What if... Walt made a differ...

By 6666anonymous

A twist to the original story. Sanubis inside. DISCLAIMER: I don't own any of the characters in the story More

My talk with Walt
Scratch that, Anubis does the talking
We fight, fight, fight
Fight even more
I talk to the dead
Carter behaves like a coward
We get a little happy ending (for now)

How dare he?!

821 9 0
By 6666anonymous

 Anubis put his arms around me. He smelled of temple incense—copal and amber and other ancient fragrances.

"Don't. Don't die like Walt feared you would. He feared for you stronger than he mourned himself. The most you could do is to leave it behind."

"Walt." I rasped.

Walt didn't answer. His eyes were closed. He lay perfectly still.

I hugged his forehead, the incantations of the white-hot spell gradually fading from Anubis's palm, which was rapidly cooling. "I'll miss you."

Anubis seemed to look somewhere far, far away. "It never gets better."

I put a hand on Walt's. They were ice-cold, so unlike the life bursting from him mere minutes ago. "Bring him back to the Nome. I'll settle things with my brother first, and then we'll... We'll give him a proper burial."

Anubis nodded mutely. A door of darkness formed behind me as Anubis picked Walt up. "Carter and Zia are in trouble. I'll try to send reinforcements to help you. I will meet you at the First Nome at sunrise when my minions will start preparing for Walt's soul. Watch out for Setne."

A wet droplet tapped my arms, but I didn't care. I ran into the door of darkness and hated Anubis for letting him die like he was supposed to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 208 21
Darkpaw has always been in her sister's shadow. But it was never because Brightpaw was the best hunter or fighter, though she certainly was. It was b...
13.5K 205 15
The Halstead siblings went through a lot the past few months. But now it's time to look forward and live a normal life again. Or not? *Most of the ch...
63.4K 2.5K 23
WARNING: THIS BOOK HAS MAJOR PLOT HOLES, AND IS ALL TOGETHER VERY BAD. I SUGGEST YOU READ MY NEW BOOK, Skeletons In My Closet. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ...
6.3K 169 30
Adrien rejects Marinette's confession to him, but regrets it as he realizes he may be feeling a bit more than friendship for the girl. However Luka's...