Double Trouble

By gotthatbrainrot

((Young Justice//Maximoff Twin cross over)) Twin meta teens Pietro and Wanda Maximoff have no one in the worl... More

0.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
25.
26.
27.
28.

24.

1.2K 55 6
By gotthatbrainrot

Ooh, the story is reaching the Big Drama that I have been waiting for!!! Not in this part, but we are definitely building towards it. Mwahahaha. 

Mount Justice

December 12, 12:09 EDT

It had been nearly a week since the team had apprehended Scarlet Witch and they had yet to make any progress with her interrogation.  She had not said a single word and had barely eaten or drank anything, only enough to survive.

Pietro was worried for his sister, she wasn't talking to him through the mind link they had and she didn't even acknowledge his presence. Not that he could spend much time with her without the rest of the team present, not without raising suspicion, but he did sneak out at night to sit by her cell and chat with her. Well, more like to her, since she never replied over the link. Wanda would just stare at him, a blank expression on her face, the glow from the light on her inhibitor collar softly illuminating her face.

He was afraid he had lost her forever.

Pietro was dwelling on these thoughts as he ate lunch with the rest of the team in the mountain lounge. They were sitting around eating the food M'gann cooked up, chatting with each other when an alarm started blaring throughout the mountain.

"What the heck is that?" Conner asked, covering his ears.

Robin leapt to his feet, running towards the cells. "It means our guest is tampering with her jewelry. Come on!"

Pietro felt his heart plummet as he sped ahead of the group, bursting into the holding area to find his twin sister staring blankly at the door way, her inhibitor collar in her hand with a slight glow to her eyes. "Oh, hello 'tro. Do you mind calling the Batman for me? I would like to chat now."

Pietro gaped at his sister as the rest of the team came into the room, all having the same reaction. "S-she can use her powers again."

Wanda tilted her head to the side. "What do you mean, again? I have always been able to use my powers, I simply chose not to. Now, will someone please call the Batman for me? I have words for him."

Sestra...?

...

Answer, please. I need to know what changed.

...P-pietro?

Wanda! You're still in there!

...yes...I-I think so...at least, kind of. I-I don't understand what is happening...

Don't worry, Wands, we will get to the bottom of this, together.

Together?

Of course.

Pietro gave Wanda a small smile and nearly did a double backflip out of pure joy when her mouth twitched upwards, the most expression she had shown since the team fought with her in New Orleans. 

It barely registered to him when he heard Robin on the com asking Batman come to the cave until a few moments later, when the Dark Knight himself came into the holding area. "Scarlet Witch, I hear you wish to speak with me."

"You heard correctly, Batman." 

"Very well." Batman eyed the inhibitor collar in her hands and sighed almost inaudibly. "Let us move somewhere more...suited for this, yes?"

Wanda just nodded in response as Batman opened her cell, ignoring the incredulous looks of the team as he led her to the room that Canary used for the teams' therapy sessions, said team fanning out along the edge of the room as Wanda sat down across from Batman in the armchairs. She stared blankly at him, waiting for him to ask her a question. Batman stared back, neither saying a word, silence hanging over the room like a weighted blanket.

Until Wally couldn't take it anymore. 

"Oh, for cripes sake, one of you ask a question!" He snapped. 

Wanda tilted her head to the side slightly, eyes glued to Batman. "You have a lot of questions you wish to ask me, however, asking me with the current audience would reveal your hand, your game plan, your secrets. And you cannot have that."

Batman grunted. "You are good. I didn't even feel you in my mind."

"I did not read your mind. I read your face." Wanda replied easily. "Now, shall we lay all our cards on the table, Batman?"

Batman stared at her for a moment. "Very well. I'll go first." Batman cleared his throat and Pietro felt his stomach drop. Wanda had no idea he had revealed himself to Batman, this could end very badly. "We know who you are, Wanda Frank. We know you are an orphan from the war in Sokovia, we know you killed your parents accidentally when you discovered your meta human abilities. We know you are working for the Injustice League because you want protection from the Sokovian authorities, who are looking for you to give you the death penalty. We know you have no known relations. We know we can protect you from the Injustice League and the Sokovian authorities, if you'll allow us."

"Is that all?" Wanda asked, looking around the room. Batman nodded. "Alright. Well, I know your identities. I know you have a mole in your midst, whether you wish to admit it to yourselves or not. I know the inner workings of your team, I know you have a satellite you call the Watchtower that is your true headquarters. I know you do not know who truly battle. I know - argh!"

Wanda stopped talking and grabbed her head, a pained expression crossing her face. Pietro had to stop himself from rushing to her side as his sister clutched her head and grunted.

Wands, what's happening?

...

Wanda, answer me, please! You are scaring me!

...

Wanda!

Pietro was about to blow his cover and run to his sister when Robin beat him to it, crouching next to the teen girl. "Wanda? Wanda, its me, Robin. What's happening?"

Wanda slowly peeled her eyes open and looked at Robin, tears lining her bottom lid. "Wonder Boy?"

Robin smiled, speaking softly to her. "Yeah, its me." She groaned, collapsing forward into Robin's arms. He caught her as the team took a step closer, shaking his head at them. Wanda mumbled something into Robin's chest. "What was that, Wanda?"

