With All The Odds Against Us

By personwhoexcists

Um so this is my first book book where i make my own ocs and stuff so pls don't be all mean in any comments... More

OC Descriptions and Backgrounds
Ch 1
Ch 3

Ch 2

4 0 0
By personwhoexcists

!TW! Graphic descriptions of death! Not for people who get uncomfy easily! I will put a *%& before it starts and after it ends if you would like to skip it!

Hi how u be?

Not proofread sorry pls point out mistakes thx
-----------------------------------------------------------------

    Aria had been having a good day. He had gotten up to a text from Calixte, and had resolved to take the day and relax. He had made himself some breakfast (he was nowhere near a good cook, but he knew how to work and oven and make corn dogs. He's not that helpless), had gone to the grocery store and bought some more food (pre-cooked because he wasn’t ready to take the risk of burning his house down), and had sat in his house watching TV. Aria normally loved TV and all the things he could find on there.

    He did not like TV today. He had been aimlessly scrolling through channels and suddenly, the news channel had taken over everything and was freaking out about this girl who was trying to take over the state building in their town. Aria was confused, because he lived close to the building and definitely would have known if that was happening.

    Aria turned towards the window and did a double take.

    There, right in front of his face, was the girl from the news making extremely productive efforts to take the state building. 

    Aria was shocked at first. His brain was empty, and the first thought that came to his mind when he finally processed what was happening was that oh god, someone call a superhero!

    And then, of course, Aria realized with a start that he was the superhero.

    He rolled off his couch and put on his suit, which happened to be a simple black bodysuit, a blue belt with small pockets that kind of looked like its own little galaxy, as well as a pair of knee high boots similar to his belt. If you looked close enough, you could see stars twinkling in his belt and boots. Not that any villain got close enough to notice.

    Aria grabbed some little metal boxes from the counter, stuffing them into his belt pockets before heading out the door.

    You see, Aria is not like other superheroes. He doesn't have any magical powers or superhuman abilities. But Aria was smart. He could watch just a few seconds of his opponents fighting strategy and be able to easily come up with a plan to take them down. It didn’t matter if Aria had mediocre strength (to the villains, at least), because if he could find their weak spot, they would be down in a flash. And along with his ability to strategize, Aria also built weapons that he concealed in tiny, metal boxes. He had one that would create a shield, suspending anyone who tried to get past it in midair, one that would create an impenetrable capsule around any foe, and even one that would blow up a block or two if he ever needed it.

    Aria had ran down the block, trying to get to the state building as fast as he could. When he finally got there, he let out a sigh when he realized that the building was still upright and fairly unscathed. He looked up at the girl, who was floating above the town, taking down the cops and people who tried to stop her.

    No, she wasn’t floating, Aria realized. She was being suspended. There was a dark tendril of...something that was looped around this girl's waist, keeping her upright as she used more of the dark material to blow guns out of cops hands or to break any other weapons in half.

    Aria took a deep breath and lept into the square. Applause instantly arose and his arrival, but he blocked it out as the girl looked him up and down. Aria felt like nails were cutting into his skin where the girl's eyes trailed.

    The girls smiled and started lowering to the ground, the dark bending and lowering her with caution. Her feet touched the ground, and she strutted forward without a noise. Aria let his eyes wander, taking in every aspect of the girl as she walked ever closer.

    The girl was shorter than him by a few inches, but where she lacked in size she made up for in her swaggering gait. On her feet, she had simple combat boots. She wore a dark, double slit skirt that did wonders to show off her long legs, which were smooth save for a few scars here and there. She donned a white bodysuit shirt, one that was cut like a swimsuit, showing off her waist before dipping into the low rise of her skirt, and had a simple, dark jacket. Her face was lovely, almost perfect proportions, and her deep blue-green eyes seemed to burrow in Aria’s very soul. Her long blonde hair was unbound, moving in the light breeze.

    “Well, you must be the town hero, huh? What was your name again? Aria? Pretty name for a pretty boy,” she said with a leering smile. Aria fought back the gag he felt building in his throat.

    “Mm, thank you for the compliment. And what might your name be?” he asked. Play the game, that's the only way you can win.”

    “My name is Rayelle.”

    Aria let his eyebrow arch and a smooth smile from his lips.

    “Rayelle. Lovely name. I’m sure you are just as lovely, dear.”

    Rayelle smiled sinisterly, shaking her head.

    “As much as I love our little talk, you did come here to stop me, or at least that's what I’ve come up with.”

    Aria smiled again. “Yes. unfortunately, we don't let beautiful people just do what they want, whether that be bribing law officers or taking over the state building.”

    Rayelle smiled. “Well, it was certainly worth a try.”

    Rayelle moved so fast that Aria didn’t even see her, nor process what was happening until he was on the ground, gasping for air. He got up as fast as he could, throwing a box to the area where she had stood, but she was already gone, sweeping his legs out from behind. Aria twisted as he fell and threw another box, this one hitting Rayelle square in the chest. The box opened and light came out, and Rayelle was shocked the light blinded her and Aria knocked her legs out, pinning her to the ground. Rayelle looked at him in shock, and Aria gave a smug smirk. His smirk turned into a look of confusion though when Rayelle smiled and laughed. He barely had time to look around before Darkness slammed into him, sending him flying across the square. 

    Aria hit the side of a building and fell, laying on the concrete and trying to get his head to stop spinning. Rayelle moved in his direction, floating on the Darkness. Aria struggled to his feet, standing in a battle stance. Rayelle clicked her tongue at him.

