His Signed Up Babe

By MabelOsagiede

"Didn't you just ask me to be your girlfriend?" I asked. He flashed a smile and replied, "Yes, I did!" "Then... More

Author's note
°1°
°2°
°3°
°4°
°6°
°7°
°8°
°9°
°10°
°11°
°12°
°13°
°14°
°15°
°16°
°17°
°18°
Author's POV
°19°
°20°
°21°
My Gift to You!
°22°
°23°
°24°
°25°
°26°
° 27 °
° 28 °
° 29 °
° 30 °
° 31 °
It's Me vs You
°32°
°33°
A/N
°34°
° 35 °
° 36 °
° 37 °
° 38 °
Pls Read🥺
° 39 °
° 40 °
Dear Readers ❤️
It's Out😊💃
Instagram Handle
Now a PUBLISHED WRITER in Nigeria

°5°

1.9K 448 15
By MabelOsagiede

Secretly, I was peeping and searching for Mr Handsome amongst the crowd. Soon, disappointment washed over me.

Was Josie playing a prank on me? Why can't I see the guy?

I gave up on my search and decided to get a drink from the bar at the corner of the hall. Few steps away from the bar, a young man popped at my front. He had long dreadlocks that stopped above his shoulders, four gold chains dangling on his tattooed neck and rings at his fingers. He bounced on his heels and licked his dark lips. He reeked of alcohol as he said, "What's up babe?"

I rolled my eyes and moved to the side so I could have a clear way to leave. When I took a step, he hopped at my front. "Excuse me! I need to get a drink at the bar!"

"Ah! Fine girl! Wetin be your name na?" he said huskily and tugged on his sagging ripped jeans.

"Call me whatever you wish," I replied calmly. He was drunk and I didn't want to annoy a drunk man.

"Abba! You no get name? Tell me na. Fine girl!" he said, his eyes sweeping lustfully at my body. He licked his lips again and I felt like puking.

I took a step backwards. I was ready to escape and get myself mixed up with the group. He won't notice me. I narrowed my eyes at him and slowly took another step backwards. His brows rose when he noticed my action and he drew nearer.

"Why you dey run from me, my baby? I no get gun for my hand. No poison. No weapon. I'm a good guy" he voiced and took more steps towards me.

I turned at once and my face slammed into the chest of an individual. I staggered backwards and felt a drink being spilt on my shoulder.

"Sorry! I didn't see you there," a deep voice yelled over the music.

Before I could look up at his face, someone gripped my waist from behind me. I jerked and squirmed out of his hold.

"Stay with me. I will make you happy," the drunk man said and held my hand.

My brows creased and I snarled, "I'm not interested. Let go of my hand".

"Come with me, baby" he insisted and tugged at my hand. "I need you!"

I scrunched my face. "Let..."

I was interrupted when a deep voice behind me said, "That's enough! Let go of her hand".

The drunk man eyed him and hissed, "Mtchew! Who you be!"

My eyes went round when Mr Handsome appeared at my side. He gripped the hand of the drunk fellow and squeezed his wrist till he let go. The drunk man grimaced and dropped my hand. He pushed Mr Handsome aside and trod off.

I feel like a girl being saved by a prin....What am I saying? I feel like slapping myself right now.

I brushed off the thought and said, "Thank you!"

"That's my way of apologizing for spilling drink on you," he replied with a shrug.

"Oh!" I exclaimed and noticed the liquid that had rolled down my shoulder and soaked my pink off-shoulder top. I wiped it with my hand and the smell of alcohol tickled my nose.

Beer? Why would Mr Handsome be drinking? Alcohol is not good!

"Here! You can use this," he suggested and handed me his handkerchief.

I took it and wiped my shoulder and top.

"Is that beer?" I asked.

He glanced at the glass cup and then, at me. "Yes! Why did you ask?"

I lifted my shoulders so they bunched up. "Can you lend me five minutes of your time?"

His perfectly arched brows went up and he tilted his head to a side. "Why?"

"To..um...Thank you!"