She gasped suddenly, pulling back to latch onto Robin's arms tightly, her face painted with a look of pure panic. "Robin, you have to help me! Th-they're going to kill us!"

"The Injustice League is going to kill you? Why?" Robin asked.

"No, the Injustice League were just puppets for the Light. The Light is your true enemy, they have orchestrated many of the world's most devastating disasters and wars, including the one in Sokovia. I-I can't work for them anymore, my protection isn't worth it, I'd rather be dead then do the horrible things they are planning for me."

Sestra!

Wanda glanced at Pietro. "It is true, I'd rather die than continue to work for the Light. And they will see to my death, probably at the hands of Sportsmaster, ever since I wiped his mind that one time."

"You what!?" Artemis croaked.

"It was only of certain information, not everything." Wanda winced. "The plans the Light has, it is horrible. They have no qualms about killing children, especially ones that betray them."

"Wanda, who is a part of the Light?" Batman asked.

"You're not seriously buying this, are you?" Conner snapped. "She is playing us!"

"I don't believe that. Listen to how her speech has changed. Before, when she was chatting with Batman, she did not use contractions and was very...monotone. Now, however, she is more informal and panicked. I do not believe she is making this up. What would she hope to gain from it?" Kaldur asked, looking at Wanda.

Batman turned back to Wanda. "Who is part of the Light?"

Wanda bit her lip, looking to Robin. He nodded. "Ra's al Ghul.  Queen Bee.  Lex Luthor. The Brain. Klarion. Ocean Master. Vandal Savage."

"She's lying." Red Arrow spat. When all eyes turned to him, he elaborated. "Ra's ordered a hit on Lex, why would they be working together, hm?"

"They wanted the Rhelasias to be united under LexCorp, so if Lex stopped an 'attempt' on the summit then that was a surefire way to ensure that." Wanda countered.

"I don't buy it." Red Arrow snarled.

"That's because - ah!" Wanda gasped, her eyes going scarlet for a moment. She retracted her hands off of Robin and sat back down in her seat, looking to Batman with her blank expression. "I know that you do not fully trust your team, Batman, and constantly have surveillance on them, watching their every move. I know the position of every camera within this mountain, located in Happy Harbor, Rhode Island."

The team and Batman stared at Wanda for a moment, unsure of what just happened. Batman took the lead. "Wanda, who else is in your head with you?"

Wanda blinked once, a muscle under her right eye twitching. "Whatever do you mean, Batman?"

"You are not acting like yourself, like the Scarlet Witch we have encountered on missions and out in the field. So, I deduced that someone else is in your mind, controlling you and your actions. Who is it?" Batman gave the team a look that meant to stay quiet about her earlier confessions.

Wanda's eyes flashed scarlet and she grunted, shaking her head. "Batman, please. I-I can't stay in control for long. I know you know. Please, help my - my mole. Protect them in my absence. Promise me you will do this."

Wanda, you are acting like you aren't going to be around for long. 'Absence'? What's that about?

Pietro, brat drahý, I love you more than I can ever express. I am sorry for getting us involved in all of this Light business. It is my second biggest regret.  I will never forgive myself.

Wanda - I love you, too, sestra.

I hope one day soon you can be honest with Zatanna. She truly cares for you. I can tell.

Wands -

"You have my word, Wanda." Batman replied.

Wanda gave Batman a watery smile, tears slipping out of her eyes. She turned to Robin. "Thank you, for all of your help and for being my only friend." She leaned down and kissed his cheek, whispering something in his ear before pulling back. Looking over the team, her eyes started to glow scarlet and the pained expression came back to her face. "I am sorry I could not give you more information. I will tell you one more thing. The Light will strike before the year's end, with or without me. I have no control over my participation."

"Thank you for the information, Wanda." Pietro blinked back his tears, feeling as if this was goodbye.

"You are welcome, Pietro." Wanda smiled at him, right before her eyes turned completely scarlet. She blinked, shaking her head out. "That was quite annoying." Glancing at her surroundings, she let out a sound of disgust. "Still have not escaped? So much for being so powerful."

Wanda snapped her fingers and disappeared in a haze of red, leaving behind the team and Batman, her twin brother staring at the place his sister sat, confusion and heartbreak rushing through him.

His sister was suffering and would continue to suffer, unless he did something about it. And he knew exactly where to start.

Opening his mouth to speak, Pietro stopped when Robin glared sternly at him, mouthing at him to stay silent.

Pietro gulped. Robin knew. Wanda must've told him, meaning both the bats knew.

Which begs the question...what now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 72.3K 40
SPENCER REBECCA BANNER WASN'T LOOKING FOR ANOTHER ANNOYANCE IN HER LIFE. BUT APPARENTLY PIETRO MAXIMOFF HAD ALREADY VOLUNTEERED. disclaimer : these...
1.2M 41.9K 138
Y/n is a multimillionaire. Wanda Maximoff is a divorced mum of two twin boys who is trying her best. What happens when their paths cross at a club an...
46.3K 1K 25
((Young Justice//Maximoff twins cross over)) Superboy wasn't the only project Cadmus was working on... What happens when you add in the Maximoff twin...
22.3K 516 19
The second book of the young justice series