Hear my Voice

By Chiduziem

A collection of stories, poems and write ups based off the #endsars, #endcorruption protest. A thousand voice... More

.No more.
.Let us pray.
.Light a candle.
.Movies vs Reality.
.My words didn't save me.
.Our Voice.
.Change.
.Two weeks.

.I remember.

1 0 0
By Chiduziem

2.

I remember the noise.
The ugly screams of both men, women n children.

I remember the accident, how the sole rider had been brought down in his wasted efforts to flee.

A robbery gone right but an escape gone wrong by a split decision, he took a road he thought would lead to freedom.

I remember the gunshots, from an old hunter's rifle.

I remember the cry, the fall, the blood and the man.

I remember standing helplessly behind the safety of the gate, my head poking out and witnessing the anger of the mob. The broken man,dark skinned and bloody, begging for his life.

I remember boys not yet men, looking for tires and scavenging for fuel to burn a man they barely knew, for a crime the had all committed in their hearts.

I remember the women, mothers and girls alike crying for justice, forgetting they had sons and brothers who easily could have been him.

I remember watching and praying for a man who wouldn't pray for me as he was dragged away, towards the community gates to be burnt.

I still wonder what he had been thinking while he ran, fell, begged, cried and saw his end.

I liked to think he was rescued by the sirens before the match was struck for he's ashes didn't paint the earth.

I liked to believe he went to prison or was tried for his crimes, I liked to think justice was served but I'd never truly know.

For all I remember is a boy of barely 13 years of age witnessing first hand the wickedness of man.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 307 42
Just a few bits and pieces of poetry I've written over the years. |On-going|
93.2K 4.4K 36
Y/n- please don't beat me I will never try to run away i promise please Jimin- no no no why are you crying don't cry.this is your punishment take it...
16.6K 576 92
" Nadiyon se behte khwaabon mei dub Alfaazon ko taraash rhe hum tairne ki koshish na karo Saahil nhi hai idhar, gehra samundar hain hum" My fi...
12.7K 1.7K 133
This is not poetry . . . Rankings: #1 in Poet (27/11/2023) #3 in Distress (22/12/2023) #3 in sadpoems (25/12/2023) #2 in lovepoem (25/12/2023) #3 in...