Right from the Start (bwwm)...

By ThatNaturalDisaster

Jordan and Dahlia have been best friends since they met on the playground at age 3. Follow their journey over... More

00: a peek into the future
01: you're it
02: claiming
03: #1 fan
04: plans won't change
05: first
06: waiting
07: a promise made
08: set up
09: finally freshman
10: study buddy
11: better company
12: boooooo'd up
13: out of sight, out of mind...
14: something's off
15: a promise broken
16: back
18: a mistake
19: skipping class
A\N!!!
20: just not forever...
21: coffee&questions
22: suprises&strikeouts
23: kicked out of your life
24: date night
25: 10:07pm
26: forgive and forget
27: home
28: brutality/honesty?
29: total strangers
30: all apologies
31: a little push
32: body shots
33: surprise!!!
34: fun
35: protecting the QB
36: king+queen
37: insecure
38: warning
39: taste
40: wake-up call
41: gametime
42: Jordan's day
43: Dahlia's day
44: fangirl
45: that smile
46: friendsgiving
47: roadtrip
48: something new
49: breaking the news
50: when it all pays off...
51: franchise boy
52: pep talk
53: his right hand
A/N
54: birthday boy
55: indio
56: study sesh
57: bedside manner
58: honey
59: store-run
60: apple juice
61: get out
62: bro-advice
63: packing
64: there's a theme...
65: mom to mom
66: giveaway
67: tea parties and place-kickers
time to comment!
68: crazy
69: honeymoon
70: newsflash
71: fiercely
72: adulting?
73: all I need
74: little miss prescott
75: champ
76: for them
77: 1000% spoilt
78: sunny-style
79: valentine
80: the combine
81: bunny
82: no...
83: flashbacks
84: stay
85: need you
86: rest
87: a new role
88: proud
89: mommy's birthday
90: destiny
91: #1
92: princess party
93: hyper
94: boats&bellies
95: workout buddy
96: daddy's girl
97: the happiest place
98: playdate
99: sparks
100: family portrait
101: all dressed up
102: cannonballs
103: there for you
104: one door closes...
โš ๏ธแ‘Žแ—ดแ—ฏ แ”•ไธ…แ—แ–‡ฦณโš ๏ธ
โš ๏ธNEW STORYโš ๏ธ

17: the new normal?

1.7K 113 14
By ThatNaturalDisaster

After a short scrimmage and workout that first Friday afternoon back, Jordan walked back to his dorm with Marcus and a few of the other guys on the team. They were all talking about a 'welcome back' party they were going to at one of the frat houses later that night, but Jordan couldn't care less about some rager.

The only thing that had been on his mind for that entire week had been Dahlia. Seeing her everyday and knowing she wanted nothing to do with him had Jordan feeling like he was in his own personal Hell, and he knew it was his fault.

"Dude, you look like shit."

Marcus finally commented on Jordan's appearance once the two had broken off from the rest of the group, heading towards their room.

"I feel like it, too. Doll— she won't talk to me-- like at all. I fucking screwed up everything."

Once they were in their room, Jordan chucked his gym bag in his closet before he slid the door shut and slumped his shoulders in absolute defeat.

"Is it that bad? She really won't talk to you?"

Marcus' question caused Jordan to hang his head as he sighed.

"Before this... the longest we went without speaking was almost an entire day."

"That's it?"

"I don't even remember the stupid thing I said that hurt her feelings back then, but I could barely go like... five hours without her. This has been fucking brutal, dude."

As Jordan raked his fingers through his hair, he groaned, feeling a migraine coming on. It had been the same recurring headache he'd felt all week, and Jordan knew exactly why it felt like his head was in a vice grip.

Dahlia.

"Ugh, I'm such a fucking idiot!"

He threw a punch at the closet door, not meaning to dent it, but the second he felt a sharp pain shoot through his hand, he cursed under his breath.

"Yo, Jordan, dude, what the fuck?!"

"This is gonna be awesome, Dahlia. You guys are really gonna love this."

Connor handed Dahlia and Kat each a small maroon frisbee and a gold bandana, keeping his fingers lingering against Dahlia's for a few moments.

"I'm really glad you decided to join."

"Even if I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing?"

"Everybody starts off somewhere, and you'll have me there to help you."

Dahlia shrugged and grinned at Kat.

"What the hell? This will be fun."

"So..."

Kat began later that night as the two got back to their room after a night out at the movies, a girls' night for their first weekend back.

Dahlia turned to look at her suspiciously after grabbing a jacket from her closet.

"So... what?"

"Well, now that you've changed your mind about the disc golf thing... have you changed your mind about Connor, too?"

Dahlia rolled her eyes and tilted her head back as she sighed and smirked.

"I wasn't sure how long it was gonna take for you to finally bring him up."

About an hour later, as Kat took a shower, Dahlia sat at her desk, scrolling on her Twitter when an incoming Facetime call came through.

Dahlia sucked in a nervous breath, as she moved her cursor over the 'decline' button.

It was Jordan's mom, and although she'd basically been the only female influence in her life, Dahlia still wasn't sure what to say.

Hell, she didn't even know what Jordan told his family when showed up alone at Christmas.

Dahlia took a deep breath, before moving the cursor over the green button and clicking it.

"Hi... Mrs.--"

"Nope, nuh-uh. I don't wanna hear any of that, Sweetheart. Now, no matter what stupid thing my shitheaded son did, I will always be here for you, you hear me?"

Fresh tears made their way onto Dahlia's face as she nodded, feeling the deep wounds Jordan left beginning to reopen.

"He should be ashamed of himself."

"Mom, it's okay."

"No, Dahlia, it's not okay! Randy and I-- we taught him better than that. He knows how he's supposed to treat women and come on, for him to do this... to you? God, it just makes my blood boil."

Dahlia flinched, as her mind went to the darkest of places.

Back to where Jordan was with that Rachel girl, his hands and lips all over her, not giving a damn about Dahlia or what they had.

Jordan's mom saw the change on Dahlia's face, even on the computer, and instantly regretted opening her mouth.

"Oh, I'm sorry, honey. I don't mean to bring it up. I just..."

Dahlia wiped her nose then her eyes with the palm on her hand as she nodded her head.

"No, it's okay, Mom. I--."

"He's gonna get more than a broken hand the next time he sees me."

Dahlia giggled to herself, knowing that Jordan's mom was never one to shy away from smacking him when it was called for. After a moment, she snapped her head back to the computer, having Jordan's mom's words finally sink in.

"Wait, a broken what?!"

🌻

𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚃𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢!

𝙼𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢?

𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚒𝚝...

😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390 1 14
For the past ten years, Nolia has always wanted to share the story of her college experience meeting a young man who's existence and presence in her...
6.2K 507 18
OhmNanon AU๐Ÿ’šโค๏ธ "Am I too late Now ?? " " My world is always you, My Sunshine. But Am I too late Now ? " . . . Destiny is always be the game changer...
5.7K 397 24
"Nia." Her name softly fell from his lips and she soaked in his sweet breath like a pancake to syrup. Her eyes were low and she was watching his ches...
261 11 9
Evie was a wild child. She was at (almost) every party, did every dare, and lived the way she wanted to. All so she could pour it into writing. She w...