Catch Me if You Can (Male Rea...

By aLogan11

(Y/N) had never gone to any combat schools in all of Remnant. So why did Professor Ozpin take such an interes... More

(Y/N) Bio
Vol 1 Part 1
Vol 1 Part 2
Vol 1 Part 3
Vol 1 Part 4
Vol 1 Part 5
Vol 1 Part 6
Vol 1 Part 7
Vol 1 Part 8
Vol 1 Part 9
Vol 1 Part 10
Vol 1 Part 11
Vol 1 Part 12
Vol 1 Part 13
Vol 1 Part 14
Vol 1 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 1
Vol 2 Part 2
Vol 2 Part 3
Vol 2 Part 4
Vol 2 Part 5
Vol 2 Part 6
Vol 2 Part 7
Vol 2 Part 8
Vol 2 Part 9
Vol 2 Part 10
Vol 2 Part 11
Vol 2 Part 12
Vol 2 Part 13
Vol 2 Part 14
Vol 2 Part 15
Vol 2 Part 16
Vol 3 Part 1
Vol 3 Part 2
Vol 3 Part 3
Vol 3 Part 4
Vol 3 Part 5
Vol 3 Part 6
Vol 3 Part 7
Vol 3 Part 8
Vol 3 Part 9
Vol 3 Part 10
Vol 3 Part 11
Vol 3 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 1
Vol 4 Part 2
Vol 4 Part 3
Vol 4 Part 4
Vol 4 Part 5
Vol 4 Part 6
Vol 4 Part 7
Vol 4 Part 8
Vol 4 Part 9
Vol 4 Part 10
Vol 4 Part 12
Vol 4 Part 13
Vol 4 Part 14
Vol 5 Part 1
Vol 5 Part 2
Vol 5 Part 3
Vol 5 Part 4
Vol 5 Part 5
Vol 5 Part 6
Vol 5 Part 7
Vol 5 Part 8
Vol 5 Part 9
Vol 5 Part 10
Vol 5 Part 11
Vol 5 Part 12
Vol 5 Part 13
Vol 5 Part 14
Ria Cdc Uipz Zi?
Vol 6 Part 1
Vol 6 Part 2
Vol 6 Part 3
Vol 6 Part 4
Vol 6 Part 5
Vol 6 Part 6
Vol 6 Part 7
Vol 6 Part 8
Vol 6 Part 9
Vol 6 Part 10
Vol 6 Part 11
Vol 6 Part 12
Vol 6 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 1
Vol 7 Part 2
Vol 7 Part 3
Vol 7 Part 4
Vol 7 Part 5
Vol 7 Part 6
Vol 7 Part 7
Vol 7 Part 8
Vol 7 Part 9
Vol 7 Part 10
Vol 7 Part 11
Vol 7 Part 12
Vol 7 Part 13
Vol 7 Part 14
Vol 8 Part 1
Vol 8 Part 2
Vol 8 Part 3
Vol 8 Part 4
Vol 8 Part 5
Vol 8 Part 6
Vol 8 Part 7
Vol 8 Part 8
Vol 8 Part 9
Vol 8 Part 10
Vol 8 Part 11
Vol 8 Part 12
Vol 8 Part 13
Vol 8 Part 14
Vol 9 Teaser 1
Vol 9 Teaser 2
Vol 9 Teaser 3
Vol 9 Teaser 4
Vol 9 Part 1
Vol 9 Part 2
Vol 9 Part 3
Vol 9 Part 4
Vol 9 Part 5
Vol 9 Part 6
Vol 9 Part 7
Vol 9 Part 8

Vol 4 Part 11

633 15 17
By aLogan11

(3rd Person POV)

Ruby woke up, again hearing the voice of Pyrrha, but this time seeing a single tree on a hill. She had no idea what it meant, but didn't waste too much time on it.

She heard sounds of someone breathing heavily, and followed them to see Edel, seeming to be training.

He was without his jacket, wearing only his boots, pants, and gloves. She looked at his body, but he seemed lean, with almost no muscle on his body, quite different from (Y/N) even that long ago.

Edel looked like he had never worked out a day in his life.

He seemed to count something out in his head, before spinning the twin blades, with each time he came down, he put all his power into it, slicing through the grass.

