ᴅᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ

By sawvvy

❝She was like a perfect paradise, tearing at its seam.❞ To everyone, Chimdi Gentry lived the perfect life wit... More

Preface
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Interlude
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
Interlude
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
Interlude
53
54
55
Interlude
Epilogue
Sufface

44

684 257 192
By sawvvy

You're goin' straight
to my head and,
I'm headin' straight
for the edge...

{ How did you find my story?}
~ Recommendation?
~ Reading list?
~By Chance?
~Book club?

__

"Miss me?" She whispered, lips of petal softness, only a hair's breadth away from trailing down his jawline.

He felt the overwhelming rush of awareness, heard the sharp intake of his breath when she leaned in. Her dreamy scent of honey and citrus making him dizzy with want and desire.

"What do you think?" His voice came out more in a whisper, than a challenge.

"I think you should choose your words wisely Kodiri." He watched a smirk, make its way to her soft lips -- her eyes twinkling with enough mischief.

Overwhelmed with the need to get her close to him--to feel the willow slimness of her warm body, he drew her down so that she was straddling him, his eyes locking hers in a time stilling gaze. The sunlight bounced around the room, showering its rays on the girl sitting and smirking comfortably on his laps.

Her ancient eyes, speaking volumes -- daring him to stake his claim. "I think words are unnecessary sunshine," he whispered back, cradling her blemish free face in his hands, he leaned in. It was her turn to inhale.

"Tell me," her hips took to grinding slowly against him. He sucked in a sharp breath, watched the victorious smile taking its rightful position where it belonged. "What's better than words?"

She leaned in, breath tickling his face as he gulped loudly. Watching the glow of her skin so aeriform, just like a dream -- making him dizzy with want. Her touch, igniting a fire so fierce in him.

"Show me." She goaded, watching his eyes cloud with need and want. Her lips brushed his like a warm caress. "This?"

He leaned in, getting ready to bask in the glory that was her lips -- to drown into the soft caress of her touch...

Till he felt nothing.

Like the harsh plot of an illusion, he found himself getting drawn back to the wake of reality -- without her.

What the fuck!

He looked around him, he was alone in bed, wet beads dewing his skin. His eyes landed on his nature, standing tall and totally pissed. Strings of curses flew out his lips.

The sunlight streaming in, told him that it was broad daylight.

And I'm having a such dream? I think I need a diagnosis.

He groaned, reality hitting him hard in the face. He palmed his face, inhaling and exhaling at intervals to even his harsh breathing.

He couldn't get her out of his mind -- the scent of her, bringing with it everything soothing and therapeutic. Her eyes that held so much depth, urging him to take a closer look and come drown in them to unravel the enigma that she was -- they were still evergreen in his memory.

She'd not only claimed a whole space in his heart, but had taken to his dreams too. It had been three nights since he last spoke to her -- since he last heard her voice and he wanted nothing more than to hear her voice, listen to her talk about coming home.

He rolled off the bed, still clad in his briefs. The unfamiliar walls of black and grey, a good reminder that, he really was alone. The room was dead silent, the only sound he heard was the beating of his heart, like a staccato applause.

He'd never heard silence scream that loud, never felt loneliness crowd him, even with loads of commotion happening downstairs as they prepared to welcome her.

He felt his lips stretch into a smile, she was returning today and he'd be a bloody liar if he wasn't crippled with anticipation. He'd finally get to see her -- and maybe, have her right in his arms like those damn disturbing dreams, filled with unholy thoughts and actions.

Too far TJ, slow the fuck down.

He let out an animalistic groan, craving to immense himself in a cold bath to rid him of the myriad of thoughts going through his head. Standing up, he made his way to the terrace, the dust-bearing wind taking with it his uncomfortable body fluid.

Soon, the burning smell of beef and flour, attacked him through his nostrils, causing him to choke back a noisy expulsion of air.

I swear, Nene is surely going to burn this house to ashes soon.

He groaned. Not able to hold back the urge to rid his throat of the toxic air, he began coughing seriously. The polluted air making breathing a hard task. Quickly, he slipped on his flip-flops, grabbed his swim suit and scrammed the hell out of the room.

Loud voices greeted him as his feet padded down the spiralling staircase. It was so hard to believe all his friends were present at Jiki's condo.

