heavens calling | carlisle cu...

By kiraalicex

Carlisle has been searching for a mate his whole life, but thus far has not succeeded. With his family all ma... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
the end

15

15.2K 484 42
By kiraalicex

Emmett looks around the bar he's in, his eyes scanning the people. Alice sketched a picture of someone he may find of use but he can't see them here yet. He doesn't mind waiting. In a way, he doesn't want to go home empty handed, but another part of him can't bare to see his father lose his mate. The thought of him losing Rosalie was heartbreaking but for Carlisle to actually be facing it? Poor man.

"What can I get for you?" The flirty girl says behind the bar.

Emmett forces a smile, leaning on the counter. "You." He says, half serious. She smells devine. He's a stress eater, you see, and it's really hard to just push temptation aside right now.

"Oh honey, you got it." She winks.

Emmett licks his lips slowly, glancing across the bar as someone comes out from the back room. Oh shoot that's him. He walks away from the girl and over to the other end if the bar, the guy stiffening as he does. He raises an eyebrow.

He spins around, glaring. "Your kind aren't welcome here."

"My kind?" He says slowly, his eyes scanning his and his senses taking in his scent. "You're a hybrid." He whisper hisses, checking no one near by hears.

The guy quickly, trying to remain human-like, rushes out of the back, but Emmett easily catches him. Emmett shoves him against the wall of the alley. "What's the problem, huh?" He demands.

The guy glares. "Get your hands off me leech!"

"No no, we're the same you and I." Emmett smirks coldly. "Why are you running? What're you tryna hide? I haven't even told you why I came but you're squirming like a bitch."

The guy straightens up, trying to put on a tough front. "Nothing. I just don't like your kind - my mother died because she birthed me, half of me came from a jerk like you. I tend not to take kindly to your kind showing up."

Emmett laughs coldly, looking down at the boy. "Listen... You better tell me what you're hiding, buddy. I'm not going to play nice."

"What do you want!" He demands.

"My friend was bitten here and now she's sick. I want to know why." Emmett snaps.

The boys eyes flick to the end of the alley as he swallows hard. "Shouldn't she be like you? Or-or dead?"

"Yes, she should. You don't sound surprise, huh." Emmett grabs his jaw. "What. Aren't. You. Telling. Me."

The boy chokes, kicking as Emmett slowly lifts him by the throat slash jaw off the ground. His once golden eyes are now black, his shiny teeth showing as he snarls, any ounce of the playful bear everyone loves now gone.

"Emmett!" A voice warns.

He looks over, a bit surprised to see Kate and Garrett. "Stay out of this." He snaps.

"Not a chance. We've been sent to keep an eye on you." Kate says as she walks over. "Put the boy down. I have a better idea of how to get information from him."

-

Wren watches Carlisle read; he's so engrossed in research, he hasn't noticed her awake yet. He normally always notices. She gently sits up. "You'll get frown lines if you keep scowling." She says in a croaky voice.

He instantly closes his book and comes over, chuckling. "Hey you. Frown lines on this face? No chance." He sits on the couch with her.

She sits up a little and smiles, taking his hand. "What were you so intently reading, Mr Cullen?"

"Just some old legends." He tucks a piece of her hair back.

"And any luck?"

He smiles sadly. "No. But it's still early days. You hungry?"

Wren takes a shaky breath. "Yeah... Not for what you're on about though." She smiles small.

Carlisle nods small in understanding. "Well... I snuck a few bags from the blood bank. They'll do for now, they'll keep you going."

Wren frowns. "I hate that. People need those, need them to survive."

"And so do you. Better this than you killing someone." He says gently, standing. "I'll be back."

Wren sighs and watches him go, forcing herself to sit up. She looks around the messy office at all the books that are around, so many more than he ever used to own. Is this how he's been spending his time since she left? She reaches over as the phone vibrates, raising an eyebrow as she sees a video call from Emmett. Vampires can video call?

"Just who I was after." Emmett says, smiling cheerfully at the sight of Wren.

She hugs her pillow as she smiles. "Hey stranger. Where are you?"

"New Orleans. I need to show you someone, see if you recognise them." He says.

"Okay... But I don't really remember much." She says.

Emmett moves the phone around, Wren gasping as she sees a familiar looking boy held by 2 others, the females hand on the boys shoulder. "I-I think I know him..." She says slowly.

As the boy squirms, something Wren can only describe as a taser-like shock stuns the boy. As he screams, she suddenly has a flash back. She drops the phone, Carlisle rushing in as he hears that mixed with her racing heart.

"Wren!?" Emmett and Carlisle both say.

"Screams... So many screams." She cries as she covers her face. She doesn't remember much... Screams, that's what she does remember. Why does she though?

