angelic | jean kirstein

By gothmikasacult

in which two humans fight to become free despite being doomed from the beginning. [season 1 -] [jeanxoc] More

introduction
character visuals
chapter zero
chapter one
chapter two
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five

chapter three

4.1K 233 623
By gothmikasacult

ANGELIC – CHAPTER THREE

Isabel had been put on street patrolling as her last task before graduation. To say she was bored was an understatement, she scoffed as she stood between Floch and Nina, two Cadets she wasn't all too familiar with. "What're you scoffing at?"

She flicked her eyes away from the streets and up to Floch. "I can't imagine wanting to do this as a job, it's so boring just patrolling the streets. Where's the action?"

"I think it's kind of peaceful," Floch answered quietly, Nina nodding her head from Isabel's right. "Besides, not all of us want to throw our lives away."

She shrugged her shoulders and stretched, her arms lifted above her head and her shoulder gave a loud crack. "Then join the Garrison, I guess risking their lives isn't for everyone."

"Why is that an insult?" Nina asked loudly from her spot beside Isabel, neck craned at the taller girl as Nina was merely 5 foot 2 and Isabel was 5 foot 8. Isabel looked down at the dark haired girl and raised her right eyebrow in question.

"I never said-"

"No," Nina cut her off, arms crossing over her chest. "If someone doesn't want to join the Scouts and throw their lives away recklessly then you always look down on them. You think we're cowards, well we're not. Just because Floch and I want to join the Garrison does not mean I am a coward."

"I want to join the Garrison so I could help protect the walls so what happened five years ago doesn't happen again. I want to make sure that everyone is safe. Why is that so bad? Why is that worse than joining the Scouts?"

Isabel sighed and scratched the back of her neck. "You're right," She spoke quietly. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't judge you on the fact that you want to join the Garrison, that's your choice and I respect that."

"Thank you." Nina answered quietly, her face flushing red. The air that surrounded them was awkward - uncomfortable. "Why are you so desperate to join the scouts anyway? Are you not afraid of the titans?" Nina asked, breaking the silence.

The silver-haired girl shrugged her shoulders. "Everyone I know is a Scout, bar anyone I've met these last few years. My father is the Commander, my godparents are Squad Leaders. The people I'm closest to risk their lives to try and make the world a better place, I guess I just want to join the cause and make them proud."

"They'd be proud if you joined the Military Police." Floch spoke up. "You have the option to join, why don't you take it? It's better money, safety, respect."

Her mind wandered back to the night Annie had first asked her if she would follow her to the MPs if they made top 10, she remembered her heart breaking as she had to deny her first real friend the company in the inner walls. Maybe the MPs wouldn't be so bad, she thought.

"You think?" Isabel asked, her eyes holding Floch's in a stare. "I've never really considered the MPs, I've always just wanted to follow my father's footsteps."

"I would." Nina said. "I know I would be proud if my daughter joined the MPs."

Isabel shook her head and let out a small laugh and began to walk ahead from the duo. "No, I could never. I don't want the money or the respect, I want freedom."

"Besides," She flicked her head over her shoulder, a smirk playing on her lips. "You really think I'd want to see Kirstein everyday? No thanks." She fake gagged.

The trio erupted into a fit of laughs as they continued on patrolling the streets, smiling at citizens as they passed. They're not too bad, she thought as she looked between the pair a smile gracing her lips.

Jade eyes stared up at the sky as they walked, watching as the clouds cleared from the sky, birds scattering in every direction. With a deep breath of fresh air she sighed softly in contempt, her eyes fluttered shut as she hummed quietly to herself. She was thinking of joining the MPs, being able to see Annie and Marco everyday, having to put up with Jean but she figured if they were to work together then maybe they could put their differences aside, the pride her father might feel that his daughter was an MP. Then the sickening feeling of not being able to see him all the time, being separated once more. Not being able to work for her freedom, not being able to fight for humanity.

Her eyes snapped open at the loud sound of a lightning strike, the sky tinted green and yellow before it faded back to blue. "What was that?" Floch asked as he looked at the two girls. Isabel didn't move a muscle as she stared up at the wall, a large head was peering down at the city, no flesh, just muscle.

"Oh, God," Nina whispered. "It's him, it's the colossal."

Isabel's eyes widened with fear as she stared at the titan, her blood ran cold. Is that what they look like, she thought to herself, goose bumps rising on her skin as she stared up, the MPs were starting to sound more appealing to her with every second that ticked by.

The ground rumbled and knocked her off her feet, she kneeled on the floor, hands supporting her upper body. It was almost as if everything had been slowed down, chunks of rock from the wall began to fly through the sky, she couldn't do anything, she couldn't move.

