Abandoned Princess [Old versi...

By KissesOcean

"Princess. The title was never meant for me." The story starts with "Once upon a time" and ends up with "She... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 Part 1
Chapter 40 Part 2
Author's Note
Character Introduction 1
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Author's Note
Character Introduction 2
Characters
Arc 3 - Introduction
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Abandoned..Not

Chapter 98

10.4K 527 75
By KissesOcean

Happy New Year! ✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧

˚ ✧₊ ⁎ ⁎⁺ ˳✧༚ ˚✧ ₊ ⁎⁎ ⁺˳✧ ༚˚ ✧₊ ⁎ ⁎⁺˳ ✧༚

"Instead of crippling you until you're crawling while you beg for mercy, I'll give you a choice," Elaine greeted Guss the moment he opened his eye. She hovered above him, a dagger pointing down over his left eye. "Lead us outside, I assume you know a way without getting caught. Or you can let us hear your scream in agony. Which is it, Sir Guss."

They were hiding in a room that is for customers to do the thing after winning the bird they had particularly bid on.

"I'll... I'll l-lead you the way, just please don't hurt me." Guss closed his eyes tightly trying to squirm away from the sharp weapon.

"Good choice, little man. But don't think we'll let you escape. After all, you still have to pay us, we'll talk later about how much crowns you owe us. For now, our priority is not getting caught by his majesty." Elaine pulled away the dagger and stood giving it back to Bwi.

"H-his ma-ma-majesty!?"

"Yes, his majesty, the ruler of this kingdom. King Edmund Dishti Arias. I guess he found out your illegal works; kidnapping, bribery, blackmail, human trafficking, coercion." She opened the door. "Shall we?"

The passageway was narrow, they're almost sandwiched between two walls making it difficult for Guss to move faster since he has to walk sideways.

The thirty minutes in that cramped place wasn't the worst thing that had happened to them, not even when Guss had to release a wrenching gas because he's too nervous. Or when they had gotten out and drenched in the heavy rain as they find out that the stables were empty. Her patience was wearing thin and she might commit a murder in the middle of the fucking stormy night.

Should she go and look for Edmund with some kind of dumb excuse like they got lost or some shit? Telling the truth means the fault will fall to Bwi and Irene, they failed to protect the princess and endangering her. Who knows what will happen if he found out that his daughter had become a courtesan. He might even jump to conclusions and becoming irrational especially with Lucas by his side, that guy will just put gasoline on the fire. And Aiden— let's not think about him...

"I know a place! We can take shelter there..." Guss quickly spoke before Elaine could suggest digging a grave. "Don't worry, no one lives at the mansion for years. We'll just have to go on a different route if we want to avoid being seen on the road.

"Lead the way," she grumbled against the rain.

Guss nodded vehemently.

They trekked through the dark forest with hands held to each other in order not to get lost but also caused them to trip quite a few times. She glanced worriedly at Irene. The priestess had been quiet for the rest of their hike and Elaine couldn't find the right time to talk to Irene. Did something happen?

"Hey! How long do we have to walk? If you're planning—"

"I wouldn't dare. The people who I affiliated with, who also owns the Cage, left me. Actually, I'm just their slave, doing what they want and need," he said aloud with a voice that can be distinguished as bitterness. "I think it took me ten minutes but... I was in a carriage."

"..."

Grant me patience, Cianna, and give it to me now! The serenity to accept the hardships that life slapped on my face.

An hour? It's probably past midnight, Elaine wasn't sure but she stops caring anymore. She was nothing more but tired and ready to sleep where she's standing while she shivers in cold. The dress hugged her body exposing every curve of her body.

Lights were illumuniating faintly at some of the windows on the said abandoned mansion where Guss had led them.

"I swear there's no one's living here. The rumors must be true... the mansion is hunted," Guss mumbled with shuttering teeth. He hugged his trembling body.

Elaine frowned. At this very moment, she's unconcerned of ghost, all she could think of was the warm comfort of a bed. If she'll have to sleep beside those shadowy figures with distorted faces just to get some good sleep then so be it.

With priority in place she pushed Guss. "Go tell the entities that we're intruding their humble abode." She then dropped her voice when he was about to object. "Or do you want to be one of them? Dead."

Pulling Irene with her she stepped closer to Bwi seeking warmth as they walk closer to the door. She looked questioningly when the boy tenses, the latter avoided looking at her when she asked if he's alright.

Behind the door were either poltergeists or actual living beings.

"Huh. It's not locked," Guss spoke when he turned the handle without even knocking. Well, it didn't matter, the man was already pushing the door open ever so slowly. "Hello? Is anyone he—eurk!"

To Elaine's surprise Irene, the priestess who's full of kindness and compassion kicked Guss. The man rolled inside ungracefully.

"Who—" Someone uttered with a feminine voice. That doesn't sound like a ghost. "You!! You're the one who made me sign the contract!"

Elaine took a look inside feeling really exhausted. They all were. Her head felt heavy and eyelids barely open. Guss was laying on the floor who didn't bother looking at the person who's still screaming at him, now with threats.

Seeing him fluttered his eyes to shut as his mudded face turns to somewhat relax in his current state made Elaine jealous.

She wanted to rest the aching body and sleep the exhausted mind.