Nah! To give you a lecture about the harmful effect of alcohol. Please fall for my trap. I haven't given lectures for awhile.

"You don't need to thank me!"

I looked at him. "Why not?"

He paused and gauged my question. "Because you shouldn't!"

"But what if I want to?"

"It's not necessary!"

"Are you so stingy you can't lend me five minutes of your time?" I gasped and asked with a dramatic swirl.

He opened his mouth but no words came out. I wanted to laugh but I decided against it. Still staring at me, he brought the glass to his lips and sipped from it. I frowned at him.

Why is he still drinking that?

He leaned closer to me, his eye boring into mine. "You look familiar. Have we met?"

That question was like a bombshell.

Is he trying to say he doesn't remember this fine face? My fine face? Chai! And I remembered his. This is unfair.

I maintained a direct eye contact with him and asked, "Do you think we have met?"

He nodded. "I think you are the lady that kissed me during our first meet".

"What?" my eyes popped out of their sockets. "That's not me".

"You are that girl. You bumped into me and we fell down"

"Err...I remember falling but not kissing," I denied.

"Really?" he arched a brow.

"Our lips just touched. That can't be counted as kissing!" I retorted.

"I disagree!"

"Well, I agree with myself. I didn't kiss you"

He smirked. "Okay! So what do you want to talk about?"

"What do you mean?"

"You asked for five minutes of my time!"

"Oh, yeah!" I smiled and took the glass cup from his hand. He opened his mouth to protest but I wiggled my finger and said, "Ssh! Come with me".

We walked to the bar and I hoisted myself on the counter. I placed the glass cup beside me and looked into his eyes. "I am a doctor and there is something you need to know".

"Doctor?" he exclaimed with wide eyes.

"Why are you surprised?"

"Do doctors dance? I mean...I thought you were some kind of dancer. Aren't you the girl that just dance recently?"

I rolled my eyes. "Is dancing restricted to certain people?"

He chuckled and that's when I noticed he had dimples.

It's a crime for such a guy to exist. How is he so beautiful?

"So doctor, what do you wish to tell me?"

"I want to save your life!"

He had a puzzled look as he stared at me. "Are you joking? I don't understand!"

"I'm trying to prevent such a fine face like yours to be wipe out of this earth"

His forehead creased as he grew more confused.

"Alcohol drinking is bad," I voiced.

He let out a sigh of relief and shook his head. "You scared me. I thought you were about to give me some bad news".

"But Alcohol is bad news!"

He smirked and extended his hand to touch the glass cup. Without any hesitation, I spanked his hand and he withdrew and rubbed his hand with his other one.

"I'm not done talking. Listen," I said and glared at him. "Alcohol impacts start from the very first sip. The cumulative effect of wine, beer or spirits can take its toll on your body. As a doctor, I'll state the facts. It damages your pancreas and liver. Liver disease is life-threatening. Long-term alcohol drinking interfers with the function of the liver. It increases the risk of chronic liver inflammation. And do you know that the heart is extremely vulnerable to the negative effect of alcohol consumption?"

I was surprised he wasn't angry and actually listened to all I said. He nodded his head and gazed longingly at the glass filled with his beer.

"Now that you know this, will you still drink that beer?" I asked.

"Miss doctor," the words rolled out of his tongue, making me blush. "I know I won't die today. I just take it once in awhile. I haven't drank for five months. I'm just stressed out and I need something to forget my worries".

"But your health is important!"

"Don't worry. I will be fine!" he stretched his hand to take the cup but I smacked it. "Ouch!" he scrunched up his face. I smiled, seeing how cute that expression was.

Every expression on his face is worth seeing.

Surprisingly, he slid his hands in mine and turned my hands so that my palms were on display. His thumbs stroked them as he studied my palm.

"What's wrong?" I asked. My body was reacting to his touch. I could feel a shiver roll down my spine and butterflies danced in my stomach.

"Your palms..." he looked up at me. "Are kinda soft so how in the world are they painful?"

I threw my head back as I burst out in a raucous laughter. I looked back at him but this time, my eyes were watery due to the laughter and I was out of breathe.