The high structured building which reflected it's owner; with it's bland walls overlooking the beach and it's silent as hell neighborhood. At first, he'd wondered what had brought a teenager to the eerily calm environment, best known for it's sole purpose of serving as recommended retirement home and a haven for peaceful gateway, until he got to live in, for a few days. With the company of twitting birds and sound of clashing sea waves. Away from the rest of the world and just live in the moment.

"Solitude is gold Kodiri," the fairer boy had told him. "It's your sanity over the whole world."

The only disruption, coming from his friends who'd never make room for silence whenever they were present. If they aren't bickering around, they were busy busy tongue-lashing a particular being.

"Where are you off to?" A voice halted him on his track.

He looked up to see Abike, wrapped in a flowery playsuit and an equally bright, oversized bonnet, holding her locs captive.

Aww c'mon! You should really come with a warning label!

"Hey Aby?" He still found it hard to have a smooth conversation with her, after the little stunt she'd pulled back at school.

He'd made it his mission to avoid her, especially now that things with Chimdi were a work in progress.

The fatter girl, not-so-subtly gave him a once over and TJ felt completely exposed. Scolding himself for not pulling on a shirt or vest.

He cleared his throat, wishing that the awkward air would disappear too. "I'm going to the pool."

The information had her perking up. "I was also thinking of going to the pool." She smiled, getting ready to head to the room she'd been assigned. "Give me few minutes to change into something comfortable and we'll go down together."

The boy exhaled out in frustration, thinking of a way to throw in the right excuse to rid himself of her company. He already felt bad for the way he addressed the issue back at the school's sickbay -- the hurt look that clouded her face still made him feel guilty.

"Please..." She pleaded, her face nothing but innocent. "The girls aren't even talking to me and Elo is busy at the backyard. You're the only one who doesn't find my company annoying."

You think?

But he kept that part to himself.

"Fine." He caved in. "Just go dress quickly, I'll be waiting over here."

What in the hell are you doing?

I'm trying to be nice. Durh!

"Great!" She clapped, excitement filling her up. "I won't take much of your time. Promise."

Quickly she gave him a hug.

He coughed, taking a step back. "Take your time. I'm still around."

"Where are you guys going?" Elo interrupted.

"To the pool." Abike replied, before taking in his outfit. He had on a cashmere sweater and black sweat pant.

"Are you a cockroach or what? You look like you've got some deadly lung disease or something, can't you find anything better that sweats to wear under this hot weather?"

The shorter boy rolled his eyes. "Shey it's my body we're talking about here. By the way, you can't go swim right now."

She scowled. "Why the hell not. I've done my part, what else am I to do?"

"There are no pancakes left in the kitchen." Elo replied casually.

"I'm sure I made enough to go round twice or thrice . What's all these?" She asked clearly frustrated that he was hindering her from spending time with TJ.

"Go check yourself." Elo shrugged, perching on a part of the curved railing and clearly, enjoying his twin's frustration. "I think Nene ate up everything. There's none left there."

The slender girl growled, eyes reflecting vexation and the urge to throttle someone's child. "That bitch!" She gritted out. "She can't even boil water to save her life and she's munching off on my hard work!"

She stormed downstairs, heading straight to the kitchen, leaving the boys to mirror very amused expression.

TJ narrowed his eyes at Elo, who obviously gloried in making his twin furious. "What have you done now?"

The shorter boy shrugged. "Just saved your ass. What do you think?" He pulled a slice of hot pancake, out of his pocket.

"Ewww, what the fuck is that?" TJ asked when Elo shoved the whole wrap into his mouth.

"Pancakes durh!" He pulled out another one.

The taller boy shook his head. "I thought Nene ate it all?"

"Obviously, I'm the one eating it right now." Elo continued to shove the second one into his mouth.

TJ watched him struggle with it's hotness, before cracking out in fits. "You my friend, are work. You've just start world war three without knowing."

And as if on cue, they had a loud bang, followed by the rush of feet.

The duo froze, waiting for the worst to happen.

"Where's she?" They heard Abike shout. "Neneoma Edozie! The thunder about to fire you, is still gathering momentum!"

Elo looked at TJ, trying to stifle his laugh. While TJ winced at the sound of another collision, which he knew was going to be painful on whoever it landed on.

