My White Knight ✔️

By mikywaymidnight

What would you do when the happy bubble you lived in for the past 25 years gets popped? Do you wanna know wh... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
Thank You 🖤
Bonus Chapter(Divya's Dad POV)
Bonus Chapter
Lies and Love (Next Book)

Chapter 1

4.7K 199 78
By mikywaymidnight

Divya:

"Hello, Amma(Mom)! I don't wanna be married to Jay anymore. I want to apply for a divorce." I told my mother after what happened today. I can't do this anymore. I thought I got into a happy marriage, but it took me months to realize that my marriage was not typical.

"What do you mean by divorce Divya? You do know how much disgrace that brings to our family right? What will I tell your Dad? Let me talk to Jay and fix your problems." She said to me in an angry tone.

I couldn't talk, what should I say? Why can't they understand me? I have been listening to them from the start, but it just gave me pain.

"Divorce is not the easy way Chinnu(baby), You know that. Dad and your grandma are going to kill you. Please listen to me and come home for a few days. You will feel fine. I will talk to Jay." She said in a sad and desperate tone.

"Maa! Please understand me. He violated me and ruined my life. Please Maa, help me get a divorce. I don't wanna live with him. It feels like I'm a prisoner and his slut." I sobbed through all the words hoping she might understand me.

"Chinnu(baby)... stop crying! I will talk to Jay and set him straight. Stop thinking about divorce, your dad and grandma won't let you live. They will kill us. Try and understand Jay maybe he will change for you." She tried to console and push me back into this marriage.

After hearing that I felt the earth beneath me was not there anymore and I was being pulled into an abyss. I couldn't breathe anymore, I wanted to take a comforter and sleep and wake up from this bad dream.

"I won't live with him anymore Maa. I did whatever I could for the past year and I'm done doing everything for you and this society. I don't care what you tell everyone. I can get a divorce by myself if you don't want to support that's fine. At least stop trying to get me back with him after what he did to me." I yelled at my mother with anger and tears jumping through my eyes.

"I can't and choose not to live like you anymore. He abused me physically and mentally and you are saying that I should go back to him, the monster you guys married me off to? You don't feel my pain, All you are worried about dad. You don't have to worry about me anymore. I'm leaving this house and you guys forever. GOODBYE." I yelled and threw my phone to the wall and broke it not able to hold the anger.

I have to get away from all these toxic people in my life. What do I do now? All my life I was always a good daughter. I did whatever my parents asked me to. I went to the school they sent me, and I married the guy they wanted. All I asked was for them to support and stand by me during my hard times. When do they understand that I'm not a doll? Please god, help me in this. Where do I go now? I can't talk to anyone about this, I have to run away from here but where to?

This is not the time to cry I said to myself and brushed the tears off my face. I packed my bags and started to walk out of this apartment. That's when I saw a picture of me and Jay with Amaya and Jameson on the day of my wedding it was on the fridge.

Amaya is my cousin, she asked me if I was sure about marrying Jay, but I just brushed her off. I strongly believed that Jay was the one that day, I gave him countless chances to redeem himself, but he never changed.

She called me after marriage but I didn't pick up her calls because of Jay. I should call her and she is the only person no one would expect me to go to. I went to the nearby store bought a new phone and started dialing her number.

"Hello! This is Andrew Amaya's friend. She is busy in the kitchen right now. I can pass on your message if you want." Said a guy with an American accent.

Who's Andrew? Amaya never told me about him.

"Hi! My name is Divya. Can you tell her that I need her help?" I told him in a desperate voice hoping that he would do that for me.

"Divya as in Amy's cousin." He exclaimed. 

How does he know my name I wonder? Amaya would've told him obviously.

"Yeah!" I told him completely shocked.

"Let me go and grab her for you." He said. I could hear him walking as the voice of Amaya's laughter got clearer.

I heard Andrew say
"Amy stop annoying Jameson. And one more thing your cousin Divya, she called and she sounds pretty low you should talk to her."

Am I so easy to read? How does he know that I am sad by listening to my voice? I heard some ruffling sounds and then I heard Amaya

"Hey, Divya! What happened? How are you? Is everything fine?" She started rambling all her questions. Typical Amaya.

"Can you help me find a place to stay for a few days? I don't want anyone to find me, especially my family." I asked her stressing on the last part.

"I am in India right now, why don't I come to you and pick you up? You can stay with us." She said and I felt relieved for the first time today.

