°17°

Omo! I just wish I can go back to the beach. Aargh!

It's been two days after that fun outing. I haven't seen Prince since then. He went to Lagos island for some important business and has been there for two days. He will be returning today and he insisted we eat lunch together. He had said during our phone that he misses me. I've become a friend to him.

I knew we would become friends. Imagine a cocky smile on my face. Cos I know I'm a girl with good vibes.

However, today I heard a new doctor was recruited into their hospital. I would be working under him. I don't want any bad reports that will affect my residency program so I plan of leaving a good first impression. I want him to see me for the diligent doctor I am.

For the past thirty minutes, I've been trying to meet him so that I can introduce myself. The funny part about it was that we never crossed paths. If he was at the top floor, I would be at the first floor. That is if he is upstairs, I'm downstairs. If I'm heading to his office, he would be heading to another office. So I've just been roaming around the hospital. I had work to do and I decided to put my full attention on it. I was speaking to a patient in his ward when my colleague, a woman informed me that the specific doctor I have been hoping to meet was expecting me in his office. I made sure I was looking proper and well dressed in my scrub as I headed to his office. When I got there, I knocked on the door.

A voice called for me to come in. I took in a deep breathe and walked in.

"Good morning sir!" I greeted.

"Is this morning?" he growled.

I looked around me and spotted a wall clock. 11:30 am. Yes na! It's morning. Mtcheww. What's doing this man?

"Yes, sir!"

"I called for you. What took you so long?"

"Sir, I came here the moment I was informed"

"And you are?"

Oh! My bad! I forgot to tell you that this doctor hasn't even glanced at me since I entered his office. His eyes are on his laptop.

So rude! Just because he be oga. No wahala. Small small. I go get there.

"My name is Anita Tosin, sir"

"Are you a doctor here?"

"Um...I'm doing my residency program"

"What do you specialize in?"

"Surgery!" I replied with a deep sense of confidence. He noticed that in my voice and glanced at me.

He did a once over and asked, "Are you up to the task? We need hardworking people in that field".

"You don't know me, sir. I'm diligent"

"We shall see!" he mumbled and his eyes darted to his laptop. "Take this file and give it to the patient in room 13," he instructed and stretched a file to me.

"Okay, sir!" I took it.

"You may leave"

"Thank you, sir" I made effort to smile though he couldn't see.

What did I even smile? Chai! Waste of energy! I could have just saved that energy so I can use it to smile to a true handsome man not an old man with grey hairs.

I walked out of the office with my face scrunched up.

"How is the man?" A voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Good morning, Chisom!" I greeted my colleague. She is a nurse in this hospital. She is a diligent and independent woman that I admire.

"Good morning dear," she smiled at me. "So how is the new doctor?"