He repeated the exercise, each time getting faster and faster, more powerful than the last. And the odd thing was that he seemed to be getting less and less tired with each time.

However, it seemed he paused at a certain point, each time. Whenever he tried to leap off with his left leg, there was almost a pause as if he was hurting. Ruby looked down to see his leg, but saw nothing out of the ordinary.

He turned around, the spear disappearing, a smile on his face.

Edel: Good to see you little rose.

Ruby: Could we uh, speak about (Y/N)? I mean, if it's okay with you.

Edel: Oh, it's no problem at all.

He grabbed his jacket from a nearby tree branch, putting it on. Now Ruby could see that he walked with a limp, the injury being something from his left leg.

Edel: Let's.

Ruby led the way, away from the campsite and into the forest.

Ruby: Sorry, I just wanted to know if he was okay...

Edel: It's quite alright. An understandable question, based off of your relationship the two of you shared.

Ruby: Relationship?

Edel nodded as the pair continued on.

Edel: You are a smart girl, little rose, and know who I really am...

He looked to Ruby who nodded in response.

Edel: I saw the two of you, and over the thousand years that I have walked Remnant, I have learned quite a bit about people. I have listened in on their conversations, learning how people act.

Ruby and Edel remained silent as the two of them walked through the forest, the former watching the scenery as Ruby grew more and more anxious.

Ruby: So is he alright?

Edel closed his eyes, not answering Ruby at first.

Edel: I do not know...

Ruby: But you said...

Edel: I said that I knew where he was, but I do not know his fate.

Ruby: Well where is he then?

Edel: He is in Solitas. He has gone back to his home.

Ruby: Why?

Edel: I have heard rumors that a boy was travelling north from Mistral, a raven commonly seen with him. The sources seemed rather disorderly, but they did in fact contain knowledge that allowed me to find him.

He paused, watching with sadness as Ruby's face gained happiness, something that seemed to be missing since he had last seen her.

Edel: I can't go back there. I am barely on the edge of sanity as it is now, and so the second contract ever made was that I would never return.

Ruby: What was the first contract?

Edel: Hmm?

Ruby: Oh, uh...

A blush came over Ruby's face as she looked away from him.

Ruby: I don't know, I was trying to understand everything.

Edel: Of course... To defend against all evil. To cleanse the land of darkness.

Edel paused for a moment.

Edel: I take interest in those that will change the world. Those that will affect many others...

Edel cupped Ruby's cheek with his right hand. While Ruby had felt drawn to Edel back at Beacon, now she felt repulsed by him, and pulled away.

Edel: And your beautiful silver eyes are the key to it all.

With that he turned away, as they both arrived back at the camp. Ruby paused for a moment, not sure how to take their talk as she slowly followed him back.

However he turned back to face her one last time, to which she stopped in place.

Edel: (Y/N) won't be the same... I hope you can still love him.

With that he turned away, continuing onto the camp. Ruby stood there, stunned at the revelation. Did she love him?

The other three were in their sleeping bags, the campfire burned out in the middle. Qrow sat up against the base of a tree, facing the group. Ren sat up with a sigh.

Ren: We should probably get moving.

Jaune followed suit, sitting up as well.

Jaune: Yeah, yeah.

Both turned at the sound of Qrow coughing, which grew louder and sounds worse with each cough. Nora sat up, and Ruby quickly went to her uncle's side.

Purple staining was visible on Qrow's bandage, which he was holding his right hand over. He lifted his left hand to his mouth as he continued to cough.

A cuckoo bird joined its call to the rest of the morning birds. Qrow pulled his hand away with a groan, and the whole palm, including up over the wrist and his fingers, was covered in the purple stain.

Ruby's eyes grew wide, and she gasped. Qrow looked at his hand.

Qrow: Well...

He looked up at Ruby.

Qrow: That's unfortunate.

With a groan, he lowered his hand and head before going still.

Yang lifted up her head, arms as she readied for a fight. Tai took a swing at her with his left hand, but she easily blocked it with her robotic wrist, pushing his hand away from her.

The interplay repeated with his right and her left, only this time Yang used the momentum to turn and come back at her father with a roundhouse kick. Tai bended backwards to dodge it, his legs in a lunge. He gave his daughter a solid punch, pushing her back a few feet.

