After Headlines

By enoliveshipper10

It had been three years since tour. Three years since moving in with Josh, Ben, and Bexley. Two and a half ye... More

Cast
1: Welcome Back
2: Here Comes The Chaos
3: Cast and Callbacks
4: Chemistry Readings
5: Dinner
6: Home
7: Waiting Room
8: Date Night
9: Penny
10: Rehearsals
11: Opening Night
12: Coffee Conversations
13: Understudy
14: Forgiven
Author's Note
15: Six Year Olds Can't Keep Secrets
16: Court
17: Songs
18: Company
19: I Can Hear The Bells
Instagrams
20: New Show
21: Tour....Again
22: Curtain
23: Dark Past
24: Kids?
25: Emergency
26: Family Matters
27: Party
28: School
29: Sweet Dreams Part I
30: Sweet Dreams Part II
31: Sweet Dreams Part III
32: Birthday Girls
33: Aggravated Assault
34: Elevator Rides
Author's Note
35: Halloween
36: Thanksgiving
37: Birthday
38: Christmas Eve
39: Christmas
40: Date Night
41: The OG Siblings
42: Announcement
Author's Note
43: Backstory
44: Unwanted Visit
45: Mother Knows Best, Except When She Sucks
46: JoJo's Last Show
47: Names
48: Closing Night Part I
50: After Headlines
THIRD BOOK
fun fact: you didn't ask for this
IT'S UP

49: Closing Night Part II

337 15 7
By enoliveshipper10

" Sky, just know I'm gonna probably say a lot of things I don't mean." Cara warned him.

" Yep, nurses already told me." He cracked a smile.

" Did you let your family know?" He brushed back her hair.

" Yeah, but I'm not sure any of them could get here in time." She shrugged. He nodded, running his fingers through her hair.

" I love you." She smiled innocently.

" I love you too." He chuckled, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

oOOo

" Mommy, what's going on?" Penny asked as everyone filed up the waiting room.

" Cara's in labor." Bexley replied, searching for her phone.

" So, she's gonna have the baby!" Penny bounced excitedly.

" Yep." Josh laughed.

" Loose something, Bexley?" Ben watched as she searched through her bag.

" My phone..." Bexley trailed off.

" Bex, your phone's in your pocket." Josh leaned over a bit. She reached into her pocket.

" I'm just...scatterbrained." She smiled sheepishly. Some people gave her odd looks, she never was one to forget things like that.

" I think we all are." Iain grinned, easing the awkwardness.

oOOo

" Hey, how are you?" Natalie grinned as she, JoJo, and Bexley made their way into Cara's room. Sky and some of the other guys went off to find food.

" Just peachy." Cara smiled sarcastically.

" Love the sarcasm." JoJo laughed.

" Glad you approve." Cara chuckled, wincing lightly. Bexley fell into the chair next to her.

" You okay, Bex?" Natalie glanced over.

" Yeah, just got dizzy." Bexley waved it off.

" You also forgot where your phone was when it was in your pocket." JoJo commented absentmindedly.

" If I didn't know any better, I'd almost say you were pregnant." Cara laughed. When Bexley didn't respond, they all turned to her.

" Are you pregnant?" Natalie asked slowly.

" So, I might've gotten a little sick before the show." Bexley admitted.

" Was there an event that could've left your pregnant?" JoJo asked.

" Yep." Bexley laughed lightly at her phrasing.

" Did you take a test?" Cara asked.

" Not yet." Bexley shook her head.

" Good thing we're in a hospital." Natalie grabbed her hand, dragging her out of the room.

" We'll be back!" Natalie called over her shoulder.

oOOo

" Oh shit." Bexley whispered, staring at the pregnancy test results.

" Wanna go tell Josh?" Natalie questioned quietly.

" Oh yeah." Bexley nodded, thanking the nurse as they left.

" Hey Josh?" Bexley called as they walked into the waiting room.

" Yeah, Angel?" Josh looked up from his game of Uno with Penny and some of the guys.

" Can I talk to you?" She nodded towards a more private area.

" Am I in trouble?" Josh asked as he got up.

