efflorescence

By sleepystreets

[efflorescence] the action or process of developing and unfolding as if coming into flower - a collection of... More

1. fleeting sunlight
3. sculpture
4. resurface
5. desperation
6. touch
7. almost love
8. dig me out

2. to be

37 3 3
By sleepystreets

It hurts to be alive. To think like a human being. To be aware and have knowledge like a human being. We know too much. I know too much, and that's why I'm in so much pain. I wish I wasn't able to remember. Then, I wish I didn't know that I was even forgetting anything. I'd just be ignorant and unaware. With no idea of what I lost. I wouldn't want to hear voices of people I once knew. I wouldn't want to feel the touch of people I rarely see. I wouldn't cry about people who have forgotten me. 

I'm just a speck of dust. Genuinely, I am nothing but a small, minuscule dot of life in a sea of billions. I will be gone, and five others will be born to replace me. I have experienced all these sad moments in life only to be replaced by five new lives. Even if my memory lives on in the minds of those closest to me, I will eventually fade into a white space. A nothingness that holds onto everything that refuses to exist. 

I wish I could do everything in the world with no restrictions. I'd speak and speak and speak until I no longer breathed. I'd keep walking until I collapsed with sweat and bloody feet. Just until I stop being alive, I want to feel as if I am in a population of ten people instead of seven billion. I want to exist and not feel like a trivial, meaningless body with life in it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73K 1.2K 50
In which, they start as lovers and end as rivals.. But will the love still be there at the end..?
15.4K 617 8
84.3K 21.8K 75
MELANCHOLY | Melancholy drips from my fingertips. Here, I will speak the sadness, the heartache, and the decaying for all the unspoken. Perhaps un...
7.5K 560 12
✿ ❛ 𝗖𝗟𝗨𝗕 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗡 ❜ ✧˖°. 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒄 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒑 ˖°.✧ 𝗂 𝗁𝗈𝗉𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗇𝖼𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗂𝗇 𝖼𝗅𝗎𝖻 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗏𝖾𝗇 .ᐟ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, �...