Nearby, Zwei watched the two spar, panting happily. Beside him was a low stool with two white towels. His head changed angles, oscillating to the sounds of grunts and contact. Abruptly he held his head straight and made a noise of surprise.

Tai stood alone and moved forward, doing his own roundhouse kick. Yang joined both hands atop each other to block Tai's landing foot. With a loud cry, she pushed it up and back. Tai regained his footing in a flip while Yang waited for his landing. Using her robotic arm, she knocked him back with a single hit.

Holding onto his right bicep, Tai slid through the dirt, his feet flat on the ground until he came to a stop.

Tai: Whoa, that thing packs a punch!

Yang: We've been at this for weeks. I get it, you wanna make sure I can still fight.

She bumped her own fists together.

Yang: I think I'm doing just fine.

Tai: You're close.

He stood upright, no longer nursing his arm. Walking around his daughter in a circle, he assessed her progress.

Yang: Oh, really?

Tai: You're still off balance.

Yang: What? No I'm not!

Tai chuckled.

Yang: Honestly, I'm kind of surprised.

She lifted her robotic arm, looking down at it with a smile.

Yang: I thought it would be just this huge weight, but it feels... natural. They did a great job with this thing.

Tai came in, delivering a left hook right into her face. Yang's upper body reared back both from impact and surprise. She was ready to block his right hook, however, and used the turning momentum to deliver an elbow jab.

Grinning the entire time, Tai blocked it and then dodged all the kicks she followed through with. Yang switched to punches, but Tai was too on point for her. While she used her left hand to block an elbow thrust, Tai has grasped her robotic arm and pulled it forward. The position put Yang in the position of having her balance rely on the weight of one leg.

Tai: I wasn't talking about your actual balance.

He swept her forward leg, sending her onto the ground and on her back. He left her there and walked over to Zwei, who happily got the top towel for him.

Tai: Although, that could use some work too.

Tai took the towel and gave Zwei a rub on the top of his head. Zwei hummed happily. Arms spread on the ground, Yang took a breath before speaking.

Yang: Meaning?

Tai toweled off his sweat as he spoke.

Tai: I saw your tournament fights. During the Vytal Festival.

Yang: Let me guess. "I was sloppy."

Tai: No, no, you were predictable. And... stubborn. And... maybe a little boneheaded.

Yang sat up and spun to stare at her father.

Tai: Do you realize that you used your Semblance to win every fight after the qualifiers?

Yang then spun to have her back facing him.

Yang: So what? How is me using my Semblance any different than someone else using theirs?

Tossing the towel on the ground, Tai moved toward Yang.

Tai: Because not everyone else's is basically a temper tantrum. I'm serious! Once you take damage, you can dish it back twice as hard, but that doesn't make you invincible! It's great when you're in a bind, but what happens if you miss? What happens if they're stronger? What then? Now you're just weak and tired! You've always been one to burn brighter than everyone else, whether it was with your smile, or, well, I remember your first haircut.

He playfully tugged the hair on the back of her head. Smiling, Yang bat him away. He chuckled and got up, walking away a few paces with Zwei just behind him.

Tai: But you gotta keep your emotions in check. Keep a level head, and think before you act. Your Semblance is a great fallback, but you can't let yourself rely on it. It won't always save you.

He lowered his head, sadness creeping into his tone.

Tai: Obviously. You definitely have your mom's stubbornness.

Tai faced one of the trees, not looking at Yang. Between the two of them, Zwei moved his head back and forth as each spoke.

Yang: Oh, so now we can talk about her?

Tai: Well, as I have been informed, you're an adult now, remember?

Yang: Well, sorry I remind you of her.

Tai: Don't be. Raven was great in so many ways - her strength, her ambition, her dedication to whatever cause she thought was worth fighting for.

He turned around.

Tai: I'm proud of how much of her I see in you. But, I'm glad I don't see all of her in you.

Yang: Why?

Tai: Your mother was... a complicated woman. Like everybody, she had her faults, but those faults are what tore our team apart. And, it did a real number on our family. You both act like the easiest way to tackle an obstacle is through it. That strength is all that matters in a fight. But if you just take a second look, then maybe you see...