" No, she is." Natalie mumbled, earing a sharp elbow to the ribs from Bexley.

" Sorry." Natalie laughed, sitting next to Nick. Bexley rolled her eyes, leading Josh to a quiet hallway.

" Well, funny story." Bexley started.

" Okay?" Josh gave her an odd look.

" You're gonna be a dad again." She held up the sheet with the positive test results.

" Wait...WAIT!" His eyes widened.

" I'm gonna be a dad again?" He read through the paper seven times over.

" Yeah." She laughed.

" Yes!" He beamed, spinning her as he pulled her into a hug.

" Is it too early to tell Penny?" He questioned.

" No, I'm past twelve weeks." She smiled.

" Penny!" Josh ran back into the waiting room. He returned a moment later with a very confused Penny.

" What's happening?" She gave them both odd looks.

" Penny, you're gonna be a big sister." Bexley smiled.

" What....WAIT!" Her reaction perfectly mirrored Josh's. Bexley laughed at her expression.

" I'm gonna be a big sister!" She beamed excitedly.

oOOo

Around midnight Sky came out to the waiting room, the brightest smile on his face.

" I have a son!" He called. And the room fell into chaos. After cheers and congratulations, the group made their way into the room, despite the doctor's protest.

" It really should be family." He stated.

" They are our family." Cara said absentmindedly. The doctor eventually folded once her saw Penny's excited face.

" He has red hair, like Sky." Penny giggled. Cara smiled, not taking her eyes away from her son.

" So, what's his name?" Chaz asked quietly, sitting on the couch.

" Albert Conor Flaherty." Sky beamed. Cara glanced up at Bexley, flashing her a silent question. Bexley nodded, making Cara's eyes widen.

" No way." Cara whispered.

" What?" Sky glanced at her. JoJo quickly caught on.

" Wait a minute..." JoJo looked at Bexley.

" I was there so..." Natalie leaned into Nick.

" What is happening?" Michael looked between the girls.

" Did they all know?" Josh smirked.

" We put two and two together." Cara laughed.

" Do we get to be in on this little secret or...?" Ben raised his hand.

" Oh, I know the secret." Penny beamed.

" What secret?" Iain asked.

" If you want to." Josh chuckled, wrapping his arms around Bexley from behind.

" We're having a kid." Bexley said.

" Wait what." Jeff blinked.

" Yep." Bexley nodded. The room was utterly silent.

" I would cheer, except there is a smol child." Nico pointed to Albert.

" Yeah, good choice." Cara grinned.

" Congratulations!" Jeff whispered loudly after getting over his shock.

" Excuse me, you have some people waiting for you." A nurse knocked at the door.

" Who?" Cara made a face.

" They said they're your family." The nurse added.

" Oop, good luck." Jeff dashed out of the room.

" Good luck." Bexley said as the group filed out. After the last person left, Cara's family made their way in. Anni came in first, followed by Karl.

" Is this my nephew?" Anni whispered, eyes bright with excitement.

" Wanna hold him?" Cara smiled. Anni basically melted when she saw his little face. Karl and Sky shared a handshake and a hug before he turned his attention to his nephew.

Then her parents came in. Leon greeted both Cara and Sky happily while Greta hung back.

" Is this my grandson?" Leon asked, looking at the little redhead in Anni's arms.

" Albert." Cara smiled. Anni's head shot up.

" After his uncle." Anni whispered. Cara turned her attention to her mother. She was too tired to be sassy and curt. Instead, her and her mother shared a silent hug. It wasn't perfect, but it was progress.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 469 38
In which a previous actress can no longer enjoy her previous obsessions with musical theatre due to past trauma but meets a boy who just might change...
34.7M 1.4M 58
One thing, just one little thing Julie had to do to have a... Let's say decent... First day at her new school... Don't. Draw. Attention. First impres...
557 30 15
Now the Home & Hearth challenge has transformed into a tour? What could POSSIBLY go wrong? Married series - Book 3 (Sequel "Enchanted" is out now!) H...
10.8K 298 22
****Currently under construction***** missing 1 part I apologize This is the sequeal to my first story, Don't Leave We Are Meant To Be. It's almost...