I walked to the nearest restaurant and sat there waiting for Amaya. My husband betrayed me, my family betrayed me. All the people who I thought were my life showed me their true colors. I feel worthless today and out of everyone, I didn't expect Amaya to be the person helping me with this after all that my parents did to her.

We are cousins, but to be truthful she should hate our family. After her parent's demise, no one cared about them. My so-called family started using all the money and businesses built by her father. The things we own, and the house we live in is all because of Amaya's dad.

They sent Amaya and her sister out of the house on the day of the funeral. My dad and grandma completely ignored them, it was like they were never there.

If it wasn't for my mother, I wouldn't have known about Amaya and Ananya. She said that she feels guilty about not being there for them.

My mother might have the right state of mind but what she lacks is the courage to stand up for her ideology. She hides behind my father and does whatever he wants. I didn't wanna be her but I don't when I started to do it. It breaks my heart that turned into a woman I never wanted to be.

My phone started to buzz breaking all my thoughts and it is Amaya.

"Hello! Divya we are here. Let me send Andrew in to get your stuff." She said and commanded Andrew to help me.

I stood up from the chair and looked at my stuff. I started to pick them up when I saw someone's legs. I slowly started to look up.

Not to be a racist, but he is the whitest man I've ever seen. His face is all shades of red because of the heat. He looked at me and gave me a smile that showed me his dimples. His eyes are sea green, they look really pretty.

He took the bags from me and started walking. I could literally feel everyone staring at us. I quietly followed him until we reached the car. I could see Amaya in the diver seat and Jameson was in the passenger seat.

They waved at me and Amaya got out of the car and hugged me.

"Are you okay? I was really worried about you." She exclaimed.

What do I tell her? That she was right and Jay was not worth it. Should I tell her that I'm planning to run away from the people who were there for me for the past 25 years? Should I tell her my husband is a freaking psychopath who didn't show me any respect?

"You don't have to say anything. Let's go to our house. I asked you a bazillion times to visit me when you were in college. Finally! now you get to see our place." She said brushing the tears off my face.

Andrew and Jameson are looking at me like I'm a porcelain doll who's about to break. I didn't wanna be weak anymore but I couldn't help it. I cried in her arms trying to let go of all the pain. Amaya started crying with me. It looked like a sob fest.

Jameson got out of the car and told me
"Don't worry Divya. We are here for you. We will protect you from everything."

He assured me and hugged Amaya who is crying with me. I looked at Andrew, who has the same look on his face as Jameson. He closed his fists and looks like he is ready to punch someone or something.

I'm glad that Amaya has people in her life who are willing to do anything to not see her cry. If a crying Amaya made Andrew this angry, his partner would be glad to have him.

"I'm sorry I forgot to introduce you guys! This Andrew my best friend and Jameson's friend/ business partner." Amaya said and went towards Andrew and held his hand.

"Maya that's my best friend, go get yourself another one," Jameson whined at Amaya with a pout.

"No this idiot never tells me anything, Amaya is my best friend," Andrew said kissing Amaya on her head.

Jameson gave an angry look at Amaya and Andrew, they just pulled him and hugged him too.

I smiled looking at them, their relationship felt like home after such a long day. Amaya came forward and pulled me into their hug.

Soon we sat in the car with Amaya driving it and me and Andrew in the back. We talked about all the funny things, and for that whole ride, I didn't think of the worst things that happened in my life.

That's the end of the chapter.

If you are here and didn't read my other work, Fighting For Him. Please go read that one to get a better understanding of the characters and it's the story of Amaya and Jameson(my first love).

One important note about this story is, that it's going to deal with spousal abuse.

Abuse is an important issue even if it's physical, mental, emotional, or verbal and no woman/man should put up with it.

 If anyone is going through any kind of abuse please reach out to authorities, not your friends or parents. Because they won't be able to do anything, stand up for yourselves.

Hope you guys are excited about this book. 

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love,
Sneha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.9K 9.7K 52
A girl... who got pregnant at 24... Left alone in this cruel world by her people... her mistake was to fall in love with a man who was already marrie...
139K 6.2K 32
Finding Happiness Spinoff - Aiden One shit relationship turned me into a once a done guy. The second she walked out of my garage I was hooked. I was...
422K 32.9K 58
Being a parent is difficult and so is being a good child. But how will you judge a family who never satyed together? They love their daughter but wer...
174K 11.5K 48
#1 in Forever together. #1 in Long lost love. This story is a full package of; 🔸Love, 🔸Romance, 🔸Comedy, 🔸Drama, 🔸Revenge, 🔸Interesting plots...