"I asked a question so why are you laughing?" he folded his arms across his broad chest. My hands felt cold without the warmth from his touch. I squeezed them into a fist and smiled at him.

"Years of slapping my younger sister made it that way. Was it painful?" I asked, teasing him and I poked his arm.

He grunted and replied, "It stings!"

"Eyah! Fear my almighty slaps!" I chuckled.

He flashed a smile and I saw the cute dimples at his cheeks. He glanced at his cup again. "Can I take my drink now? I'm thirsty"

I don't know this guy but I like the fact that we interact like friends. Normally, he is meant to yell at me and tell me to mind my business but instead, he is listening to me and allowing me to boss him around. That's funny but interesting.

I turned to the bartender that was attending to some guests. "Excuse me. Can you mix a drink for this handsome man here. Make sure it's non-alcoholic, okay?"

He nodded and got a glass cup out. "I will do that after these few guests".

"Sure!"

"Miss," Mr Handsome called and dug his hands into his pocket. "So why do you care if I drink?"

"Your handsome. Duh! I can't allow such beauty to be wiped out easily"

"So if I decided to commit suicide, what would you do?"

"Knock some sense into your head. That's what I will do"

"You are a strange person. Do you know that?"

"The fact is that I don't support the idea of alcohol drinking. I'm saving your life. You can thank me later. I have seen patients die because of this. It's not a joking matter," I said in a serious tone and sighed. "I know why I am saying this".

"Death?"

"Yeah! A lot of people die because of it. It's either their drunk state puts their life in danger or the alcohol damages important organs in their body," I replied.

"Be rest assured! You now have a converted soul," he smiled and beat his chest. "I don't think I have the mind to drink after hearing that".

"Good!"

The bartender gave me the drink and I handed it to Mr Handsome. He nodded and sipped from it. "Not bad!"

"See!" I smirked.

He moved to my side and rested on the counter. I could only see his thick black hair since I was sitting on the counter. He was silent as he sipped the drink. I was curious to know what was on his mind and asked, "Is something bothering you? You can share it with me. Doctors are good listeners. We also don't publicize information from our patients so your secret is safe with me".

I paused and furrowed my brows.

Why did I just say that suddenly? What is my business with him? We just met! I can't start poking my nose at his matter. I need to leave here now.

I was about to jump down from the counter when his gaze met mine. He had a troubled look on his face. He forced a smile and said, "It's nothing much".

"Your face says otherwise," I pointed out.

He sent a weak smile and looked away.

"Tell me. What happened to you?"

He shrugged.

"Dude! Talk! It's better to share it with a friend. Like most people say, a problem shared, is a problem half-solved"

He glanced at me and lifted a brow. "Are we friends?"

"Do you need a friend?"

He froze. His eyes slowly lowered and he pursed his lips.

"Then, we are friends cos I can see you need one!"

"I don't know why I want to ask you this..." he trailed off and rubbed his chin. "But I will ask you".

"Ask me what?"

"If you are forced in an arranged marriage to a person you don't give a fuck about, your mother says she will kill herself if you don't marry that person and your father threatens to disown you, what will you do?"

"Err..."

"Oh! And your parents are greedy so they want you to marry that person because she will inherit that wealth of her rich father. What will you do?"

System overload! My brain just shut down. Geez! What will I do in such a situation?

          ----------------------

Did you enjoy this chapter? What's your opinion on it?

Tell me that part that cracked you up in this chapter😂

Thanks for reading. VOTE and comment.

That's right,
Itz Mabel.❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 2.1K 67
"Camilla, please do this for me." She begged. "But I don't even know you." I stared back at the woman who looked exactly like me, only that she wasn...
23.9K 3.5K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...
19.6K 2K 50
He placed the wine glass on the table and shifted his gaze to me, "It's a deal." His face broke into a small smile as he stretched his hand out to me...
196K 7.7K 33
"You Raven are to be my wife whether you like it or not" Toni huskily whispered into the enraged woman's ear. "No, I will not! Over my dead body wil...