"Ah, excuse me," she spoke a bit sluggishly taking the girl's attention from Guss as she let herself in creating a puddle on the floor, a dirty puddle from the mud. "Can you kill him tomorrow? We're not looking for trouble or anything. We just want to take shelter against the storm, is all. So please, leave us alone for the time being." She was desperate and will do anything for a roof over their head, a fire to warm them, and a bed to rest their poor soul.

Looking around Elaine could say that the girl wasn't a resident of the place and was just like them. Seeking shelter for the night.

"Who even are you? Why don't you go look for another place to play and please the men like a whore that you are."

Elaine stared with heavy eyes for a moment, having a hard time processing what she heard. "...Oh. It's a no, then?"

"Take your boss with you and get lost while I'm being nice."

She nodded lethargically and turned to Bwi who was now supporting the already asleep priestess. "Bwi can I borrow your dagger?"

"Wha-what are you trying to do?" The girl stepped back in alarm.

Using his free hand Bwi took out his weapon and hand it over to Elaine without much complaint. Her poor servant looked about to pass out as well.

"You see, what I said is not negotiable. It's either you welcome us with open arms or you die."

Is she really going to kill someone? No, of course not. But with her burnt-out mind, she might not think straight and go for the kill and confront the problem after she have her rest. You know, no one will know what she did, only them and whoever the girl's companions, if she have. What stays in this haunted-looking mansion stays in this haunted-looking mansion.

Ah, she's no longer in the right mind.

She didn't intend to but she spaced out oblivious that the girl had screamed for help.

Her eyes dropped staring blankly at the dagger cold on her hand. Cold, she was too. What was she going to do with the dagger? ...Right. She's going to put someone to rest. Rest. Oh, she really wants that.

"—you listening!? Hey!"

Elaine looked up blinking, becoming aware of her surrounding once again.

"I said, what are you standing there for? Get out if you don't want to die," the girl said with renewed confidence.

"No one's going to die, Lady Camellia," a new voice spoke.

Turning to where the voice came from, a dark-haired young man appeared from the corridor. The new arrival faltered his step the moment he saw Elaine. Vermilion eyes raked her head to toe. Her brain couldn't comprehend on how he looked at her if it was wantonly or just an observation.

Should she feel shy or embarrass? If so, her fatigue had overwhelmed them.

"I'll handle this, go and take a rest, Lady Camellia. Have a good night," Panther said leaving no arguments for the girl who couldn't do anything but glared at Elaine before disappearing.

"You're the panther guy."

If the bet was real she should have won. Knew it this guy was good-looking. But Elaine didn't expect how very appealing his face was. Like he's the type of guy who would slap someone and still receive a thank you.

He raised an eyebrow. "And you're the self-proclaimed raven."

... Then something clicked on her mind. The realization hit her with full force that she spoke what her mind was telling her. "Run."

"Run?"

"What? No... What I meant to say, leaving. Me and my, uhh, companions will be leaving. Away from him– I mean here. Away from here, that's what the lady wants us to be. Not that I'm not running from someone." She clamped her mouth shut pursing her lips together.

This was bad. Even if she wants to get out here she can't leave Bwi and the others who're all passed out on the floor. Should she join them and hope for the best?

"Aeduan, what's Camellia fuzzing about?"

"Holy fucking shit," she breathed out seeing a familiar mop of blonde appeared behind Panther, no, Aeduan.

"Don't igno—"

Elaine swallowed, exhaustion had forgotten. "I– I got... lost." Was what she greet to her brother looking verbally constipated, forcing every syllables out with obvious struggle.

She watched how Aiden's face contorted to different expressions: surprised to confusion to an angry frown.

He didn't speak, only unbuttoning his dress shirt and took it off swiftly showing his lean body.

She furrowed her brows a little as she unashamedly stares at him.

Since when did her brother gotten more mature with his toned physique, wide shoulders, and those slim waist? She could practically see the strength and raw power lying beneath his toned muscles. Staring at him made her miss her cute brother who cried when they first met.

How old was Aiden now? 18...? God damnit.

"Shouldn't I be crying after seeing you like this?" Said Aiden worriedly as he covers her cold wet body with his article and pulling her into a tight embrace.

She may or may not have cried more after hearing his deep voice. "I miss Aiden." Her hormones were acting up again making her emotional. Having period sucks.

"What do you mean? I'm already here." He chuckled but quickly stopped. "Who's this Aiden you speak of...? Is... Is he y-y-y-your lover!? I swear if—ugh! Why'd you punch me?" Rubbing his stomach Aiden, the overgrown child that he is now, pouted.

"The Aiden I'm pertaining is you. There's no other Aiden I know of. Now, help me get them up," she said, annoyed. Stupid brother.

"I didn't know you're in a relationship, Aiden," Panther–Aeduan who was momentarily forgotten spoke.

Elaine screwed up her face. "I'm his sister, dumbass."

"...What?"

"Aeduan you haven't met my sister, right? The first princess, Elaine Gwyneth Arias. Elaine meet Duke Aeduan Darcel Leif." Aiden grinned, toothily like he wasn't the reason why they haven't met.

"What?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

970 40 29
Once upon a time a baby was born. However, she was much feared by her elders, so they locked her away when she was only a babe. Years passed, and her...
8 0 17
Once upon a time in a little town long forgotten there lived twin girls different in every way except appearance. They had two loving parents, a slig...
93.5K 2K 14
How I die? Blame Truck-kun for that. I got reincarnated by the god of the world I'm going to, which happened to be an Otome Game.
162 8 12
A girl who comes from the different era, with different race; somehow transmigrated to the world she had never expected to experience.