"Move!" Floch yelled as a large piece of the wall soared towards them, but Isabel couldn't move, she stared as it grew closer and closer. Nina grabbed Isabel's arm and yanked her towards the building they were taking shelter under, her body jolted towards the duo seconds before the rock landed just where she had been.

"Snap out of it, Isabel, we have to go!" Nina yelled as she shook her shoulders, eyes staring in desperation at her petrified face. "We have to evacuate everyone!"

The words Nina had spoken had managed to yank Isabel out of her panicked state. She shakily stood to her feet, her face so pale it looked as if all the blood in her body had been drained. Screams surrounded the city as Isabel, Floch and Nina began to run and get people evacuated.

Her heart beat hard against her chest as she ran towards the crowd of panicked civilians, her ears rang hard, bile rising in her throat, eyes blurred from tears that threatened to spill. How did I ever think I would make it as a Scout, she thought as she guided people silently towards the inner gate with her partners, I can't even speak!

The ground began to shake, loud footsteps getting slightly louder, screams becoming more deafening. Isabel looked over her shoulder, eyes widening even more than she thought they could. A titan was walking towards the crowd slowly, eyes half-closed with a horrifying frown on its face.

"Isabel!" Nina yelled loudly, "We need to get to HQ to refill our supplies!" The silver-haired girl nodded her head and allowed the girl to drag her by the wrist. How's she so calm, we're all going to die! Isabel thought as she attached her ODM gear to a nearby building.

Isabel took a shaky breath and flew over the rooftops, her eyes not leaving her destination, she knew if she spared a single glance to the titans whilst she was in flight, she would crumble and surely be eaten.

The trio reached HQ quicker than they had anticipated but they ran through the doors, running towards the gas canisters along with the many other Cadets. The building was full of panicked cadets, some throwing up their lunch, some crying that they were going to die, some so petrified that they stared blankly.

She ran to where some Cadets were filling up their gas tanks, tripping as she ran. Her hands shook as she tried to fill her gas tanks, she simply could not do it. She let out a pained cry and shook her head violently as the tears cascaded down her cheeks.

"Isabel?"

Isabel turned quickly, tears still streaming down her cheeks as she faced him. His eyes widened in shock at the state of the usually composed cadet. She shook her head and turned back around, her hands still fumbling with the gear.

"Why are you crying?! You knew you were going to have to face them at some point!"

He yanked the gear out of her hands and began to fill up her canisters for her, his eyebrows furrowed together, eyes scrunched in annoyance. "I didn't expect to see them so soon. . . They're terrifying."

"I'm aware." He snapped.

Isabel shook her head in stupidity, completely forgetting that he had witnessed what they could do. "Eren, I'm sorry -"

"Save it." He huffed as he moved onto her second canister. "Pull yourself together, Isabel, you're a soldier, you're trained to fight them. If you're going to sit there and cry about it then you may as well join the MPs like a coward, you'll just slow us down."

His words struck her like a poisonous stinger. The tears stopped immediately and all that was left was a terrifying rage that boiled her blood. She wasn't angry at Eren, she was angry at herself. "You're right. You're absolutely right." She scoffed as he finished filling up her gas. "What use am I going to be if I can't even fight?"

Eren stood for a moment and stared down at her, watching as her fists balled at her sides. She stared straight into his eyes, a look in them he'd never seen before. "Hit me."

"What?"

"You heard me," She stated, jaw clenched.

Eren scoffed and shook her head. "I am not going to hit you. Are you crazy?!"

"Why not? Will your mother be mad?" She taunted, a smirk on her face. "Oh wait. . . she's dead."

Eren's eyebrow twitched. "That isn't going to work. Besides, have you forgot where yours -"

"Silly of me to ask you." She responded. "You're not strong, that's it. Couldn't even save your mother from the titans and now-"

Isabel's head jerked to the side violently and she almost lost her balance, almost. Her right hand came up to hold her cheek, a soft smile on her face. Eren's arm still hung in the air from the swing, his fists balled in anger. "Thank you, I needed that. I hope you know I didn't mean it, I -"

"I know." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

993K 27.9K 86
Suns had always been known to be the brightest light, but anyone whose ever met one particular girl would know her smile conquered all. She loved and...
376K 14.4K 34
trying to put your life as an actress to the side, which did not really work - wouldve never made you even think about finding the love of your life...
478K 7.9K 24
Disclaimer: I don't own Attack on Titan The scouts return one last time to watch Season 4. This time with Candy as emotional support. [No Pairings]
42.3K 542 43
Another Oneshot's Erwin X Reader