remus said mildly "I swear to god if this is a prank."

"How many times we gotta tell you it's not a Prank! It's your Christmas present!" James exclaimed.

"That's exactly what you'd say if it was a prank." Remus muttered nervously. It was their first night back at Hogwarts and at first it had all been going well. They'd had an enjoyable train ride back and first meal in the great hall but when they'd returned to the common room James and Sirius had stated they had a surprise for him and that he had to wait in the common room as they set it up. Remus, Peter, and Lily all agreed this was a very Bad sign.

"Okay!" Sirius said and from the vibrations in the floorboards he was jumping up and down with excitement. "You can take it off."

So Remus quickly slipped off the tie and looked around. At first he couldn't tell what was different. The four posters bed were all spread out around the room like they always were. It was slightly cleaner then usual since the boys had packed up a lot of their junk before they left, but some clothes and garbage were on the floor. But then he found the surprise, next to his bed on a small table was a record player.

"Where? What? How?" Remus sputtered surprised as he made his way over to the record player.

"Well the where is a muggle music store" James said hurrying a head of Remus and sitting on Remus' bed right next to the record player "we went in and asked the muggle for a device that plays records. And whatever records a nerdy guy who wears big sweaters and like chocolate would want."

Remus smiled at the thought of James and Sirius trying to blend in at a muggle shop and asking for 'the device that plays records'. Then he noticed that below the record player was a box filled with them.

"The what" Sirius added excitedly "is a record player and the 15 best records for sweater wearing nerds according to the muggle."

"The how, is we had Mum enchant it because usually Muggle stuff like this doesn't work at Hogwarts. But this baby does" James said tapping the top of the record player.

Still in disbelief Remus bent down and started looking over the records in the box. Almost all of them he knew, a couple The Beatles one, and John Lennons solo record, Black Sabbath, Elton John, a lot of it was stuff he and his Mum listened too at home.

"But how did you get it back here?" Remus asked, still flipping through the records.

"Shockingly enough" Sirius said sitting on the bed next to James "In the luggage."

"But" Remus said looking up at the confused "how'd it fit, I saw your trunk on the Express it wasn't any bigger, and you both only had the one?"

"Oh" Sirius said seeming a little embarrassed now "I may have left some stuff behind at James'"

"And by some, he means all of it" James added.

"What?" Remus said.

"Well not exactly all of it" Sirius said "I have my robes, and my books, just my muggle clothes, and other junk like that."

"You shouldn't have done that Padfoot" Remus said in shock.

"Oh it's not a big deal, I'll just borrow James stuff and yours for the rest of the year." Sirius said grinning "always thought I'd look good in a big sweater."

"Do you like it?" James said eagerly "We thought you'd might cause of the record you sent Padfoot, and he instited we needed it anyways cause he wanted to listen to one you got him."

"I umm" Remus was so taken a back by the gift he truly had no words "it's the nicest gift anyone's ever got me."

Remus finally reached the bottom of bin to find a record that was wrapped in multiple layers of the daily prophet. As he tore them away he realized it was the Rumours Record he'd got Sirius.

"I didn't want it to break" Sirius mutter quietly.

Remus smiled and went to go put the record on the player.

"I can't listen to this again." James said exhausted "it's all I've heard for weeks. Padfoot barely stopped listening to sleep."

Remus couldn't help but smile a little at the fact that Sirius had been listening to his favourite record. James got up, and headed to the door, before he exited he turned back grinning.

"I'm going to go use the tricks in the magazine to get Lily Evans to marry me." He said turning back and hurrying out the door.

"No James I got you that as joke please-" Remus tried to call after him but he was gone so he just turned back to Sirius who was now fumbling with the record player. "That's not gonna end well."

"No but it might be funny." Sirius said placing the needle of the record player. "He has been studying that magazine more than I've ever seen him study for a class."

Suddenly Remus realized for the first time in months him and Sirius were alone, and the silence was deafening. Luckily it didn't last very long. The soft up beat strumming of a guitar rang through the room as Never Going Back Again started the play. 

