Chapter 11

Swords clashed and the sound of metal rang in the air as Narnians and enemies alike swung their weapons at each other

Aria kept glancing at Peter, the boy sweeping through a crowd of the witch's army.

The girl pulled out her bow, knocking an arrow and sending it flying into a dwarf's chest - one that had been aiming at Peter.

Peter looked around him, his eyes landing on Aria before shifting to an arrow that soared above them.
The arrow burst into flames, a phoenix taking form.

It swooped down, drawing a line of fire right across the field, separating the troops.

The Narnians cheered as the witch's army seemed to disappear behind it.
But the joy was short-lived as Jadis swung her wand, instantly putting out the flames and marching through it.

Peter looked back at the Narnians in alarm, ordering them to retreat to a fall-back point in the rocks where the archers were stationed.

Aria clenched her fists as she watched Narnians struggle, creatures of all types falling amidst battle.

"Aria!", Peter rode until he was beside the girl, snapping Aria out of her daze. "Come on!".

Aria gripped Legacy's mane, as the horse followed Peter's.

Her heart beat rapidly in her chest and her breath came in short gasps as tears threatened to fall.
She wasn't supposed to be weak but seeing her allies fall - it took a toll on her.

A short cry sounded from beside her and Aria looked back to see Peter thrown on the ground as the unicorn he rode on was shot down.

"Peter!".
Aria brought her horse to a stop,instantly dismounting and running towards the boy that lay stunned on the rocks.

She helped him to her feet, her eyes then shifting to Oreius who sped past her and Peter.

"Stop!", Peter called out to him but he charged the witch's army, ignoring his King's orders.

Aria held onto Peter's arm as he tried to follow him, the boy shooting her a questioning glance.
Aria shook her head, her eyes begging him to stay.