He walked toward her, stepping around Zwei.

Tai: There's a way around as well. Come on - one more before dinner.

Yang took his hand and he helped her up. They circled each other, arms at the ready. Tai made the first move with a left hook, followed immediately by a right cross and a kick. Yang blocked and dodged, continuing to avoid being hit even when Tai flipped in the air.

She cartwheeled, avoiding him and he landed across from her. They faced off again, Tai doing a single punch and kick. Veering to avoid it, Yang rolled a few feet away before turning and rushing at him. They met in the middle, each with their left hand on the other's right elbow, pushing against each other.

Tai: Heh. See? Alright! Now you're using your head instead of your...

Yang kicked his leg out from underneath him but caught him as he fell back. They paused in that pose, grasping hands and smiling together.

In the makeshift practice area of her room, Weiss held Myrtenaster at the ready. She stepped back, twirls, a stream of blue-white light coming from the tip of her sword. On the close of her twirl, Weiss held it aloft before striking the tip to the floor.

A Summoning glyph appeared, the Arma Gigas' sword slowly but surely beginning to emerge. Weiss' eyes were shut as she concentrated, the power of her Summoning causing a small wind to blow the hair around her face. A voice interrupted.

Whitley: Hello, sister.

He was propped up against the frame of her open door. The sword shattered and disappeared, the glyph fading away after.

Weiss: Ugh, leave.

Whitley: How hurtful. And here I am, about to offer you a favor. Father's taking me to town to introduce me to some of his business partners. I'd thought I'd see if you wanted me to pick up anything since you're... well, stuck here.

Weiss: Are you jealous? Is that it?

Whitley: Whatever do you mean?

Weiss: Is that why you hate me? Are you jealous of my abilities? Of Winter's?

Whitely stepped away from the door frame.

Whitley: Hmm... no, not really. Honestly, I find it barbaric. It's beneath people like me. Like Father. What can a single Huntsman possibly do that an army cannot? That's why we have one, even if it is run by a fool.

Weiss: I said, leave.

Whitley: Fine, fine. I've got better things to do. Enjoy your... training, however pointless it is.

At the door, Whitley turned around.

Whitley: What is your plan, anyway? What do you hope to accomplish while trapped in your own bedroom?

A black glyph appeared on the open door, promptly swinging it shut on Whitley's briefly surprised face.

Weiss lowered Myrtenaster with a sigh and resumed her Summoning position. The glyph appeared and this time Weiss looked at the portrait of the Arma Gigas on the wall. She repeated the same twirl and stab. The glyph glowed brightly and spun faster.

The books shook in the bookcase on the wall. One particular tome, decorated with floral relief, fell off the shelf and opened on the floor.

The window bursted outward as the room was consumed in a bright white light. The light abated to reveal Weiss covering her eyes with her arm. The door to her room was pushed open by an urgent Klein.

Klein: Miss Schnee! Are you alright?

The butler's eyes widened and he leaned backwards, looking amazed. Weiss smiled at him and turned to face the Arma Gigas she successfully Summoned.

Weiss: Yes.

The Arma Gigas went down to one knee and bowed at Weiss as she turned her gaze to look out the broken window.

Weiss: Klein, I need a favor.

Klein nodded determinedly.

The landscape was looking dreary as Ruby could be heard breathing heavily.

Ruby: Just hold on, Uncle Qrow.

Ruby and Jaune carried Qrow on a makeshift stretcher. Ren was before them on the path, leading the way while Nora and Edel brought up the rear. Qrow was groaning in pain and was a touch delirious.

Edel: I told you back at camp I could carry him for you.

Ruby: You were stabbed in the leg.

Edel: And I'm fine!

Ruby: No you're not.

Edel groaned.

Edel: Fine. I'll carry him, and if I start dying then you carry him again.

Ruby: Deal.

Edel took over for Ruby as she recovered from the extra weight.

Qrow: Tai. She's not... coming...

He continued to grunt in pain.

Qrow: Tai...

Edel looked over at Ruby, an anger in his eyes, but when she looked back at him, he averted his gaze.

Qrow coughed repeatedly.

Jaune: He's getting worse.

Ruby: How much farther?

Nora: We've gotta be close.

