With Abandon(BWAM)

By JasmynTailor

Daniel Watts is a widowed father of two, Gianna and Grant. After five years of being on his own, Daniel decid... More

W E L C O M E & C A S T
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
bonus chapter: the note
bonus chapter: a walk to remember

chapter nineteen

7.9K 415 33
By JasmynTailor

"Tyra, you can't just bake away your problems. Please, just tell me what's wrong!" Yasmin demanded and pulled the baking powder away from Tyra.

Tyra glared at her and jerked the baking powder from her. "Don't tell me what to do. I'm not upset, I just want cake." She defended herself and went back to her bowl.

She was lying through her teeth. She was barely holding it together and Yasmin wasn't helping by bugging her. It broke her heart to see Mr. Watts kiss that woman. She was already insecure about their unidentified relationship and the kiss was the cherry on top.

She was excited to finally get home and see the people she loved, but now she wasn't quite sure if she could ever go back to that house. It would hurt too much to see him again. But she'd definitely miss the children. Within the four months she had been with them, she grew to love them.

"Snap out of it. You can't keep this in, you have to talk about it. What happened?" Yasmin pressed and placed her hand on Tyra's shoulder. "Don't shut me out," She emphasized empathetically.

Tyra dropped the measuring spoon and tears blurred her vision. She didn't want to feel this way, but God, it hurt so bad. "I'm fine." Her chin trembled as she spoke.

Yasmin took her hand and squeezed it. "You aren't, doll."

"I--it hurts," Tyra wheezed and clutched her heart.

Yasmin cooed and wrapped her arms around her heartbroken friend. "You're going to be okay," She murmured and walked her to the living room. "I'll be right back," She promised and hurried to the hall closet and grabbed three blankets.

She handed one to Tyra and spread out one across their laps. "Perfect," She whispered and then looked to her best friend. "What happened? You can tell me,"

Tyra wrapped herself up in the blanket and grit her teeth. Just thinking about what happened made her anxious and upset. "Yasmin," She said softly. "I got home a couple of days early, and he was kissing some woman." She spat out and wiped her tears. "It hurt so much to see, I didn't understand why he would do something like that," She clenched her fists. "Why would a man go through so much trouble to make someone like him, if he was just going to kiss someone else?" She asked mostly to herself.

Yasmin gasped softly and shook her head out of shock. The man was so enthralled with Tyra, he doted on her, he gave her gifts, and admired her, so why would he do something like that?

"I'm not doubting you or belittling your feelings in any way, but are you sure that he kissed her? I mean, yeah he hasn't exactly verbally told you how he felt, but he's shown you in every other way. Maybe she kissed him," Yasmin hoped that there were two sides to this story.

"H--he said that she kissed him, but I don't know! It's just that I was already upset about not knowing how he feels, and then when I saw them kissing, my mind, my heart, everything felt betrayed and just so hurt! I feel so stupid! I--I was gonna tell him about my anxiety and everything, but now," Tyra bit her lip and ran her fingers through her hair. "I could forgive him, but I don't know if I trust him. I'm so scared, Yas. Why didn't he just tell me how he felt? I don't like playing the guessing game," She closed her eyes and leaned back onto the couch.

She wanted him to come and find her. She wanted him to tell her the truth and then kiss her just as he did the other day, but it was only wishful thinking.

He didn't love her and she couldn't make him.

"It's useless for me to dream. He doesn't know where I am, and he has that woman to keep him company." She mumbled hopelessly.

Yasmin felt for her friend, but she wouldn't let her act so dreary.

"Don't talk that way. You know that if that man knew where you were he'd come to find you. I know that he would and I've never even met him. But based on what you told me, he loves you." Yasmin shook Tyra's shoulders to add emphasis. "I know that I told you he should be upfront, he should, but you have to look at his track record. Not once, has he made you second guess. The only reason why you're second-guessing now is because of your anxiety. Don't let anxiety keep you from being happy, you and that man deserve each other," She wiped the tears that were falling from Tyra's eyes. "He won't hurt you, just let him explain." She added and Tyra nodded.

"I--I can't. Not now, the pain in my heart is still fresh and, and seeing him again may make things worse," Tyra explained and then yawned. "I love you, Yas," She whispered and closed her eyes.

Yasmin wouldn't let Tyra's anxiety keep her away from seeing Mr. Watts. She was going to help both of them out, and by God, she would.

-

Unknown Number:

Hi, you don't know me, but I know you. (I hope that doesn't sound too creepy) I got your number from her phone and you know the rest.

I'm Yasmin, Tyra's best friend.

She told me about what happened and I want to help.

After everything that she's told me about you, I know that you love her, though you haven't told her yet which is really bizarre. I mean, if you would've just said, "Hey, I love you!" this wouldn't be happening right now, but since we can't go back in time, it is happening.

She likes you a lot and she's really broken up about what happened, but I do know that if you came and explained to her what happened, she would come back to you.

If you're busy, just shoot me a message later and we can talk about what's next.

Best of luck, Yasmin.

Daniel read the message three times before he responded.

To: Unknown Number

Oh, you don't understand how glad I am to hear from you.

How is she? I miss her, could you tell her?

I do love her, and I'm regretting every second of not telling her.

Do you think I could come and see her?