"Which song is your favourite?" Sirius asked. Sitting back on Remus' bed so Remus awkwardly sat on Sirius bed across from him. There was something weird and almost intimate about them sitting in each other's bed.

"I like Landslide" He replied thinking of Stevie Nicks voice wondering what love is. "How about you?"

"Songbird" Sirius said quickly "I love that one. James told me he'd smash the record and shove a piece in my eye if I didn't turn it off the other day."

"I'm glad you like it. I know it wasn't a great gift since you had to get the record player yourself." Remus said.

"It was great." Sirius said almost angry at the suggestion it wasn't a good gift "the best gift anyone's ever got me." 

Remus chuckled at Sirius repeating his line back to him. For a moment the only sound in the room was Fleetwood Mac. Remus played with his fingers, Sirius glanced around. Then finally they locked eyes.

"I missed you." Sirius said and his tone made Remus feel unbelievably guilty yet also happy.

"I missed you too." Remus replied truthfully.

"I told James." Sirius said, and Remus suddenly felt panicked, and his face clearly showed it since Sirius immediately continued "Not everything, not the stuff about well, I mean I'm not Lukas. I just I told him I was the reason you got sad. That I hurt you and I said and did some unforgivable shit."

"What did he say?" Remus replied trying to wrap his head around this.

"That I was an idiot" Sirius Said smirking a but.

"Sounds like Prongs" Remus replied also smiling.

"Yeah well he was right" sirius said his tone slightly more intense now "I am so sorry Moony. I didn't mean any of the stuff I said. And what happened with Lucy was just so stupid and it wasn't what it seemed. We weren't really dating. I know it's weird but she wanted a fake boyfriend for her own reasons. And I was really confused with what was happening with us. So I said I'd do it. I told James all that too. I was being such an idiot"

But Remus had to stop him at this "you and Lucy were never going out?" Sirius nodded a little embarrassed. "That's why you guys seemed to hate each other."

Sirius laughed a little at this "but we don't right? Hate each other I mean."

"I don't hate you Padfoot."

"I really don't hate you Moony."

There was another pause and Dreams started to play on the record player.

"I'm gay" Sirius said, his voice sure though nervous, and Remus unsure what to do smiled at him.

"Okay, I'll get you a nice rainbow flag." Remus said and Sirius looked confused and Remus resolved he would have to teach Sirius the meaning of the rainbow flag later "did you tell that to James too"

"No" Sirius said "I wanted to tell you first. But I'm going too."

"Well" Remus said suddenly becoming aware that this was kind of awkward. What was he was suppose to say. Sirius obvious knew he wasn't gonna tell him to fuck off, but he wasn't sure if he was suppose to say he was proud of him and would always be his friend. He also wasn't sure why Sirius wanted to tell him first, was he expecting something. And perhaps more confusingly he didn't know how to feel, only a couple months ago this news would have made Remus freak out at the possibilities but now, he just wasn't sure. So all Remus could say was "I am sure James won't care."

"I am so sorry Moony" Sirius said almost begging but Remus wasn't sure what he was begging for. "What I said and did, I was just such an utter ass. And you shouldn't forgive me I don't deserve it but-"

Remus cut him off "I forgive you." There was a pause where Sirius just looked surprised.

"You shouldn't" Sirius said "I don't deserve it"

"Yes you do." Remus replied "will you forgive me?"

"No" Sirius said almost angry again "you have nothing for me to forgive. You did nothing wrong."

Remus sort of disagreed. He shouldn't have offered to kiss Sirius in the first place. He shouldn't have completely shutting down when Sirius didn't have feelings for him in return. He should have just been honest with Sirius from the start, so he decided to start now.

"Okay, well I forgive you and I am happy we can go back to being friends." Remus said watching carefully as Sirius looked down at his feet.

"Yeah friends"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

804K 16.4K 49
inactive
920 44 12
Wolfstar and Starchaser getting together post Hogwarts. No war, just a lil bit of trauma, good friends and love.
1.5M 45.9K 47
In which Josie Longbottom falls for her best friend. started 13.02.20 finished 19.04.20
75 6 3
Marauders oneshots Mostly Jegulus but has some Wolfstar, fantasy AU's, block brothers ones