"Emmett, who is he." carlisle demands as he grabs the phone.

Emmett glances at the boy. "He worked in the bar Alice sent me to - she said he'd be a lead."

"Bring him." Carlisle says before he hangs up and throws the phone. He pulls Wren close as she cries, stroking her head gently. "Shh, I got you." He whispers.

-

"Alice! It is so lovely to see you!" Huilen says as she greets Alice in a clearing of the forest. "Bella and her daughter, too!"

Alice smiles small as she hugs the woman back gently. "Hello, Huilen, thank you for meeting us."

"Of course." The woman bows her head in a small nod. "What can I do?"

"Your tribe had legends of vampires and things, didn't they?" She asks.

Hiulen nods. "Of course. Many of the tribes across South America have various legends of our kind. How you become one, how they feed, what they do. Of course many aren't true but I don't know how many are." She explains. "Is there something you need to know?"

"Carlisle's Mate." Bella says. "She's sick. The bite didn't change her, it only made her sick."

Hiulen frowns. "I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing..." She says slowly. "If you give me a few days, I can consult with my tribes histories. And I can contact other tribes for you."

Alice smiles. "Thank you, that would really help. In the mean time we'll be seeking out the legends ourselves. Call me as soon as you get a lead."

-

"What if she doesn't recover from this?"

Jasper looks over at Edward as he drives. "I know you're the pessimist of the family, but have a little faith." Jasper laughs small.

"I'm serious. Carlisle wouldn't survive that." Edward shakes his head as he grips the wheel. "It'd be suicide watch for the rest of his life."

"We can't force him to live, Edward. You know exactly how he feels about this, we both do - you don't want to live without your mate. No ifs or buts, no maybes. The end of them is the end of you. And we can't blame him for that. Let's just hope the Volturi have something. It's not fun to have to face them but needs must."

Edward nods stiffly in agreement. They agreed to meet with Aro, Jane and Felix on neutral terf; nowhere near either of their homes, opting for a very public restaurant up the Shard in London.

Jasper and Edward make their way inside, up to the fancy restaurant. The waitress blushes as she leads them to the private room, setting menus in front of them and excusing herself.

Aro already sits at the table, Jane and Felix behind him. "Friends. How... Lovely to see you." Aro smirks.

Edward forces a smile, sat stiffly in the chair. "Ditto." He simply says.

"You intruiged me so very much, dear Edward, when you called me. Carlisle being in trouble is not something I'd have thought-"

Jasper interrupts. "He is safe. His mate, however, isn't. She was bitten but she didn't turn, however she isn't dead either. She's sick. Needs to hunt but her body rejects the blood. Do you have any idea what is happening?"

Aro is a bit stunned. "Another human..." He realises, tutting. "My my, you Cullens never learn." He sighs, sitting forward. "I'm going to need a little more detail-"

"Refer to them as crimes and see how fast it takes me to throw you from the top of this building." Edward snarls.

Jane's lip curles over her teeth as she returns the snarl, Aro holding his hand up to halt her. "Behave, you two." He says calmly. "While it is a crime, I simply want to know what sort of sickness."

"I told you, she needs blood but can't keep it down." Jasper says.

"Is she exhibiting any vampire like behaviours other than that?" He asks.

"No." Edward rolls his eyes. "You've got nothing have you? Just say that and let us go. We've got dozens more places to try."

Aro smirks. "Oh but I love our time together. It's always so educational!" He sighs. "No, I don't know a thing. But I'd like to help out."

"Tough luck, we don't want it." Jasper rolls his eyes as he and Edward stand.

Aro stands too. "No, I want to." He says seriously, the humour gone. "Carlisle is a dear friend of mine and I want to help out in any way I can. You have the full power of my coven at your disposal. How can we help?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

950K 35.3K 60
" 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲. " " 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗼𝗿...
48.3K 1.7K 62
Cordelia Austin is an extroverted introvert. A red headed girl with a wacky side that seemed to make her stand out. What happens when a new family mo...
271K 8.4K 23
A boy who would live forever fell in love with a girl who wouldn't last the year. "if i loved you less, i might be able to talk about it more." --- ...
59.5K 1.3K 38
Iᑎ ᗯᕼIᑕᕼ ᑕᗩᖇᒪIᔕᒪE'ᔕ ᗰᗩTE ᑕOᗰEᔕ ᗷᗩᑕK TO ᕼIᗰ .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x. -- ᑕᗩᖇᒪIᔕᒪE ᙭ Oᑕ -- -- ᑭOᔕT-ᗷᖇEᗩKIᑎG ᗪᗩᗯᑎ --