like i need u (L.DH)

By _sphynix_

"you don't need me like i need you. pray that i won't be alone." HAECHAN fanfic COLLEGE au started: 11.15.202... More

like i need u
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
🌱

14

612 27 11
By _sphynix_

"Are you sure they kissed?" Yonghee asked Yeona. The two were currently on the phone because they were both headed to different classes the next morning. Yeona knew the only person she could tell about this was Yonghee, but she was busy the night before. 

"I'm pretty sure I know what a kiss is idiot," Yeona shot back quite frustrated. "Look, I gotta go now. I'm in front of class."

"Ok, remember what I said."

"Yeah, yeah, go sit next to Hangyeol and Jihoon so I don't have to talk with Hyuck or Mina. But remember, I'll see you late after school cause I'ma meet with someone and then come see you."

"ok, bye Yeona! Be happy today!"

"I'll try," Yeona explained and hung up the phone. 

The girl glanced around the room quickly, trying to avoid Hyuck and Mina at all costs. Luckily, Hangyeol and Jihoon were sitting together in the far right corner and Hyuck or Mina was no where to be seen. Yeona practically ran up the steps to avoid conversation with anyone and reached the to boys quickly. 

"Oh, hi Yeona!" Hangyeol greeted, surprised she came to sit with them first.

"Hi guys," she greeted and put her head down; 

Yeona had rushed back home the night before and thought of so many different ways that that situation could have gone down. She could have slowed her steps, walked a little slower, never offered to bring the jacket. Yeona thought the two generally had a connection and wanted to see if they would go on another date. Seeing Hyuck kissing Mina that night made her regret so many decisions. But it also helped her think of a few. 

"Hi everyone," Mina greeted, cautiously approaching the trio. Both boys greeted the girl and Yeona made a small smile at the girl.

From the door, many loud voices could be heard approaching. 

"Go in there, and get her back you idiot!" Renjun yelled. He was pracically scolding Hyuck by the looks of it. 

"I worked so hard for this to happen and you do this?!" Mark added. 

"Not gonna lie, wrong move," Jaemin even admitted. 

"For the last time, she kissed me!" Hyuck shouted back, quite fed up that they kept accusing him for what happened the night before. Hyuck had called them over instantly and they all ended up spending the night together at Hyuck's bickering. 

"Maybe you guys should keep your voices down," Chenle explained and pointed to the two girls with Hangyeol and Jihoon in the corner staring at the group. The seven boys then realized that they were in class and almost everyone was now either staring at the boys or Yeona and Mina. 

"Well then I'll make this quick," Ms. Byun announced. "Today is another work day. This project is very self-led, so we won't have many instructions. If you have questions, you can ask myself or Mr. Choi."

It took a few seconds for the class to calm down and stop whispering about the argument they overheard. The boys all split into their respective groups after giving Hyuck a little shove in the shoulder. Hyuck took a deep and breath, trying to calm himself down, and made his way up to his group. 

"Hey Donghyuck?" Jihoon greeted in a puzzled manner. 

"Can we please just get to the project. Um, did you guys get the doc I sent last night?"

"Yeah, yeah, we both got it. Yeona?" Hangyeol questioned. 

Yeona didn't trust her voice in that second and just choice to nod her head. 

"Ok.....cool."

It didn't take geniuses for Hangyeol and Jihoon to figure out something happened between the three. 

"You guys all good?" Hangyeol questioned. 

All three came up with some sort of excuse or answer to get on with the day. 

"Well then," Jihoon announced. "Let's get started."

The entire class period was Hangyeol and Jihoon making decisions, yeona adding on, while Mina and Hyuck would sneak glances at each other and Yeona. Yeona spent the entire class period ignoring the two. She could feel their eyes on her every once in a while, but shrugged it off. 

"You think you can sketch something like that?" Jihoon asked Hangyeol. Jihoon was able to pull a lot of different pictures into a design for their work. It wasn't finished, but already was very complex.  

"I think so," the boy replied. "Yeona, you okay with painting something like that?"

"Oh, yeah, that's fine," she answered quietly. 

"We-" Mina started before she was interrupted. 

"Ok class, today's work time is over! Tomorrow will be a quick check up and work day. We just wanna see where you're at and where you will be. Have a lovely day!" Mr. Choi shouted and dismissed the class. 

Yeona quickly grabbed her things off the table and sped out the class. She had tried to squeeze through people in the crowd, so she could get out of the school and away from Hyuck. To her luck, he was hot on her tail. 

"Yeona will you just listen to me?!" He reasoned. "I can explained."

She really just wanted to ignore him in that moment and keep walking, but he grabbed her wrist and spun her around right before she busted through the doors. 

"Why won't you let me explain Yeona?"

"Please let me."

"Yeona, I swear, she kissed me! I didn't know she was gon-"

"Donghyuck!" Yeona shouted, letting her emotions take over for a second. "Let me go."

Hyuck's face instantly sunk at the sound of his name. He hated to way she called him Donghyuck. He looked so discouraged, but all the none, let her go. 

Yeona looked at Hyuck sadly before shoving her way through the door and leaving campus. 

<><><><><><><><><>

Yeona hadn't returned to school after her free period. She went back to her apartment at sat in her bed for hours. Her phone had about 30 missed calls from Hyuck and Yonghee together. 

An idea had popped into her mind a long time ago and she couldn't decide whether it was good or bad. Her mind wanted to tell her one thing, while her heart wanted another. 

On one hand, Yeona wanted to call Donghyuck and give him time to explain what happened. She wanted to hear his side of the story and not just assume everything that happened. On the other hand, Yeona wanted to think that he had played her like everyone else. This wasn't the first time any of this had happened before, so she wasn't new to this kind of pain. She wanted to believe that this was just a prank. He didn't spend all that time with her. He didn't go on a date with her for a certain reason either.  

She glanced down at her phone to see a new name. This time, Renjun was calling her. She was sick of hearing the little buzzing and hung up of the boy quickly. 

So many people wanted to talk with her, but she only wanted to speak with two. It was Hyuck she knew she needed to call, but Dohyun was who she wanted to call. So, the girl picked up her phone and dialed Dohyun's number.

"Yeona? What's up?" Dohyun answered puzzled. 

"We need to talk," the girl replied. "About Monday."

"Oh, ok. What did you wanna talk about?" It was clear in Dohyun's voice that he knew what she wanted to talk about, but was hoping it was something different. 

"Well, Dohyun," the girl started. "I, uh, remember what you said to me. About how you said you liked me."

Silence came over the two as soon as the words left the girl's mouth. Neither knew what to say to it or whether or not they should even say something. 

"To be honest, I was hoping you wouldn't remember what I said to you," Dohyun admitted. 

"Well, I thought you should know that I, uh, remember."

"So, is that why you called me?" 

"Well, I also wanted to ask you something."

"Oh, well what is it?" the boy asked. 

At the end of the day, Yeona knew she would regret what she was about to do, but if Hyuck could do it, she could too. 

"Do you wanna go out with me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 93 9
"only in our dreams can we really be together." - idol au ; text fic mark lee - started: mar. 6, 2023 published : dec. 14, 2023 finished : -
560K 18.4K 70
↠ MAFIA / GANG AU ↠ " DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO KEEP YOUR EYES TO YOURSELF? " BOOK 1 (NeoC-T series) gang series Trigger Warning ⚠️ ↠mentions of abuse...
24.7K 654 23
in which she finally feels bold enough. instagram!au COMPLETE
786 29 26
"you thought you could win against me huh?" "we will see" "can you watch you are going" "I am! it's you that weren't watching where you are heading" ...