He sent the message and prayed for the best.

It had only been a day since she came and went, but it was the longest day of Daniel's life. He couldn't sleep a wink last night. He wanted to know where Tyra was and how he could get her to see that he loved her and despised Hollyn.

He hoped that Tyra's friend could find a way for him to see her and they could just talk. He wanted her to come back home and so did his kids.

They didn't know about what happened yesterday, and he wasn't going to tell them either. Not unless Tyra decided to never come back. Then, he'd have to tell them.

His phone buzzed and he read the message.

Unknown Number:

Aha! I told her that you loved her, she didn't believe me though. I feel like she did, but she just can't accept it right now.

She's asleep right now, but I could let you know when she wakes up so you can come by. I know that she's confused and scared right now, but I'm hoping that hearing what you have to say can clear things up for her.

I'm hoping for the best!

Daniel thanked God and Yasmin and then he began planning. It had to be something basic since all of his extravagant things ended up backfiring on him.

He would just have to be upfront and tell her. He could do that. He didn't need to hide behind a piece of paper, which so happened to get lost, he was ready to tell her.

He was in love with her and he didn't want to live without her anymore.

-

The oven beeped and Tyra smiled in delight. She had finally finished baking her cake and now she could enjoy it, of course after icing it.

Yasmin was gone to the market and she was grateful for that. She loved Yasmin, but she needed to have some time away from her. Time to think.

She pulled the cake out of the oven and placed it on the counter. Baking helped her clear her mind, but right now it still didn't help.

She missed Mr. Watts, but she didn't want to face him. She couldn't. She needed to get away, but she wanted to enjoy a slice of cake before leaving.

"It looks so good," Tyra sighed happily as she iced the cake with homemade icing.

She didn't want to wait any longer, so she cut a small slice and put it on a plate. As she placed a piece in her mouth, her cheeks raised at the sweetness. "Tastes even better," She murmured and cut an extra slice for her ride.

It wasn't her original plan to run away, but she had to. She needed to clear her mind and just think about everything. She wasn't going to tell Yasmin until she made it to her grandparent's house. It was a little rude, but she knew that if Yasmin found out she would try to stop her.

She went to the guest room and grabbed her packed bag and walked to her car.

"I shouldn't," She looked at the house as she sat in her car. She felt bad for leaving without saying goodbye, so she hurried back into the house and wrote a letter.

Once she was done, she pressed a kiss onto the letter and placed it on the refrigerator.

"Goodbye, my friend. I'll be back soon," She waved goodbye to the house and drove down the road. Next stop, Grammy and Paw Paw's house.

-

"I don't know what happened," Yasmin explained defeated by the letter that she had just read aloud to Daniel.

Daniel had rushed to Yasmin's house straight from work to profess his love to Tyra, only she wasn't there. "Could I see it?" He asked and she handed it to him with a tight-lipped smile showing sympathy in her eyes.

'I hate to say goodbye so soon, but I needed to get back home to think.

Before you jump to any conclusions, I'm not upset or mad at you. I love you and you did everything you could to help me feel better.

It worked, but I still need to clear my head with a method other than baking. (side note, the cake is delish! Enjoy!)

I should be back in a couple of days, at the latest maybe four days. I love you girl!

Your fave, Ty-Ty'

It was a cute letter, of course it was though. It was a letter from Tyra, everything she did was cute.

Daniel placed the note on the counter and huffed. "Do you have any idea where she could be?" He asked tiredly.

It had been a long day, but he wasn't going to rest until he told Tyra. It didn't sit right with him that another day would go by and he still hasn't told her he loves her.

"I was going to just tell her in person, but it seems like she doesn't want that to happen," He murmured and pulled out his phone. He was going to tell her plainly, in a text message.

It wasn't going to be romantic, just something to let her know.

I love you.

He pressed send and exhaled deeply.

"Done," He said dismissively.

Yasmin looked at him expectantly. "What's done?" She asked.

Daniel looked away from his phone, his jaw clenched. "I told her. I couldn't wait for her to come back, actually, I need you to tell me where she is." He pressed on the subject again.

"That's great! She's most likely back at her grandparent's house," Yasmin said helpfully. "I have their address, I'll send it to you." She picked up her phone and sent him the address. "I want this to work for you two, just be patient with her." She said softly and smiled at him.

Daniel's phone buzzed and he smiled back at her. He was still upset, but hearing that someone was on his team encouraged him to keep pushing on for Tyra's heart. It was worth it.

"Thank you, Yasmin. I'm going to see her, but first I have to go back to the office and get my children," He said thankfully. Grant and Gianna were spending some time with Ryan, he was great with kids, and since he was working on the new website design, he could have them running freely in his office. "You are a true friend to Tyra," He shook her hand and walked to his car.

It was time to get his woman back. Of course, after getting his kids.

He hoped that having Grant and Gianna with him would make her reaction to him better. God only knows.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

771K 21.3K 125
"You should've thought about that before you asked me to be your sugar baby!?" "How am I supposed to break it to you I have kids?!... oh yeah I'm lo...
47.5K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2Ɨ on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
439K 15.4K 25
Blossom and Bloom Graceful and Tender - She couldn't believe her ears, or her eyes. Her husband, the man she loves, the father of her unborn baby, wa...
4.4M 154K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...