Ren: Without the map, there's no way of knowing. But I feel like we're close to something.

Ren holstered StormFlower.

Ruby: What is it?

Directly ahead was a fork in the road with a signpost. They were coming from the direction of Higanbana. Kuchinashi and Mistral were to the right, where the land was mountainous. To the left was Kuroyuri, its name crossed out. The path that way remained low ground.

Nora: Hey, hey! Mistral! We're on the right path! Oh...

Ruby: Does it say how close?

Ren: No. And it looks like the path takes us up the mountains.

Jaune and Edel set Qrow down.

Jaune: Guys, I don't know if all of us can make that climb.

Ruby looked at Qrow, concerned, with a glance at Edel who was grabbing at his knee, and looking behind him. It was an odd little detail, since the morning he had been constantly looking over his shoulder, as if expecting someone to be following them. Ruby ignored the feeling for now, rushing forward to the signpost.

Ruby: Okay. Well, what about this place?

She pointed to Kuroyuri on the sign.

Ruby: Kuro... Kuroyuri? Can we get help there?

Jaune approached.

Ren: That village was destroyed years ago.

Jaune: But if it takes us around the mountains, it's the best bet we've got.

Ren responded sternly.

Ren: It will take too long.

Ruby: The town would have had a doctor, right? Maybe we could scavenge for medicine!

Jaune: Right!

Ren closed his eyes, lowering his head and shaking it.

Ren: We're not going to find anything! We just have to press on!

There was just a brief moment of silence. Ruby watched him, clutching her hands before her chest.

Jaune: Ren, why are you acting...

Nora cut Jaune off, coming up beside Ren.

Nora: We can split up.

Ruby: Huh?

Nora put her hand on Ren's shoulder.

Nora: Ren and I can cut through the mountains while you, Edel and Ruby take Qrow around through the village.

Jaune: No, we're supposed to stick together! We keep each other safe!

Nora: We don't have time for safe! If we make it to Mistral, we'll bring back help! If we don't, at least we'll have a better view of the land! Up there, we can see if there's somewhere else we can go!

Ren turned and looked at Nora. They exchanged small, affectionate smiles. Still holding his gaze, Nora dropped her hand from his shoulder. All four remained silent, feeling the weight of the choice before them. Qrow coughed, making them all turn in concern and giving the motive to continue.

Jaune looked at Ruby, and glanced at Edel who had his pant leg pulled up, and was doing something with his knee, before turning to Nora and Ren.

Jaune: OK.

Jaune stepped forward and he and Ren hugged each other.

Jaune: Just take care of each other.

Nora smiled at Ren.

Nora: We always have.

On the path to Kuroyuri, Jaune and Ruby went to lift Qrow, when Edel waved her off, stumbling to his feet.

Edel: I got it.

Ruby looked unsure, but let him as he and Jaune lifted the older huntsman. They turned to Nora and Ren, who were on the path through the mountains to Mistral. They nodded and Nora waved. Ren started to turn, looked back one more time, and then ran. Nora followed him.

Ruby: They're gonna be fine, Jaune.

Jaune: You don't know that.

Edel: Negativity brings Grimm, Jaune.

Ruby turned forward, her expression saddening. Moving forward, Edel's step left an imprint on the ground, shortly after overlapped by Jaune's own. Edel looked back to see that their footsteps treaded over another, larger mark.

Edel was about to say something, and then looked back at Qrow before groaning.

Edel: Well... That's unfortunate.

(Your POV)

You turned around quickly to see Renata standing across from you, a smile playing on her face.

Renata: Surprised are you? Did you think only my brother could cheat death? We're tied together, me and him.

You looked at the girl, and you couldn't help but linger on her. She was beautiful, perhaps the most you had ever seen. But it felt... unnatural. She didn't seem human, she looked... odd.

She had the same blonde hair that seemed to flow in waves. Her eyes were blue, seeming to pierce through your soul. She wore a sleeveless white dress with tail capes, a golden amulet as a necklace, bracers and gloves that covered only her thumb, with white stockings and boots.

She stepped closer to you, holding out her hand as a flame popped up in her palm. It seemed to dance in her hand as she smiled at your reaction.

Renata: Yes, it is beautiful.