    “Tsk tsk, how sad. The hero finds that he is not as great as he is thought to be.”

    Aria looked at her in confusion. The fight wasn’t over, was it?

    “You see, Aria, while you were trying to take me down, my Darkness was busy doing something else. It went through and sent all the citizens to their homes and locked all the cops in cells. It also went through the state building and cleared it out for me! How nice of it, am I right?”

    *%& Aria looked around, fighting back vomit as he saw the members of the state all dead on the floor, their necks broken and twisted with bone sticking out, their eyes glazed and unseeing. There were dozens of them, all laid out in neat rows in front of the building.

    Rayelle laughed at his obvious discomfort, smiling down at him.

    “Aw, it's nice that you care about the people you live with. Its just too bad that you were not strong enough.”

    Rayelle turned and started towards the bodies, stopping above one.

    “Wha-what are you doing?”

    Rayelle smirked at him, pulling out a thick sword. Aria realized what she was about to do right before she did it, and he squeezed his eyes shut, letting out a noise of protest.

    Yet the noise didn’t stop the woosh he heard as the sword cut the air, nor the thud of the sword hitting flesh, nor the sickening squelch that echoed through the square as she cut the head off the body. Aria kept his eyes closed as he listened to her footsteps walking before another noise filled the air, a noise that was so uncomfortable to listen to that Aria flinched, trying not to squirm.

    “Well, Aria. I will be seeing you again soon. Thanks for the fight today. You did a great job showing off how incapable you are of protecting your city.”

    And with that, Rayelle walked off, her footsteps echoing in Aria’s brain.

    After a while, Aria finally got the courage to open his eyes, and he instantly threw up, not able to keep back the bile that had been rising in his throat anymore.

    There, on the fence surrounding the state building, was the head that Rayelle had cut off, piked to show all who dared to enter the square how feeble and pointless hope was. *%&

    When Aria finally staggered out of the square, he started to head back to his house, only to find a line of people waiting for him. None of them looked fierce, just scared. They wanted answers, just like he did, about who this Rayelle girl is and why she is here of all places.

    Aria didn't know. He didn’t know the answers to any of the questions. And so he turned around and started walking.

    He didn’t really know where he was walking until he got there. He had walked some ways out into the country for some time, found a cloak somewhere along the way, and the sky was fully dark now. Aria was able to look up and see stars. They were beautiful, shining and twinkling in the sky as if they were dancing, fully unaware of the gruesome mess that had just occurred.

    Maybe the stars were why they decided to build their house all the way out here, Aria thought as he walked to the house that stood in a field.

    Aria knocked once, and when he was received with silence, he knocked again, knowing full well that the person he seeked was in there, just hoping the knock would go away.

    “Give me a second, I’m coming!”

    Aria smiled softly at the voice, starting to feel the cold set in. Aria pulled the cloak he had found closer around him, trying to stay warm. The door opened and there stood Calixte, a shocked look on his face, wearing sweatpants and a sweater. He looked...comfortable. Aria let Calixte stare at him for a second before speaking up.

    “Can-may I come inside?” he asked, hating that his voice sounded so weak.

    Calixte stared at Aria a bit longer before nodding and moving to the side so he could come in. Aria stepped into the house, instantly warming up as he looked around. He was standing in a main entryway, and to his left was a kitchen. The kitchen was huge, but Aria barely had time to process what was in the ginormous kitchen before he was being led to another room.

    This room was big, but very cozy, and very warm. Aria looked around, vaguely aware of Calixte watching him. The room was a living room of sorts. There were shelves all over the walls, and books were everywhere. Seriously. Everywhere. On the shelves in stacks so high that they reached the shelves above them, on the mantle above the fireplace that was burning softly, on the coffee table, on the floor against the walls, everywhere. Aria saw a book on a soft red velvet chair that had a bookmark in it. The pages looked so worn that Aria was surprised they were even still in the book! The room had very few furniture items, just the chair, coffee table, and a long couch that seemed to also be made of the same red velvet as the chair.

    After he took in the room, he turned toward Calixte again, taking in their facial expressions. Calixte’s face turned concerned and they spoke up for the first time since Aria had come inside.

    “Um, are you okay?” they asked softly, and Aria felt their silky voice wrap around his body like a warm hug.

    Aria nodded. “I- I just didn’t know-didn’t have anywhere else to go,” he said. And that was when he let everything settle into him. His knees buckled, and he fell, hitting the soft, white carpet. He let himself fall into a light sleep, content to stay on the fuzzy carpet.

    He heard Calixte let out a small scream, but didn’t have the energy to let them know that he was okay. He felt them rush to his side and scan for any injuries, turning him over slightly. Aria would have lent into the touch if he hadn't been so tired. After a while, he heard Calixte let out a groan. He held back a laugh as the groan turned to a small squeal, then a groan again. 

    He had almost fallen asleep again when he felt himself be picked up and held against a warm body. He felt Calixte walk a bit before he was laid down on the couch and felt a blanket be laid over him. He smiled a bit, sleep tugging at his brain.

    Just before he gave into sleep, he heard Calixte mutter, “сейчас было бы хорошее время иметь свободную спальню,” before listening to them sit in their chair and pick up their book. Aria didn’t know what the words ment, but he didn’t have the motivation to think about it as sleep took over, and Aria was lost to a dreamless night of stars.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi again. Hope you are all Otay out there.

Imma head out cause im technically in class right now.

Peace out guys, gals, and enby pals!

-person

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 37.7K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...