"Don't worry," Elo mouthed, chewing on another wrap. "Babe can handle herself. You owe me one though." He slid down the railing.

TJ rolled his eyes, getting down the stairs. "Yeah, whatever."

"Yeah, whatever you too." The darker boy called back. "We're still up for barbecue when Jiki returns. Handle your business fast before he returns."

The taller boy nodded, and before his feet could touch the last step. He heard another clash.

Then; "Say nonsense again and I swear, I'll slap you so hard that pancakes will be all you'll ever think of making!"

__

He was restless.

The cold water wasn't helping one bit. Even as he took what seemed like his tenth lap, with his arms gliding across the bone freezing water -- it's coldness, piercing his skin like tiny needles. He couldn't rid himself off thoughts about her.

He dived in and stood still for a while, with breath held and eyes shut close, the water, instead of being therapeutic had only one aim -- to fill his lungs.

Having had enough, he came up, gasping for air and welcoming oxygen like it was a do or die.

However, that was when he saw her. Lithe body, wrapped in a blazing one piece swim suit, narrowing her eyes at him. Her neatly packed bundle of luxuriant hair dancing with the wind. The sunlight caressed her skin, highlighting the caramel of it; like spun gold, putting real sunrays to shame.

He took a step back, while his hands went to his face, trying to get rid of droplets making his vision a little weary and maybe, get his eyes to stop being delusional.

I think I've finally lost it.

"If this is how much you guys have missed me, I should be on my way back to Accra." She scowled, swimming to the east extreme of the large pool.

"It's really you?" He finally spoke up when he found his voice.

She huffed, arms gliding across the cold water. "Nooo, it's my spirit that's speaking to you! All of you are annoying. I come back all jet lagged, anticipating a little warmth and all you guys do is ignore me? No one even wants me near the kitchen or backyard!"

He found her ramblings amusing as he watched her nose twitch in anger. Much to his amusement, he rather found her little display quite amusing. She was like a kitten vying for attention from it's owner. He couldn't help the laughter bubbling deep, threatening to erupt in a matter of seconds.

He could swear he heard her growl, followed by a splash that seemed more like a whiplash.

He shrieked at the stinging impact.
"What the fuck was that?"

"It's a rubber duck you doofus!" Raising the plastic yellow toy up, her face mirrored a very pleased look.

Still recovering from the stinging pain, he rubbed his abdomen, with his fingers trying to ease the pain. "Isn't it meant to spit water out? What did you add?" He asked, eying her suspiciously. "Blades or what?"

She shrugged, a mischievous smile in place. "I sort of, improvised."

"Yeah, and you had to experiment on my body."

"You made fun of me!" She countered, still keeping her distance.

He grinned, gliding across, to reach for her. "It wasn't my fault, you actually looked funny. Like an angry kitten, you know, you should get mad on a daily. It's quite a sight for sore eyes."

She glared daggers at him, scooping a good amount of water in her hand, she splashed it on his face, causing him to groan.

Blinking once -- twice, his palm wiped at his face. He glared back at her. "You didn't just do that!"

"Oh I did, and I'll do it again." She splashed at him again, this time she sent enough of the cold liquid, straight into his nose.

She giggled after witnessing him try to snort water out of his nostrils.

"You're not getting away this time,"
He charged at her, but she'd thought ahead, as she gave him a good distance, swimming further away from his reach.

She spun around to face him, after making sure he was as far away, as possible. She stuck her tongue out at him. "Meh, you're such a sore looser."

"Oh yeah?" His arms were leading him to her, in no time. "Attending a random swim class doesn't make you a pro. You know that?"

Her face scrunched up in a faux scowl, imitating his expression. "You think you can keep up?"

Seeing that he was almost an arm's stretch, away from grabbing a hold of her. She shrieked, trying to put her hands to use. Unfortunately, he was as fast as lightening. And in a span of a second, his arms were around her, holding her in place.

"Let go of me!" She screamed, fits of giggle left her lips as he attached her sides with his finger, tickling her breathless.

"Who's the sore loser now?" He smirked, watching her crack up in fits.

"You butthead!" She shrieked when he wouldn't stop with the assault. Her laugh echoing across the empty pool area.

Suddenly he froze, as he watched the initial annoyed look on her face morph into a happy one, with wet beads running down her cheeks, as a result of intense nerve triggering.

