The Chronicles Of Narnia : Th...

Από cypherminsuga

Completed A Peter Pevensie Story Stumbling upon an entire new world just behind a door, Aria had her prophecy... Περισσότερα

Author's note
PART 1
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 13. II
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Part 2
Chapter 17.0
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
A/N
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Aria's letter
Chapter 50
Epilogue I.
Epilogue II
A/N
Reveal

Chapter 40

1.9K 60 26
Από cypherminsuga

Edmund played with the scroll in his hand, his eyes on the Telmarine camp in the distance.

He acknowledged Glenstorm as he walked up next to him and smiled as Aria arrived, armed with her sword and bow.

"Everything will be alright. Right?", she said, trying to convince herself.

Edmund smiled and nodded.
"We are only walking into the enemy's camp. What could go wrong?".

Aria turned to look at the boy as Edmund did the same, offering his hand to the girl.

Aria gripped his hand tightly and turned to Glenstorm.

She nodded at the centuar and the four set off towards the camp.

Edmund squinted his eyes in the direction of the camp, looking for any unexpected movements.

He tripped over a rock and Aria fought the urge to laugh.

The boy instantly stood upright, looking around him with curiosity.

"Be careful, there are loose-"

Aria tripped and Edmund had to hold onto the girl's hand to prevent her from falling.

"Roots", Edmund continued, an amused smile on his face.

"Do you think they're watching us?", Aria asked.

"Well if they are, they just saw a clumsy king and queen".

Aria fake frowned, a barely concealed smirk on her face.
"Not a very good first impression is it?".

Edmund shook his head, pressing his lips tightly to avoid laughing.
"Bring out your straight face. We are almost there".

Aria elbowed the boy, shooting him an annoyed look.
"Well you saying that is not going to help me keep one".

"Sshshhh", Edmund whisper shouted, leaning closer to the girl.

"You shush".

•••○•••

"I, Peter, by the gift of Aslan, by election and by conquest, High King of Narnia, Lord of Cair Paravel and Emperor of the Lone Islands, in order to prevent the abominable effusion of blood, do hereby challenge the usurper Miraz to single combat upon the field of battle. The fight shall be to the death. The reward shall be total surrender".

Edmund rolled up the scroll once he had done reading, his gaze then turning to Miraz.

Aria stood behind Edmund, watching Miraz carefully.

"Tell me Prince Edmund", Miraz began.

"King", Edmund interrupted, correcting the man.

Miraz paused, raising his eyebrows in confusion.
"Pardon me?".

"It's King Edmund, actually. Just king. Peter's the High King", the boy explained to clear up the confusion.
"It's confusing, I know".

Aria smiled and nodded.

Miraz glanced at the lords seated beside him.

They all merely stared at the boy with puzzled looks.

The man dismissed Edmund's words and gestured to the men around him.

"Why would we risk such a proposal when our armies could wipe you out by nightfall?".

Aria glanced at Edmund, hoping the boy would choose his words wisely.

They needed a catalyst and at that moment they only had words to help them along.

"Haven't you already underestimated our numbers?", Edmund asked the man. "Only weeks ago, Narnians were extinct".

Miraz settled comfortably in his seat and flashed a vile smile.
"And so you will be again".

"You continue to underestimate them Miraz".

The men in the room turned to meet the owner of the voice.

Heads turned in the direction of the girl as she stepped up to stand beside Edmund.

Audible gasps and whispers rose among the men as they recognised the girl.

Miraz abruptly got to his feet, pointing a threatening finger at Aria.

"Why is the witch still alive?", the man demanded, his voice trembling with hatred and spite.

Aria frowned at his choice of words.

"I'm not a witch", she said.

She took a step forward, no longer frowning but a small smile on her face.

"And it doesn't matter if I'm alive or dead.
What matters is the offer we have at hand".

Aria held Miraz's gaze as the man stared at the girl with malice.

He turned to Lord Sopespian with such hatred that if looks could kill, the Lord would have instantly combusted.

Aria followed Miraz's gaze and couldn't help but smile in victory.

Miraz settled back in his seat, his eyes flickering unable to meet her gaze.

He looked up at the girl, a permanent scowl on his face that contrasted with Aria's bright smile.

"I have nothing to lose", he threatened.

"Well then, you should have little to fear", Edmund replied.

Miraz turned to look at the boy, a laugh escaping his lips.
"This is not a question of bravery".

"So you're bravely refusing to fight a swordsman half your age?", Aria stated, looking straight at the man.

"You dare speak to me that way!", Miraz threatened, leaning closer to the girl.

Aria simply smiled.

The man was threatened by the girl and it showed as the Lords seated beside him glanced at each other.

"I'm a high queen. Elected much long ago than you were, I'm afraid. I may speak as I will", Aria asserted.

"But you see, it is not our positions that we have come to talk about".

She glanced at the men around him before focusing her gaze on Miraz.
"Do you refuse?".

Miraz glared at the two children.

"I didn't say I refused", he replied sharply.

"You shall have our support, your majesty", a telmarine Lord spoke up.
"Whatever your decision".

"Sire", Lord Sopespian spoke.

His gaze that was previously on Aria shifted to Miraz.

Whatever hatred he had possessed before, seeing the spirit alive - he concealed it.

"Our military advantage alone provides the perfect excuse to avoid what might otherwise be-".

Miraz instantly stood up and drew his sword, cutting off the Lord's words.

"I am not avoiding anything", he said.

The Lord shrugged.
"I was merely pointing out that my Lord is well within his rights to refuse".

"His majesty would never refuse", General Glozelle pointed out.
"He relishes the chance to show the people the courage of their new king".

Edmund and Aria shared knowing glances.

The catalyst.

Aria bit on her lips, fighting back a smile.

Miraz paused at Glozelle's words.

He frowned thinking hard about it.

Aria smiled knowing already that Miraz would accept the challenge.

The man would never refuse as long as his ego was at risk.

Miraz glanced at the girl and Aria raised her eyebrow to which the man scowled.

He lifted his sword and pointed it at Edmund.

"You!", he said. "You should hope your brother's sword is sharper than his pen".

Edmund nodded and turned to the girl, his lips raised in a barely concealed smirk.

Aria smiled back.

All they had left was to trust Peter and his ability to fight.

She turned to look at Miraz and Sopespian before the two walked out of the tent.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

16.5K 500 15
"No, no I mean. You're Narnian's?" Caspian stated, looking at the three occupying the room. "No way, didn't know that." Lynetta said. Prince Caspian...
295K 9.4K 32
❝she'd gone from being irrelevant to being unavoidable, and what wouldn't peter give just to see her one more time❞ [book 2] ✳︎✳︎✳︎ good people alway...
2.3K 34 16
After they returned to England, Lenna and the Pevensie's tried to return to a normal life but that was harder said than done. Especially for Lenna...
1.1K 57 10
[Ongoing] Call to the Old SEQUEL. All hope had been lost between the both of them, they each clung to anything that reminded them of each other. Thei...