The flame snuffed out as she reached you, and you realized how oddly beautiful her eyes were. The blue color seemed to revolve around in her eyes, as if they were spinning.

Renata: There's no need to stare, darling.

You looked away, a small bubble of anger starting to emerge.

(Y/N): Sorry.

Renata: Oh, no need for apologies. Everyone had a similar reaction to first seeing one of us. We are quite different.

You let your anger fizzle out as you looked back down at the device in your hand.

Renata: Do you need help?

(Y/N): No.

You pushed back the sleeve on the parka as you wrapped the device on the top of your arm, attaching the straps on the inside of your forearm.

Renata: No, no, no. Let me.

Renata stepped closer, and you could feel the unnatural body heat coming off of her. It almost seemed as if she was radiating the heat.

She took off the device, switching it the other way around, so that it was underneath your forearm rather than on top of it. As soon as it was attached your arm felt weird, almost as if there were thousands of little pokes into your arm.

She then stepped away and nodded for you to try it out.

You weren't sure what to do, but you held your hand out, and a blade shot out of the device, and you looked at it. The color was odd, similar to the same material as the axe.

Then suddenly the blade extended again, this time the dragon head pulling up into something of a hook shape. What was that for?

Renata: It's quite handy for combat and getting around.

(Y/N): Hmm?

Renata: Someone I knew made it to help himself. It helped to give him an edge.

The blade retracted as you looked back at the axe. You felt drawn to it, and you walked towards it, your hand lifting out. You touched the handle when suddenly you were thrown into a strange place.

It was a sunny day, and a lone tree sat on a hill as you heard voices passing through your head.

???: We're just weapons pointed at the enemy so you can claim a victory.

???: I hope you can find peace.

???: And I brought her here to be raised as your sister.

???: I promise I'll do everything I can for him.

???: I'm sorry kid...

???: That's all anybody can do right now. Live. Hold out. Survive. I don't know whether good times are coming back again. But I know that won't matter if we don't survive these times.

???: (Y/N) run!

???: I know that voice. Why if it isn't my little brother, (Y/N)! My goodness!

???: Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.

You were suddenly ripped out of the encounter, rolling back through the snow as you looked at the weapon.

You felt Renata pull you up as you kept your gaze on the weapon.

(Y/N): What was that?

Renata: I'm not sure. Perhaps it may be an extension of the visions you have seen.

(Y/N): Yeah... Wait how do you know about those?

Renata: I know everything that I should.

(Y/N): So what now?

Renata: Now, you choose.

She walked around you, trailing her hand on your shoulders and back as she made her way.

Renata: You can come with me, and find the power you seek, the ability to never have to fear again, so that you can gain the greatest power imaginable...

She paused, as you felt your arm where her hand lay over burn with heat. When you tried to wrench it away you couldn't move as with a gust of wind you were forced to look at her.

Renata: I always get what I want one way or another. If you choose to ignore me, if you choose to fight an impossible war against Salem, then know that your little Ruby Rose will be Salem's first target...

She paused, letting go of your arm and you saw that the skin was bright red, almost as if it was in the process of being burned. Suddenly your head snapped back to meet her dark blue eyes.

(Y/N): Salem's evil...

Renata: And Ozpin is not? He sends children, young adults to fight a war that he has no idea how to win. All they do is die... just like your silver-eyed mother.

You struggled in your invisible restraints as she walked around you as she held her hands closer to you, the flames in them heating up your skin.

Renata: Choose carefully...

Time to choose. Time to become a big player in the game. What will happen with the powers of the Anomaly?

1. Go with Renata.

2. Resist.

Let's see what happens...

Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.2K 1K 43
Shadows seem to have no heart, no feelings, no emotion. Yet Shadow Joker Strife is different, his heart had been changed, after seeing his family kil...
99 0 8
Welcome to Remnant. A world ravaged by evil and monsters with the soul purpose to kill anyone or anything, but not all hope is lost, as a new generat...
125K 1.5K 10
Team rwby gets a mission from their mother Salem and their fathers to infiltrate Beacon academy to possibly find some new recruits and take down a du...
381 22 5
The World of Remnant is filled to the brim with the creatures of Grimm as well as other hidden forces bent on destruction, and the only ones willing...