He felt his heart pick up speed, as he watched her take him in with eyes that housed galaxy, eyes that almost brought him to his knees.

The breeze fluttered past them, carrying with it the scent of sea from the nearby beach, whispering over their faces. With her wearing a wide grin, he couldn't help but feel the jolt in his heart- bask in the magic of being with her, under the bright sunlight, while it sprayed it's glow on her.

She held his gaze with hers, anticipation raring it's head at her. Her inside lit up like damn firecrackers, exploding in a blissful bang of anticipation and want? She wanted to take the same route again -- the same route they'd taken once but never succeeded.

"Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?" She cheesed, her heart going haywire with anticipation and her nerves, roughening up with nerve endings.

He trailed a finger down her arm, causing goose bumps to pop out her skin. "I haven't seen a ghost," he was crowding her, brewing up a bolt of excitement in her.

TJ made a small move, caging her between him and the cold tile. He ran the pad of his thumb against her bottom lips, watching her suck in a sharp breath. He leaned close -- so close that he could see every tiny opening on her blemish free skin, inhale her intoxicating scent of honey and citrus. That unique scent that belonged to her alone.

"You've completely raided my senses," he breathed out, trying to calm himself down. "What have you done to me? You're everywhere," his hands trailed to her smooth face, thumb circling slowly. "My thoughts," he felt her hold her breath, eyes clouded with awareness. "My dreams... You're like a hard drug with out a side-effect."

She bursted out in fits. "It's that meant to be a line Kodiri?"

His grin matched hers. He shrugged, wrapping his hands around her. "I try."

"We should work on that soon."

He nodded, resting his forehead against hers. "We should work on something first, yeah?"

Her eyes glinted with humor, her lips curved into a smirk. Her eyes trailed on his lips, taking it's plumpness and the red of it, dark and enticing -- like old wine. While her mind took to thinking, wondering what it would feel like, to just lean in and take.

The move wasn't calculated. Neither of them knew who made the first move. The second their lips came in contact, he thought he heard her draw in a sharp breath. His other hand already sliding in through her hair, as his lips nibbled on her bottom lips, seeking entrance.

She let him have his way, his lips slid into hers silkily, soft and smooth. The rush of feelings that geysered through her body had her sighing out in relief, filling her up with a need that she never knew existed, as she threw herself into the edgy demand if the kiss.

Power surged through him, he wanted more -- wanted to drink in the stunningly taste of her, till he was satisfied. Her body was pressed against him, arms locked around his neck.

He said her name, only her name and she was lost.

Chills raced down her spine as his mouth moved in sync with hers. Their bodies flush against each other, her whole body soared. She floated, drifted and glided -- feeling light in the head, taking what he had to offer.

She'd never felt such high, never experienced something of that sort, as his mouth worked hers. She moaned in ecstacy as his tongue danced over hers, drowning in the minty taste of him, while his hand kept to her face, palming them like they were made of porcelain.

He said her name again, and ended the kiss while he still had control over himself.

Nuzzling her neck, he heard her gasp for air, wanting oxygen so bad.

"Too much." He whispered, while her heart tried to even it's breathing.

Still dazed, she stared up at him, eyes clouded with the right kind of emotion. Still, the warm and sweet longing inside her, had her wanting more. "Hmm?"

"That's how much I've missed you." He murmured against her skin. One hand still running through her hair. "What happened to the braid you had on for the award?"

"It's a wig."

"Too bad, I liked it." He pouted, drowning himself with her scent, while hoping he didn't come off as a creep.

Her light chuckle sounded like music to his ears. "Too bad, the designer has it."

The tip of his nose brushed against hers, making her giggle. "Too bad. But I love these more." His hands ran across the crown of full hair on her head.

He hoisted her up the cold tiles, causing a shriek from her, as the coldness stung her.

"How does that feel?" He asked, an evil smirk gracing his lips.

She narrowed his eyes at him, hitting his bare chest. "You just had to get even!"

"Revenge is best, when served cold." He grinned, pulling her face into his chest while leaving a trail of lights kisses on her neck.

She shuddered at the sensation, soaring with happiness. It filled her heart, feeling like her heart was about to combust the next second. She took in everything, welcoming them with open hands. She was done fighting her feelings.

He'd taken so much space off her thinking faculty, filling it with thoughts of him. The mere thought of him always had her grinning like a cheshire cat and she couldn't help it.

"TJ! We're up for BBQ. Get your black ass to this place ASAP!" Elo's voice interrupted their blissful moment.

TJ groaned, wrapping his arms around her while snuggling close.

"I don't feel like leaving here." He murmured against her neck, causing tingles to fill her body.

She giggled. "You'll have to go make them BBQs. They're for me right?"

He groaned. "Way to ruin the surprise El!"

"Man, get your lazy ass to this place! I'm not helping you with shit!!" Elo's voice interrupted them again.

"Jeez I'm coming okay!" He called back, while Chimdi kept giggling. It would have weirded her out that she was giggling like a crazy old lady. But she didn't mind, she liked it up there.

"You should go meet him before he loses it." She advised when he released her. She immediately missed the warmth that came with his embrace.

"Yeah, I'll see you in a few?" He asked, placing a chaste kiss right on her lips.

She nodded, watching him step off the pool, a smile stretching her lips, it might hurt.

She smiled, her fingers tracing her lips. This, she thought, was bliss. And she wouldn't mind doing it for the rest of her life. She watched his figure disappear into the small backyard, before dipping herself into the now warm pool. Trying to relax her giddy nerves.

She came up for air when oxygen was necessary. Hands wiping her face before;

"You hoe!" An angry Abike seethed, eyes blazing with sizzling hate as she stood at the edge of the pool. The yellow two piece swim suit, wrapping around her body like a second skin.

"Woah! Hold on right there. I have no intention to snatch your title. No thanks, keep it all to yourself!"

The slender girl growled. "You're so shameless I'm disgusted! How dare you throw yourself at TJ that way!"

The skinny girl sighed, walking out the pool, with water dripping down her body. "There you go again hurling your hobby back at me. Newsflash, I'm not interested."

She reached for a towel, wrapping it around her body.

"Just because he got a little touchy with you doesn't mean you've won." The slender girl snarled, walking to where she stood drying her body, while taking up her personal space. "You're not taking him away this time. Not after all the effort I've put into making him mine!"

Stunned, Chimdi stared at her. "Aren't you tired of blaming all your losses on me? If you can't accept the fact that you're at the losing end, that makes you a sore loser Abike."

"Bitch..." She growled. "I called dibs on him first!"

Anger surged through Chimdi for the first time that day. "That's it! He's not an object to be claimed."

"And neither does he belong to you Gentry. Stay away from our business and shit won't go down the wrong way."

"If that's a threat girl, you really need to step the fuck up." Chimdi tied the towel firmly around her waist. "This conversation is over. In fact, it should have been over before it even started."

"It isn't over Gentry. Not until I say so," Abike's glare could drill holes through the skinny girl's head. "I don't make light the situation, when it comes to what's mine. Stay the fuck away from him."

Laughter erupted out of Chimdi's mouth at her words. "Were you born this stupid or did you take lessons?"

A wave of fury took over Abike's being, filling her up sizzling rage. "You don't know what I'm capable of Gentry," she seethed out, taking slow steps to where the skinny girl stood, shaking her head in disbelief. "You have no idea what I can do to make him mine. You should tread with caution."

"You know, everyone is entitled to act stupid once in a while babe, but you're really abusing the privilege right now."

The slender girl growled at her, Chimdi could imagine smoke popping out her ears.

Abike ground her buccal chords together out of rage. "This isn't over Gentry. You better watch your back! When shit hits the fan, don't you dare say I didn't warn you."

She stormed out of Chimdi's presence, anger literally radiating off her body.

Chimdi had never seen her so mad.

__

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 10.3K 62
COMPLETED!! ONYX VOYAGE SERIES: BOOK TWO ••••• ꧁RUNWAYS AND DECEPTION ꧂ Meet Irene...
177K 34.4K 50
****A Wattpad Featured Novel**** • • • (Book one) Many of us, have read lots of books and watched lots of movies, abo...
5.9K 1.8K 29
Ewww!" He spat. "Me? Like you? I'd rather date a horse than date an ugly thing like you!" He seethed before forcefully pushing her on the floor, she...
856K 48.7K 51
"The reason we can't let go of someone is because deep inside, we still have hope." Then, let go. That so-called hope, it's destroying you. "It was...